Start by marking “Fae Curse (Yew Queen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fae Curse (Yew Queen, #1)

(Yew Queen #1)

What do sexy fae lords, a vampire assassin, and a mysterious castle have in common?

Yours truly.

Yeah no, I did not plan this.

When my bestie and I opened a fabulous bakery, I planned to live a long life shoving pumpkin muffins into my face hole and working them off during my self-defense class.

But when a castle full of ridiculously gorgeous immortals showed up on the ley

Published January 3rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Fae Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fae Curse

Start your review of Fae Curse (Yew Queen, #1)
Jun 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 badass stars

A cool and spunky baker, who rides a badass bike.

Coren Connely is perfectly happy with her perfectly normal life, running her own bakery with her best friend Hekla.
Until one day when she squeezes the brakes and almost eats the end of a bright blue Tesla. Because she suddenly sees a brand new hill above her town. And on the hill there is a castle. 'A legit castle. Like, Renaissance style.'
And bec
Tiera McMillian
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: february-2020
Beautiful cover on this book. Also props for putting the MMC on the cover instead of the FMC. I've noticed a trend in the YA and NA paranormal/fantasy novels where the Bad A female is on the cover. I actually grabbed this book because the cover featured the MMC instead. This made it stand out on my KU recommended feed.

This book read much more like a novella in the midst of a series where all the world building, explanations, and backstory happened somewhere else. It was unfortunate because ther
Heather Gilbert
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Alright

I have mixed feelings about this book. I love the FMC, her level of snark and attitude is divine, bleeding through with just the right amount of humor. However, as the situation she finds herself in reveals itself, I found the world itself a little flat. It’s.... awkward? She reacts appropriately, or so I think, but they don’t... and events progress in an oddly stilted manner.

Pros:
- Great FMC.
- Well edited.
- Interesting concept.

Cons:
- Too many questions!! How does the vamp know the other
Angie
3.5 disappointing and not-so-steamy stars

I had such high hopes for this novel but I was sorely letdown. I feel like this novel could have been great, all of the right ingredients were there: fantastical creatures, mystical lore, a devious curse, forbidden love, a snarky heroine. But I don't think that the author explored any of these elements to their full potential--the creatures were confusing, the lore was confusing, the curse was...confusing (I see a pattern here), the love was unbelievable,
Jenni
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished Fae Curse, I only started it yesterday but I simply could not put it down. I loved every moment of it and I really cannot wait until I can get my hands on the next book in the series!

Right from the start I fell in love with Coren, she is exactly the kind of snarky, strong, female protagonist I adore. I also love that her best friend Helka was so awesome and the two of them supported each other. We need more examples of female friendships like this in fiction! Coren is such
Andrea
2.75

Well this wasn't bad, but it was good either.
Everything felt rushed from the discovery of the castle, to the weird romance, to the whirlwind ending.

Also-concerning the romance- I mean, even if he says the lure doesn't work on someone who isn't attracted in the first place- doesn't mean its not manipulative and kind of gross.

But I will say I liked the female friendship- so plus on that! Oh, and great cover!

Spoilery Trope Bingo:
(view spoiler)
taveena kade
Mar 27, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF at 43%

i just realized that I dont like the premise as much as i thought i would
Dorothy Dreyer
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're in the mood for snark and sexy, this is the book for you. Supernatural creatures and a girl battling her own identity. Can't wait to see what book 2 brings. ...more
Mandie
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and entertaining read. It was my first read from this author, and I can’t wait to read more of this series!
K Elise
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Too Short

I have some mixed feelings. I’m docking a star mostly because this felt super rushed. I feel like there were a lot of threats and critical problems that needed delving into, and instead it was all kinda tied up with a pretty bow. I would have liked deeper development all around. Hekla and Kaippa are my favorite characters, I need more of them... like a lot more. All considered though, I was definitely entertained, and I’m ready for the next book.
Erin Dall
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting read. Can’t wait to see what else happens

The main character is by far the best just because of the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I also really enjoyed the pop culture references to the supernatural world (Buffy, Supernatural and The CW shows).

I’m intrigued with what will happen next as she finds out who she really is and where her feelings will take her.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Fae Curse

Fantastically thrilling! An absolute fun fantasy tale full of magic, suspense, snark and a dash of romance. I really enjoyed the story and all the characters. I can’t wait to see where the story goes from here!
Lana
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve Hunt weaves an exciting tale full of magic, fae, vampires, shifters and a witch in this first book in a new series entitled Yew Queen. Coren and her friend Hekla run a very good bakery with scrumptious to die for delicacies, and they used to live a normal kind of life until Coren saw the Italianesque Castle on the hill in the centre of town and was approached by a hunk of a man who was steaming hot. Lucus however, had green eyes, pointed ears, vine leaves on his eyelashes and horns so Coren ...more
Debbie Eyre
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this story. Love the way only the first female can see the cursed castle with the Fae and vampire in there. The backstory of the war between the mages, fae and vampires and how it occurred is intriguing and also an example as to how wars can be started! Punish the many for the mistake of one! I love the characters especially Caren and Lucus and their fated bond and am looking forward to where that will go and what path they will take as they are waring races. I am also looking ...more
Jackie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF - Quit at 25%
I just couldn't get into this book. The flow was a bit stop & go, and the world building was learn as the heroine learns. The writing style was a bit awkward for me to read. The humor interjected was the only upside that kept me reading until the point I gave up. The characters were very polarizing for me. I just never got to the point where I wanted to keep reading. Other readers may appreciate this where I didn't. Needless to say, I won't be continuing with the series.

