Start by marking “Beautifully Scarred” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Scarred

Beautifully Scarred

With her past firmly behind her where it belongs, Juliette has made a career out of turning her scars into art. She uses her skills to help others cover the evidence of their pain, too.

But some scars are too deep, too painful for anyone to hide completely.

Juliette has everything she could ever need--great parents, her dream job, the best friend a girl could ask for,

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Scarred, please sign up.

Start your review of Beautifully Scarred
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Juliette has a past that's left her scarred both physically and emotionally. Then one night she meets Lee and he seems intent on being in her life, making it past all the defenses she's put up over the years. If she lets him in, she might find the love and peace she, everyone, deserves.

This packed quite an emotional punch. Juliette had been through so much and it had damaged her almost beyond repair. She needed a strong partner, one who wouldn't run when she did her usual pushing away. Lee was
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Scarred is a great read. I loved it. I was totaled hooked on this story and read it in one sitting. This one is definitely a must read. Juliette is just a beautiful character. She's gone through a lot. She has a good life now but her pass was far from good. She has huge walls up and doesn't do relationships. Lee is amazing guy. He's persistent but patient. These two are drawn to together and have great chemistry. Their story pulls at your heart strings. I loved loved this one.
Jenifer Briggs
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book early this morning, and I'm still trying to find the words to convey just how special and beautiful this book is. There are hard -- but very important -- subject matters that deserves to be discussed and heard, and I'm trying so hard not to give anything away because this is a book that you MUST go in blind for. Just know that once you start, you won't be able to stop. This author will captivate you with her beautiful words and leave you reeling until the very last page ...more
Eileen Robinson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful raw emotional read.
Juliette aka Mills is a Survivor, although still troubled by her abusive damaged past she's has moved forward in life. Make no mistake this girl is strong, the scars on the outside are healed but those inside still determine most of her life decisions. Having been fortunate to have gained loving adoptive parents and now a career she loves, everything is finally on an even keel for her.
Lee blows into her life like an unwanted storm, one she can't avoid !!
TheHauteBookworm
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really, really enjoyed this book. I love when something tragic becomes beautiful!!
“Our scars are permanent, but the way we wear them can be changed. No one is perfect. We should be proud of our bodies, celebrate our flaws and embrace our scars.”
This is a well told story about Juliette learning to make peace with the past, so she can learn to live with the present. Juliette may claim that she wears her scars proudly, but she has more to learn than she thought. She’s still hiding. Hiding her
Diane plourde
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

This is the first time I read a book written by this author and it won’t be the last time. This 6 star story was read in one sitting. The sad part is that I had never heard of this author and I saw the amazing cover and read the blurb and took a chance. I’m super glad I did.

Juliette comes from a troubled past and has never fully moved on. Then Lee comes into her life. She doesn’t date or see the same guy twice but he’s very persistent.

This amazing story had all the feels. A solid page turner
Konny
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
" The scars you can't see are the hardest ones to heal. "
Beautifully Scarred by H.P. Davenport tells Juliette aka Mills' heart wrenching story.
Juliette is a young woman and Karma was not always nice to her. But now she has everything good in her life. She's a gifted tattoo artist, independent .
He is new in town, just hired as tattoo artist when he meets Mills. He can't stay away from her, but.. .

Beautifully Scarred is a heart wrenching, touching read, excellent written and beautifully thought
Carly Wilson
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautifully Scarred by H P Davenport, is a beautiful story of love and overcoming past traumas. It focuses on ‘Mills’ a female tattoo studio owner, who doesn’t cave to relationships, and only settles for one night stands to enable herself not to form attachments or get close to anyone.

But when ‘Lee’ flirtatiously attracts her attention in a bar, there is something about him that Mills is drawn to. He is the man that sticks in her mind, and haunts her dreams and all in the wrong ways! She wishes
Shasta Hope
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pam
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Juliette "Mills" is certain that she has found her path in this difficult journey we call life. For some the journey is harder than others. She is strong and independent thanks to the unconditional love of her adoptive parents. Turning her one escape from the pains of her past into a wonderful strong livelihood and sharing it with other who need to hide their pain to move forward is remarkable. But not without a cost to her emotionally.

