Start by marking “Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2” as Want to Read:
Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2

Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2

When a former ugly duckling and the former class heart-throb come together as adults, they find out they have more in common than they realized.
Glenda Shaw knows firsthand what it’s like to be an ugly duckling, and now, she is roped into helping to organize her tenth-year class reunion. The speaker this year is none other than Hunter Teegs, the object of her dreams since
Published November 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2

Start your review of Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2
Heather W
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish #2 is an entertaining read.

This story has characters that are well developed and have terrific chemistry together. The storyline is well written and enjoyable, with humour, friendships, pups, and a sweet holiday romance.

I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Jamie Jack
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, contemporary
Better the Second Time Around

I read the first Secret Admirer’s Christmas Wish but wasn't that wild about it. But I always give authors a few chances before I decide whether or not to continue to read them. In this author's case, I am glad I checked out a second book. I found this to be a sweet, heartwarming tale that centers on, of all things, a high school reunion. The romantic couple T the heart of the story meet again as adults as they prepare for their class reunion. In the past, she had bee
Reads A-Lot
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Past: Glenda harbored a secret crush. She was never bothered by her lack of good looks, but still she wanted Hunter to notice her. I could definitely relate to being the tall geek in the class. She was “Geeky Glenda.”

Present: Hunter’s soured by the holidays because it was the exact time when his adopted parents died. The last thing he wanted to do was plan a high school reunion during this time. Perhaps this Glenda person could help? Glenda couldn’t believe she was hearing from Hunter and was su
Tina Layner
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book follows the secret admirer 1
Glenda Shaw started out a an ugly duckling in high school. She got picked on and bullied all through school. When she got older and grew into her body, no one recognized her.
Hunter Teegs was the football/ heart breaker in high school. He was adopted when he was 14 years old by an older wealth couple. He never wanted for anything. Now as an adult, he was rich but not happy.
Move along ten years, their high school reunion was due. Hunter was appointed to put
Kristi
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunter was the popular one in high school and is now a financial wizard, a player and the speaker for their 10 year reunion. Glenda was shy and nerdy in high school and in her eyes she was the ugly duckling of their class, and she had a crush on Hunter. She's now a beautiful swan and has been asked to help plan their 10 year class reunion, with Hunter and Hunter has definitely taken notice of her beauty.

A great story with wonderful characters and an engaging story line that flows smoothly. A per
KL Cassanello
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunter is a financial wizard, rich, charismatic, a player. He's also heading the 10-year class reunion. Glenda was the shy and nerdy girl in school, really smart but not quite fitting in, and she had a huge crush on Hunter. She's a social worker now, and Hunter roped her into helping him plan the reunion. Jonathan and Cheryl from the first book make several appearances. Glenda's dog is in love with their dog. This is a nice book, very sweet and not too long. The characters work well together, an ...more
Fleur
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
It's time for the tenth-year class reunion and Glenda is happy to just ignore it but one call changes that and she finally get to hang out with her life long crush Hunter. Things have changed but also stayed the same in 10 years since Glenda the quiet and shy girl from school saw Hunter the popular yet nice guy and we get to see what happened between then and now as well as have some great laughs, awkward moments, fun friends, an attraction that needs a wee nudge and 2 dogs that you will fall in ...more
Ramona
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another delightful read in this series. The story about Glenda and Hunter was engaging to read and review. I loved the plot of the ugly duckling during high school, Glenda who grew up into a beautiful swan and Hunter the popular guy who made a success of himself who is chosen as the reunion speaker. The chemistry between them along with the drama, the pets, and written around the Christmas season kept me entertained to the end. The Secret Admirer's Christmas Wish 2 was just as endearing as the f ...more
Cheryl Svec
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of the story to remind us that angles come in all sizes. Once again the sweet but demanding puppy with the help of a Blue Great Dane, brings together two people whose past crossed only briefly.

