Start by marking “Better Endings (The Tammy Mellows Series #2)” as Want to Read:
Better Endings (The Tammy Mellows Series #2)

Better Endings

(Tammy Mellows #2)

It took a new love to discover her own demons

After narrowly escaping with her own life from Steven, the father of her child and an abusive heroin addict, Tammy Mellows believed she finally gained control of her own self.

She couldn’t be more wrong. When a new love interest enters her world, the relationship unveils hidden demons Tammy never knew she had, and fears they will
Paperback, 1st, 279 pages
Published January 7th 2020 by Tina Hogan Grant Books

To ask other readers questions about Better Endings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Endings

Start your review of Better Endings (The Tammy Mellows Series #2)
Bambi Rathman
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I finished Reckless Beginnings, my heart was torn apart for what Tammy Mellows life had been like and what she had gone through. Some bad choices in her life had put her in some awful situations. Better Endings picks up with Tammy finally able to move on with her life after an abusive relationship with the father of her son, Matt. But now she has insecurities and trust issues and she becomes dependent on alcohol. Where will her life go from here?

Book 2 in the series, Better Endings, is Tamm
Agnes (BookBubbe)
My first book read in 2020 and couldn't have read a better book. Am a big fan of Ms. Grant's books and loved this one. Continuing in the Tammy Mellows series again I was drawn into the amazing life of this character. I love how we got a little reminder in the beginning of book #1 Reckless Beginnings although it can be read alone also.

Carol Werner Harris
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review for Tina Hogan Grant’s sequel to “Reckless Beginnings” the second Book in the sequel, “Better Endings”.

I absolutely loved the first book about the struggles and survival of Tammy, the main character in the story. Tammy starts out living with her mother in England then moving to America to be with her father.

The sequel takes off after Tammy barely escapes with her life from the abusive father of her child.
Tammy copes with demons from her past, personal struggles and challenges.
You will
Jamie
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tammy is a strong and independent woman who has overcome a lot in her life. When she meets a handsome and hardworking fisherman her life continues to change. However, with the right amount of love,friendships and family this may be exactly what she needs.

I absolutely loved this story. I was completely captivated by needing to know what was going to happen and how it would end. I actually binge read this entire book in one night.

If you enjoy strong female characters, a wonderful love story, unpr
Jimette Ross
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, I fell in love with Tina and the first Tammy Mellows book! Ms. Grant proved to me she was worth taking a chance on with this second in series! Wonderful writing! Great story, all the emotions had me shivering right along! The excitement on the new love feelings, the confusion and scary feelings with court, the struggle with alcohol, all raw, heartfelt! The hard work and happiness found out at sea, she kept it interesting, exciting without going into details to bore! Ms. Grant has ...more
Michelle Keene
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this sequel to Reckless Beginnings , its so much like the author knows what ive dealt with in life that she wrote a book about it. Me, im a Tammy!! The story is written very well and you feel as you are out at sea with Tammy as she learns a new lifestyle, a new beginning for her and her son. A new love for herself of herself, and a man to love her as is. A story of a "Better Ending" from where she first began and the perseverance to become greater and never giving up! A really great book. L ...more
Alicia Haney
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Better Endings by Tina Hogan Grant

