Start by marking “Fields' Guide to Fog (The Poppy Fields Adventures)” as Want to Read:
Fields' Guide to Fog (The Poppy Fields Adventures)

Fields' Guide to Fog

(Poppy Fields Adventures #4)

It isn’t easy having Hollywood’s biggest, brightest star for a mother—especially when her Russian oligarch boyfriend has been kidnapped. When Poppy Fields flies to London to be with her mother, she finds nothing but fog, danger, and phenomenal shopping.

Too bad half the city wants Poppy dead, and she has no idea why.

The odds against her are high, the menace is real, and if
Published September 30th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Fields' Guide to Fog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fields' Guide to Fog

Start your review of Fields' Guide to Fog (The Poppy Fields Adventures)
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Poppy Fields’ is back and she and “Thor” are fighting crime across the pond and her feisty Chihuahua is along for the ride too. When Poppy receives a call from her mother telling her that her rich Russian oligarch boyfriend, Yurgi has been abducted she wastes no time getting there. Yurgi’s son Vincent is handling the money issues if a ransom demand comes through. Chariss wants her daughter Poppy on hand to do what she is quickly becoming famous for – catching the criminals. Th
Rosemary Standeven
As always, Julie Mulhern has written a very enjoyable, rip-roaring adventure with loads of humour, excitement and haute couture. However, I didn’t enjoy this book quite as much as the previous Poppy Fields books. I think that was because it was set in my home city of London, and there were one or two problems I had with the story-line that would probably not annoy anyone else. I know, this is in the same sort of realm as James Bond, and we never expect any kind of realism in his films/book etc. ...more
Jeanie Jackson
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-read-2019, suspense
Fields' Guide to Fog was soooo good. The action-packed forth novel in the Poppy Fields Adventures kept me awake from the moment I started the book at midnight until the end! How can life or death be so much fun? I have to admit that one of the things I like is that even though there are many bodies per chapter, Poppy does not take any death lightly. We, on the other hand, are allowed to sit back and enjoy the show because only the central characters are developed to reach us and so far, they hav ...more
Mum
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poppy is at it again! A Wonder Woman with panache must save London! I loved the twist! It will make the next one even more exciting! Women superheroes are the best!
Brenda
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast paced adventure in the rarefied world of Poppy Fields and Mark Stone who jet off to London when her mother, movie star Clarissa Carlton, needs help with the ransom of her latest love, Yurgi Prokorhov.

Poppy's backstory plays a major part in this novel so it is quickly told which enables this to be read as a stand-alone. I think you'd enjoy the first three books and reading them would enhance this episode nicely.

Saving London from destruction evolves from rescuing Yurgi. Heading for Egypt
Karyn M
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fields Guide to Fog
By: Julie Mulhern
Poppy has had to rush off to London, England as her mother’s boyfriend has been kidnapped. This was a fun romp with Poppy as she uses some of her new spy skills and finally figures out who the mysterious man who has come to her aid several times. Mum’s the word. You’ll probably guess who they are by the time Poppy figures it out, but I fully admit that I yelled my answer out loud when Poppy had the gun battle on the steps in Paris. That was the previous book.
Debbi
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the Poppy Fields Adventure series and it still continues to be a hoot to read. If you enjoy Stephanie Plum, I think you’ll enjoy this series. This time Poppy is in London and being targeted. She’s there for moral support for her mother. Chariss’ boyfriend has been kidnapped. Mayhem ensues. It in the end, things work out. In fact, it's starting to get even more interesting, but I won’t post a spoiler here. You’ll just have to read it to find out what it is. Julie Mulher ...more
Karl Hakimian
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite an appalling body count, what sticks out about this story is the humor and character interactions. This series keeps getting better. Poppy is growing into her new job despite the chaos that seems to follow her. Even wearing sensible shoes, she manages to get into outrageous situations (Poppy does not do driving on the left).

