Start by marking “Play Me” as Want to Read:
Play Me

Play Me

From international bestselling authors, Ker Dukey and K Webster comes a fast-paced, dark, hot, instalove standalone lunchtime read from their KKinky Reads collection!

I meet many women in my line of work.
Making fantasy a reality is what I do.
And I do it well.

But nothing could have
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 119 pages
Published December 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Play Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play Me

Start your review of Play Me
warhawke
Genre: Erotic Romance
Type: Standalone novella from KKInky Reads collection
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Quinn Washington had a certain need with specifications that no one could meet - unless that man was Joshua Tuck. As the owner of a sex club called Hush, he knew how to cater to his clients’ requirements. Her dark request required gentle hands, only he knew how to provide.

I see her, though. Not just the tougher person she’s projecting, but the one she’s trying to hide. It’s clear she’s
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
play-me

PLAY ME: Is a quick kinky romance novella co written by Ker Dukey and K. webster. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

When it comes to my dark reads these two authors tick that box, so when I saw them co-writing something different with some kink thrown in with a wee bit of dark I had to sign up!!

The one time Quinn lets her hair down at a frat party she doesn’t even want to be at, she downs a few shots to drown out her friends one word phrase of boring.

Quinn can’t take it any more, so she
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
48757730._SY475_-1.jpg

Quinn has always had unusual urges but a traumatic incident at college changed everything for her.
Now shes ready to explore her wants and needs further and she asks Joshua the sexy owner of Hush to assist her in making her fantasies a reality.
Hush is a club that caters to certain fantasies in a safe consensual way and when he realises just what Quinn wants Joshua knows he will be the one that will fulfil those needs for her.
But first, he needs to build trust between them both especially
CC

While in college, Quinn Washington experienced a traumatic event. About a decade later, she is successful in her career, but she has been hiding in her private life due certain triggers. Ready to take a big step to moving forward, Quinn hires Joshua Tuck, a sex club proprietor, to fulfill her dark fantasies in hopes of liberating her fears.

“Beneath the surface, she is fire, strength, resilience and desperation. Desperate to sate a need within her.”

Told in dual POV, the plot cadence is fairly
Jade Violet
This truly is a bite-size novella. A true lunch time read. That being said, it does deal with serious subject matter so if you're looking for just plain kink, y0u might want to take that into account. Quinn Washington is a college student at the start of the book. She's always the practical one, responsible one and not really a frat house party girl. One night, at her roommate's insistence, she finally makes it out of the house to a frat party, has a beer or two, and still can't stand the idiocy ...more
Kahea
***5 ‘Then I’ll Turn The Lights On’ Stars***

And we have another great addition to the Kkinky reads family!

Play Me was all kinds of HAWT! That I expected, but boy that beginning...that I didn’t expect. That was intense, but definitely laid the groundwork for what was a quick, but amazing read.

Joshua is all kinds of alpha AF male. Dominant, protective and compassionate. Quinn is sweet, sassy and strong and their journey gave them both everything they never knew they wanted.

For a quickie, this
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Omg I devoured this book! It’s so perfect... sexy as fuck and packing all the feels. Joshua is ahhhmazing. I am so in love! Gah! Perfection!!
Mirjam
Nov 15, 2019 marked it as to-read

Part of Dukey & Webster's KKinky Reads collection.
Share Me by Ker Dukey Choke Me by Ker Dukey Daddy Me by Ker Dukey Watch Me by Ker Dukey Hurt Me by Ker Dukey Play Me by Ker Dukey
The Smutbrarians
Kindle eArc provided by Authors
Reviewed by Robin

Robin Powers
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scary hot! We all know those taboo kinks that are talked about in hush voices. Play Me is a steamy novella that starts off in a sex club and ends up against the wall, in your dark house and on the kitchen counter. Quinn has experienced some trauma in the past but with sex club owner, Joshua, she can discover a consensual way to explore her secret dark side. I love Joshua and his desire to fulfill fantasies...especially Quinn's. The way he navigates what she needs but also keeps her feeling in ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is another steamy, hot read from these two authors that love to entertain the reader with these quick dirty little reads. You never know what you are going to get until you open the pages to find which sort of delicious naughtiness they have thought up this time.