This is the second book in the series of Tammy Mellows . The first one was Reckless Beginnings which I read first. In this story Terry Mellows story continues. All she wants is a better life for her child and for herself. She meets a man that is a fisherman and lives in a boat. She makes some hard choices that change her life. I enjoyed reading this second book in the Terry Mellows Series. I am looking forward to the next book in this series. I highly recommend
Cathy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book grabbed me from the beginning. I had read the 1st book already, so I did appreciate the reminders of some of the events of that book. In Better Endings we see a woman who has made some unfortunate decisions and was battling an addiction to alcohol. She knew her activity was harmful to herself & her son, but was not yet ready to stop it. She met a man who was interested in her and she reciprocated the feeling. The story of their relationship shows strength on her part as she did not wan ...more
Tonya Parker
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! I didn't want to put it down. I had to see how it would end! Strong female lead character. Just goes to show what motivating can do! Highly recommend this book!
Wendy
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about shark fishing and lobster fishing, living in a land-locked state, you don’t hear much about it. It was also nice to have a strong female lead who is not afraid to work hard.
Christina Close
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally related to this book! Shows how someone who endured such a hard past can become a strong independent woman and still learn to let someone in and fall in love and also start a new career and life! Totally 5 stars and highly recommend!
Stacey Souther
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The continuing story of Tammy will keep you on the edge of your seat, wondering what will happen next as Tammy meets a new man, faces demons she didn’t even know she had, and changes her life drastically. You can’t help but root for Tammy as she struggles throughout the book, and you’ll have a hard time putting the book down before finding out what happens next.
Susan The Book Dragon Campton
Welcome to Tea Time this Tuesday, my Fellow Book Dragons! Tonight’s Gem is quite beautiful and calming, like the waves of the sea at sunset. It is cracked a bit and the edges are rough, this Gem has seen some hard sailing and rough water, but it seems to have come out just fine. It glows with a calming warmth and the colors of sunset. This is Gem Maker and Dragon Feeder Tina Hogan Grant’s “Better Endings”, the follow up novel to “Reckless Beginnings” but rest assured, you do not have to have dev ...more
Denise
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BOOK REVIEW: Better Endings. (Tammy Mellows Series Book 2) by Award-winning author, Tina Hogan Grant

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. " These words were never more true than they were for Tammy Mellows...

Tammys' journey began with one bad decision after another, never thinking of the consequences of her haste regarding her actions and/or choices at an age when she was coming into her own and thought to have had the world at her fingertips~
Dyana
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tina Hogan Grant continues to share her amazing experiences in her book, Better Endings - Book Two of the Tammy Mellows Series, which contains a Prologue of her first book: Reckless Beginnings. Better Endings shows the resilience of a Mother working hard to support her son through the roughest of times imaginable. She had made mistakes in the past that she did not want to make again. But she faces other challenges, when she realizes she is an alcoholic. Meeting Dwayne, a fisherman, was a light t ...more
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that stays with you long after you have read it.

Tina Hogan Grant is phenomenal author. She pulls you into her storylines so flawlessly. She makes you feel every emotion possible.

First off let me start by saying if you haven't read the first installment of the series than I highly suggest you pick it up today.

Reckless Beginnings book 1 was a story that pulled at your heartstrings and you couldn't help but root for Tammy to overcome her struggles.

Better Endings is the
Amanda Hash
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
A story about opening yourself up to love and chasing your own unique happily-ever-after, Better Endings showcases what happens when a strong woman uses her past and her pain to push forward. While this book is the second in a series, there is enough of a recap (tastefully done, after a gripping opening scene) that it could work just as well as a stand-alone read. I was in awe of the grit and stamina of Tammy, our leading lady, and found Dwayne to be absolutely irresistible. (I also learned a gr ...more
Christine
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it

In Tina Hogan Grant's new book "Better Endings" we reconnect with the memorable characters from her first book in this series "Reckless Beginnings". And it is such a treat to to see how life goes on for the heroine and those she holds dear.

