Start by marking “You Are Mine” as Want to Read:
You Are Mine

You Are Mine

Rupert has spent years searching for his perfect wife. Now he’s found her.

Her name is Charlotte Aldridge and she’s wonderful. A talented artist, modest and beautiful, she’s everything he ever dreamed of. Her hair, her eyes, her mouth - every little detail is perfect.

Rupert is confident that when they meet, she’ll fall in love with him just as he has with her. After all, h
ebook
Published by Inkubator Books

To ask other readers questions about You Are Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Mine

Start your review of You Are Mine
Michelle
Jan 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For a thriller this was an awfully silly book. I love obsession/stalker tales (Thanks to you, Ms. Kepnes!) but this one was woefully lacking in the entertainment department.

If you can overlook the fat shaming and a posh British psychopath that converses with his penis named Percy then you may enjoy this more than I did. 1 star!

Thank you to NetGalley and Inkubator Books for providing me a digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Dash fan
5☆ One Word.... Unputdownable!

Wow oh wow! You Are Mine is a fantastic Psychological Thriller.
It's gritty, dark, thrilling and perfectly twisty.
It took just 1 day to get through It was Unputdownable!

Not sure how I'm going to write my review without giving anything away so I'll just briefly whizz over the gripping plot.

Charlotte is a fantastic artist and after a tragic heartbreak she has finally found her passion again.

When Rupert comes into her exhibition and buys three of her paintings, offeri
Linda Strong
4.5 STARS

Charlotte is still grieving the death of her fiancee. Rupert is looking for the perfect wife ...and Charlotte is his choice.

Rupert is wealthy, good looking and lures her into his web by offering her a job. She's an artist and he wants her to paint his portrait for the great estate that is his. Charlotte has reservations, but the money os good and she needs to get her life in gear again.

Rupert has himself convinced that he is in love with Charlotte ... after all, he's been following her
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Gripping, twisted and tense!

I whizzed through this fantastic novel. The plot intrigued me all the way and it was pure reading enjoyment.

What if your life changed and you had no control over it? Sinister plans and dark delusions swallowing your sanity?

Oh how there are characters to live and despise. Rupert, holy macaroni, what a hideous character you want to run from yet are fascinated by his complexities. He is one that will stay with me. Very well developed and placed in the plot.

If you love a
San
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I expected this story to be creepy stalker story with psychopatic main character and that's exactly what I got.
It was interesting reading but a pace of the book was a little slow and sometimes I was a little bored while waiting for something to happen. But it has some creepy moments that gave me some chills.
Tracy Fenton
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
When this book popped up on a Facebook group looking for bloggers to take part, I took me about 10 seconds to reply – “ME PLEASE, PICK ME!” and the lovely Emma Welton of Damppebblesblogtours responded immediately with a date and a copy of the book, which I downloaded and started straight away.

Firstly I need to confess that I absolutely LOVE psychopaths and the more twisted and delusional the better and Sir Rupert St John Baskerville Bt., JP of Sesame Hall, West Sussex is one absolutely bat-sh*t
Ruth Parker
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book was a bit silly. For a thriller, not much thrilling actually happened. It started off alright but it just dragged. It was ridiculous at times. It just seemed insane and I wasn’t too bothered about finishing it. Meh.
Joann
I don't get the hype about this book. It seemed like a lot of others I've read over the years. You have a crazed man living in a mansion who falls in love with a woman who reminds him of his first love. A lot of cloak and dagger type stuff and to me a little on the boring side. I think there are too many "writers" that are getting on the bandwagon and are just putting out mediocre novels. Most of them are sooooooooooo far removed from spine-tingling, heart stopping and absolutely addicting.!!
Shalini
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most scariest books I have ever read on a man's obsession for a woman.

Rupert saw Charlotte. Rupert wanted Charlotte. At any cost.

My third book by author Miranda Rijks, I gave to say this author is pretty scary in the way her mind could think up the dark scenes and write them. The book extremely easy to read, I could finish it in a couple of hours. The horror in the scenes kept rising as I turned the pages and I couldn't yet stop reading. I blame the author for putting me in a
Angela
Feb 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley, arc
This book has your typical kidnapped/Stockholm syndrome subject and I just really didn't find it keeping my attention, regretfully. I've read several books with this theme and frankly, I've seen it done better. I only read to the 63% point and flounced. There's just too many books out there for me to keep reading one I'm not enjoying, but I do want to say Thank you to netgalley for giving me the advanced PDF so that I can share my opinions with y'all. Tootles!
Neelam Babul
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the suspense in the story but it is not the best that I have read. It was an okay read for me.

Charlotte is still grieving the death of her fiancee. Rupert is looking for the perfect wife and Charlotte is his choice. Being a wealthy and good looking man, Rupert lures Charlotte into his web by offering her a job. Charlotte is an artist and he wants her to paint his portrait for the great estate that is his. Charlotte has reservations, but the money is good and she needs the money to pay h
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
You can read all my review on Blog - Books Teacup and Reviews

You Are Mine was creepy psychological thriller that had creepiest villain I ever read. It was about loveless and emotionless upbringing and its psychological effect, how it shapes a person, mindset of psychopath and mainly about limerence- extreme love obsession.

Writing was fantastic, gripping and fast paced. Setting of old mansion in Sussex with its vast property, hall of pictures, ball room and punishment room made the book even mo
Cynthia Rodrigues
Read Full & Detailed review: https://cynthology.blogspot.com/2019/...

