Start by marking “Hawk (The Boys of Summer, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hawk (The Boys of Summer, #4)

Hawk

(The Boys of Summer #4)

It’s another season of Renegade baseball and, as they say, the boys are back in town. All except for all-star pitcher, Hawk Sinclair, who has returned to his hometown and back to the ranch he grew up on to rehab after shoulder surgery.

Published December 10th 2019

Start your review of Hawk (The Boys of Summer, #4)
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Baseballs

It's been a minute since we visited this baseball team. But Hawk brings us right back in the fold as if we had never left. I sign of good characters in that as soon as I read the names again, I could remember their stories.

This one follows BoRe pitcher Hawk and his road to recovery after surgery. He heads home to his parents ranch, gets caught up int he small town drama and falls head over heels for a woman who has no idea who he is. She just likes him for him. Through in a group
Sandy S
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 10, 2019

Real estate agent, Bellamy Patrick, feels like she’s failing at being a single mom. Her son is having a hard time fitting in and she’s hoping that playing baseball will be the answer. When he doesn’t make the
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Bellamy's son doesn't make the baseball team, she wants to do everything she can to help him. Then a new coach takes over. A gorgeous new coach that Bellamy has no idea is actually a professional. Can Hawk and Bellamy make a connection and maintain it? What about once Hawk's done rehabbing his arm? Does he head back to his real life and leave Bellamy, Chase, and his new life behind?

Heidi's baseball stories are always entertaining, but I think she stepped up a notch with Hawk because I
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Single mom, Bellamy Patrick, needs to find help for her son so he can make the Little League Baseball team. Injured Baseball Pro Hawk Sinclair, comes home licking his wounds and trying to put his head and body back in baseball. When the two connect and the hometown hero tries to fix all that is wrong with the league, not only do sparks fly but futures are changed and priorities are reversed. But what happens when injuries heal and secrets are revealed? With wonderful characters the reader cannot ...more
Karen
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not a five star but really close. I do like the story, characters, and setting very much. It got a little confused at the end but life can become confusing like that....well, maybe not like Hawk's surprised ending...

The HEA epilogue was nice too.

Oh, and required baseball for sports romance was great!!
Books Laid Bare
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The latest in the fantastic “The Boys of Summer” series by Heidi McLaughlin, and as much as I found that it took a while to grab my attention, once it had it, there was no putting the book down.
I will admit that so far, I have loved the fact that each of the books in the series reads well as standalone novels and Hawk is no different, it is perfectly placed in the series but boy oh boy does it stand tall in its own right.
Hawk needs no assistance to show you what he is made of, he can manage
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Hawk is book four in the The Boys of Summer series. It can be read as a standalone. It's told in the dual POV of Bellamy and Hawk. This one started off a bit slow for me and it took a little bit for me to get hooked in.
Hawk is a star pitcher that has suffered and injury. He's back in his hometown to rehab and rest. His whole life is baseball and he's struggling with his injury. He gets talked into coaching youth baseball. Hawk's a good guy. Even though he's really good baseballs player, he not
Lydia
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of drama all for some kids to play baseball. Seriously you would thought this was a mafia romance or something.

2 reasons why book went from maybe 4 stars to 2 stars
- the way the author made Annie (not heroine) to be a bad mother at the end. Why the switch? She was perfectly fine at the beginning and the end end she was abandoning her child and being hateful. I hate when authors don’t keep their characters consistent. I think the author just got lazy and could not come up with any other
Kari Hansen
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hawk is a professional baseball player who is finds himself back in his hometown while he tries to recover from a potential career ending injury. He is realizing that it not always easy to go home again so when he is offered the opportunity to coach the baseball team it seems to be the perfect solution to distract him from the crossroads he finds himself at.

Bellamy is a devoted single mother who would do anything for her son who dreams of playing baseball. The only problem is that he keeps
The Book Lover
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by this author! I fell in love with this book within the first page!
Suniko
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review
First of all, Heidi. . . wow. . . how to do you keep surpassing my already high expectations?

I loved this book. I have read her previous work but this one was definitely in my top 5 favorite.

Hawk is on leave due to an injury. He goes to his hometown for rehabilitation and there he has to face many surprises from family and friends alike. However, his love for baseball will help him find what has been missing in his life.

