Start by marking “The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)

The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings

(Black and Blue #1)

Levi Black is at a crossroads. After suffering a loss and breaking up a long-term relationship, hes looking for a change. When he receives the news hes inherited a house in York, he seizes the opportunity to begin a new chapter in his life.

However, when he gets there, he finds a house that has never kept its occupants for very long. Either through death or
Published November 14th 2019

Start your review of The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
☆ Todd
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was such a fun story, with loads of intrigue and digging up the past, sometimes quite literally.

London resident and recently-single Levi needed a major life change, so after his partner cheated, he moved to York to fix up a (HAUNTED MURDER!!!) house that he'd recently inherited.

Then, as Levi began to realize the he was indeed the proud owner of a haunted murder house, that gave him the perfect opportunity to finally approach his blue-haired cutie crush, who led the local ghost tour, to ask
Wendy

I am gonna be honest here and say that so far 2019 has been a bit of a let down bookwise... Especially when it comes to the mm genre, I wasn't as blown away as I was the previous years. You know who absolutely didn't let me down? Lily Morton !! She wrote some pretty awesome books and I have to say that this book, it took the cake and it will definitely go on my "Top Reads of 2019" list.

like a boss gif - Google zoeken

Levi is moving to York, where he has inherited a house from some far-away family member. It actually comes at
Judith

This was a pleasant surprise.Something very different from Lily Morton.Ghosts,things that go bump in the night,a plot that had me guessing and hanging on every word to get to the end and a blossoming romance between two highly likeable men.

Levi is ready for a fresh start after the end of a long term relationship.Moving from London to a new house in York he's inherited seems like the perfect solution.The house is in serious need of renovation and straight away the reader is pulled into it's
Jilly
A ghost story is usually not my bag at all. Maybe because I have absolutely zero belief in ghosts. But, after reading this book, I can say with all honesty that I still don't believe in ghosts. And, I'm not going to be adding a "ghosts" book shelf to my goodreads shelves either.

Eh. Not so much. Sorry dudes.

But I liked the book!
It was a cute romance between a guy named Blue who gave ghost tours, and a guy named Levi who inherited a haunted house. The perfect combo! It was kismet!

So beautiful.

Levi
Cadiva
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Two things:

1 - If this hadn't been written by Lily Morton I would never have read it as I don't really do ghosts and ghouls any more.

2 - It was set in York, a city that was almost a second home to me in my younger days and which I love, living as I do only 35 miles away.

So, the book. As you can probably tell by my rating and where I've shelved it, I absolutely LOVED it. Lily is without doubt one of my absolute favourite authors, and this had all the hallmarks I'd expect from her, but it was also
Diana
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Spooky Stars

I should start off by saying that I am a wimp. This book was spooky as hell and had me freakin out several times. However, that did not stop me from enjoying the story of Levi and Blue.

Levi Black inherits an old house and there are rumors that there is a big mystery surrounding the house. Levi ask the only person he thinks can help, a ghost tour operator, Blue Billings. Slowly, a relationship develops, even though Blue is struggling with a heartbreaking past. Meanwhile, scary
Snjez
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. It totally exceeded my expectations.

It was different, refreshing and so well-written. I could literally visualize everything happening in the story and every place mentioned. I loved the characters, the setting, the storyline. The balance between romance and mystery was just about perfect.

I can't say who I adored more, Levi or Blue. Both equally, I guess. They are my favourite type of characters. Levi is a sweetheart, Blue is a bit prickly, but both of them are blunt,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Solid 4 stars!

This was a bit of a departure from Lily Morton's norm. Still had her trademark humor/banter.

I don't often read paranormal, but it's nice for a change.

I found the story-line interesting and intriguing. I liked both MCs. There wasn't any un-necessary drama. There was some nice steam.

All in all an enjoyable, recommended read and I'm looking forward to seeing where this series goes.
Susan
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ghosts, mm

While I liked this, this wasnt the best ghost story Ive ever read.

I was really into this and really loved the guys. But then ghost stuff started happening and the storyline started to make no sense at all. I like a little logic in my ghost stories, and that was sorely missing here.

If I read a ghost story I need some explanation about how the ghost(s) can be defeated. And if there is a sense of urgency, I need an explanation as to why things need to happen fast. But here I got neither.