I especially enjoyed this story which was quite dark and contained role play. The beginning of the story was very intense, upsetting and unexpected to be honest which took me by surprise but definitely laid the ground for what was
AJ's book-reMarks
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Play Me is a steamy but dark, kinky romance! A perfect combination of dark and sexy, you can devour in one sitting! You'll get a happy ending that'll make you swoon!
Quinn, a reserved college student who goes to a frat party, has a few drinks and walks home alone only to be confronted by a police officer, needless to say, his assistance is not welcome but one she will never forget. “Bad girls who break laws need to be punished.”
Joshua is the owner of Hush, a sex club with unique tastes and
Vanessa
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not sure what else I can say besides this book was hot! It’s hard to write a review for a book like that. With these two authors combined I expected combustion. It didn’t quite get there but it was so close.
When reading about Quinn and Joshua it wasn’t so much their chemistry I was excited to read about. It was more of how they dealt with certain situations together. You see Quinn comes with baggage. The type of baggage that will take a real man to handle instead of walk away from. Will
Rowan Parker
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic addition the the KKinky Reads collection. From page one I was hooked! These two authors sure know how to pull you in immediately. From tragedy to a secret desire, Quinn Washington seeks help in fulfilling her fantasies with the hot, domineering alpha, Joshua Tuck, owner of the exclusive sex club Hush.Will she be able to Play the game? Will he fulfil her dreams? This book was on fire, loved catching up with the characters from the previous novellas, it just made me want to go ...more
Deekay
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TRIGGER WARNING: rape, rape fantasy (role-play)

What a delicious read. I loved it, it was dark and romantic in a scariest way. The reason why I said ”scariest” was due to the type of role-playing that the hero (Joshua) and heroine (Quinn) did in the story. Their type of role-play was different than most types of role-play. I was so scared actually when I found out the type of fantasy the heroine had in her head. The fact that she wanted to have that certain kind of role-play was very concerning
MrsHReadsALot
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You are a fighter a survivor a queen

Is this the the conclusion to the series? If so, hands down a phenomenal way to go. Back in Blaine and Xavi’s story when Joshua had asked about consent I figured he’d be getting his own story and what it would entail. But I had no idea it would be this. That it was so much more than a fantasy. It was about helping a woman gain her freedom back.
I loved the dynamics between Quinn and Joshua. I liked that they played a bit of cat and mouse while getting closer
Renee
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I meet many women in my line of work. Play many roles and create elaborate scenes specific to satisfying their darkest desires. Making fantasy a reality is what I do. And I do it well. But noting could have prepared me for her. Timid, beautiful, broken Quinn Washington. She came to me with a specific fantasy. One that needed extreme caution. Dangerous and forbidden.Indulging in fantasies can heal you
ReadingInPyjamas
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Play Me is a steamy hot short story with a darker streak. I really loved the atmosphere created by these two authors. I am familiar with their work and always have enjoyed their not so conventional love stories.

"...To the women who find strength after the worst situations… and reclaim their identity, their sexuality, and their mental freedom. Even if they’re blamed. Even if they’re judged. Even if they’re misunderstood. This book is for those brave. "

During College, Quinn suffered a trauma that
Darlene I read to many boooks
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
I rarely ever read either of these authors. They require an acquired taste and most of the time they're just not on my menu - so to speak. However, occasionally one of them will write something that catches my interest so I'll give them a try.

I'm glad that this one caught my eye. The heroine was strong in the respect that she moved on with her life and didn't let the attack make her into a celibate block of ice. No, it wasn't specifically stated that she had other partners but my money is on
Mary Mooney
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
This is a fast-paced, quick read that will grip you from the very first page.
Quinn is trying to find someone to help fulfill her dark fantasy. She contacts Joshua for his help but he is drawn to her through her emails. He feels like he needs to be the person to help her. When he meets Quinn, he knows that he is the only one to help her.
Quinn wants to make her fantasy a reality to try to erase a bad
EscapeNBooks
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Play Me by Authors Ker Dukey and K. Webster is part of their KKinky Reads collection, but can be read as a standalone.

