Start by marking “Queen Move” as Want to Read:
Queen Move

Queen Move

(All the King's Men #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  4,858 ratings  ·  1,064 reviews
The boy who always felt like mine is now the man I can't have…

Dig a little and you'll find photos of me in the bathtub with Ezra Stern.
Get your mind out of the gutter. We were six months old.
Pry and one of us might confess we saved our first kiss for each other.
The most clumsy, wet, sloppy . . . spectacular thirty seconds of my adolescence.
Get into our business and yo
Published May 26th 2020 by Blue Box Press

To ask other readers questions about Queen Move, please sign up.

·  4,858 ratings  ·  1,064 reviews

Start your review of Queen Move
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Kennedy Ryan has the uncanny ability to sweep me up into every story she writes. Her characters are always masterfully created and jump off the page. I can’t help but be drawn to the complexities of their character and back stories. The characters are vivid and so real. This latest release is no different! Kimba and Ezra are magical!!

Queen Move brought to mind so many wonderful feelings and emotions. I had so much fun reading this book. The first twenty percent was such a treat. Watching these
Christy
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-five-stars
5 stars

photo 7DBB243E-48D6-4C16-9422-2BC8FCD9E31A_zpsbiv8t5st.png
You don’t blame magnets for being drawn to each other. But if they’re far enough apart, they can’t stick. For the last two decades, Ezra and I were far enough apart not to stick, but now…

Kennedy Ryan blows me away with her writing every time. Every. Single. Time. With every book she writes, she solidifies just how talented she is. You can feel the heart and the passion in every single book, every chapter, every word. Queen Move was one of the best friends to lovers romance
Talia Hibbert
Most of you already know that I love Kennedy Ryan's books, and also love Kennedy Ryan in general. She is all-round fantastic, as a writer and a person. This is known!!!

BUT. I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn't take some time to lose my crap specifically about her next release. Queen Move honestly blew... my... mind.

As in, my mother is now sick of me interrupting her mid-conversation to say things like, "But seriously, how does Kennedy do the thing with the symbols and the physical
mel ☽
2.75 stars ✧

oof this was painful.

i have a love/hate relationship with second chance romance mainly because they have tropes i absolutely hate where H is content with his life without the h, while h suffers and pines over H ← that's usually the case 99.9% of the time. but also, i like torturing myself and making myself suffer through the pain and angst. why do i keep doing this to myself you ask?
description

well... i don't know. when someone tells me to do something, i do the opposite. it is what it iss.
Rea
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The thing I’ve discovered about any Kennedy Ryan book? They make you FEEL. And I mean FEEEEEEL. Not just in the feels, not just ALL the feels. The words, the breaths, the ticks, the swishes and hair tucks. You are so immersed in the story you can physically feel the story.

I read a lot and I read everywhere. But Kennedy’s books need to find me in solitude and peacefulness, because my brain and heart will have to work as one to survive a Kennedy Ryan book. And Queen Move?
Man. Queen Move. Every m
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
This trainwreck I’ve just borne witness to is complicated and cruel and sad.

Our main leads are both admirable individuals, and their romance is passionate and enduring. But the circumstances around which they start their relationship is messy.

I don’t blame Ezra (view spoiler). And salute to Kimba the Lioness who’s got a heart
Malene
Queen Move is an epic childhood friends to lovers romance that spans decades. Kennedy Ryan is a master storyteller and an expert in grand stories that spans years. With Queen Move I got everything I could ever ask for. Multi layered characters and a strong well developed storyline with relatable and very relevant subject matters. Ryan doesn’t shy away and tackles them head on and flawlessly intertwine these with Kimba and Ezra’s story.

Queen Move or should I say Kimba’s move. This is Kimba’s boo
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Was it ever a question that I would love this book? It’s childhood friends to lovers. Second chance romance. The perfect combo!! Kimba and Ezra are now one of my favorite couples of 2020. I loved Kimba since she first appeared in the ATKM duet, and Ezra was THE perfect man for her. Queen Move is ridiculously romantic and swoony. It’s made me remember just why I love second chance romances so much. Kennedy Ryan has blown me away once again and I’m already itching to read another book from her!
Jx PinkLady Reviews ♡ bookwormthoughts
♛ Queen Move is LIVE! ♛

🎀 '𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐄,' by Kennedy Ryan
𝐷𝐸𝑆𝐸𝑅𝑉𝐸𝑆 𝐴𝐿𝐿 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑅𝑆 🎀

Queen Move is a gorgeous second chance love story with heart, soul, and power all encased in a beautifully flowing, hypnotic romance that totally captured my heart. The story unfolds layers of carefully crafted lyrical words with substance and a swoon worthy story arc that breathes life into characters to admire and love.

