Start by marking “Traces” as Want to Read:

Traces

When a failed romance and a $500,000 prize lure Kate Carson into participating in the reality TV show, Traces, the least she expects is to pick her partner. After all, she’s the PR spokeswoman of the company that derived a thirteen-lens, rotating camera from military use and installed it atop Atlanta’s tallest skyscraper. But she never would have chosen to evade techno hun ...more
Paperback
Published March 5th 2020 by BLING! Romance, Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas (first published March 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Traces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traces

Start your review of Traces
Becky
Mar 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Reality TV gone rogue. That's Traces in a nutshell! The suspense in this book is spot on—while I never doubted that Alex and Kate would survive their time on the reality TV show Traces, I did question who was trustworthy, and the tension was palpable! Sometimes, romantic suspense falters on the suspense part, but that's certainly not the case here!

I also felt that the romance was believable, and I appreciated that both Alex and Kate doubted the validity of their feelings, thanks to the circumsta
Kailey
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was really good! I really enjoyed the idea of them having to be fugitives on the run for a reality tv show. I also like how she put together two characters that are complete opposites. The two characters really complimented each other. I liked how they learned some personal lessons while on the run. It came across as a message that we could all use at some point. This was a very original story. I look forward to reading more from this author!

I received a complimentary copy from the pub
Kathleen Denly
WHY THIS BOOK:
I chose this book because it sounded different from my usual read but was still within the Christian Romance genre.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
I made the mistake of beginning this book at dinner time, thinking that I would read a little and then go to sleep and continue reading again the next night. Don’t follow in my footsteps! If you want any sleep at all, start much earlier in the day. I could not put this book down! By the climax of the novel, my eyes were burning to the point of tearin
Ochegba
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
The thrill of the chase. A reality show with fugitives on the run, suspense palpable. This was a wonderful and the premise definitely interesting.
I love how both Kate and Alex were from opposite ends of the spectrum but paired together to work somehow they blended and learned to work together although Kate definitelyade some silly mistakes that nearly jeopardized their time on the show it all worked out in the end.
The book was definitely a wonderful couch trip with very descriptive images.
I rec
Emily Yager
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting twist to the typical romantic suspense. A reality TV show were the ‘characters’ pretend to be fugitives on the run. Things go a bit awry. The suspense kept the tension until the end. I loved the Opposites Attract romance the was lively and they complimented each other perfectly. This is a great page turner that touches on themes like fear and trust. A fantastic read.
Julia
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Traces by Denise Weimer is a contemporary Christian suspense that will have your heart racing as you read.
The main themes are about trust, hiding and running. In life we may choose to run from our past. “Wouldn’t it be nice to stop running from your past?” Our pasts make us who we are but we need to face them, learn the lessons and move on. “Sometimes God uses what look like setbacks as setups.”
We all have times when we want to hide away. The safest place to rest is in God’s arms. No matter what
Coco.V
Apr 20, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/20/2020)! 🎁
Riella Cristobal
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, though it was not my usual genre. I was so happy to find it really entertaining! It definitely kept me reading, and I was, at different points, so nervous for the characters.
I really felt for Kate, she was really relatable in the circumstances. If anything like that happened to me, I probably would react like her, super out of my depth. She definitely grew throughout the book, even though it really only spanned a few days. Kate and Alex have to learn to trust each ot
JoAnn
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this romantic suspense. A real edge of your seat plot with lots of action. Fans of suspense will not want to miss this book. I received an arc from the author. This is my honest and unbiased review.
Caitlyn Santi
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
An excellent romantic suspense novel from a new-to-me-author!
I was sucked into this story from page one and couldn't stop reading!
Kate and Alex were both great characters, they were not without flaws and things in their lives that they needed to face and work through, but that only made them more relatable. They were both very likeable and I was rooting for them from the get-go!
The unique premise of this book is what first caught my attention, and it totally lived up to my expectations!
This
Samantha McCollough
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Traces stared off with a bang and just kept surprising!

The cover of this book is what attracted me to it at first, but after a couple of paragraphs, I was hooked on the idea of this game show in which two people would have two evade this “all-seeing-Eye” for at least 20 days. It drew me in.

I expected Denise to run out of twists by the time I was halfway through the book, but no, she had plenty where that came from!

I knew that I was going to be a fan of this book as soon as I met Alex. Creating
Nicole Putter
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book cover should tell you exactly what genre you'll find inside and this one did not fail. I'm not ashamed to admit that I bought this novel because of the cover and it didn't disappoint. Traces ticks all the boxes I enjoy in stories, a bit of mystery, suspense, drama, and wholesome dollop of romance.

