Jump to ratings and reviews
Dahlquist is brimming with gifts and good cheer. While King Liri spends the holidays with his queen in the mortal realm, it's up to a certain elf and her brood to rule.

It’s all fun and fa-la-las at the castle—until the holidays turn into a deadly game of hide-and-seek.

While some of the family is getting naughty, others are hunting down an escaped prisoner who isn't playing nice. Meanwhile, will a wish for a future bundle wrapped in pink come true?

This holiday you're invited to come deck the halls of Dahlquist.

ebook

First published December 10, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nikki Jefford

60 books982 followers
Reality is overrated ... which is why I write!

Vampire hunters, wolf shifters, witches, elves and Fae with humor, romance, snark and steam. I love bad boys with hearts of gold and heroines who kick ass.

To get in on the fun and adventure, visit my website for release alerts, updates, exclusive giveaways, and a free story when you become a VIP newsletter subscriber: http://nikkijefford.com/

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 33 reviews
Profile Image for Renée.
730 reviews87 followers
December 12, 2019
Oh sweetberry sunshine, Nikki Jefford has done it again. The Holiday Crown is filled with betrayal, love and adventure, and will have you hooked by the first page.

This special little holiday treat featuring the wonderful characters in The Royal Conquest Saga, as well as the children was a perfect Christmas themed book. I loved the addition of Freya’s POV along with Melarue and Aerith, which was a perfect combination of the characters stories.

I highly recommend the The Royal Conquest Saga books, and can’t wait to continue the journey with the Royal Conquest Heirs.

Favourite line: Once a queen, always a queen. No crown necessary.
Profile Image for Joy Whiteside.
3,973 reviews75 followers
December 9, 2019
This is an amazing read that I could not put down, no matter what I needed to do. It moves along at a great pace. The characters are so real and amazing that you feel as though you know them personally and no matter what you want to see them succeed, no matter what they need to do. The story will grab you from the moment that you start reading ad it will not let you go until the very last page is read. This is an amazing read that needs to be on your TBR list, no doubt about it.
Profile Image for Jackie.
2,295 reviews
November 27, 2019
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader's copy of this book.
Oh sweet berry, what a fabulous Christmas type novella to add to the series. Just like Aerith can’t get enough of her sweets, I can’t get enough of Aerith & Jhaeros, or Melarue & her mates! They are all such strong characters. I loved this world from the start of the series in The Monster Ball 1 anthology. These characters are so much more than words on paper for me. I was so hoping baby fever would be a bit more wide spread than it ended up being, but I think it worked out as perfectly as Aerith & Jhaeros playing their original game of Campaign! I loved the antics of the children. Fraya and Lark are fantastic teenagers, & I look forward to their stories down the road. I just can’t believe the evil pit berries that keep popping up at Dalhquist castle, unbelievable, it’s like the castle (or maybe some of the family genetics) need exorcisms! Well worth the read, & anyone whose kept up with the series will love it.
Profile Image for Roxanne.
222 reviews2 followers
Just like her mother

I loved getting back to the characters and Dahlquist. The novella picks up 8 years later, so Fraya and Lark are teenagers. Melarue and her mates are ready to try for a girl, and to allow them some alone time Aerith and Jhaeros decide to visit Dalhquist to watch after the twins. We get to see other character favorites as well. But a certain evil is still lurking around the castle and whatever can go wrong does whenever Aerith is in residence. Poor Aerith. So it's up to a bad ass female to save the day in Faerie! This sets us up for four, yes four more novellas, to add to the Royal Conquest Saga! Sweetberries!!!
Profile Image for Nikki Jefford.
Author 60 books982 followers
Read
September 25, 2020
Oh, holly berries! It's happening! A Royal Conquest Christmas. 🎅🧝🧚🎄

I wasn't sure if I was going to do this novella. Once I started, I was sucked back into this beloved world. Laughter, love . . . and another huge Elmray family secret! 'Tis the season for family drama. (And elves!)

