Start by marking “Bear Best Friend” as Want to Read:
Bear Best Friend

Bear Best Friend

Dan proves too camp for his boyfriend Tom and is single once more. Burly bear Brian is relieved Dan’s finally rid of Tom-the-bully.

Snowed into a cottage over Christmas, emotions reach boiling point. With the help of no-nonsense best friends, time apart, lots of gin and sadness, and two huge leaps of faith, they begin a bumpy journey from friends to lovers.

Bear Best
Published November 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Bear Best Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bear Best Friend

Start your review of Bear Best Friend
Kaila
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was wow.. i havent read this author before so i had no clue what i was getting into. it was so much fun and interesting.. i love how brian has no issues with his femme best friend.. dan is such an amazing and sexy man who loses his confidence because of crappy boyfriends... and brian loves him. these two figuring it out was adorable to see. very good.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bear Best Friend by Liam Livings is a sweet holiday romance about best friends Dan and Brian. Brian is relieved that Dan is single again and Tom-the-bully is gone. When they get snowed in emotions heat up.

I liked the sweet story of Dan and Brian. Can't wait to read more by this author.
Isabelle Lauren
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Bear Best Friend. I found Dan really annoying in the beginning, but when I learned more about his past, I really felt for him. It's a really sweet Christmas romance (although I would only barely call it a Christmas romance, as Christmas is almost skipped over in the book). The characters are well-drawn and the story is sweet and gave me all the happy feelings. The writing could use some tightening up, but that's only a small point.
Marie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Mixed bag for me

I’m conflicted with this one. I thought Brian was a sweetheart and enjoyed how he was portrayed. I didn’t care for Dan. Tom the bully is horrid but Dan’s behaviour didn’t warm me to him. First read for this author. The secondary characters were sweet but I think the word “babe” was used far too much! Will look to try other books by Liam
Amy Dufera
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Liam Living's Bear Best Friend is a fantastic Christmas romance. I love and adore best friends falling in love and this one totally satisfies that craving.

Dan's a broken man, struggling to figure out who he is. Having been in an abusive relationship, he's not able to just step into another one. I love his doubts and his desire to figure out who he is. This part is so darn realistic and appropriate, as well as emotional to read.

This is a tender story of healing and love; a tale of not
Barbara
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dan has a problem. Low self esteem keeps him choosing the wrong boyfriends. The last one, Tom, really did a number on him. The only way to emotional survival is to call his best friend Brian. Dan is "Femme" and Brian loves everything about him, even helping him pick out his high heeled shoes. When Tom leaves him, he takes another piece of Dan's self esteem with him. Brian gently takes him in hand and keeps him moving in the direction of their Christmas vacation plans. Starting to recognize their ...more
Georgiana
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I liked both Brian and Dan, but poor Brian really touched my heart.

Following Dan through his inner turmoil of all the why’s, what if’s, and is this right or not made him feel real. Brian’s struggles with wanting something he couldn’t have was so sad and at times heartbreaking. All Brian wanted was Dan and yet Dan was to wrapped up in someone else who wasn’t good for him. I’m glad both men had someone they could talk to and that neither struggled alone.

For a quick read this story had
AlitaConejita
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: holiday, m-m
Friend finally let out of the friend zone.

This was not a holiday romance, it just happened to occur around Christmas. During most of the book, the MCs were miserable. Lots of angst and very little communication (between MCs, lots of relationship chatter with female besties on each side). Yes, it was about two friends that eventually get together, but I wouldn’t call it a romance since the predominant tone was sadness, insecurity, and frustration.
Masja
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Christmas story with some angst!

I enjoyed this read! The angsting, misunderstanding and love! Why not talk to one another? A beautiful man in high heels and I guess glitter and a bearded best friend. And I think they both wanted more a long time ago!

This author was new to me but I have to read more from them!
Varecia
Nov 17, 2019
Robin
Nov 24, 2019

• My Christmas Spirit
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • The Christmas Dragon's Mate (Lonely Dragons Club #1)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • Satan Claus Is Coming to Town
  • Wishing on a Dream
  • Hensley Manor
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • A Very Terry Christmas
  • Winterworld
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Spencer (Leashes & Lace #5)
  • Yuletide Treasure (Goddess-Blessed, #3)
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
  • Ghost Pain (Haunted Souls #6)

Liam Livings lives where east London ends and becomes Essex. He shares his house with his boyfriend and cat. He enjoys baking, cooking, classic cars and socialising with friends. He escapes from real life with a guilty pleasure book, cries at a sad, funny and camp film – and he’s been known to watch an awful lot of Gilmore Girls in the name of writing ‘research’.

He has written since he a teenager,