Kennedy Ryan is adept at producing strong, empowered heroines with grit, fight, strength, power,
EmBibliophile
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 stars

Second chance romance is my least favorite trope, maybe because of my kinda cold heart, because I just don’t believe in that, or because they rarely tend to convince me. However, I realized that I love it when a second chance romance is not about a past mistake that needs a second chance to be corrected, those just never work for me. I love it when it’s more like a second chance of what we could have been, what didn’t get a first chance to turn into something more. This is the second cha
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books

Firstly, let me tell you one thing, Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan is the sort of novel you just can't stop talking about and want everyone you know to read… EVERYONE.

I gobbled it down... KR has an incredible intellectual nimbleness. Thanks to her attention to details and knowledge of the topics tackled, KR challenges us constantly and poses the question that lies within today’s society.
The ups and downs in the lives of Ezra and Kimba had me gripped from start to finish.

I was a mess at the prologue
Kennedy Ryan
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

♛ 𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞 ♛
"𝙄’𝙢 𝙖 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙩𝙝𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝."

Queen Move is Coming May 26! It will NOT be in Kindle Unlimited, but will be available on all retailers.

✦Single Dad
✦Childhood Besties
✦Reunion romance
✦Swoons & Feels
✦Girl power turned allll the way up

➜ 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 ➜ https://bit.ly/35U65FL

➜ 𝗣𝗿𝗲-𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗽𝘆 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆:

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2XeOIf8
B&N: https://bit.ly/2STK8l2
iBooks: https://apple.co/2JGiqD7
Kobo: https://bit.ly/3fDK6ri
Google Play: https://bit.ly/3fF1Dze
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“It hasn’t been years. There has only been one long day for us on which the sun has never set. We were never lost, and this place has always been waiting for our wandering hearts, for our prodigal souls to finally, together rest.”

There’s nothing like a great romance novel to cancel out the incessant noise inside and outside of our heads these days, but as it is always the case with Kennedy Ryan’s offerings, a romance is never just a romance, and her every word is imbued with a breath
Berry ♡ Nice
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
☆ • ☆ • ☆ • ☆ • ☆

~•~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~
They were childhood friends. Seeing them as kids was the sweetest thing ever.
As they grew older I could feel their friendship become a deeper bond which was beautiful. They loved each other before they even knew the true meaning. Young innocent love. Because love is simply felt without explanations.

There's just no denying the connection between these two. The respect, admiration and love they have for each other.
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5+ PACT CROWNS

Kennedy Ryan is a wordsmith in every sense of the word. Her prose is so vibrant and eloquently written, that I become absorbed into the story and feel swept away not only in the romance of the couple but in the social aspects of each book.

From the minute readers meet Ezra and Kimba, they will fall in love. Their friendship and the innocence of the beginning of their young love is so tangible, you’ll feel it with them. You’ll see genuine love and c
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angsty, arc, deep
5 “A Pact Meant To Be” Stars

Leave it to Kennedy Ryan to WOW me again with her magical, thought provoking, socially relevant, exquisitely written words. She writes a passionate story that penetrates the soul of how love can be lost and found again. The diversity and inclusivity within the story is also applauding and refreshing. The love story of Kimba and Ezra is one for the ages and not to be missed by anyone.

This kiss flies into the sun, melting my iron will and burning my reservations to a
Phuong ✯

The plot was such a mess. I'm so sad that I didn't like this as much as I thought I would. Kennedy Ryan is an exceptional writer, but Queen Move must be my least favorite of all of her books.

Big moves make big waves. Do big things. Make big waves.

What I really appreciate about Kennedy Ryan is that she does not shy away from hard topics. She always puts a lot research in the topics she wants to discuss and that's awesome. I'm so thankful for authors like her who also include so m
Elizabeth
May 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nope-nope-nope
The Book Bee
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"I don't think it will be easy. I just know it will be worth it."

I read the All The Kings Men Duet earlier this year and really enjoyed it, so when Kennedy Ryan announced that she would be giving Kimba her own story, I about passed out from excitement! Kimba was a force to be reckoned with in that duet, so I just knew Ryan was going to give an emotional and empowered read that was going to leave me breathless. Ezra was THE BEST and Kimba shined. Together they had a love worth
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Big moves make big waves' Stars!
ARC provided via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

I bow to Queen Kennedy Ryan! She has done it. Again. Her very own queen move! A moving love story developing from childhood to adulthood that was absolutely EPIC from beginning to end. I had no doubts Kennedy would give Kimba her much deserved love story in a very special way and she did not disappoint. I was completely engaged to the narrative and the way she developed Kimba and Ezra’s rela
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms.Ryan never disappoints me. 🙏🙏🙏Once again she took my breath away with this story... It was so beautiful! ❤

FTCL

*ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR.🤗

Jessica
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I pick up a new Kennedy Ryan book, I know that I am going to love it and I know that I am going to be hit with some intense emotion. I love the All the King's Men duet and could not wait to read Kimba's story in this standalone romance!