The holidays can be a time of loneliness and holiday blues. I want to put a little something out there that brings good cheer. I can't wait for you to come deck the halls of Dahlquist! 🥰
An Epic holiday adventure

Every time Arieth thinks she's out the Elmrays pull her back in!!

I was a little sad when the Royal Conquest series ended, but once again Nikki Jefford transports us back to Dahlquist just in time for the Christmas season with the Elmray and Keasandoral families. Although Mel, Lyklor, Ryo, Arieth, Jhaeros, and Folas are now parents they are still the characters we've come to love. Mel, Ryo, and Lyklor still possess that bit of a wild and adventurous nature and show no signs of slowing down. While Arieth and Jhaeros are still the more mature and reasonable types, but still with a slightly adventurous side. But now we get to know more about Arieth's daughter (Fraya) Mel's sons (Lark) her twins (Reed and Ronin), Folas's daughter (Gayla), and a few new, and old, characters as well.

Fraya is a well balanced mix of her mother and her aunt Mel, being a bit of a spit fire but still responsible. Lark, Mel and Lyklor's son, has calmed down since he was a young child annoying his cousin,  and matured into a charming young prince who reminds me a lot of his aunt in nature. While Mel and Ryo's twins are tiny little terrors, much like a younger Mel. I cannot wait to read more about the future of the Dahlquist kingdom. What a way to end 2019 on a high note with this 5 star novella. #2019MustRead

In addition I am more than overjoyed that Nikki Jefford decided to go forth and give us more with the Royal Conquest Heirs series. 2020 is looking great already.
Profile Image for Michelle Fritz PA.
1,095 reviews79 followers
November 28, 2019
Oh my sweet hormonal holly berries!!! This novella has so many panting characters with it's over heated moments! Ms. Jefford certainly knows how to bring the heat, you'll feel as if your toasty warm beside a festive fireplace. This has a bit of everthing! From hilarious moments to those of betrayal, the next generation will keep your imagination running after them. Never fear, there is plenty of adult action sprinkled in as well! I truly loved the catching up this provides!! These are some of my most beloved friends. 💗 There is a moment I'll never stop snort laughing at, one with Mel and her princes and a special salute to the twins. 🤣🤣🤣 This is without a doubt, one of the best Christmas novellas that you'll read this season! 🎄🎄🎄🎄
Profile Image for Dawn Yacovetta.
807 reviews1 follower
December 9, 2019
It was fun and steamy and full of the usual antics of the family as they all spend a Christmas in Dahlquist while the king and queen are away. But there's a dangerous mystery afoot, and fun turns to mayhem while a naughty night away turns into a frightening noel.

