Start by marking “Faking It in the Kitchen: A bully boss romantic comedy” as Want to Read:
Faking It in the Kitchen: A bully boss romantic comedy

Faking It in the Kitchen: A bully boss romantic comedy

She’s an accidental chef. He’s her hot-headed A**hole boss. Will they discover the recipe for love or are they heading for disaster?

Unemployed actress, Hannah Brooks, is applying for a waitressing job when her luck changes. Mistaken for a chef, she's offered a position at twice the pay, but there's a slight problem. She can't cook, but she can act.

Tom Hadleigh is
Published November 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Faking It in the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faking It in the Kitchen

Start your review of Faking It in the Kitchen: A bully boss romantic comedy
Ellen
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love this author! I am always excited for new books to come out! I was lucky enough to "preview" this book, and let me tell you, no disappointment here. There is comedy and intensity and mystery and all the elements of a great story. Hannah and Tom go back and forth, and just when you think it's all settled, some unknown sinister element throws a wrench in to mix it all up again. In the meantime, Hannah is trying to figure out how to cook, and Tom is trying to figure out how to save his ...more
Manda Kelley
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and I really loved it. I enjoyed the chemistry between Hannah and Tom and the way they meet. Lots of great drama and very good story.
Hannah is a great character who adds a lot of heart to the story. She builds a great relationship with the other characters and I enjoyed falling into their dynamic. Tom is definitely a difficult character but not without his charms as well. Really great book and I look forward to reading more by this author soon.
Lynn Worton
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Faking It in the Kitchen is a fun romantic comedy. I really enjoyed it.

Hannah Brookes is an unemployed actress looking to make it big on the West End in London, England. I liked this character a lot. She has a sunny personality and is optimistic (maybe too much at times) and desperate for work. When she hears of a potential job as a waitress at Hadleigh's, a prestigious restaurant, she heads to the interview and meets Tom Hadleigh, the boss. What she didn't expect was to be hired as a chef. And
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has "A bully boss romantic comedy," and yes, absolutely was it hilarious, but there so much more involved as well. Emily James did an amazing job meshing everything I love about books together in Tom & Hannah's story, and frankly, I couldn't get enough. Hannah is just trying to get a job as a waitress since her dream career isn't really happening, and she likes to eat. Somehow, she ends up being the chef, with one huge issue, she can't cook. So off on a crazy journey we go. A lie ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a humorous romantic comedy that was really freaking far fetched that it didn't feel 'real', but that did not mean that it was not fun to read and get caught up in. I was laughing my butt off during most of the book, then in other parts I was like 'holy smokes that was super HOT!' and then other ones I want to knock some freaking sense into the characters!

All in all this is an enemies to lovers romance that is funny and sweet and is a very entertaining read. If you don't mind books that
Cee Cee Houston
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s hot in there!!

Faking It in the Kitchen is my first book by Emily James and I’m glad I gave her a chance as I really enjoyed it. The sexy banter and the chemistry between Hannah was spot on and fun to read. Their ‘meet cute’ was anything but, still, it had me laughing as well as squirming with imagined embarrassment for Hannah.
Hannah is a great character with a big heart, she brings a ton of it to the story while Tom, being a chef, is more driven and dynamic. But, he’s more Jamie Oliver,
Tesh
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! A true romance but which starts with a lie, carries on with fraud and impersonations, lots of drama, a who done it mystery and steamy situations included. Such a fabulous book and I just loved the characters. Tom and Hannah had so much sass, anger and heat in their relationship and relations. Their chemistry was almost burning the word s off the page so to speak. The other additional characters like Jack and Nigel helped to add more life to the story. I really have to give ...more
Messy Bun Book Blog
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Emily book but it definitely won't be the last! I loved watching Hannah hide her inabilities in the kitchen! And I loved watching her & Tom try to get along while fighting their chemistry. There was the added bonus of some mystery & suspense!
If you're looking for an enemies to lovers rom-com that will have you laughing and swooning this is the one for you!!
Michelle
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There was not enough time in the day to read this book. I LOVED it. So funny. So real. I especially enjoyed the banter between the charaters and the strong personality Hannah has while being totally soft and girlie. Brilliantly written making me laugh out loud and even shed a tear ot two. Absolutely great!
Gina
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emily hit another home run! A must read with everything that has you reading from beginning to end in one day. Hilarious, romantic, and suspenseful. You will be glad you read it.
Donna Foster
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sounded really good.

It was excellent! The characters the dialogue,there was nothing I didn't like. Hannah was just a sweetheart. Tom was adorable and sexy and he was a chef!
Ashley Salinas
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ll round up to 5

This was a great story. I loved the meet cute. So perfectly accidental and foreshadowing. I’m not sure if her shenanigan would work but it was plausible with all of her side kicks. I’m so glad the conflict had nothing to do with his interview video. Looking forward to the next one by Ms James.
Elena
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: insta-love, light-fun
It was a light, fun read by a "new to me" author. Recently, I've been quitting books around the 75% point. I didn't feel the need to squirrel with this one. I loved the fun, free spirited nature of the heroine. The story concept was too far fetched since I watch way too many cooking shows and know you can't fake it as a chef. But alas, it's just a story. I'll definitely check out the other books!
Ann
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read.

A fast, good read. Lots of back and forth dialogue between the two main characters. I was glad to see Hannah’s character standing up to Tom instead of being written as weak and whiney.
Romi || Romi Reads
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, review-copies
Hannah's trying to make it as an actress, but has to make do with less appealing jobs in the meantime. When she applies for a job as a waitress, she accidentally ends up becoming a chef in the kitchen of Tom's restaurant. Hannah's able to fake it, but the only thing is: she can't cook. She let her microwave explode only recently. Tom's a hothead, but they both can't help the passion that they feel for each other.

Once again, an Emily James romance I adored. The humor was on point again and
BB
Nov 28, 2019
Khothy
rated it it was ok
Sandy Hester
Pita
rated it did not like it
Mallory
Danielle
Nov 29, 2019
Erica Snay
Dec 04, 2019
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Michele
Tina Buckler
Neepa Shah-Chittur
Courtney Kinder
Nov 27, 2019

• The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Pregnancy Scandal (Bad Boy Bachelors of Orange County, #2)
  • One Last Time? (Bad Boy Bachelors of Orange County, #1)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Dirty Letters
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • Stealing the Bride
  • A Pizza My Heart (Slice #1)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Neighbors Like That (A Love Like This, #1)
  • Chasing Mr. Wrong
  • The Way With You
  • A Wedded Arrangement (Convenient Marriages, #3)
  • I Dare You