Start by marking “Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)

Bad Alibi

(Redemption #1)

You met Cannon Banks in Out of the Darkness. Now he gets his own story in the first book of a brand new series!
Published January 2020

To ask other readers questions about Bad Alibi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Alibi

Start your review of Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
Vintage
Heroine hears hero having sex with another woman and is still insanely, knee-knocking attracted to him.

This is romance?

I'm sorry, but I simply have no time for this kind of bull shit malarkey.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead, 1.5* for the cover and some of the secondary characters

The blurb says.............
Love and commitment were the last things on his mind . . . until he locked eyes with a woman across a crowded bar, and everything changed in a heartbeat.

I say LIES!
He locked eyes with her but love and commitment still weren't on his mind because he had sex with OW

It's 2020 and there's still absolutely nothing new here!

h is raped and leaves her old life behind to move to Redemption
Gets a job at the t
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: January 13, 2020
Actual Rating: 5+ stars

Sweet Romance | Small Town Romance

Bad Alibi by Jessica Prince is a sweet, small town romance. This is my first foray in Jessica’s books, and I am THRILLED I decided to take a chance on a new author. This book is pure perfection. If you’ve read any of the authors previous books, then I have to say LUCKY YOU! Experiencing her books are like falling in love for the first time. I wish I started reading her from the beginning because I can te
Zita
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adored almost everything about this story! Makes me wanna go to meet these guys.
One of the best small town stories.
Dora Koutsoukou
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 💖💖💖💖🌟s❣️

Such an enjoyable romance read, with engaging characters and intriguing plot.
Farah and Cannon were a wonderful couple and their story captured my interest.
I am looking forward for the next story of this series❣️
Somia
Farah Highland was raised with more money than most people could ever dream of, but she only felt accepted and loved from her brother and the family driver who has been more of a parent to her than her biological parents, who have disowned her for daring to live her life based on her own decisions. Determined to start living for herself, Farah cuts ties with the past and moves to the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. Notorious town playboy, Cannon Banks grew up living a life encased with love an ...more
Reading
First things first

I hate one starring a Jessica Prince book. I considered a two star "It's okay" but decided against it.

Bad Alibi was full of tired and overused tropes, themes, and devices. It was also reminiscent of earlier JP books with the same tired, overused tropes, themes, and devices.

Strengths: Great cover. Engaging writing style. Ingenue wasn't too ingenue

Weaknesses: Already listed elsewhere on this review

Note to Authors:
The manwhore/ingenue pairing is as ridiculous as it is overdone.
Lu Bielefeld
3 ⭐⭐⭐ - OK decent reads.
============================

Similar story to Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain #2) by Kristen Ashley .
Heroine starts new life in town, makes real friends, works in a bar, and our hero is a manwhore whose she sees and hears having sex with another woman in the same Inn she's staying in. He has doubts because she has money and he thinks they won't work. She is dealing with trauma and the results of an attack.
Nothing new, but I like the style similar to KA's.
Emily
Farah Highland grew up with all the money in the world as well as all the strings attached to it. After an incident has her reevaluating what she wants in life and decides to break ties with everyone but her brother and the only man she looks up to who worked for her family. She heads to the Smoky Mountains and finds a home for herself. Not wanting to sit idly she gets a job as a waitress at Bad Alibi where she sees Cannon Banks.

Cannon has the reputation of a player, he beds women and moves onto
BookSmackedMel
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I’m going to start of my year with a five star read, it seems fitting that it’s from Jessica Prince because she’s never fails to suck me into her worlds.

Bad Alibi is the start of a brand new series with brand new characters. You could say it’s a spin off from her Hope Valley series which also happens to be my fav series of hers to date. The redemption series might just challenge that however.