Word of warning, you will want to be sure that you are in a place where the constant giggles and occasional guffaw are appropriate. Trying to sneak in a chapter while
Bonnie
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poppy's latest adventure did not disappoint. I am really loving this series!
Regina
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I think the series keeps getting better. Read Book 4 immediately following Books 2 and 3. It's a fun series. To be clear-- if you're looking for realism, this is probably not the series for you. But if you're looking for a fast-paced, humorous spy novel, featuring a kick-ass female protagonist posing as a spoiled Hollywood A-lister, then this is the series for you! This installment finds Poppy in London. Her mother's Russian Oligarch boyfriend has been abducted. The circumstances of his abductio ...more
Ursula
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julie Mulhern never disappoints and this adventure is no exception. I enjoy the fast pace, characters that I feel I've met around town, and of course expert twists. This is an easy read that will have you hoping she writes at least three more every year!
Karen
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner with Poppy Fields torn between saving London, dealing with her mother, choosing the proper clothes and jewelry, figuring out her relationship with Thor, and keeping her dog happy. Good humor too.
Sheri
I can't believe how well Poppy adapts to her situations! She's becoming quite the skilled little agent and I'm enjoying how her and Thor are moving closer to a real relationship. There are some definite sparks flying between the two of them. One of the admirable things about Poppy, is she doesn't make light of the bodies that are accumulating. She has a deep respect for life. I had a chuckle over her driving experience and how poor Thor was terrified as she maneuvered her way in British traffic. ...more
Faith Hakimian
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Non-stop Action! Witty repartee!

Poor Poppy just doesn't get a moment's rest! Not that that stops her, of course! This installment of the Poppy Fields stories is just as good as the rest, with Poppy taking to her new secret agent job like a duck to water-- even without official training. The characters are great and believable, and I look forward to the next book in the series.
Jennifer Wertz
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I love Fields' Guide to Fog! I can't say enough how incredible this book is. Intense, full of suspense, action, adventure, and amazing characters. This book is so well written and detailed you can picture the scenes come to life. This book is impossible to put down. I love everything about this book. This is an absolute must read!
Lisa Hudson
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUPERB!

When you choose to read FIELDS GUIDE TO FOG, go ahead and plan your time wisely. Poppy Fields is such a vivacious and refreshing character. Once you start reading her story, you won’t want to stop!

Mulhern has continued to develop Poppy’s character throughout the series. In FIELDS GUIDE TO FOG, Mulhern seizes upon all of Poppy’s assets and uses them to their fullest. Poppy spent her younger years on a ranch with her father where she learned to defend herself, shoot like an assassin and ma
Ruth Roberts
Never disappointed

Who doesn't need a diversion from the real world? Julie Mulhern never lets me down. Another good read and it is always such fun when the action hero is a woman. Thanks for the fun and looking forward to seeing Poppy's father in Egypt.
Amy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each book gets better and better. Poppy Field's adventure this time is in London. As you read you will wonder if she will be the next 007. She could be a Bond girl because she is absolutely beautiful but she has the skills to save the day. Her friends do a cameo in this book, but you get to know her mom a little more. Be prepared to start reading it early in the day because you won't be able to put it down. I can't wait for the next one!
Felicia Fisher
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excitement, action, questions, and answers.

Where Poppy and Chariss are there is tension. Where Poppy and Thor are there is mayhem, murder and tension. When a hero (?) Is identified there is more tension and questions. Answers come as bullets rain, new questions arise as quickly as old ones are answered. An adventure that makes me wish a small clutch could conceal a SIG sauer.
Lara Schulz
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another fast-paced Poppy Fields thriller! Poppy battles a dirty bomb in London with help from Thor, Mr Brown, Andre, and a mysterious Ducati riding stranger! And lest we forget, Poppy’s mother...“why do you do this to ME, Poppy?” She is a hero in Jimmy Choos! Do yourself a favor and read this book!! Julie Mulhern has another hit on her hands!
Rachel
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love poppy field. Although there are plenty of men willing to look after her, she can take care of herself. She is smart and lethal. This adventure takes place in Londen in area’s I know very well which made it even more fun to read. This whole book( the whole series actually) reads like a high speed car chase. I can’t wait for the next one.
Tracee Atlin
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Poppy is a smart heroine and I like her. Ms. Mulhern has been able to keep the series fresh and ensure that we care about the characters.The book is action packed and I couldn’t put it down. I enjoyed seeing London through Poppy’s eyes. I can’t wait for the next one.
KDinSC
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg so good!

