Start by marking “Every New Year (Love At Last, #1)” as Want to Read:
Every New Year (Love At Last, #1)

Every New Year

(Love At Last #1)

When Ezra Posner was eighteen, he met Candace Garret and fell in love.

When Candace met Ezra, she instantly knew he was the boy for her.

In the middle of their first year at college, Candace and Ezra share a clumsy kiss that should have been the beginning of an epic love affair, but it's not. Instead, it begins a nearly two-decade journey of never quite getting the
Published December 31st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Every New Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every New Year

Start your review of Every New Year (Love At Last, #1)
Jazmen
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
It shouldn't be surprising to my long-time followers/readers that I loved another Katrina Jackson novel. If you're new here, welcome to the fandom.

'Every New Year', is by far one of Katrina Jackson's most revealing novels to date. There were no holds barred on the emotional, angst part of this novel. There is so much push and pull that you want to knock the two character's heads together, or at least force them into a room together until they work out their differences.

'Every New Year' centers
Sharonda Isadora
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Updated Review
This review will also be posted to my blog on 1/2/2020.

I truly enjoyed this story but I’m gonna tell ya’ll Candace worked my damn soul, lols. Let’s get into Every New Year by Katrina Jackson.

Both Candace and Ezra have loved and low key stalked one another since their college days. They just could never expressed said love for one another in voice. Sure…puppy dog eyed looks, jumping to conclusions about how the either might have felt, missed social cues… sure all of that. But to
Geri Reads
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars to this sweet and emotional read! <3
Rilzy Adams
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly engaging

Did the lead characters frustrate the neck out of me? Yes. Did I often want to smack them (mostly Candace) - also, yes. However, books cannot be judged on whether or not we agree with the characters behavior all of the time - it is whether the author propels you to root for them and read on, anxious to see how things play out.
I loved this book! You should def give it a shot . Cannot wait for the next two in the series!
Jhen
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an ARC and I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! There were times I definitely wanted to beat our hero and heroine over the head but their shy and awkward love story made me beam with happiness at the end.

Ezra and Candace are both people who were unable to get their sh*t together for a long time (like so many of us are) and I appreciated how real they both were. I also loved the side characters in this and their genuine and patient coaxing to help Canzra/Ezdace (no? Okay) flourish
Turtleberry
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me in my feelings. I wanted to shake both characters so many different times during the story.

I said four stars at first but upped it to five because the book is still kinda sitting with me in my brain.

Great frustrated love story.
Xan West
Content Warnings (view spoiler)

Every New Year is an angsty friends to lovers billionaire romance full of pining and heat, and I adored it. These characters could not get out of their own way to save their lives, and yet I kept on rooting for them to figure it out.

Read my full review on my blog.
natalie
Legit tearing up as I finish reading this. WOW...what a beautifully written book! So sweet and heartbreaking but we get to the HEA and *clutches chest* Kat did that y'all.

The book is all about Ezra and Candace's relationship over New Years Eve spanning several years. 18 years. How their friendship came to be, how it moved into them becoming intimate and hooking up every new year's eve but it going no further than that. Them never admitting their mutual pining and being in love. like damn this
b.andherbooks
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A slow-burn, simmering friends-to-lovers tale spanning decades, with our lovers first hooking up on New Years Even, then again and again on this holiday of hopes and expectations. Candace and Ezra's friendship is tested by both their fear of telling the other how they really feel and their diverging paths, as one goes on to become a billionaire and the other tries to chase their dream but finds themselves having to pick a different career once life gets a bit too real.

I adored how Jackson danced
Beth P
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-e-book
Candace and Ezra have been friends (with some NYE benefits) for 18 years. They’ve also been in love with each other.

Unrequited love and pining are catnip for me, but the friends-to-lovers trope can be tricky to pull off in a satisfying way. You have to make me truly believe that the characters couldn’t get themselves together for however many years. Katrina Jackson made me believe and I loved every minute of it.