All the chapters are in the first person present tense point of view of the character, except for the first chapter which is a prologue of sorts, and is in third person. This prologue shows us the cruel and slow poisoning to death of an unnamed woman by an unnamed man.
Alternate chapters are from the point of view of Charlotte, Rupert and a young French girl, Simone Durand who, in June 1994, was hired to be a resident French tea
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Wow this is one twisted read and is the stuff that nightmares are made of! From the creepy cover (which is perfect by the way!) to the title, to what the story is about, this book ticked all the boxes for me in what I love in a story in this genre and I couldn’t wait to get stuck into it. When I did, there was no stopping me and I devoured it in one sitting! Miranda had me hooked straight away. I was glued to the pages and on multiple occasions was holding my breath, biting my nails and breaking ...more
Aanandika
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
You Are Mine by Miranda Rijks is a spell binding thriller which I managed to read in a span of two days. I doubt if it would have taken me even that much time, had I not been a mother of two and a little unwell.

This is a story about obsessive love. Rupert, rather Sir Rupert has spent a long time, looking for a perfect woman to marry and eventually manages to find one. Now all that remains is to make her see how alike they are and make her realise that she has to love him completely with her hear
Natasha
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was different
Julie
Feb 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
What did I just read!? And what is with my dedication to finishing even the worst of books!? It was quick but painful..... Not much thriller, pretty predictable and even Charlotte wasn't the most likable character. A lot of good reviews of this author, maybe I'll give her another chance when I recover from the atrocity that was this book.
Helen Leecy
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read a Miranda Rijks book for a few months, and I’d forgotten what an amazing writer she is. I’d been reading some just ok books recently and really needed this refreshing and gripping Psychological Thriller.
It reminded me a little of ‘Gates of Paradise’ by V.C. Andrews whereby a girl is kept captive in a stately home, and there is incest involved. It only reminded me of this book (one of my favourites), but ‘You Are Mine’ had its own completely unique and enthralling story.
We meet Ch
Sarah Busch
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
It was meant to be a thriller, I think. I didn’t find a lot of suspense in the plot line. I liked Charlotte and her sister Jodi but that was all. I feel the book could have been improved by adding a mystery or twist, including secondary characters, and not having such a high body count.
Janice Lombardo
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Commissioned for a portrait painting (for 20,000 pounds), Charlotte drives 6 hours to Sir Rupert's mansion.
Rupert has been in love with Charlotte for a year and a half. Charlotte has no designs whatsoever on Rupert or his money. However, Rupert can be quite persistent.....

Fast-paced suspense story with some very entertaining characters.

A good read!

Many Thanks to Inkubator Books and NetGalley for a very good read.
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Kasey ♥
**Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.**

I went into reading "You Are Mine" expecting a stereotypical thriller where a naive woman falls in love with a guy that puts her in a situation that is "too good to be true." I certainly was not disappointed that Miranda Rijks delivers exactly that concept; however, the execution is poor.

Charlotte, or Charlie, is just flat out dumb. Rupert is a literary exaggeration of a posh Brit. The whole sit
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I didn't really like it, although if this seems like a book for you, it is a pretty quick read and not too difficult.

Rupert is a rich, handsome, member of the gentry, Charlotte is a broke, grieving, beautiful artist. Could her visit to his country estate to paint his portrait end in wedding bells? It will if Rupert has anything to say about it.

Overall, I think You did this better, getting in the head of a horrible man and how he thinks about the object of his obsession. It was a
MarylineD
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is far from the first time I read this brilliant author. I think this was my 5th book and it won't be the last!

Always well written and well developed storyline and plot with strong characters you love or hate or hate to love. In this book I did kind of love the bad guy, Rupert, I found him touching yet crazy.

This was dark and creepy and I loved it. Talk about obsessive love!

What I really liked :
I'm always into Miranda's stories right away, I'm hooked from page one and don't want to put i
Julie Morris
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by Miranda Rijks and I still haven’t decided whether I will be reading another or not yet because this one completely creeped me out and I’m still trying to wrap my head around the mind which managed to produce something so disturbing.

This book revolves around Rupert, a wealthy aristocrat who is on the look out for the perfect wife to complete his otherwise perfect life. He is convinced he has found her in the shape of artist, Charlotte, and he is sure she will fall in love
Suesyn Zellmer
Sep 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I approached this story with a pretty good idea what it was going to be like and I wasn't disappointed. Like most of this author's stories, it revolves around a controlling man and his reluctant love interest. This time, the male villain, Rupert, is incredibly obsessed with Charlotte and extremely creepy. She is quite adamant that she has no feelings for him and he's determined to change her mind. She meets him at an art showing of hers where he buys multiple paintings and proposes that she come ...more
Anne Carty
Shelves: arcs, read-in-2019
You are mine was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I hadn’t planned on reading this book but Emma needed some extra people to read and review this book so I raised my hand and boy am I glad. This book was so creepy!

We follow four perspectives Charlotte, Rupert, Simone and Jodi across a dual timeline. Rupert is the main focus within this story as we follow him both as a teenager through Simone’s perspective and Rupert in present day.

You are mine
Debra
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author, and the reviews were pretty good, so I gave it a try. I was not disappointed. I will admit, for me the story started out a little slow, but held my interest enough to keep me reading. It really didn't take long for things to start picking up. Charlotte is an up and coming artist, with some confidence issues, and she is still grieving the death of her fiance, when Rupert comes along. Rupert is rich with an old world class about himself. When Rupert ...more
« previous 1 3 next »