Bad Alibi checks off all my must haves when it comes to romance. With a smoking hot hero who’s got th
April Symes
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Alibi is the book 1 in The Redemption series by Jessica Prince. This is a spin-off of The Hope Valley series and it's set in a small biker town. This is Farah and Cannon's story.
Without giving anything away, this is such a complex, emotional, endearing, beautiful, sizzling, intense, amazing, sweet story that will have you rooting for the main characters in this read. There is some crossover from the Hope Valley series/characters but this is a new series and a standalone. It's amazing and I
Izzie d
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Dawn
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a Jessica Prince book I have the same feeling...it's a mixture of belonging and wanting that is so strong it seriously takes over and I devour the story. Every. Time. What also happens is wanting to scream from the rooftops that EVERYONE should read Ms. Prince's books. I can't explain how I melt into the comfort of her words. The stories unfold in a way that connects me so intimately with each experience, each character, with such a sense of strength and conviction I just fall ...more
Island Girl Romance Reads
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bad Alibi is the first book in The Redemption series.
This is a spin-off of The Hope Valley series (one of my favorite series) and after reading the first book I know this series is going to be my favorite too.

Farah Highland is in Redemption to start a new life. Growing up her insanely rich parents were cold and cruel. She’s leaving everything behind to start living for herself.
Love Farah’s character. She was strong but also very sweet.

We met Cannon Banks in Out of Darkness.
He’s a playboy and l
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
Who doesn’t love a woman who stands up for herself and is bound and determined to make it on her own? I know I sure do!

Farah Highland has lived in a gilded cage, though she’s been trying to buck against her upbringing her entire life. And she’s finally taken the steps she’s needed to break away from the hypocrisy and poisonous lifestyle her parents tried to force upon her. She’s broken free and is determined to live a happy, better life than whatever was planned for her. She’s making her own de
Izzie d
Mari
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bad Alibi kicks off a brand new series from Jessica Prince. This time it's a small biker town setting, Farah Hyland is starting over, she never liked the lifestyle of her upbringing. Even as privileged as she was, she didn't care for it. She also had a traumatic event that pushed to her to live as she wants. Coming into town she buys this old run down house that she deems a fixer upper. When she walks into Bad Alibi bar that has a job opening she sees it as a sign. I was interested so far where ...more
MiDouradoP
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A new series to deeply love!

It's incredible the power this author has to hook and enchant the reader.
She is a true story teller and her characters are potent and adicting.

This is the first book in a series of standalone. Kind of like Hope Valley series, featuring a small town (Redemption), adorable, funny and loyal citizens, lots of love and chemistry and a dash of suspense.

In this book, we get the story of Cannon (we've met him in Out Of The Darkness) and Farah.

In paper, they could be polar opp
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
Bad Alibi by Jessica Prince
“A fresh start, 5 stars”

Farah came to Redemption for a fresh start. She grew up hearing stories of the town so when she decided to leave her old life it seemed like the place to go. All she wants to do is work to keep her hands busy, restore her house, and find out who she is and what she likes. What she didn’t expect was Cannon. Will she take a risk on him when love isn’t exactly on her radar?
Cannon had always been told when you know you know. Well he knew he wanted F
Shershez
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Prince has done it again! Easiest 5 stars I’ve ever given. I absolutely adored Cannon and Farah’s story. You get all the feels while reading this book. I laughed. I cried. I yelled.

We first meet Cannon in Out of the Darkness. Cannon comes off as your typical alpha - sexy & sinful - but turns out he just hasn’t met the right woman to bring him to his knees.

I LOVED Farah’s character! She went through a traumatic experience that should have made her weak and untrusting. Instead, she came
Peggy M
Let me start by saying that if you have read and enjoyed the ‘Hope Valley’ series of this writer than you will love this story ‘Bad alibi’ (and the new series ‘Redemption’) too! It has the same vibe to it as the ‘Hope Valley’ series. You don’t have to read the ‘Hope Valley’ series first to read this book.

I discover this writer (Jessica Prince) through the ‘Hope Valley’ series and it’s one of my favourite series. So I was very looking forward to her new series ‘Redemption’ and especially the firs
Jessica Prince
Dec 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine, my-books
1-Click Bad Alibi here

description
Kahea

***5 Stars***

After meeting Cannon and company in Out of the Darkness, I was crossing my toes that we’d get to see them again. So to say I was all kinds of excited when the Redemption series was announced AND that Cannon was up on the chopping block of love first, is an understatement. I was THRILLED and this book does not disappoint. It hit all my romance buttons in best of ways and has given me a whole new set of characters to get to know!

