Start by marking “So Close (Tierney Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
So Close (Tierney Bay, #1)

So Close (Tierney Bay, #1)

The inn is her life. He needs to tear it down.

Auburn Campbell loves Beachcrest Inn. Working there saved her sanity as a teenager and got her back on her feet after a controlling relationship. So when Trey Xavier shows up, threatening to demolish Beachcrest, she’s ready to fight. Nothing riles her up like a hot guy in an expensive suit on a power trip—in the worst and best
Published January 23rd 2020 by Jelsba Media Group

To ask other readers questions about So Close, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Close

Start your review of So Close (Tierney Bay, #1)
Maria Rose
Serena Bell is one of my auto-read contemporary romance authors so I’m always excited to see a new release by her, especially if it’s the start of a brand new series. But there’s a little surprise for her regular readers because she’s set the series, Tierney Bay, in a familiar location. In 2015, she published Turn Up the Heat, a title that at this time is no longer available (but I hope may be self-published soon?) which made my best of that year list for its sexually intense romance between an ...more
Irene
4 stars

So Close by Serena Bell is a well written, entertaining enemies to lovers read and I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the storyline, it held my interest from start to end, I enjoyed getting to know all the characters and I enjoyed watching the slow burn romance develop between Trey and Auburn.

Overall, So Close is a lovely start to the Tierney Bay series, looking forward to reading more in the near future.

Now Live!
htt
UltraMeital
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I'm not sure how to review this book. I liked many elements in it, especially the feel of Tierney Bay and how magical it felt not just for the people living but also to the people visiting again and again, and yet I had a hard time connecting with our MCs, mainly Trey. I guess he "redeemed himself", his actions weren't actually due to "bad character" but to a situation that he found himself in and needed to fix, and not just for his sake. As his reasoning were explained to Auburn, I cou
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
In this new Tierney Bay series from Serena Bell, Auburn Campbell wants to save the Beachcrest Inn, a place that means a whole lot to her. Standing in her way is Trey Xavier, a guy from the city who is threatening to take down the Inn for a major land development deal. But Auburn needs to convince Trey that tearing down the Beachcrest Inn isn't the way to go.

Both characters have some past histories that color their world and they'll need to get through those feelings. It's a frenemies to lovers
Lynn
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
4* Frenemy Stars

This was my first read by Serena Bell and I so enjoyed the story of Auburn and Trey. It is a slow burn enemy to lover’s romance set in a beautiful small community called Beachcrest. The chemistry between the two of them was palpable. The authors writing is engaging and her characters likeable and interesting. I am looking forward to reading the next story in the Tierney Bay Series.

Many thanks to the author for my ARC to read and review.
Fedora
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four and a half stars.

Serena Bell’s So Close is the first in the new Tierney Bay series, and is about Auburn Campbell and Trey Xavier. She’s managed the Beachcrest Inn in Tierney Bay for several years, and loved it for much longer. Carl, the current owner, would love for her to be the next owner. But his grandson, one Trey Xavier, needs the property to be sold.

Auburn convinces Trey to give her a week to change his mind. Naturally that week gives them the chance to see how all those antagonistic
Rochelle
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First book in the new Tierney Bay series and it was a great start. Loved this enemies to lovers’ romance. Auburn and Trey were so good together. It was so much fun watching them move from enemies to something so real and fulfilling. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Rita
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was the perfect book for a cold winter night. I love the setting a small community called Beachcrest during the summer, and each character in this book was spot on. Trey and Auburn first meet at a bar when he proposition her and she cuts him down. Only to later to discover he is part owner of the inn she loves and works for. When she makes a deal with Trey to just spend time at the Inn and discover why he needs to keep the way it is instead of selling, she
As always, Serena Bell’s newest romance has plenty of heart, plenty of steaminess, and strong MCs who know what they want and are willing to go after it. After almost losing her identity to a controlling boyfriend, Auburn is back at the Oregon seaside inn that was her employer and second home throughout HS and college, trying to get her life back on track and reclaim her dreams. She’s always dreamed of eventually buying the inn from her surrogate dad once he retires but after he suffers a heart ...more
Becky
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 2/21/2020.

A solid start to what looks to be a great series--yay!

I really enjoyed Auburn and Trey's story. I liked the deal that Auburn made with him to give the inn and her custom-made schedule a week (even though he had no intention of changing his mind about the sale--grrrrrr) and how many cute and sweet (not to mention occasionally sexy) moments that came from it.

Actually, there were a lot of sexy moments in this one, come to think of it. Not that I'm
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After a bad break-up Auburn Campbell packed her things and left New York feeling it was time to return home and be close to family while she healed her broken heart. She also had a dream she hoped to realize while she was there too. She has always wanted to take over the Beachcrest from her boss and mentor Carl, he's nearing retirement and she wants to ensure his life's work goes on, and also keep him in his home.

