Start by marking “Echoes of You” as Want to Read:

Echoes of You

At seven I was adopted by the most loving parents in the world.
In this perfect family, I also found my best friend, and sister Tina.
Throw into the mix my boyfriend Dylan, and my dog Zhen, life was good... until it wasn't.
A catastrophic incident unearthed echoes of my past.
It left me no choice but to confront my inner demons.
Will I be able to live through this again?

Amazon
Kindle Edition
Published May 18th 2020 by Margaret McHeyzer

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes of You

Start your review of Echoes of You
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A moving tale 0f a girl who screamed long time ago in torture but is still suffering the echoes of it's memories till now. Molly Dawson is a sensitive and sensible girl, living in a loving home with lovely family. Her sister Tina is her best friend. Life is full of banter, laughter and boy gossip. A typical teenage life......
Until a discolored bunny visits her and she is terrorized.
"From the moment I can remember, all I’ve ever been is nothing. Nothing at all. Not a person, not a child, not
Taylor R
May 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads2

Powerful Coming of Age Story
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

What’s this book about? (I'm trying to give as little spoilers as possible)
After a rough past, she seemingly has it all. Her family, her best friend who is also her sister, her new boyfriend and her animals make her life a happy one. Until one event changes everything. Until she is confronted with the demons of her past.

This is my first Margaret McHeyzer read and it was a powerful one. It was
Siobhan (Bookish Vibes)
An emotional read about a topic I have very little knowledge of. Echoes of You was a fast paced story that delved deep into the impact childhood trauma can have on a person.

Molly and her sister Tina were both adopted into a loving, stable family at a young age. Now at the age of 18, on the cusp of adulthood and both entering new relationships, life is looking good. When tragedy strikes, it opens old wounds and Molly has to slowly come to terms with the demons of her past and what it means for h
Tania's Book Blog
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was the first time I’ve ever read a story by this author and I was not disappointed. This book was extremely emotional and it just wrapped you in wanting to find out what’s next. Molly was amazing and Dylan was the most perfect boyfriend ever. When things went south she tried pushing him away but he was not having it. He stayed with her and held her hand the entire time. This is a book that I went in blind not knowing what to expect and I loved it. It’s one of those books that you’re glad y ...more
Nikki  Malan
May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Echoes of You by Margaret McHeyzer
Molly was adopted at the age of seven by a wonderful and loving family. She gained a best friend, in her adopted sister, Tina. They had a close bond and were inseparable until Tina’s new boyfriend had other ideas. Growing up and becoming adults and finding boyfriends were new for both of them. Molly’s boyfriend, Dylan, was older but idolized her. Tina’s boyfriend seemed odd and Molly and her dog were not happy with him. Tragedy strikes the family and Molly’s dem
Trish Sutherland
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a read!
This is the first book I have read by Margaret McHeyzer and it definitely won’t be my last.
I didn’t know when I started what I was getting into and it took me a bit to get what was happening, but when I did I couldn’t put it down. Gripping and intense, Echoes of You has you questioning what is actually normal and what isn’t. It makes you sit back and rethink what you’ve always considered as a normal way of life.
This book has a very good storyline and it hooked me in.
Isabelle MBTL
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

Contemporary Romance, New Adult, Dark, psychological

First Person, Multiple-POV

This is a stand-alone story with HEA.

But it took me no time at all to realize, we all have a role to play.

by Molly

Wow!!! Astonishing!!!

I don't really know what I was expecting when I read the blurb and decided to read this book. What I'm certain of... I wasn't expecting anything like what I got here.

This wasn't an easy read, it was a very emotional story that could be a trigg

CLiK Books
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Echoes of You - Margaret McHeyzer
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Five stars just wasn’t enough.

I always struggle to write a review after reading a Margaret McHeyzer book...... mainly because she completely shatters me...... but in the best of ways.

Every emotion is dragged out of me, and every tissue in the house is used and discarded.... leaving me to ponder just how to put into words the depths of emotions felt about her latest book.

Echoes of You is, without a doubt, Margaret at her utmost best.

I willing
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Margaret has out done herself this book was incredible.

I will have to do short review as I don't want to give any spoilers away.

