Start by marking “Off the Record (Anti-Belle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Off the Record (Anti-Belle, #2)

Off the Record

(Anti-Belle #2)

Not even Nashville’s summer heat can match the sizzle of first love.

Nick Field's motto is "live free." The huge promotion at work is great, but producing a pop star's debut album isn't going to change his life or anything. There's always room for unwinding and having fun.

Mel Thomas works 24/7 as the media manager to America’s newest heartthrob. Building his image and
Published December 10th 2019 by Anti-Belle Books

To ask other readers questions about Off the Record, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off the Record

Start your review of Off the Record (Anti-Belle, #2)
JP
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG! I loved it! I love this authors writing. And I loved it. This was a great second book and it can be read as a stand-alone.
Things I loved:
• Nick (I’m in love)
• The chemistry
• The writing
• HEA
It broke my heart when Nick was in pain and I’m glad that’s over. I highly recommend this book.
I bought this book and all opinions are my own.
Felicia
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Off The Record by Skye McDonald is a contemporary second chance romance.

This is the second book in the Anti-Belle series that are standalone novels about sassy girls raised in the south that are learning to love themselves before they can claim their happily ever after.

I absolutely love Skye's books! She does an amazing job pulling you into the story. You can't help but fall in love with Melody and Nick.

I cannot wait until Nemesis is released next year!

I would highly recommend this book to
Sarah Smith
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG you guys! This book was an incredible follow-up to NSFW. Just as a head's up, you can read this as a standalone, you absolutely don't need to read NSFW before reading OTR, but I am in love with this whole series so I want to read every book Skye releases.

Off The Record is a steamy and emotional second chance romance between Nick, a Nashville record producer, and Mel, the social media guru for Jessie Storms, the hottest new pop star in the country. When Nick is assigned to produce Jessie's
Amelia Foster
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Off the Record is book 2 in the Anti-Belle series, but it can be read as a standalone if you haven't get gotten your hands on book 1 (which I highly recommend you do). I am going to attempt (but I make no promises) to contain all my gushing in this review because... guys... Nick is literally everything.

Don't believe me?

Listen, my man Nick has scruffy facial hair (and my love for facial hair is well known) and GLASSES (glasses are beyond sexy) and he plays music. Literally my catnip all rolled
Laurie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I very much enjoyed Skye McDonald's "Off the Record." I am generally a fan of second chance romances, and this story featured a good one. Both of the main characters, Nick and Melody, were well-developed and very likeable, and their chemistry was electric from the very beginning. The people around them, especially Mel's erstwhile boyfriend, Jesse, must have been completely blind not to have noticed Mel and Nick's attraction right away!

I really liked Mel and found the way her brain worked to be
Find The Lost Bookshelf
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review!

OMG! If I loved Not Suitable For Work this one is on another level!

Nick and Mel were high school sweethearts but after prom night never saw each other again.
Now ten years later they are reunited by chance. Nick is a music producer and Mel is his new client girlfriend and media manager.

Their chemistry is at sky high levels but is first love so powerful as everyone says? And if so, is love so fundamental that you should sacrifice your career for it?
Angela
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I think I found my new book boyfriend! I loved this story of past love being reunited and am so happy with how it ended. My emotions were everywhere as I read this book. I couldn't help but smile everytime Melody and Nick were together. At one point, which I won't spoil, my heart felt like it shattered into two. To only have it mended by the end. (Thank goodness)

I love Skye McDonald's writing style and her ability to make me feel the emotions of her characters. The characters and their
Jill Hart
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful sophomore release by McDonald, Off The Record is the story of record producer, Nick, and social media whiz/writer, Melody. Nick and Melody knew each other in high school and are thrown together when working on an album for an up-and-coming music phenom. When sparks fly, they both know they can't risk their careers to chase an old flame ... right?

McDonald's writing flows beautifully and her dialogue keeps me turning pages. I come to love her characters quickly, and it's fun to see
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just like Not Suitable for Work, I fell in love with the characters instantly. We of course know Nick from the previous book. But man oh man was a great to see more of him, and I loved the Nashville producing setting. The chemistry between Nick and Mel was off the charts, and I couldn’t put the book down. I’m also apparently all for the high school love 2nd chance romance these days too. Just like Twice in a Blue Moon, the way the story unfolds when you see yous HS love after 10+ years felt ...more
Lisa Book Stacks
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
book review :
This is the 2nd book in this series but a first for me. Set in the music scene in Nashville this is a great second chance romance .With great characters and the background of the music business it has it all and the perfect afternoon read. Looking forward to going back and reading book 1-before next book is out. Lisa (kindle unlimited)
Caro Acevedo
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book as much as the first did, I wasn't a fan of Melody, it took a lot to me understand her. So, yeah I read it and it was an ok read.
Nancy Mackenzie
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having read two of this author's books now, I can say that Skye McDonald knows how to pull you in! I already knew Nick from book 1, and Ben and Celeste play a great role here as secondary characters helping the mains in this story. The emotional build-up is gripping once again, and this makes the steamy scenes even more intense.
'This is the story of my story. How it ended, how it began, however you want to look at it. Pay attention to me now.' Well, I did, and it was absorbing - the writing
Kelsey Bollinger
Courtney Kinder
Dec 12, 2019
Daniel Morrell
Dec 13, 2019

• Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • His Royal Highness
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Kind of Cursed
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Roomies
  • My Favorite Half-Night Stand
  • They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Regretting You
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
Skye McDonald is the author of the Anti-Belle books, a contemporary romance series set in her hometown of Nashville, Tennessee. As an English teacher, a die-hard romantic, and a huge fan of Nashville’s hip new vibe, Skye’s Anti-Belle series are standalone novels about sassy GRITS (Girls Raised In the South) learning to love themselves before they can claim their happily ever after. (Spoiler: they ...more

Anti-Belle (3 books)
  • Not Suitable for Work (Anti-Belle #1)
  • Nemesis (Anti-Belle, #3)