Start by marking “The Lost Files of Nancy Drew” as Want to Read:
The Lost Files of Nancy Drew

The Lost Files of Nancy Drew

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  447 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
This stunning, interactive book is narrated by Nancy Drew herself. Inside you’ll learn all about Nancy’s favorite mysteries, meet the creators of Nancy Drew, and see the art from the 77-year history of the series. With interactive elements on each spread, and a behind-the-scenes look at the world of Nancy Drew, this keepsake book will be cherished for years to come!
Published May 10th 2007 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Files of Nancy Drew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Files of Nancy Drew

Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those scrapbook-sized books that contains loads on information and things to open and look at. It centers on certain of the stories, including The Secret of the Old Clock, The Hidden Staircase, The Mystery at Lilac Inn, The Clue in the Diary, The Clue of the Broken Locket, The Secret of the Old Attic, The Ghost of Blackwood Hall, The Mystery at the Ski Jump, The Scarlet Slipper Mystery, The Mystery of the 99 Steps, The Invisible Intruder, The Strange Message in the Parchment and ...more
Heather
Jul 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Coming from an avid Nancy Drew fan this book is loads of fun! The book is in a scrapbook format with lots of stuff to pull out and look at, it details many of Nancy's cases, coming from Nancy herself in her diary and notes. Lots of fun and interesting tidbits like Hannah's chicken and rice casserole recipe and a morse code alphabet, it also describes when Nancy first met her future boyfriend Ned. There is also section on Nancy Drew through the decades which describes the fashion and fads during ...more
Claire
Jun 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Interactive picturebook sprinkled with facts. A bit limited in quality writing, and unfortunately gives away the endings to all of the nancy drew books. But could be fun for readers who have already read some of the books.
Susan Liston
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, read-2017, mystery
One of those cute interactive books that have lots of moving parts and things to open. I started reading Nancy at age seven and I would have freaked out over this. (by the way, this does contain spoilers of several of the books, so beware of that) Not only was it fun, it was very educational, I learned, for example, what to do if I am ever locked in a closet and what "sleuthing supplies" to never be without. ( e.g. bobby pins)
ErikaH15
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars! Such a cute scrapbook! Pages dedicated to some of the most popular original books (1, 2, 4, 7, 11, 21, 25, 29, 32, 43, 46, 54, 56) with pictures, pop-ups, and cool facts!
Bonnie
Dec 20, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Nancy Drew books
I loved Nancy Drew books when I was younger, so I had high hopes for this.

This book goes book by book, for several of the earliest Nancy Drew books, and summarizes the plot. There were also a few interactive things on each page, like flip open journals, levers that would make things change, and other fun things. In addition, there are postcards of the book covers included, and the history of the writing Nancy Drew (very frank and honest, given that there was no Carolyn Keene, instead ghost write
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Apr 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: found
Shelves: young-adult-yore
I came across this cute tome that is an incredible homage to books that were "good reads" when we were younger...! Um, some of us...! These iconic books that always seemed to be in everyone's bookcase collection, on everyone's shelf, along with some of the Hardy Boys' books, Readers Digest, LOTR, and some others.
It is an interactive book, & it's narrated by Nancy Drew; she highlights some favorite mysteries and some behind the scenes. As well, it contains beautiful & nostalgic art from
MaryRachel
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the Nancy Drew series
If you loved the Nancy Drew books, you'll love this one! Well, it's not really a book, it's sort of like a journal that explains the things that are in the Nancy Drew books. It doesn't have all the books in it, only a select few. Each page is packed with cool things that you will enjoy looking at again and again. Like the lost will of Josiah Crowley (The Secret of the Old Clock), the passport of Raoul Amien/David Judson (The Scarlet Slipper Mystery). If you ever look at it, I hope you enjoy it a ...more
Heather
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books, inv
This book is fantastic for Nancy Drew fans. Yes, in my twenties, I'm still a fan (which my husband used to tease me about mercilessly, until we read a New York Times Op-Ed about how all three of the female Supreme Court Justices loved Nancy Drew: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/wee...). This book is a scrapbook style collection of items related to about a dozen of Nancy Drew's sixty-four mysteries. It's very entertaining and is something I look forward to giving to my daughter (because, of cou ...more
Kristin
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, ya
Enjoyable read for a fan of Nancy Drew since I was seven or eight, very hands-on but more in-depth than I'd expected. Only 4/5 because at the end, when they discussed the making of Nancy Drew and its different writers and editors over the years, they didn't go much into detail, as has been the case every time I've tried to figure out what changes were made to the original series a few decades later.