Chasing these characters around and watching them try to round up the children and keep everyone out of trouble and safe was a terrific way to spend an afternoon. Of course, there's room for more as the new year comes into focus for these entertaining characters, and I look forward to seeing what the author has in store for them.
35 reviews1 follower
November 29, 2019
Oh the shenanigans. Just when you think the family drama is over you find out it's beginning again! Can't wait to see what kind of trouble the kids get into!
Profile Image for Mima.
124 reviews2 followers
December 9, 2019
Oh my sweetberries! Nikki has done it yet again! She has delivered another amazing book full of so many emotions from steamy to intrigue to funny. I felt so connected to Aerith and Mel that I felt very sad to put behind their adventures and all the wonderful characters that we met along the way. In this book you are transported once again to Dahlquist and man did I miss it! If you loved the Royal Conquest Series then you'll definitely love this book!
Profile Image for Shawn.
352 reviews2 followers
December 10, 2019
Well Nikki Jefford did it again, she wrote a fun and hotter than Hell Holiday read. Dalquist 8 years later, as the families are celebrating the human trading of Christmas. This book will get you jingle balls jingling but it’s not all fun and games and steam, as a dangerous twist will have you on your toes. I love this world that the author has created, this so much a fun read....
Profile Image for Samantha Bridges.
229 reviews
December 9, 2019
Omg I just loved this book! I loved getting the children’s point of view and see how they feel now that they are older! It’s so good to have all of the gang back and learn what they have been up too and what may or may not be happening! I can’t wait to read more!
Profile Image for Brittani.
60 reviews
December 9, 2019
I love these characters and this series! It’s so fun and full of action. I love that we jumped into the future and while we still have the old characters that we know and love, we are getting introduced to a new group of characters to love. The holiday theme puts s fun twist to it. I’m excited there are more stories to come!
Profile Image for Jeannie.
325 reviews
December 2, 2019
It was sooo amazing to get back into this world. “Holiday Crown” by Nikki Jefford was outstanding and so much fun to read. So many points of views so as the reader you could see how most of the characters were doing and feeling throughout the book. I love that. The families are all together to celebrate the Earth’s tradition of Christmas in Dahlquist. Of course during a fun stay at the castle something has to happen to add a dangerous twist. Nikki does an excellent job bringing mystery and danger in the mist of celebration. I was captivated by the story and enjoyed the next generation of characters having more of key role in the book. I’m very excited to hear there will be more in this world to come.
Profile Image for Ira.
687 reviews10 followers
December 15, 2019
A sweet and funny addition to the Royal Conquest Saga, this book will have you laughing and furiously turning the pages when love and betrayal invade the palace. Lark and Fraya, the kids of our main characters who have turned into teenagers in the years since we last "met" them, have to step up and save the day - and maybe even a kingdom while the grown-ups, well...sleep?
Okay, maybe not voluntarily. And not all of them - but, oh, well, just trust me, there's a lot of fun and adventure going around and you really don't want to miss it!
Profile Image for Jessica Joy.
Author 7 books143 followers
December 10, 2019
Over the river and through the woods, to Dahlquist we go!
Oh sweet berries! Get ready to spend the holidays with everyone’s favorite Royals, the Elmray and Keasandoral families!

I was so excited to hear Nikki Jefford was bringing us back to Dahlquist for another romp in the rich and enthralling world she has created in her Royal Conquest Series. If you have missed Mel, Lyklor, Ryo, Arieth, Jhaeros, and the rest of the crew you are in for an absolute sweet treat in this holiday tale.

Holiday Crown catches us up on what has happened to our merry band of Royals since we last saw them in Three Kings (If you want to check out my review of the whole Royal Conquest Series check it out HERE) A few years have past since the end of the series and now we get to see not only Mel, Lyklor, Ryo, Arieth, Jhaeros, and Folas as parents but we also get to know their kids as well. Arieth’s daughter (Fraya) Mel’s sons (Lark) her twins (Reed and Ronin), Folas’s daughter (Gayla), and a few new, and old, characters drive this story sweet story.

This novella follows our characters as they all come together to celebrate the Earth’s tradition of Christmas in Dahlquist. Of course during a fun stay at the castle a certain evil is still lurking around and whatever can go wrong does whenever Aerith is in residence. Nikki does an excellent job bringing mystery and danger in the mist of celebration. While we get to see from all our old favorites point of view, the “new generation” have a key role in the action of this story and it was so fun to see their personalities and get to know them more.

Holiday Crown has a bit of everything… plenty of humor and sweet moments, moments that tug at your heartstrings, betrayal, hope, and of course a more than healthy dose of steamy bits that all roll together to leave you singing Christmas songs while curled up in front of a fire. All in all it is the perfect holiday read!
Profile Image for Carrie.
73 reviews1 follower
December 11, 2019
I loved visiting all the characters in this book, it was great to see how Mel was getting on in her relationship and she is just as fierce and awesome as I remember even if a bit of time has passed since we last saw her.