Back in his hometown, Hawk meets Bellamy. Bell is a mom that will do
Jennifer Pierson
The brilliant Heidi McLaughlin is one of my top go to authors, so just seeing her name has the 5 stars flying, and I've yet to be let down by ANY of her stories to date. Hawk is a star pitcher, who isn't back with his boys when the season starts, as he got an injury which has him on the bench for now. Since he got injured, he's been truly suffering, because baseball is his life, so not having it in his life, even temporarily, is really messing with him. Luckily, he's talked into coaching a ...more
Sharon
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a major league pitcher has to go back home after several years to recover from a recent surgery, he has to face a lot of animosity and surprises from family and friends, but his love of baseball with a little help from a beautiful woman and her son may be what he needs to find what he has been missing in his life.

It’s nothing more than a façade. I’m in so much pain, I want to quit. But I won’t.

Hawk was born to play baseball and when he left his family’s ranch in Richfield, Montana, to
Konny
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And there's another winner. Hawk by Heidi McLaughlin is book four in her The Boys of Summer Series. There are a few cross-overs, but because every book is about another couple, every book can be read as a stand alone. For best reading experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous books are Third Base; Home Run and Grand Slam.
This is Bellamy and Hawk's story.
Bellamy is a single mom of a 7 year old and lives in a small town. She works as real estate agent. Her heart is breaking
Jackie
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Bell is a mom that will do anything to see her son happy. But she won’t do what the creep of little league baseball propositions. The kids are bullies and so are their parents. It’s sad that Chase and some of the kids are kept out of the games they want to play because of spiteful adults. Chase has a father who isn’t a father at all. He’s a poor excuse of a human being for how he treats his son.
I like that Bellamy doesn’t care and she gives her ex attitude and she tells him
Diane plourde
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

WOW!!!! What an amazing 10 star story this was. I might have shed a tear or two. I have read pretty much all of this authors amazing stories but Hawk surpassed my already high expectations.

Hawk is on leave due to an injury. He goes to his home town for rehabilitation and there he meets Bellamy. Bellamy is starting over with her son. She wants him to play baseball but the town is corrupt. Hawk will step in more ways then one.

I devoured this amazing story in a matter of a few short hours. A
Kelly
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Boys of Summer book #4, Hawk, is absolutely fantastic! I absolutely love these characters. Told in dual POV, which I enjoy getting the in depth look of both characters and their emotions. Hawk and Bellamy both have their own challenges holding them back.
Bellamy is a single mother who has a creep of an ex that treats her and their son awful. However Bellamy is able to stand her own ground when dealing with her ex and the people involved in the Little League.
Hawk is a professional baseball
Rebecca
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

One of my top favorite tropes in romance is sports and single parent, so of course I dropped everything when Hawk released. Bellamy is the single mom of baseball loving Chase. She does everything she can for her son, but there are some lines she’s unwilling to cross for the coach of her son’s baseball team. Bring in Hawk, a professional baseball player. Recovering from an injury, Hawk heads back to his hometown, where he’s offered a position coaching Chase’s team. I loved Bellamy and Hawk
Dawn Cunningham Roether
I really enjoyed this book. The pace was great. I feel like the little nuggets of drama kept you turning the pages. Hawk is a Professional baseball pitcher who is injured and returns home to rehab. While home he meets Bellamy a single mom of a 10-yo boy who just wants to play baseball, but due to shady small-town politics he is being black-balled from joining the town’s little league team.

I love the connection between the characters. I love the setting and the overall dynamic and f the book.
Trudy Dowling
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heidi McLaughlin hit it out of the park with Hawk. It hit on some of my favorite genres including sports, small town, single mom and I can't tell the other without spoilers.

Hawk Sinclair has returned home to Montana to rehab a shoulder injury. He has been away too long. Corruption rules the little league. Sinclair Fields that Hawk donated is no longer succeeding at the purpose it was created.

Bellamy has come home after her marriage crumbled. Her son is not put on a little league team again
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
Good lord! Hawk and Bellamy were everything I wanted. I loved every second of this story. Bellamy has to move back home following her divorce. What she didn't bargain for was running into the man she had a crush on.

Bellamy is amazing. She's a fantastic mom to Chase. She loves that boy with all she is. I loved watching her get what she deserves. She's strong, sweet, and exactly what Hawk needed.