These just keep getting better! Great job Ms. Mulhern! Suspense, mystery, flirtation, designer clothes and cars, assassins and Poppy! London will never be the same again.
Sabrina
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud , edge of your seat read

Absolutely fantastic. I’m in love with this series . Consuela is adorable and Poppys’ imagination of what she’s thinking is hilarious. Heart pounding action . Can’t wait to see what adventures await Poppy and Thor (ah I mean Mark )
Kathy Friedman
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I am a Big Fan of Poppy Fields. I really enjoyed reading the series. I read this book in a short period of time and I didn’t want to put it down. My only complaint is I have to wait for the next release. I hope it’s not a long wait.....,.
Brenda Hymes
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Poppy!

I love Poppy and her "adventures". I felt as if I was right there with her as we unraveled who kidnapped her mother's fiancé and the price that was paid for his freedom. Can't wait for Egypt. AND the dance with Thor!!
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written. Loaded with action and witty dialogue, this is an excellent addition to the Poppy Fields series. Looking forward to the next one already.
Carla Anderson
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE LOVE LOVE Julie Mulhern and Poppy Fields!! Can’t read these fast enough!!
Jane H. Ring
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book did not disappoint! I would love to see this as a movie!! Maybe Reese Witherspoon and her daughter in the lead roles????
Jo Ben Whittenburg
I love Poppy Fields and this series! I can't wait to see where her next adventure will be.

• One Hit Wonder: A Samantha True Novel
  • No Questions Asked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #12)
  • Lowcountry Boondoggle (Liz Talbot Mystery #9)
  • A Hopeless Game (A Hope Walker Mystery Book 4)
  • A Hopeless Discovery (A Hope Walker Mystery Book 3)
  • Lowcountry Boomerang (Liz Talbot Mystery #8)
  • A Hopeless Heist (A Hope Walker Mystery Book 2)
  • A Hopeless Christmas (A Hope Walker Mystery Book 5)
  • The Hitwoman and the Exorcism (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #23)
  • Secrets and Stilettos (Murder In Style, #1)
  • The Hitwoman and the Fallen Angel (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #21)
  • Lipstick and Lies (Murder In Style, #2)
  • Double Trouble (A Davis Way Crime Caper #9)
  • Follow the Money (Detective Kate Rosetti Mystery, #3)
  • Shoot the Breeze (Detective Kate Rosetti Mystery, #1)
  • Shake Down (Elliott Lisbon Mystery, #5)
  • The Hitwoman Goes to Prison (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #22)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
Julie Mulhern is the USA Today bestselling author of The Country Club Murders and the Poppy Fields Adventures.

She is a Kansas City native who grew up on a steady diet of Agatha Christie. She spends her spare time whipping up gourmet meals for her family, working out at the gym and finding new ways to keep her house spotlessly clean--and she's got an active imagination. Truth is--she's an expert at

Poppy Fields Adventures (6 books)
  • Fields' Guide to Abduction (Poppy Fields Adventures #1)
  • Fields' Guide to Assassins (Poppy Fields Adventures #2)
  • Fields' Guide to Voodoo (Poppy Fields Adventures #3)
  • Fields' Guide to Pharaohs (Poppy Fields Adventures #5)
  • Fields' Guide to Dirty Money (The Poppy Fields Adventures #6)

News & Interviews