Farah and Cannon. I adored these two. Farrah is stro
Sunny Shelly Reads
Oh, wow, another great series starts from Jessica Prince! Bad Alibi is book #1 in the Redemption series, a spin-off of the Hope Valley series. We first met Cannon in Out Of The Darkness, as he's Sage's ex/best friend from her hometown.

Farrah is a Connecticut socialite who sets out to make a new life for herself after a brutal, life-changing incident. She left behind her uptight parents and cheating ex-fiancé, escaping to the small Tennessee town that her family's driver Bennett (and father figu
Ri
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is a reason that I adore this author, and this book is just an example of why. It is a spinoff of the Hope Valley series, which if someone hasn't read it then they need to asap. I loved that series but have a funny feeling that this one is going to beat that one. This book has all of the things that this author is known for; strong characters, great plot, just the right amount of steam, and secondary characters that make this feel like family.

Cannon was first introduced in Xander and Sage'
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cannon is the BEST kind of main man to read about. This guy is the definition of alpha, strong and independent. My gosh, if you cannot tell I totally have a crush on the guy! Farrah is pretty awesome herself, walking away from the only life she ever knew and settling in Redemption to change everything- super commendable. This leading lady is not a shrinking wallflower, she is strong and giving and deserves the best-- Cannon sees this as well....

AHHH, I have always liked Jessica Prince and this i
Dawn Herring
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Prince is without a doubt one of my favorite authors because she has earned my trust. By that, I mean that I can count on her to write about genuinely likeable characters, create a world in which I am quickly and thoroughly immersed, and tell a story in a captivating and efficient way such that I don't EVER find myself skimming. I was genuinely worried about this new series because I don't read motorcycle club books for a very specific reason (that I will keep to myself), and I wasn't su ...more
Kaity B
3 stars

Nothing too memorable about this book, it was middle of the road. The writing though did keep me engaged the whole time. I didn't really find a lull while reading which was a perk.

I think that the quickness of their relationship really turned me off to the story, I don't like insta love... only in MC, which this hinted at them being in a biker town, but there was nothing else that said MC romance which I was bummed about.

I also hated when Farah started calling Cannon "honey" I don't kn
Nancy Metsch
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy COW!!!!

This book was EVERYTHING!!!!! I don't know who made me swoon more. Cannon o Jace, They are boith amazing guys and Farah is one very lucky lady to have them both. That being said Farah is beyond awesome herself. I truly loved her.
As the old saying goes money cannot buy you happiness, It just doesn't work that way. With giving any spoilers Farah learned that lesson the hard way. But the best part is that she came out on the other side shining bright then any star in the sky
Fiona Fog
Second Chance.

I shouldn’t have favourites but I think this one may do it, I loved the storyline and the characters.

It was easy to read. You couldn’t help but be pulled emotionally into the story and the subject matter.

Farah kicked ass and took names. Sweet and genuinely nice, her move to start over was a long time coming but after all she’d been through she sure as heck made the right choice.

Cannon has a reputation, he’s never hid it but he’s also never been an ass about it. He’s upfront and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hearts and Thorns
  • His Deadly Darling
  • An Old-Fashioned Man (Old Fashion Man, #1)
  • His Old-Fashioned Love (Old-Fashioned Man #5)
  • Two Old-Fashioned Men (Old Fashioned Man #2)
  • Fashion Jungle
  • Winner Takes All (Checkmate #7)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard #5)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Defending Chloe (Mountain Mercenaries, #2)
  • Hitman's Prey
  • Forgiving Keven
  • Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls. #2)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Passages (Kings of Guardian #12.5)
  • She's the One (Castile Family #4)
  • Make Me Yours
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Redemption (4 books)
  • Crazy Beautiful (Redemption, #2)
  • Bittersweet (Redemption #3)
  • Guilty Pleasure (Redemption #4)