Lee is looking for a new start. It is time and what better
Sassy Southern
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This book is a powerful and emotional read that is so much more than a love story. Juliette has a past. One that she fights hard to control. Juliette refuses to allow herself to feel emotions, to be anything but immune to love. And she feels like she is doing a good job having only her best friend and parents know the real person behind her scars, hiding behind a job as a tattoo artist, and having meaningless one night stands to pass the time. But Juliette knows the truth and her
Carrie
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OH my goodness, this is an emotional read! Grab tissues & get ready to fall in love with Mills & Lee.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Juliette at the beginning. Her approach to sex is not something I enjoy in my main characters - male or female - because I don't want to read about them w/ other ppl. And while the opening isn't graphic by any means, it still put me off her a bit right from the start. So, imagine my surprise when I found myself actually really liking her! She has reasons
Melissa at Book Boyfriend And Husband Makes Three
This beautifully written romance had so much more than a love story. Lee and Jules had an instant chemistry that was ablaze the moment they met. Jules had so many demons to fight to get where she was in life and I adored her for the courage and strength she showed when she was dealing with memories of a past she couldn't escape. I loved her parents so much, they supported her and loved her unconditionally like a parent should and it seemed fate brought her to the people she needed most at ...more
Mandy Barnes
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“The most beautiful People are Broken…”

Mills is on a mission to keep those around her at a distance, but her past may soon catch up with her without her expecting it. Can Mills let her walls down and let fate play its role, or will she always be broken?

Lee is hoping for a new start in a new city, but by chance, he is tripped up by Fate, can he break threw and love the woman of his dreams or will he walk away shattered?

While reading this story there is a song that stuck in my head that just so
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Juliette is a survivor who is broken by her past, and Lee is determined to get to know the real her. No spoilers: this is a must read, this gifted author had outdone herself with this story. This is a beautifully written story which is an emotional roller coaster journey throughout, as well as being an intense, raw and powerful read which had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner. Be aware this story covers sensitive subject matters which this author had done a phenomenal ...more
Lauren
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Juliette Mills, a tattoo artist with a tough exterior, has a lot of scars from her past and a tendency to stick to one night stands when she meets Lee Hart, a persistent and amazing guy, who found himself drawn to Juliette immediately. The story unfolds and you quickly find out that some scars are harder to heal than others. H.P. Davenport wrote a beautiful story about finding ways to heal old scars and opening your heart to new experiences.

Reviewed for a Book Nerd, a Book Seller, and a
Andrea Thompson
Solid 4.5 stars

This was my first story by this author but I'll be awaiting more for sure. Mills and Lee's story has big heart and even though I figured out early on what direction the author was headed I was HERE FOR IT.

This pair has some intense challenges in their way, many of which are Mills herself. Overall, it's a fantastic steamy love story and you can't help but root for this couple's HEA.

Highly recommend!
Sophie Ruthven
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 and a half stars.
This was a new to me author and one I'll definitely be interested in reading more from.
Loved the message of empowerment that was sprinkled throughout the book in many different ways, was definitely something I needed to read.
Also the message of trusting in fate, that things will happen the way they are meant to.
Definitely a must read for those who struggle on a daily basis.
The characters and plot will inspire.
Kathy Coopmans
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The title to this emotional, heart-gripping book is perfect for a story such as this.
It was painful.
It’s was hurtful.
It was tearful.
It was survival.
It was beautifully scarred and I loved it. These gut wrenching stories are my favorite to read.
Beautiful story. Beautifully written.
Kathy Coopmans
USA Today Bestselling Author.
Michelle
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful and gut wrenching story. H.P. Davenport has a gift with words.... And here are a few from this book.

“Life leaves us with scars.”

“Being hurt can be a way to find strength.”