Hunter, who was adopted at 14, grew up not know his real parents and feeling he didn't belong. Once grown up he reconnected with a class mate who helped he feel loved and his birth mother to help him understand who he is.

And yes we see what is going on the Jonathan and Cheryl.

I recei
Marichus Real
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hunter and Glenda are organizing the tenth-year class reunion and as they spend time together, they get to know each other.
Hunter is a good man who is damaged by her mum abandoned him as a little baby and all the years he spent in the system. Glenda is damaged too by how she was treated while in high school.
Little Bianca and Shaq put the sparks of humour in the story. I loved the end of the book although it feels a little rushed.
SEng
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Glenda and Hunter. She is the ugly duckling in high school who is now the beautiful swan. It’s time for her ten year high school reunion and she gets roped into helping with it. Now she gets to work with Hunter, who is running it and her biggest crush sophomore year. Hunter is shocked by her beauty and the sparks are ignited. I enjoyed this charming romance. I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lynn Stifle
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweetly written page turner! It's the tenth year high school reunion and Glenda is happy to ignore it and have it all go away. Then she finds out she will get to hang out with Hunter, her long time crush. She's changed from the unattractive, shy person she was in school and Hunter is shocked. Such a wonderful story, with great characters and perfect read for the holidays.

Elvira
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good read just my style of reading material. The characters are well developed and engaging and the storyline flowed smoothly from beginning to the end. This author continues to bring awesome books for us to enjoy.

Lori
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
The overall story was okay but the ages of his adoptive parents and his birth mother were very confusing unless the author's idea of elderly and mine are completely different. The main characters were having a 10 year high school reunion - so that makes them 28. His birth mother had him at 16, so she's 44 - is that elderly? ...more
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Dariel Raye; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Urszula
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like the plot. A school reunion and rediscovering of the school crush. Complex emotions and relationships among characters. Not easy pasts and present situation. Well written and composed book. Well created characters with good background.

Anonymous 5
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very sweet and entertaining story. The characters were lovable and the storyline about the once ugly duckling turned swan and successful popular guy was both engaging and endearing. I haven't read the first book in the series, but it is on my To Read list for sure!

romancejunkie
A sweet holiday romance with a great hero and a sweet heroine that touched my heart and made me smile. I loved this book!
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
Katara Johnson
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking for a sweet holiday romance with some furry friends? Then this is the book! Loved the twists that the author takes the reader on!
Tayra Sanders
Mar 01, 2020
Brianna E
Dec 12, 2020
Dariel Raye
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
CallaLily Hill
Consuela Taylor
Jan 06, 2021
N.D.
Nov 22, 2019

• The Rancher’s Inherited Family (McCall Ranch Brothers #1)
  • The Cowboy’s Rescue (McCall Ranch Brothers, #2)
  • Pain (Alien Breed #4)
  • My Protector Bears (Box Set)
  • The Cowboy’s Pregnant Sweetheart (McCall Ranch Brothers #3)
  • Knocked Up by the Movie Star
  • Mr. December (Calendar Boys, #12)
  • The SEAL's Unexpected Triplets
  • Love at First Date (Better Date than Never, #1)
  • Seducing Summer (The Four Seasons, #1)
  • Stolen
  • Undeniable
  • Babes and Billionaires: Free Romance Box Set
  • Entrance (Thornhill Trilogy, #1)
  • Enlighten (Thornhill Trilogy, #2)
  • The Enchanted: Council of Seven Shifter Romance Collection
  • Mine
  • The Witch Who Will Be Queen: A Paranormal Romance (The Royal Bloodlines Book 1)
An author, musician, counseling psychologist, and animal rights activist, Dariel writes interracial/multicultural paranormal romance and dark urban fantasy featuring shifters, Nephilim, angels, and reluctant demons, all filled with action, alpha heroes, and strong heroines. As a child, she could always be found curled up with her dogs, cats, and a good book, even if the book was a dictionary or en ...more

News & Interviews