But there is a rich, and very gorgeous, businessman named Trey Xavier standing in h
Becky Baldridge
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Close combines some of my favorite romance tropes. It has the feel of a small-town romance, and we also get some enemies to lovers fun with Auburn and Trey going toe to toe over the Beachcrest Inn. Plus, it's kinda-sorta a second chance romance. Not in the traditional sense because these two haven't been a couple before, but they've both been burned by love and neither is really willing to try again, and they both deserve a second chance at love. There is an ex-wife, but thankfully, that's no ...more
Juli
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book (given by the author)...

This is a very enjoyable enemies to lovers romance.

I loved all the characters in the book and the entire Beachcrest community. I did love our main couple, Trey and Auburn even if they make me want to shake them at times. Trey and Auburn don’t meet on the best of circumstances but when a deal is struck between about the beloved Beachcrest Inn, things between start to change for the better.

Unfortunately, things aren’t as simple as
Andrea
I feel like I just finished watching a Hallmark movie when I finished this book. I say this is the best way possible because I loved this book. I loved the story line. I loved the characters. I loved the chemistry. I loved the friendships and family love. It was all around slow burn romance. The amount of angst and slow burn was fantastic. I absolutely loved the sexy moments that happened in this book. Serena Bell knows how to keep you coming back for more. The entire thing was fantastic. I had ...more
Alexa Rowan
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written and deeply emotional romance. I loved how close the main characters were to their families. Trey’s arc, where he grew to be more “himself” and was able to let go of things that had long burdened him, was particularly lovely. Auburn was warm and nurturing, but also fiercely insistent on her independence. Slow burn was gorgeous. And, lord, the food descriptions—I want a Beachcrest Inn cookbook! Oh, and bonus points for the tabletop-gaming romance authors 🥰. Loved everything a ...more
Beth McLeod
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brand new series by one of my faves. I really loved her last series, which was about servicemen returning home and the lives they created. This one promises to be good, too. I love a series about siblings.
Sierra Hill
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Serena Bell writes small town romance like no other. So Close is a romance full of chemistry, heart and hope. Looking forward to more Tierney Bay stories to come.
El
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Ellen
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series! Loved Trey and Auburn as well as their families. Can't wait for the next story!
Downward dog
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, rich-guy, small-town
Serena Bell writes a heartwarming small town story. The characters are realistic and have lots of chemistry. This is the first book in a new series and I can’t wait to read more.
Val
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book!! Loved the push and pull relationship. Perfect slow burn!
Maureen Ames
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Close is the first book in Serena Bell's new Tierney Bay Series. Auburn is a hard working hotel manager. Trey a self made businessman home to take care of family business and make a major business deal. The attraction between Trey and Auburn is strong from the first time they meet. Even with all the attraction, each on still wants to not want to the other. The well written characters, that compliment each other perfectly, makes So Close a very enjoyable and easy read.
Onnica
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Main characters: Auburn Campbell, guest house owner if she can raise the funds to buy her beloved Beachcrest; Trey Xavier, would-be billionaire, if not for an unwise investment. He has plans for Beachcrest, and they don’t include Auburn…

Why you should read it: How I loved this book! The feel of it – it was a small, beach resort, whose pace of life is that much slower than the big city. A place where people can find peace and gain a little perspective on life. Who wouldn’t want that?! Auburn was
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this. Still need to think on the review before I write it.
A good sign is, though, that it took me less than 24 hours from start to finish.

I think I want to live in Beachcrest.

My review:
Yas!!! Serena Bell’s new series is going to be awesome.

I’m not sure whether or not Tierney Bay is a real place or not (guessing it’s not) but whichever beach town it’s based on – I want to live there.

Auburn is a great character, picking up her life after a horrible relationship that almost ruin
Heather
rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2020
Sherry Sias
Dec 10, 2019

• Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Temporary Wife Temptation (The Heirs of Hansol, #1)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands #4)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library, #6)
  • A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • Regretting You
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger #2)
  • Wild Side (Wilder Irish #9)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Rafe (Arizona Vengeance #6.5)
  • Old Fashioned (Becker Brothers, #4)
  • Mermaid Inn
  • The Dare (Briar U, #4)
USA Today bestselling author Serena Bell writes contemporary romance with heat, heart, and humor. A former journalist, Serena has always believed that everyone has an amazing story to tell if you listen carefully, and you can often find her scribbling in her tiny garret office, mainlining chocolate and bringing to life the tales in her head.

Serena’s books have earned many honors, including an RT