Lisazj1
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a damn decent ghost story. For me, genuine creepiness is extremely difficult to do on page but Lily Morton succeeded admirably here. In addition, she really kept me guessing *though I really should have gotten it* as to what was behind the haunting, and why.

The romance was honestly secondary for me. I didn't feel much of a connection to the characters, though I did enjoy both Blue and Levi and was happy with how the story turned out for them. (view spoiler)
Rachel
5 Stars

Spooky, sweet, and sexy! I loved this fantastic mix of mystery and romance, with Morton's trademark humor and sass. I have the biggest soft spot in my heart for her snarky characters who have a deep streak of vulnerability inside. They deserve all the warm cuddles and hugs by their love interests. I wish I lived close to Levi and Blue; wouldn't they make amazing friends?!

Thank you, Lily Morton, for stepping outside of your norm and treating us to this fabulous Gothic delight. I loved it!

M.I.A
What a surprisingly delicious book.
Shame on me for hesitating despite all the raving reviews.
Definitely something so unlike the Lily Morton work I'm used to but still her signature style is ever present. Her characters aways pull at my heart strings, and it's the same here with Blue and Levi.
The terrifying presence in Levi's home definitely gave me the chills.
I'm quite certain that I now believe in ghosts 🤦♀

I really loved Blue & Levi. They fit together so perfectly.

Blue desperately
Vanna
4.5 Scared-out-of-my-mind-but-still-loved-it STARS!! 😱😱😍😍
I wasn't expecting such a scary book when I picked it up, but this was dark and very spooky in places. Definitely unlike anything I have read by this author. Nevertheless it was well written and despite the fact that the steam level was low in this book, the slow burn between the MCs and the sweet chemistry between them made up for it. Highly recommended!! 👍👍
haletostilinski
I love Lily Morton and I loved this.

It's different than her usual romance book and I absolutely loved it. I loved how she was able to deviate from her norm so well but still keep the romance as wonderful as she usually does - with some humor here and there, even if it was less than usual with what was going on in this book.

Having watched The Haunting of Hill House and having been thoroughly freaked out and scared shitless by that show, reading this reminded me greatly of the show - but with
Princess under cover
I had the most gruesome dream in recent memory BEFORE i started this book. Strangely the scenes could have been from the book, of a woman getting her eyes gouged out and running bloody streaks from her face by a mad man who leapt around like Spider-Man (the latter is not in the book).

Anyway, seems like I was psychologically preparing myself for reading this then.

It was good. I liked the slow build romance between Levi and Blue. Blue reminds me of another tortured hero with somewhat similar
Fabi

Ghost stories are not really my thing since I have a hard time keeping my eyes from rolling out of my head. But I was hoping for a good Lily Morton story and she delivered with this one. I adored every character I met. I enjoyed a slow burn romance story without the usual breakup scene and I'm looking forward to more of these two lovely men.
W.
Black and Blue

description
Before reading The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (A Black and Blue Novel Book 1) , I would have not associated Lily Morton with Paranormal , Ghosts , mystery , but now I certainly do!

The Shambles, York , England description

From the moment I read the blurb , wanted to read this book. Yet, I was a bit apprehensive. You see, I loved all the other books I read by this author and just didn't know , if this new series, would live to my expectation or /and liking.

Blue Billings description

But
Sanaa
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5-4.75 stars.

Trust what your head and heart say if they speak together. Ignore society and other peoples opinions and do what you know to be right.

This was such a good read. Someone slap me for waiting this long to read a Lily Morton book. It's different from what she normally writes but it might be one of her best work yet. I absolutely loved the ghost aspect of this book, it was such a good spin to the story.

I loved how well it all flowed together. I loved the characters, they were so
Elsbeth
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

This was so much fun. Creepy af but I enjoyed Blue and Levi inmensely. Curious what their next adventures will be.