Hawk is a great player, but he needs to recoup. He's found a place to do that. There's no place like
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"There is so much going on in Hawks book, and I absolutely loved it.
Hawk was such a great character to read. He was sweet and charming and really just a gentleman. Usually the Heroes in sports romance novels can be cocky and super alpha and I love reading this genre for that reason. But it was such a refreshing change to read someone as fantastic as Hawk.
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
Getting to read another one of Heidi's baseball romances always makes this girl happy. And now that I've been introduced to Bellamy and Hawk, well, I can tell you he's probably one of my top favorite characters.

When an injury forces him to come home, Hawk thought his life was over, until he meets real estate agent Bellamy, and soon comes to find out that maybe Boston isn't where his heart is meant to be.

Bellamy is a single mom whose sole focus is her son. What she doesn't count on, is running
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
A fantastic insta-love story from Heidi McLaughlin. I was pulled in to Hawk and Bellamy's story from the off.

Hawk is a professional Baseball player for the Renegades and when he returns to his hometown to recover from an injury he has no idea he's about to find himself coaching Little League.
Bellamy is a single mum and just wants her son to be happy when she goes looking for help to get her son into a little league team she meets Hawk and their chemistry is off the charts.
As love blossoms
Sharon Jones
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is so much going on in Hawks book, and I absolutely loved it.
Bellamy was an equally wonderful character. The love she has for her son and the people around her was nothing short of beautiful. Put these two
Lori
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love The Boys of Summer! It has baseball and romance; two of my favorite things in the entire world together in one series!
Hawk came home to Montana to nurse an injury. And while home, he discovers his home team little league isn't being run fairly and that there are kids who don't get to play. One such boy is Bellamy's son, who loves the game and just wants to play baseball. Bellamy moved back home to Montana after her cheating ex husband started a new family and didn't want Chase
Sharon
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You will fall in love with Hawk at first sight in this great return to Renegades baseball! 5 baseballs for this one! The Boys of Summer are just what I needed this winter!
Hawk is back in his hometown in Montana to recover from surgery, when he meets Bellamy, a single mom and real estate agent. She has no clue he's the star pitcher, and he loves that! The sparks that fly between these two, you will feel as their stories unfold.
Heidi writes an amazing story with these two characters, don't miss
michelle Shelly
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 love at first sight stars.

Injured Hawk returns to his home town while he’s recouping. When he stumbles upon single Mom Bellamy he’s instantly attracted to her. Their chemistry is scorching and even though he’s sexy as sin, her main attraction to him is how he treats her son.

This is a sweet, fun and heartbreaking story that will have to smiling and desperately pulling for these two. The author has a wonderful way of telling her stories and this read proves how lovely her words can be. I
Lisa
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I love me some boys of summer! This entire series is absolutely amazing so I was so stoked when I heard we would be getting another installment of Renegade baseball. And boy did McLaughlin ever deliver!
I could not put this one down! Hawk grabbed my heart and I was gone for him from the start. This one kept me turning the pages until the very end! I highly recommend you pick this one up. You won't be sorry.
Nancy Metsch
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OUTSTANDING!!!
I just want to start by sating the boys of summer is my favorite Heidi series. And adding Hawk to the line up made me love it more.
** Spoiler free review**
Hawk Sinclair also plays my favorite position for the Renegades he's the pitcher....As I read this book I kept hearing Journeys Don't stop believing repeat over and over. Because this love story is going to knock Heidi's fans off their feet
Heidi's Hangout: Monday giveaway!! Signed copy of the Hawk!! 25 48 Jan 09, 2020 08:52AM

• Power Play (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #2)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Never Enough
  • Something About a Hot Guy
  • One Timer (Nashville Assassins, #17)
  • Unexpected Bond (Unexpected Arrivals #4)
  • The Right Way
  • Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Wonder With Me (With Me In Seattle, #12.5)
  • Fix
  • Best Man
  • Sweet Agony (Angels Halo MC Next Gen Book 2)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Instacrush (Rookie Rebels #2)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Trying to Score (Hot Jocks, #3)
  • Bluebell’s Christmas Magic
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels,

The Boys of Summer (4 books)
  • Third Base (The Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Home Run (The Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Grand Slam (The Boys of Summer, #3)