Start by marking “The Viking's Captive” as Want to Read:

The Viking's Captive

Thorvald Longsword can’t believe all he has to do is kidnap the daughter of his jarl’s enemy to get his land back. Easy. But when he finally snatches the princess up and tosses her over his shoulder, the beautiful spitfire makes him question his determination to get his land back at any cost.

Alodie gladly agrees to impersonate the princess so the bloodthirsty Northmen
Published December 9th 2019 by Entangled angled Publishing, LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking's Captive

Start your review of The Viking's Captive
Carole Burant
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooooh, this was such a great story and I enjoyed it from start to finish. This was my first time reading a book by this author and I was very impressed. I love Viking stories and this one did not disappoint.

All Thorvald wants is to get his land back and if he has to kidnap a princess for his Jarl to do so, so be it! Alodie, a servant for the princess, comes up with a plan which involves her pretending to be the princess. It all seems pretty cut and dry but neither of them expected to start
Liberty Ireland Historical Graffiti
What a book full of tall, strong Viking hotness and young British strong will and heartedness!! Alodie and Thorvald, while meeting under less than optimal circumstances, were an amazing couple, one that I simply ADORED! Ms. Hahn is obviously well versed in researching and writing delightful historical romances. While this is the first book of hers that I have read to my knowledge, It will certainly not be the last. I loved her approach to writing as told in her foreword -

"...I am not a scholar,
Lori D
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first page, the adventure began as the Vikings arrive. Alodie sees them on the sea and runs to warn everyone including her mistress, the princess.
Elodie begs the Princess to let her act in her place so that she will be safe. Dressing up and standing before the "demons", the leader stepped out and said he had come for the Princess.
Thorvald Longsword loathed having to take her. But he would do as he was bid. It was his chance to do something for the Jarl and win his favor and he would
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Viking's Captive by Ingrid Hahn is the story of Alodie and Thorvald.
Thorvald was sent to kidnap the Princess and in returned he would be given back his land. So that is what he set out to do. Alodie was left by her father became a servant of the Princess. So when Thorvald came, Alodie took the Princess place. Thorvald of course doesn't know this at first but he is definitely attracted to the spirited women. Alodie has her attraction too but with what she is hiding and of course her painful
Becky
Thorvald is indebted to the jarl. He keeps a secret of Thorvald's that he would prefer never sees the light of day. Thorvald is his best warrior so when the jarl decides he needs his enemy's daughter for the perfect revenge, he sends Thorvald to take the princess.

Alodie loves and happily serves her princess. To protect her, she suggests impersonating her for negotiations, though she never dreams they would dare kidnap the princess.

I think you might like this story if you enjoy:
-enemies to
Kelsie Maxwell
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
The Viking’s Captive by Ingrid Hahn is my first book by this author. As a first experience with this author’s work, I found the novel to be interesting.

Alodie, a servant, sees Viking ships approaching her island home. She sounds the alarm to her people hoping they have enough time to hide their valuables and save as many lives as possible. When the Vikings reveal that they have come to kidnap her princess, Alodie volunteers to impersonate her. She is instantly drawn to the Viking captain even
Elaine
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
In short, this was ok. I didn't love it though, not as much as I hoped I would when I started it. I liked the premise to this book (especially the fact that it was a little different than most of the other historical romances - I just love Vikings, I mean, who doesn't right?) and I was sure I'd enjoy it greatly but sadly for some reason it feels like it dragged on forever. It was fine. Not great, not awful, just ok. Nothing stands out, neither in a good nor in a bad way. The characters are bland ...more
Amy Bruno
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as wishlist
Online Launch Party! Join Author Ingrid Hahn on Saturday, Dec 28th on Facebook to celebrate the release of her latest historical romance, The Viking's Captive!

Chat with the author & win some prizes!

Suzette
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is filled with lots of wild Viking action. Thorvald is holding on to a secret that is a burden on his heart and is leading him to do things he doesn’t believe in. Alodie is fierce and curios. When she puts herself in a position to be taken captive her life changes. The book is filled with enormous highs and lows. As these two struggle t9 make sense of their place in the world, they will fight for love and faith. You will enjoy the rousing arguments and the spitfire personality that is ...more
Ashley
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars rounded up. This book is adventurous, romantic, and definitely steamy at times! Whenever I picked up "The Viking's Captive", I felt like I traveled back to the Early Medieval Era, and could see everything happening before my eyes.

The characters felt very real, and also grew throughout the novel. Many of them had huge character arcs, and the relationships and interactions between various characters felt very authentic. There were quite a few twists and turns that I did not see
Elodie

Blurb :

Alodie gladly agrees to impersonate the princess so the bloodthirsty Northmen
Candy Briggs
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alodie was born of a Viking father and her mother but he abandoned them several months later. She was a servant, but she trusted the Princess. So when the Vikings showed up in their little land, she offered to take the place of her Princess and it was a way to keep the Princess safe.
Thorvald Longsword was the beautiful Viking who stole her away from her land. He had been sent by his Jarl( headman) to get the Princess. When his dad turned coward and ran, the Jarl made him vow,
a man's vow was a
Petula
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alodie is a servant to the princess of the small kingdom. When she sees the demons coming from the sea, she quickly runs to warn her. She will do anything to save the princess who has been so good to her.

Thorvald Longsword has been sent by his Jarl for just one purpose, so there will be no treasure for the men this time. He hates having to serve the Jarl but the man is holding a terrible secret over him.

A fabulous Viking adventure full of battles and secrets. The characters have much more in
Alicia
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The blurb totally drew me in. I love Vikings. Thorvald has to kidnap a princess in order to get his lands back. Alodie impersonates the princess in order to fool the Northmen into taking her instead.
They are both attracted to one another but the secrets they keep, make it impossible to act on those feelings.