Grant encapsulates her first book so well in the prolog that her second novel in this series can be read as a stand alone! Although don't cheat yourself out of all the nuances of the fascinating first tale! And one should poise oneself to jump into this story
Pam Vogt
This was another awesome book. Tammy had a hard life in the past and was raising her son. She had an alcohol addiction which definitely caused her some problems. After meeting a handsome fisherman, she was falling fast. He invited her to see what his life on the water was all about. Such a strong woman to try working in a male dominant job. Could she keep pushing herself to the limit to prove she could do her job out on the high seas. What a determined, hard working woman she was who loved her s ...more
Paige
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book I couldn’t put it down. I finished it in two days and I can’t wait to see where Tammy’s life goes in the next installment. She is a very unique person. Not too many women would take on a life, with a young son, with a commercial fisherman. Or potentially swim with sharks! I definitely wanted to see Tammy follow her heart and she did. If you enjoy reading about strong women, who encounter real life situations and a true love story all wrapped into one, this book is for yo ...more
Kim Bakos
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I enjoyed this story about a strong woman - emotionally and physically. Tammy has endured abuse and is doing her best as a single mom, but depends on alcohol to make it through each day. An unexpected new love interest forces her to take a hard look at her life, and herself, and make some changes.
I loved reading about her work as a fisherwoman. I even learned that they harvest lobsters in CA - I thought that was only a Maine and Florida thing.
Looking forward to see how her new job and new relat
Carol Deegan
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a continuation of Reckless Beginning, in which Tammy makes a few hasty, wrong decisions that lead to a hard life. In this book, she meets a man who makes his living by fishing, and she commits to helping him during lobster season. Despite the hard work she proves to herself she can work hard and increase her self-worth. My advice is that everyone should read these books and see what an amazing turnaround Tammy made in her life!
Janet
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tina Hogan Grant has beautifully written to us a love story about her life and it can well be read as a stand alone novel, of what Tammy Mellows gains in her life when she makes difficult decisions about her future and that of her son, Matt;
Tammy digs deeper than ever for strength and reaps the benefits of love and adventure and
SOMEHow Tammy invites a large, very large sea lion onto the Boat
Gotta Read!
Heather
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You can’t help but root for Tammy! I loved following Tammy’s adventures on the fishing boat and of her falling in love. I also appreciated how Tammy faces her own personal struggles with openness, honesty, and positivity. This is book two in the Tammy Mellows series but can be read as a stand-alone.

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Allyssa Cook
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much!! Reading the first one was heart wrenching at times but this one mad everything better by seeing how happy Tammy was with all the decisions she was making! Such a great heart felt and well written book! Can’t wait to read the next one.
Teresa Moyer
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great continuation into Tammy's life. Enjoyed reading about how her life came together for the better with new life goals and a good man in her life. I am looking forward to book 3 to come out (The reunions)
Csimplot Simplot
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!!
Jodena Pysher
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, from the first sentence of Better Endings, I couldn't stop! I finished this book in 4 days. Tammy and Dwayne had the perfect connection. The bond that they form is perfect for a blended family. I can't wait for another book!! If anyone would like a heartwarming and heart pounding read, I suggest you check out this series!
Rachel Blackburn
Another 5 Star Book

Tina Hogan Grant did it again. While I can't relate personally to the storyline this time, I was drawn into a new learning experience. Tammy Mellows is all about taking chances, and the chance for love, new experiences, and a better life is just what she did. It was a difficult choice she made, leaving her young son, her best friend, the life she knew, to go on a fishing expedition that surely changed her life. My only heartbreak was her conversation with her sister Donna, the
Patricia Grogan Bugher
Exciting, heartwarming story

Book two in Tina Hogan Grant’s Tammy Mellows series. This Book is another five star read just like the first one. Tammy, trying to get her life straightened out for herself and her son, becomes more involved with Dwayne, a commercial fisherman. He seems like a wonderful upstanding man but he lives on a boat and is always out fishing. How can Tammy work out a life for her son and herself under these circumstances?

• Evening in the Yellow Wood
  • The Orphan Collector
  • A Million Little Lies
  • One Perfect Summer
  • Knit 2 Purl 2 Kill 2
  • A California Christmas (Silver Springs, #7)
  • Brave Girl, Quiet Girl
  • Not Again
  • The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • Husbands and Other Sharp Objects
  • The Banty House
  • The School Mistress of Emerson Pass
  • The Safe Place
  • Mrs. Morris and the Witch (A Salem B&B Mystery, #2)
  • The Help
  • The Nanny
  • Queen of the Owls
  • The First to Lie

Tammy Mellows (2 books)
  • Reckless Beginnings  (Tammy Mellows Series #1)

News & Interviews