“I’ve fallen so deep, so far into you, I don’t ever want to find my way out,”

Good-girl Quinn always does what’s right. She is responsible and reasonable in all things. Unbeknownst to everyone around her, she has the need for more than typical sex.

“Bad girls who break laws need to be punished.”

Enter Hush. The club that lets you be what you want and act on it in a safe
Michelle1005
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if one day someone will ask you to role play rape with you? Definitely not easy right? And that's what happened to Joshua, owner of Hush, club when you can fulfill of your kinks and desires. People who knew this series knew said club from previous books.
So when said request is made by Quinn who always had an unusual urges but college trauma changed all for her, he decides to help her. But before fulfilling her request he wants to know her more in order to built some level of
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Oh this is a very satisfying and intense read, full of passion, resilience and ultimately love and closure.

I really enjoyed that Quinn had the strength to seek a solution to her fears, that she did not deny her desires, but she also chose wisely in who to trust. Undoubtedly she chose well, and Joshua did an amazing job of being terrifying and calm and understanding in the turn of a moment. He was patient, concerned and
Kat
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book starts off messing with my emotions. What Quinn has been through is something no one should have to endure. And especially from the one who did it. The strength of this girl. Astounding.

I want a Joshua for my own. I love the way he is with Quinn right from the start. Before they meet even. When he does it sets off a chain of events that neither could fathom. Nothing will stop Joshua from getting what he wants, and what he wants is Quinn. Good thing they both like this kind of chase.

Amanda
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My anxieties and expectations were a little higher for this read than the others within this collection for whatever reason, and while the anxieties were unnecessary, the expectations were met and exceeded! For such a bite sized read, it was EV-ARY-THING!

The power play at work here is on a whole other level, and not what you would think. When Quinn goes from victim to survivor, retaking her power back and it is beautiful. Watching as she looses the chains of shame and grows into a fierce woman,
Mimiorphee
Shelves: 2019, arc
“I’m a wolf. And you like to get bitten, Little Red.”

Now, now... New addition to the K. Kinky Reads Collection, Play Me is a (dirty) guilty pleasure I devoured in no time.

Ker Dukey and K Webster once more delivered a delightful novella. Sweet, intense, and scorching hot, the storyline built the anticipation. The rape fantasy theme was cleverly handled, the authors puttingthe accent on consent, communication and trust.

Quinn is a survivor, I lovedher strength and her maturity. Joshua's caring
Nicky Price
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the sixth book in the K&K Kinky Treats.

From the first page I was hooked K&K just reel you in once again.

Quinn Washington is a broken women and a very talented business women at that.

She has one fantasy that she is looking for someone to fulfil roll playing and she thinks she has finally found the man to do that Joshua Tuck.

Joshua is the owner of Hush a sex club that you would know if you have read (Choke me & Daddy me)
He is dominant alpha male and hot as hell and knows what
Elie Kelly
description
description
I loved, loved, loved this book. Quinn and Joshua had a very steamy and very deep relationship. I can say the attraction was instant, then came love. What started out as a
sensitive play and work though turned into an emotional uproar pretty fast. Quinn had to go through something no woman should experience. After a night turned disaster maybe Joshua is her only hope to salvage the rest of her after the damage was done.
I loved both characters, the story was very immersing, real and deeply
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Quinn suffered a traumatic event while in college. She's been fighting to get her life back for years. The only way she can "get past" it is to make sure she's the one in control. The only one that can help her is Joshua, the owner of Hush, a sex club.

Josh isn't sure he can help Quinn but after one meeting something in Quinn calls to the protective side of Joshua. Once he decides he's all in things progress fairly fast.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Conheartists
  • Cold Queen
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Before You
  • The Truth About Alice (Evil Lies, #2)
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Daddy's Dirty Boss
  • Enemies
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • The Virgin Gift
  • Confess
  • Crowned by Hate (Crowned #1)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Hate Crush
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Hate Sober (Love Me Duet #2)

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My