And.. I've learned to keep salt at hand huh?

description
Chris
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this SO much ... it was warm, sweet and just a bit creepy ! It had me listening for noises and creaks in the house - Jesus - thats when I knew it was good !!Blue was a beautiful character and Levi was perfect for him, they gave all the things each other was missing. Really enjoyed this ❤ ...more
Eugenia
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AUDIOBOOK Nov 2020:
AMAZING performance by Joel Leslie!I fell in live with Blue and York all over again ❤❤. I definitely enjoyed the audiobook more than the book 👏👏 +.5 Stars. Blues character REALLY SHONE through Joel Leslies interpretation and I found him perfectly imperfect! Loved it!

Original EBOOK Review Dec 2019:
Spooky, creepy, and fun! 😱😱😱😱

This ghost story was a departure from the typical Lily Morton romances. But I enjoyed it!

It took me awhile to warm up to the characters, Levi and Blue
Lelyana
Boo...!

I can't even read this one at night, LOL.

When I thought Lily Morton only writes fun adorable funny romantic books, then this book came from her, and I was like...damn this woman can write and I'm easily craving for her every book.
The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings is a spooky scary story about murder ghosts in York and I couldn't wait to go there someday. LOL.
This book I believe could fulfill ghosts and paranormal fans out there, with all the ghosts, the mysterious things, and the
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. I loved the whole Ghost Whisperer type vibe and I absolutely loved the setting and all the history. York and the "Murder House" were like secondary characters in the story and I enjoyed reading about both as much as I enjoyed Levi and Blue.

And I really loved Levi and Blue. I loved the kind of person Levi was, I loved his honestly and just how good he was because we should all be good, no other reason just that he was. Blue's sort of story always gets to me no matter how
Lost in a Book
4.25ish Dont read at night Stars

Wtfffff where did all these creepy ass ghosts come from Lily? I chose this thinking it would be full of snark, funny ghosts, some suspense, and main characters having a merry ol time. Yeah nah! This was creepy AF, and I was unable to read it at night because #wimp. However, this nightmare inducing read was done really well even if its worlds away from my other favorites she has written.

Grab your snuggie and buckle up because theres a serial killer ghost on the
Leslie
Salt, he says indignantly, his voice rising. Are you going to fucking cook him? I shake my head, flipping the top off. I saw it on Supernatural. Dean and Sam shoot it at ghosts. Oh well, by all means lets pin our survival on fictional characters in a TV programme.

So. Lily Morton has written something new and unlike any of her previous novels. It's deliciously spooky.

Although 2019 has been a year of mostly reading romance for me, in past years I've read quite a bit of horror, suspense and
Rachel
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, 2020-tbr
Loved this!

15/9/20 - WOWOWOWOOW the audio is shamazing!
Cristina
This was a really satisfying Halloween read!

I've loved the plot and the creepy atmosphere of the tortuous and dark sidestreets of York, the looming Minster and the endlessly fascinating Shambles. The sense of a ghostly world moving behind a very thin veil is conveyed by Lily Morton with convincing touches - a shadow, a flicker, a noise.

The main characters are both delightful. Levi is a bit of a knight in shining armour, steadfast, honest, sincere and seeing him playing off against Blue's
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
DNF at 26%. I started skimming cuz this is so slow and nothing was happening. I skipped giant chucks of 50-100 pages at a time and things started happening with the ghosts but I just didnt care. I gave up and skipped to the last page. Completely out of context I could tell it had a HFN but I didnt care to find out more.

I will admit I made a huge mistake in thinking this was historical because of the cover. My bad! I read the blurb but I assumed everything mentioned in it was still happening in

• Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Deception in Darkness (In Darkness #3)
  • P.S. I Spook You
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • The Rat-Catcher's Daughter (Lilywhite Boys, #0.5)
  • Raven's Hart (Haven Hart Universe #7)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Love Bites (Thicker Than Water #1)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Gilded Cage (Lilywhite Boys #2)
  • Counter Culture
  • Bite Me, Santa
Lily is a bestselling gay romance author.

She lives in sunny England with her husband and two children, all of whom claim that they haven't had a proper conversation with her since she got her Kindle.

She has spent her life with her head full of daydreams, and decided one day to just sit down and start writing about them. In the process she discovered that she actually loved writing because how else

News & Interviews

“I think people’s opinions get better the deader a person is.” 1 likes
“We’re done. I can’t bear all these endless post-mortems. Just bury the carcass of our relationship and move on.” 0 likes