If you loved Nancy Drew, I'd definitely pick it up! I'm glad I bought it at Borders super on sale
Gretchen
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are a Nancy Drew fan then you will love this book, very interactive, it has been a great way to engage my daughter even more in the series with searching through this book to see clues from the stories. It only has 13 stories in it, and not in the usual order, my daughter wishes they would come out with another for the rest of the stories.
Hope
Jul 13, 2011 added it
This is an easy read book and is probably more for little girls. I have always loved the interactive books with letters to take out and read, and flaps to flip, and secrets to discover. I was so excited to find this book because Nancy Drew was my hero when I was younger! For only $5, this book was a steal, and definitely worth the money I paid.
Lauren
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this book. I got it many many years ago for a present when I was completely crazy about Nancy Drew. It's an amazing book. There are little pockets and envelopes and flaps to look at. It's hands on and perfect for a fan of Nancy.
Toni Porter
Jun 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
When I was 10, Nancy Drew was my hero! Thanks to my sister Rose Marie (who left her Nancy Drew collection at home when she got married...) I was able to devour each and every one! I can hardly wait to see the new movie!!
Lauren
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is for the hard Nancy Drew fans. An avid Nancy Drew fan myself I really enjoyed it. I even read the books while reading this. I wish someone would do a decent movie or tv show based on these books.
Carrie
Aug 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
If you liked Nancy Drew at all you have to check out this title. It's a novelty book in the vein of Piratelogy etc. There are flaps to lift, cards to take out and look at. I enjoyed sitting there for a while looking through things and recalling the books I used to read.
Brenda
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
an interactive pop up and history book about the series and recap of certain cases with the journal entries or props that Nancy would have used in each case. A good one if you have read most of the mysteries.
Lola
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this more than I ever enjoyed a Nancy Drew books. It gives you an interactive look at a few of the Nancy Drew books and a bit of the history of Nancy Drew, her creator, and her changing authors. I'd recommend it as a companion book for children reading the Nancy Drew series.
Rashaun
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this as a gift and it really gave me a good insight into the history of Nancy Drew that I had never known before.
Schylar
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nancy-drew
This was interesting I loved how it told the story of the writers'!!!
Posie
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is great!!
Azreena Shah
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing book! This is a must-have for every Nancy Drew fan! :D
Karen Arendt
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just makes me want to re-read all those great mysteries again!
Kathie H
Mar 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Love anything Nancy Drew! This one is great because it's like a real scrapbook where you can take out the little souvenirs. My granddaughter & I loved cuddling up & reading this together!
Arabesque
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this Nancy Drew Scrapbook! So perfect for any Nancy Drew fan!
Joanna Yeoh
A collector's item that I want to keep for my own relishing :)
Bridget
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-lit
This was a lot of fun. It was like reading plot summaries combined with suggestions on how to be a detective.
Diana
Dec 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A really fun and exciting pop-up book.
Niharika Raj
May 19, 2017
Sonal
Apr 19, 2013
  • To Be a Princess: The Fascinating Lives of Real Princesses
  • The Detective and Mr. Dickens
  • The Official Nancy Drew Handbook: Skills, Tips, & Life Lessons from Everyone's Favorite Girl Detective
  • Danger at the Wild West Show (American Girl History Mysteries, #19)
  • Letters from Felix: A Little Rabbit on a World Tour with Envelope
  • At Home with Beatrix Potter: The Creator of Peter Rabbit
  • Enemy in the Fort (American Girl History Mysteries, #13)
  • Mystery on Skull Island (American Girl History Mysteries, #15)
  • Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book
  • Swing!: A Scanimation Picture Book
  • Whistler in the Dark (American Girl History Mysteries, #16)
  • The Lover's Path: An Illustrated Novella of Venice
  • Longbourn to London
  • The Minstrel's Melody (American Girl History Mysteries, #11)
  • Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter
  • Mystery of the Dark Tower (American Girl History Mysteries, #6)
  • Kimonos
  • Mystery at Chilkoot Pass (American Girl History Mysteries, #17)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• A Quiet Life In The Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1)
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Deliver Her
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter, #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Rain Girl (Franza Oberwieser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Shuddering
  • The Unseeing
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The 7th Canon
  • The Sisterhood
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bum Rap (Jake Lassiter #10)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Question of Inheritance (A Very English Mystery #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Good Neighbor
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shark Skin Suite (Serge Storms #18)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Free Fall (The John Ceepak Mysteries)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Interference
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In The Market For Murder (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beggar King (The Hangman's Daughter, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Poisoned Pilgrim (The Hangman's Daughter, #4)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • End of Secrets
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Only the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Eagle Has Landed (The Liam Devlin Novels)
  • The Lost Ones
  • The Halo Effect
  • The God's Eye View
  • What She Knew
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Werewolf of Bamberg (The Hangman's Daughter, # 5)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The 7th Victim: A Novel: Volume 1 (The Karen Vail Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shattered Tree (Bess Crawford, #8)
  • The Dante Club
  • Grit
  • Fatal Tide
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trinity Game (The Game Trilogy Book 1)
  • Live by Night
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Story
  • The Lost Girls
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Summer (Darling Investigations #1)
  • Depth of Lies
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Supreme Justice (Reeder and Rogers #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Dead Cat Bounce (Home Repair is Homicide Mystery #1)
  • Gone South