“Maybe your world wasn't falling apart, rather it was falling into place.”
Kristina Simkins
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Even has it broke my heart before putting it back together. It’s emotional story about abuse, visible and soul deep scars, demons from a haunting past and a second chance at true love.
Liz
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching and emotional story with so many feels. I absolutely loved it, even as my heart shattered.

See my full review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Kelly Fountain
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes we think we want to disappear but all we really want is to be found.” Hold On video by Derek Hough

I’m amazed. I’m shattered. I’m ripped open and I am put back together. I’ve walked in shoes that I never thought I would. I’ve been pulled down into the depths of despair and I’ve been raised up again. Stronger than I was before.

H.P. Davenport never fails to to gut the reader. She has an innate ability to take topics that are extremely difficult and gives you the opportunity to
Heidi Sturgess
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2020
Again ....a cover that send shivers up my spine ! I just know this is going to be an epic read ! A read , that pardon the pun , is going to leave a scar on my heart.......

We all have scars, some deeper than others and it really touched me me how compassionate Jules is and how she reaches out to those to make their "ugly" into something "beautiful" she is the kind of person that speaks directly to your heart LOVE YOU GIRL !

I just love how Jules explains friendship because sometimes a friend is
Sunny Shelly Reads
Oh my goodness, this book is fantastic. I'm not even going to tag it with all of my shelves that it should be on, because you need to go into this book blind. It's not easy to read — but the ending is so, so wonderful, and the connection between Mills and Lee is amazing, and the kind of thing that makes you believe in fate and some kind of greater power.

Mills had a horrific childhood, suffered extreme abuse at the hands of her foster family, and 20 years later still remains guarded and has a
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Juliette learned a long time ago not to get attached to anyone, nothing is permanent... everyone leaves at some point or another. So when it comes to men she keeps herself just out of reach, if she craves their comfort they keep it to one night and one night only, and she definitely doesn't repeat... ever!!

Well, that is until she meets Lee, for some reason that man has found a way to convince her to bend her rules for him, and as much as she hates it, the more she craves his attention. But just
Heather Mclaughlin
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Scarred,

Juliette aka Mills is a woman who has been through so much more then any one human should go through in her short life. She has walls that go so high you can’t even hope to get them brick by brick you have to hope/pray to bash through.

Lee is a beautiful man who understands what he sees and he sets out from the start to be what she needs to be able to get in there. He is kind, compassionate, hard working, sexy and very much dedicated to living this life to the fullest and
~lil maso~
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an emotionally fabulous read.
I devoured this book in a day it was just that good.

A beautifully scarred Mill's aka Juliette suffered horribly in her childhood but this is what shaped her into the feisty take no prisoners warrior she is now! She meets Lee one night after work and the chemistry is instant, there is a connection for both of them that neither of them can explain but neither can stay away from the other.

A fantastic read, you will be drawn into the story from the start and it will
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
As soon as I finished Beautifully Scarred by H.P. Davenport I messaged the author to tell her how powerful and touching I found this story. I connected to Juliette and Lee on such a personal level. The story stayed with me for days. Juliette overcame so much and yet her past haunted her. She channeled that into her art and eventually in helping others. At times she saw herself as weak, but she was anything but that. She was strong and determined and yet kept love at bay. Letting someone get ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: Emotional read! 1 12 Feb 19, 2020 06:57PM
Romance Retreat: Emotional Read 1 12 Feb 19, 2020 06:55PM

• Reckless At Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels, #3)
  • Send Me Crazy
  • Spark (Web of Desire, #1)
  • Just Friends (Blue Beech, #6)
  • Love Bank (Jobs from Hell, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • How the Mind Breaks
  • A Lovely Obsession (Debt of Passion Duet, #1)
  • My Fair Puck Bunny (Hockey Gods, #2)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Releasing Keanu (The Kennedy Boys #8)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • One-Eighty (Westover Prep, #1)
  • A Widow's Tale
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
Paralegal by day, romance genius by night! When she's not tending to her furry children and her handsome husband, HP DAVENPORT is seamlessly carving beautiful stories from her mind in her comfy PJs in New Jersey.