From the start, I loved how Kennedy Ryan built up this story. We get a couple of scenes in the past to understand Kimba and Ezra's relationship and how their souls were just connected when they were growing up. They were torn apart when they were 13 an
Antonella
yeeeees queen Kimba...

trust Kennedy to write a realistic & messy love story!!
trust Kennedy to give a strong woman like Kimba a gentle giant like Ezra!!

and trust me when I say that this author writes the best relevant romance books!!

Sentranced Jem
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2020
So much could be said about the books Kennedy Ryan writes… Powerful, confident, vulnerable, beautiful, kind, hot, sizzling…the list is endless.

Over the years, I have not once been disappointed by the books written by Kennedy Ryan. Complimenting just one book from the list of masterpieces she has written feels like I’m not doing enough justice. From Hot Shot (hands down my FAVOURITE book by KR) to All The King’s Men duet (Another favourite), I could talk on and on about them all.

Queen Move is bea
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula

There really aren't any better words to describe reading a Kennedy Ryan story other than a Breathtaking Experience .  Her words are absolutely incredible and take you on a journey from beginning to end where you do nothing but feel thr impact of her passion and intensity deep inside. Kimba and Ezra were nothing short of amazing. Their chemistry was fire but their emotional connection was on another level. I loved this story so much!

I have gotten attached to Kimba Allen through Ryan's All the Ki
Korrie’s Korner
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Give me a childhood best friends to lovers trope anyday! That is definitely my catnip of choice. This story was beyond special, and so uniquely Kennedy. When it mentioned that Ezra was 1/2 black & 1/2 Jewish, I was all in! This is what I love about KR’s books. They’re so rich in diversity and complexity of characters that it keeps me locked in.

I was immediately drawn to Kimba in the KingsMaker duet that came out last year. She was a secondary character, and very powerful bestie of Lennix, who i
Villains Do It Better
Nov 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
K.  Ramjohn
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Queen Move, the latest novel from Kennedy Ryan is another page turner that will have you hooked until the end. This best friends to lovers/second chance romance was well-written, with strong, developed characters, and included relevant topics that needs to be spoken about.
This is a story about a woman who stepped out of the shadow of her family's name and made a name of herself on her own terms. You will love Kimba. Her strength, fierce determination and intelligence will draw you in and impres
Myla
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing

"𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮, 𝙏𝙧𝙪. 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩."
We met Kimba Allen in All The King's Men Duet, right then and there I already like her and this is her story. Kimba Allen is a successful political analyst. She's stunning, smart and emotionally she's strong but not afraid to show her vulnerability at times.

Ezra Stern is one gorgeous hunk of a man. He's a single dad, passionate, responsible, and swoon-worthy. A character that you'll fall in love immediately.

Ezra and Kimba h
Lauren Luman
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With Kennedy’s writing, it's about the little details that lead to big love, and Queen Move is no exception.

Kimba Allen is royalty in the political world. She is a force to be reckoned with and doesn't let anything distract her, but when she reconnects with her childhood best friend, Ezra Stern, memories of a childhood wedding in a backyard flood back. Feelings that have been long closeted.

When we met her in the All the King's Men Duet, you initially get a sense that only an alpha male with as
Turning Pages At ...: Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan 96 36 May 30, 2020 04:29PM

• Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Australia
  • Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love
  • Easy to Fall (Hard to Love #4)
  • Ashes (Web of Desire, #3)
  • Flame (Web of Desire, #2)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Royal Bully (Mafia Royals, #0.5)
  • Kiss Me Slow
  • Us After You
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #1)
  • Catch Twenty-Two (Westover Prep, #2)
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Falling North (Save Me #2)
  • Lucky Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • We Are Us

AMAZON:

FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/KennedyRyanAuthor/

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/kennedyryan1/

KENNEDY RYAN BOOKS - https://www.facebook.com/groups/68160...

I write contemporary romance and women's fiction. I always give my characters their happily ever after, but I love to make them work for it! It's a long road t

All the King's Men (3 books)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men #2)

Articles featuring this book

As Talia Hibbert approached the summer before her last year of college, her health was waning. Gearing up to enter the working world, she knew...
“You save all your tears for the things that set you on fire inside.” 3 likes
“He’s looking at me like I’m the sunrise and he’s grateful for a brand new day.” 2 likes