Presented in a (slightly) non-sequential timeline (trust me, it works), we see the
Hannah Lee
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided for honest review, thank you Katrina!*

I started reading Every New Year during an impromptu trip to Norway with my sister in the week or so before Christmas. On our flight home, I was actually sat next to a really attractive guy wearing a tracksuit and attempting to read a really boring looking tennis guide who looked over and smiled a couple times. I fell asleep (it was early morning) but woke up before the end to read. Of course it so happened that the page I picked up from was
Angsty slow burn goodness

Content notes:
(view spoiler)

This is such an achingly sweet story of two people who love each other but keep missing the time to confess their feelings. In a lot of ways, they get in their own way because of insecurities
Essie M
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This might be my favorite Katrina Jackson book to date! I was lucky/blessed enough to receive an ARC and this exceeded all my expectations and they were already high!

The hero is socially awkward and I loved him! The heroine doesn’t see how awesome she is and I related to her a lot. This romance feels real and contemporary and I was rooting for them like they were my real life friends!

This is book one in this series and I’m eagerly awaiting the next. I’ll also probably re-read this on NYE in
Ansela Corsino
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*no spoilers*

I may have cried a bit in some places in this book. The romance is so heartwrenching and lovely. It’s kind of a slow-burn romance — not something I particularly like, but as the whole thing is told in various new year’s eves in a span of 18 years, it was more my taste. There’s lots of yearning — totally my jam— that is just so pure and exquisite. Candace and Ezra are well-rounded characters, and I couldn’t help rooting for them both.

(I got an ARC from the author, no strings
Cheryl Johnson
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Through the years

A very sensual tale of Candace and Ezra. From the first meeting to the last. An outstanding book. Can not wait for Mei and Miles. I enjoyed the college years.
Maz Hedgehog
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The angst

I knew there'd be a HEA. Of course there'd be a HEA. But Katrina had me fully doubting it the whole way.
I absolutely cannot cope with how gorgeous and angsty this book is, or how utterly oblivious her protags are.
I love it
Penelope
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
they were too damn old to take the majority of the book to get together and 20 years of never realizing the other was in love with them was not believable. but it was still a well written book with cute leads.

and the epilogue did excite me for the 2nd book in this series.
Amanda Mae
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word. I LOVE Katrina’s books and this absolutely did not disappoint. I was squee-ing and gasping and enjoying the whole ride of Candace and Ezra. Both are darling and lovable characters you just gotta root for. I am so excited to read the next installment!
caireads
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
oh my gally! this is a perfect read for a new year holiday.
Adrien Julious
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When offered the opportunity to read the ARC of this book I wondered how the author was going to manage a story that jumps in plot from year to year in a fresh and interesting way and Katrina Jackson knocks it out of the park. The structure she uses allows readers to follow the characters during their yearly ritual without bogging us down with backstory or losing us and leaving us asking, "How did we get here?"

5 Stars and I can't wait for the next book in the series. Read if you too love love
Carole V Bell
Jan 02, 2020

• A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • Press Rewind: An Equilibrium Short
  • Plus One: An Equilibrium Short
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Bittersweet (Equilibrium Novella)
  • Grounded for Christmas
  • Man vs. Durian (Baldwin Village, #3)
  • Equivalent Exchange (Night Shift)
  • Unbuttoning the CEO (The Suits Undone #1)
  • The Paradox Effect (Vol. 1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Getting Schooled (The Wright Brothers, #1)
  • The Changeup (New Beginnings Book 1)
  • Grumpy Jake
Katrina is a seasoned spinster with an active imagination, a love of romcoms and a keenly critical nature. She's a college professor by day who writes romances by...weekend. Right now she also happens to be on summer vacation. She enjoys yogurt, sparkling water and her three cats, who don't appreciate her love.

Love At Last (2 books)
  • One More Valentine (Love At Last, #2)