At my a
Teka
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Jumpy but good

Some of the writing is jumbled and messy, it doesnt read right. It's a good story line putting those things to the side. I think the next book will decide the series.
Lisa
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good

Was a good read made me think a lot of Keri Arthur books but a good read I did enjoy it you should give it a try
☕️Kimberly
This was ok. Full RTC
Jackie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A light hearted, romantic story. Not my usual genre, still enjoyable and well worth the read. Don’t miss out.
Lisa P
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Action, sass, and lustery

This was such a fun read! Some of the conversations felt like ones between me and my best friends.There is so much to like in this story.magic, curses, fae, vampires, and vines... Think I found my new series to binge!
Christina Morley
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing urban fantasy romance that follows the POV of heroine Coren. It has a mix of humans, Fae, vampires, mages, and others are also mentioned. There’s mystery and adventure with humor and some heat. Coren doesn’t believe in the supernatural, but when she comes face to face with Fae and the vampire, she has no choice not to. She has a strong personality and doesn’t like being pushed around. I like the characters for the most part, but Coren’s voice is sometimes juvenile. The scen ...more
Rosalind Bath
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fae Curse

I really enjoyed this book! It has set out the world we are entering nicely and building up the characters well. I couldn't put it down and read it really quickly. I'm loving all the characters already and can't wait to see where book 2 takes us.
Renee
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger!!!

This book is actually a 4.5 stars but damn cliffhanger! I would have loved it to be longer also. I already pre-ordered book 2!! Fantastic adventure and some really great one liners!
Kyleen Carpenter
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark-haired, sexy males? Yes, please! This is my type of book with magic, attraction, unraveling mystery. Plus, Coren has lots of attitude. I read it in one day! Couldn’t put it down. Good thing I had the day off work!
Sionna
DNF @ 69%

Just not a fan of anything that is going down. It feel like something is missing and I'm not able to connect with the characters. Probably because I'm the kind of person who'd help the dudes not die, while she... isn't. So, she is annoying me hardcore.
Sherry
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Rachel
Jul 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Note: I received this book from the author and I voluntarily give this review, it is my honest opinion.

Fae Curse is the first book in the Yew Queen trilogy by Eve A. Hunt and if you like sexy fae, alpha but-holes, snarky vampires, loads of magic, and baked goods then you have to read this.
This was such a super fun and quick read that had an interesting storyline. Coren is snarky, funny, strong, and independent. The fact that she owns her own bakery and loves the products she makes just delighted
Faithreading18
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G that ending blew me away pretty much everything leading up to the ending had me on the edge of my seat and squealing like a child.

This book gave me all the feels and I'm so happy this was the first book I read(well more like devoured it since I finished it in like 24 hours) in the new year.
I don't even know where to being on describing my thoughts and all the feelings i have for this amazing book.

So this book followers are main character Coren who has a pretty good life, she owns a baking
Katt
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: 5/5

Fae Curse is the first book in the Yew Queen series by Eve A. Hunt. This book brings you Fae, Vampires, Mages, magic and more!

Right from the start I loved the female lead Coren. She’s a snarky, strong, feisty female lead who doesn’t like taking other people’s crap. Her and her best friend Hekla run a bakery together and support each other, which I absolutely love. I also love their unusual names for something set in the modern world!

Lucus.. I adore Lucus! He’s so conflicted, but
SD Jericho
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I love a good book cover! This cover was pretty different from the norm by having the main male lead as the focus – the colours, the energy of the image – it was so enticing and inviting! And it was an invitation well worth taking up!

The plot was unique and engaging. I enjoyed the fact that once I understood the premise and the history and I had a clue of where things might be headed, that there was still a feeling of… more-ness. You know the more-ness, the one you feel in your bones while
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Three Deadly Trials (Battle for The Dark King, #1)
  • Shadow (Touched by the Fae #2)
  • The Winter Sacrifice (Rise of the Dark Fae #1)
  • After the Third Kiss: A Dragon Story (The Unicorn Chronicles - a related story)
  • Asylum (Touched by the Fae #1)
  • The Cursed Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #2)
  • Two Vicious Kingdoms (Battle for The Dark King,  #2)
  • Conscript (Star Defenders #1)
  • Lord of Winter (Fae of Darkness, #1)
  • Fae Captive (Tangled Fae #2)
  • One Savage Crown (Battle for The Dark King, #3)
  • Taming the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #3)
  • Heart of Dragons (Chronicles of Pelenor, #1)
  • Prince of Never (Black Blood Fae, #1)
  • Touch (Touched by the Fae #3)
  • The Devil's Fool (Devil, #1)
  • The Ice King's Secret (Fae of Darkness, #3)
  • Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae #1)

Yew Queen (3 books)
  • Fae World (Yew Queen, #2)
  • Fae Spell (Yew Queen, #3)

News & Interviews