I love this authors books but this one has to be my all time Favourite by her, It had me hooked from the start, It was very difficult to read in some places because of the topic matter but it really is so worth the tears that I cried, I fell in love with Molly and other characters. Molly life is normal as normal can be, her life was good great boy friend her dogs great
Shell Swinscoe
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!what an amazing story, grabbed me from the first page. Was one of those rare stories I couldn't put down. Would recommend to everyone, this is a must read!! ...more
Laura Lee
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Margaret McHeyzer is an author that they write, I read. No questions asked.

I read this blurb awhile ago and was immediately drawn into what this book could possibly be about. A very intriguing blurb, I must say! This book didn't disappoint. I believe that it's the first of this story line that I've read.

The best advice I can give is, go in blind. Don't read reviews...because this book is full of twists and turns. Page turning at times and a very emotional journey.

Ashley Cestra
May 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-favorites
This story was incredible and inspiring and so intriguing! I love books that start off like this! I had no idea where the story was going but I HAD TO FIND OUT! Just wow. It was so heavy and light and funny and scary and sad and heart breaking and gut clenching and eye opening all at the same time. I felt for the characters in this book. ALL OF THEM. How remarkable.
This book and this author deserve all 5 stars for this story. It was great and I can’t remember the last time I had a book hangover
Shirley Cuypers
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-beta, 2020, ebooks
4.5/5*

Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Margaret McHeyzer and Give Me Books Promotions.

Echoes of You
is a Dark New Adult standalone book about Molly and her memories from the past.

When I started reading part 1 of Echoes of You, I didn’t understand anything, it was really confusing. I even thought of DNF’ing this book because I just couldn’t connect to the characters. But then I started reading part 2…
Dangerously in love with books
May 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading and review a Margaret McHeyzer book.

This is a beautiful emotional story, I cried most of the book because of all the things Molly had to overcome, of what she discovers from her past and her present.

This book treats themes of mental health issues and if anyone knows me, mental health is one of my absolute favorite things to talk about. I love to read of how people cope with mental health problems, search for help, overcome past traumas and especially this type of d
Jess
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
When my ARC of Echoes of You arrived on my kindle, I knew four things:

1. I needed to clear my schedule to race through all 489 pages of this book (because I wanted to read it straight away!).
2. I was going to cry. (Mcheyzer always makes me cry).
3. I was going to have the mother of all book hangovers when I finished this book.
4. I needed tissues and all the comfort food I could handle for the evitable fallout that was coming my way.

In case you were wondering, I was correct on all points.

Margaret
Savannah
Molly is an 18-year-old girl who, despite a bad past, has a pretty great life: loving adoptive parents, an adopted sister who is her best friend, a nice job as a yoga instructor and an exciting future.

One day she meets a very attractive guy in a café and after a brief flirting, they both meet again at a family dinner. Molly hadn’t thought about getting into a relationship, but Dylan’s attitude leads her to say yes to a date.

As her romance with Dylan begins, Molly’s life changes from being great
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Echo Filled Stars!!! ✯✯

I’m bowing down to Margaret McHeyzer again!! Whenever I finish a book by her I’m blown away all over again. Whenever I finish a book by her I say it’s my new favorite book by her and then she releases another book and I’m saying it all over again lol. Echoes of You was no different then all her other books.

I can sit here and write a nice lengthy review and you’ll know everything. But, I’d hate to give everything away. I was on a crazy ride of emotions from the f
maureen
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s with a simplistic beauty that the words flow from this authors pen to paper. The most difficult stories seem to be this authors gift to us all. I haven’t picked up a book by her and not been forced to pondered the struggles that affect others and feel I have a new appreciation for the trials so many face. The one thing that I absolutely appreciated was the beautiful with which this author described adoption. So many times adoption is portrayed dark and sinister. This story brought a realist ...more
Dona M
This book deserves a 5+ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.
I started the book with no idea whatsoever about the plot or anything, the blurb was vague but intriguing enough.