A fugitive reality show isn’t a concept I’ve read before which made it all the more appealing. Their journey through friends, homeless shelters and empty houses is an exciting, emotional, yet so
Melody Mindler
This book grabbed my attention from the beginning to the end. Too many books drag you through the first few chapters and almost loose you before you get to any suspense or romance. From the beginning Kate finds that the security system created by the company she works for, the one intended to keep the citizens safe, has become the very thing that she must hide from as she becomes an unwilling participant in a reality TV show. It started out as a game but was it? She is forced to reexamine relati ...more
Lorel Kline
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Action packed and full of suspense

A story full of suspense as Alex and Kate come to terms with who and what life their life was being lived for. Kate gets volunteered to on on the run by her bosses on a reality TV show called Tracers test a new surveillance system that was just installed on the top of the building she worked in. She is partnered with the head security guard from her building, Alex. She had some suspicions about the system and wanted to give the information to a friend but was s
Gretchen
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cindy Huff
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Denise Weiser has taken a what-if moment to create a wonderful love story and so much more. Putting two people together with nothing in common to compete in a Reality TV show is interesting enough. Add someone trying to kill them and you have a heart-pounding Suspense Romance that leaves you wondering just how much Big Brother is watching. Love the vulnerable characters and the inspirational thread that made me root for their happily ever after moment even more. Denis Weimer delivers well-writte ...more
Deb Peck
Interesting premise flawed by the female character

I chose this book because of the premise, but the progression of the story was choppy, unrealistic and unfulfilling. I found the female character to be annoying to the max and unbelievable that her male counterpart would be interested.
Judith Hendrickson
Can We Stand for this Kind of Surveillance?

Thrilled filled suspense with an ex military cop, a witty OR writer for the company that installed a surveillance camera with 13 lens on top the tallest building in Atlanta. Great characterization of Alex and Kate. But who is trying to kill them and why?
Jennie Webb
Romance story with some action

For any of you who love romance novels, I think you will like this one. However, you must also like a little suspense/mystery. This story has likeable characters and is well-written. Enjoy!
Ann
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of action and suspense. It will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. If you like christian suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat, grab this book. I received an ARC copy and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Sandy
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Traces

Very interesting and entertaining storyline about a couple participating in a TV reality show but end up on the run from paid assassins. Great suspense with Christian principles.
Candee Fick
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The latest from Denise Weimer is a fast-paced tale of love on the run. A reality television show was just the beginning, but when chased by more than technology ripped from the headlines, who can they trust? Traces is romantic suspense at its finest and you won’t want to miss it!
Lois Kirby
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Traces

It may seem like a futuristic concept but a factual one for the future I'm sure. I enjoyed the story the story line a bit of mystery, deception ties into a bit of romance. I enjoyed it.
Shelia Hall
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Denise has wrote a great story that keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next! Really enjoyed it!
Patrick Cox
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

That was a really good book. Set in one my favorite cities in the whole world Atlanta Georgia. What starts out as a reality show turns into a run for your life survival story.
Marilee
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great romantic suspense! The plot was a unique twist on a classic theme and I loved the character growth of the two main characters. This one was hard to put down and I am hoping that there will be a future book starring the heroine's best friend!

I received a complimentary copy of this book but am voluntarily leaving a review of my own opinions.
Bobbi Snyder
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read. Present day action packed, adrenaline filled story. I had a hard time putting it down.
Jennifer Purcell
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Traces by Denise Weimer is a romantic suspense novel set in Atlanta, Georgia. PR spokeswoman Kate Carson works at SurveyCorp, a company that developed a surveillance camera that now sits on the highest skyscraper in the city. When she enters a reality TV show called Traces, she’s partnered with SurveyCorp security guard Alex Mitchell. Their task: go on the run and evade capture. Their prize: $500,000. But someone’s after Kate, and it has nothing to do with the show. Or does it?

The premise of thi
Maddy Butler
Mar 07, 2020
Judy
Mar 10, 2020

• Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets, #1)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • A Castaway in Cornwall
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance, #0.5)
  • The House at the End of the Moor
  • Dakota Peace
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Praying God's Promises: The Life-Changing Power of Praying the Scriptures
  • The Truth About Fame (Faith & Fortune, #2)
  • Who Wants to Kiss a Billionaire? (Billionaires in New York, #2)
  • Molly (Sewing in SoCal, #1)
  • Out by Night
Denise Weimer holds a journalism degree with a minor in history from Asbury University. Represented by Hartline Literary, she writes historical and contemporary romance and romantic suspense set in her home state of Georgia. She's also a managing editor for Smitten Historical Romance and Heritage Beacon Historical Fiction, Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. A wife and mom of two daughters, De ...more