The story is split into different points of view and we get to meet the kids (who are nearly adults!) and see a few chapters from their view... I forsee a new heroine if the series carries on (which I hope it does!)
788 reviews2 followers
March 12, 2020
Nice start to spinoff

It was nice seeing the gang all grown up with their own families with their own trials aged tribulations. I am looking forward to the heir series and I hope lark finds a woman who knocks him down a peg and I hope the "pretender" redeems himself. The author noted she lost her father in the notes and stated that she wrote the book in memory of her dad's optimism and I think she nailed it on the head.
Profile Image for Pam Foster.
485 reviews5 followers
Festive fun and drama!!

This is the perfect festive read for fans of this series, I enjoyed reading it with my mug of hot chocolate, under the lights of my Christmas tree!! I loved catching up with the characters long after the events of the series and this story is the perfect bridge into what’s coming next with the spin off novellas!!! It’s another 5 star read from me ❤️
December 14, 2019
Yes yes yes!!!

I love these characters so much, so I was super excited when i saw this book coming out and it did not disappoint. All the sass, sexiness, and big surprises made for an excellent read! And I am so pumped to see there will be some more novellas in this world! Loved reading about their crazy holiday adventures! ❤️
Profile Image for Dayzee.
820 reviews6 followers
December 11, 2019
Elf’s 🧝‍♀️ and Fae are at it again! Surprising heroes!

Have kids they said... they are cute they said 🤣. Couldn’t help saying that! Our Royals are back at it! And these royals have awesome teenagers and the cutest toddlers! And then you have the Villain kid 😈 Oh yes! Sweet Pitberries! revenge is about to get super interesting ..*evil laugh* bwhahha!! #TeamVillain
Profile Image for Carmen Torres.
819 reviews21 followers
December 10, 2019
Nikki Jefford has outdone herself once again. She has written a hot,steamy,action packed novella. I love these characters. I love the interaction of the going ons. Look forward to what else Nikki Jefford has in store for us. Definitely a must own and read.
Profile Image for Chantel Small.
63 reviews1 follower
December 15, 2019
Great story

Loved this story was a great way to lead into the next generation of books. I love how they celebrate Christmas and Mel and her men still go to the human realm. Can’t wait for the next book.
475 reviews1 follower
December 19, 2019
Enjoying this Christmas edition of Faerie

Always wanting more of Mel and her family. It was nice seeing the change in the children as they'd grown, especially to give their parents a run for their money. Looking forward to future books set in the Conquest series
Profile Image for Jo.
440 reviews2 followers
December 28, 2019
Tons of fun with plenty of action and a touch of mystery thrown in. Loved it!! I can't wait to see what this family gets into next!

Favorite Quote:
"I heard it for what it really was. A threat. No one fucking threatened me."

1,216 reviews6 followers
December 31, 2019
Family time and then some

There's bound to be shenanigans when going to Dalquist and this is no exception. This story had the characters playing indoor man-hunt with unexpected results.
1,373 reviews1 follower
June 13, 2020
Yippie-kye-A

Aloc is first crush of Freya's. Little did she know, what a crush he would be. Lark goes all protective cousin and just in time to keep things from going to far. What's Christmas without a little "Die Hard" type shenanigans?
Profile Image for Kerry.
40 reviews2 followers
December 11, 2019
Fantastic holiday read. Love these characters so much. Can't wait to hear more about Fraya and Lark!
Profile Image for Sarah Dale.
2,658 reviews66 followers
December 16, 2019
Oh WOW! Nikki has knocked it out the park with this holiday treat from the Royal Conquest Saga!! With this novella she has you hooked from beginning to end with this short tale filled with love, betrayal, and adventure.

Nikki has done an amazing job building this world, it all feels so real as your reading, enhancing your enjoyment and love of the characters. I cant wait to see what she brings us next with the Royal Conquest Heirs

ARC received in exchange for an honest review from the author

178 reviews1 follower
December 14, 2019
Enjoyable

A great Christmas read, I just love these characters and the never ending situations they find themselves in. Thanks Nikki for this fun festive book.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 33 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.