This book was very good and well written. I give this 3.75 stars. I liked it but there was something missing for me. There was adventure, an evil villain, a strong heroine. A good epilogue.

Katrina Berry
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found The Viking's Captive by Ingrid Hahn to be an enjoyable read with an action-packed storyline and a chemistry between Thorvald and Alodie that captured my attention. I was hooked! The characters were solid while the world was well-defined. Ms. Hahn had me invested in the whole of the story and to see how all turned out in the end. Nicely done Ms. Hahn.

An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Maria11
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Started out so well then tanked in the middle and picked up some at the end. This was a struggle to complete. It dragged so much. I also really didn’t love the main characters. There was just something missing from the story and I am not sure what. Again great beginning the reason for the three stars,

Received a copy from the publisher for an honest review.
Stacey
Dec 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Review excerpted from my blog post over at FanSciHist Romance Reviews (https://fanscihist.wordpress.com/2019...)

My Rating: 3.5 stars

Library recommendation: Recommended for public library romance ebook collections.

Warning: Hereafter, you chance spoilers. I will try never to reveal major plot points, but to review any book, you must reveal some parts of the story.

__________________

Number of titles I have read by this author: 1

Love story speed: Slow-Medium burn

Relationship dynamics: The Reluctant
Janet
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alodie gladly agrees to impersonate the princess so the bloodthirsty Northmen will take her instead. While Alodie might be ready to die for her people, she wasn’t prepared for how her pulse races for the
Fizza
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting read that I enjoyed immensely. It is an adventure that takes us back into the time of Vikings. 'Demons,' as Alodie likes to call them, are not what she expected when she impersonated her princess and gets captured in her stead. But Thorvald Longsword changes her mind about the Northmen and she realizes that they are not Demons. They are just men flawed and misguided at times, pure evil at others. Yet, at the end of the day, they are men and shouldn't be hated for what ...more
Pamela
Dec 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Alodie sees Vikings coming to shore. With the king gone, she knows she must reach the princess in time to save her. When the Vikings demand the princess go with them, Alodie pretends to be the princess in order to spare her from whatever fate awaits her. Thus, Alodie finds herself their captive.

Thorvald Longsword must kidnap the daughter of his jarl's enemy if he wants his lands back. An easy enough task, right? Thorvald wasn't counting on beginning to like her. When the time comes, can he give
Stephanie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Linda Walters
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked some parts of this book than other parts. This book had good and honorable main characters. Alodie and Thorvald were people that I found interesting. The world-building involved two different cultures and was done well too. Things in the story were well described. Several different secondary people added interest. However, I did have mixed feelings about the story. It had moments that I enjoyed and then it just seemed to settle to a point where not much was happening. Even though their ...more
Amy Alvis
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thorvald has been told that he will get his family's land back if he completes a task for his jarl. All he has to do is bring back the daughter of the jarl's enemy. He mets the princess and is intrigued. Later he finds the princess alone and a much as he doesn't like the idea, ends up kidnapping her. He doesn't count on falling for her on the return trip home.

Alodie is just a servant to the princess. But when their enemy comes ashore, she convinces everyone that she should stand in for princess
Samantha
Thorvald is a Viking with one thing on his mind. To serve his Jarl and get his land back. When he is sent on a raid to do something he never would, take a person, his whole life is going to be flipped upside down.

Alodie is servant girl to the princess. She will never be anything more. However one day spotting the ships coming onto the beach will be a day that forever changes her life. Taken by the Vikings, she not only discovers somethings about herself, but falls in love with a man who has a
Tripip
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like Viking tales of old, this story had many elements that kept me enthralled; adventure, romance, drama, heroism, tragedy, deceit and secrets. Well written in a way that takes you to the time period without getting too bogged down with technical language. I loved the inventive curse words. Even though something drastic happens to Sigurd, I'm hoping for his story next!
I received a copy from Netgalley. This is my unbiased review.
Tammy
Dec 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thorvald is tasked with kidnaping a Princess to get his lands back and ends up taking her servant Alodie, who takes the Princess’ place. Sparks are soon flying between the two but Alodie has been through so much can she trust Thorvald and what will happen when he discovers the truth? Fast-paced read with loads of drama and steam. An entertaining historical read.
Lusie
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is about Alodie who is taken by viking. I like the premise. There is adventure and romance. Both Alodie and Thorvald are strong and likeable characters. The story was a bit predictable, but I didn't mind. It was a fun and quick read for me.
Celeste
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I truly enjoyed this book, so different then your average Viking love story. I found humor in the Vikings known as demons, and this never actually was said they are Vikings, we assume by the title. It was sweet, humorous and action packed.
Marianne Post
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2019
Romina
Dec 25, 2019

• My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Some Like it Plaid
  • The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)
  • The Duke's Desire (12 Dukes of Christmas #8)
  • About an Earl
  • The Sinful Scot (Saints & Scoundrels, #3)
  • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
  • The Gift of the Marquess (Love is All Around #2)
  • Joy to the Duke (Love is All Around #3)
  • Rescuing Lord Roxwaithe (Lost Lords, #2)
  • A Scot's Pledge (The MacLomain Series: End of an Era Book 1)
  • The Highland Outlaw
  • The Duke's Embrace (12 Dukes of Christmas #7)
  • Promised
  • In Bed with the Earl (Lost Lords of London, #1)
  • At All Cost
Ingrid Hahn is a failed administrative assistant with a B.A. in Art History. Her love of reading has turned her mortgage payment into a book storage fee, which makes her the friend who you never want to ask you for help moving. Though originally from Seattle, she now lives in the metropolitan DC area with her ship-nerd husband, small son, and four opinionated cats. When she’s not reading or ...more