You know some stories just stick with you, it can be the first novel you read or the first paperback you buy, etc. Similarly, Echoes of You is that kind of story. It's going to stay with me for a long long time. Here's my short review.:

▪️This was a new to me author.
▪️What started as a filler book between all the books I have to or I am reading quickly b
Jennifer Pierson
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Echoes of You was a powerful story that took everything out of me, yes, even a ton of tears which is hard to do. There are stories which I want to give details away, then there is this story that is better going in blind. Margaret McHeyzer is simply brilliant, and her stories never fail to stun me into silence in emotional awe, but this story was leveled up on the emotions because I bawled like a b*t*h baby. That's not to say that I didn't have other emotions, because rage was there, shock, horr ...more
Anne Milne
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Margaret's books have been on my TBR for some time but this is my first book by her and quite frankly I'm stunned. With a new author it always takes me awhile to get used to their writing style but this book was easy to read however the subject matter isn't infact at times it was too much and I needed a break.

The main character is Molly and she is fascinating. Molly has a good life with her adopted family who love her unconditionally and when she meets Dylan it seems like life couldn't get any
Julie Reveles (Juls ~ ILST BLOG)
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

“ This is where part of me will die and another part of me will live.”

Well, I barely finished reading the prologue and my heart already fell. I knew prior to starting this that I was in for an emotional roller coaster because that’s how all books written by Margaret McHeyzer have been for me. BUT! I thought I’d at least get passed the prologue before I had that heart-dropping feeling. However, I was wrong. So very wrong and those moments never seemed to stop.

Echoes of You is written in two p
Jessicawcassidy
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My very first book from the author, and I am now hook

Where have you been Ms. Margaret McHeyzer in my life? My very first book from the author and now I am hooked. This book is so emotional. It will rip your heart out. The best book I read this month.

The author's writing is beyond phenomenal. I experienced the same thing when I was a child. It is hard to trust someone especially your family and cousin. I almost cry but not with the difficult situation but with the animal. I have met the author in
Christal
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I pulled this book into my Kindle yesterday as the cover and title intrigued me. I’m so glad that I did! This is a new author for me and if the rest of her work is as interesting as this story, I’ll be super excited. I was hooked during the first couple of chapters, but it took me a bit to figure out what was going on. There are a lot of moving parts in this story, and possibly a few triggers for readers that are sensitive to child abuse/domestic abuse; but once I started reading, I didn’t put i ...more
Teri
May 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a mind blowing story. At first I was completely confused yet intrigued and it only got better. Once everything is out the way it is all handled the support and the love she received not only from her family but from Dylan (I want someone like him in my corner). With moments to laugh at loud and drop some tears this author takes you on an emotional ride which touches on some sensitive areas all done well. Her story can't hep but touch you and draw you in whether in sympathy or just to se ...more
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Echoes of You is Margaret McHeyzer’s newest emotionally raw standalone. I don’t even need to read the synopsis to know that I will be needing tissues and lots of snacks since I won’t be wanting to get off the couch. Once again, I was right. I read most of the book in one day and it’s not an easy or short read. I really can’t say much without spoiling the story so I will try to make it fast.

She was adopted at the age of seven and that was when she met her best friend and sister, Tina. They grew
Charli Jeffries
May 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by the depths of the emotions written in this book. The story was devine,written beautifully, its a real tug at your heartstrings book that I couldnt put down. The heroine Molly is a strong and courageous female lead and without giving too much away I really cant tell you how much I enjoyed reading this. It had its ups and downs, twists and turns and it leaves you wanting to read more. It is simply not a book you can leave half read! I will definitely be reading more from this a ...more
Maria Angie Mendoza
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal story!
This original, emotional and totally absorbing story was one of those reads that once you start you just can’t put it down!
I was dragged down a rabbit hole full of suspenseful,unexpected twists and surprises.
This complex story came to life as it unfolded and I loved it.
A delicate subject was treated intelligently and with integrity.
Other reviewers remarked that this is a story to go in blindly and I couldn’t agree more. I’d just like to add to go in with an open mind.
Angie
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS THAT BOOK!
Do you know that book, that you have read and loved, and wish that you hadn’t read it before so when you read it again, that feeling of “ wow what just happened?” hits you for the first time all over again?
THIS IS THAT BOOK! I do not want to say anything about the story so I don’t give anything away - but you have to read this book. THIS IS THAT BOOK!
Best book of the year for me!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet, #2)
  • Aggro
  • Rumors
  • Drowning in Stars
  • Like You Care (Devilbend Dynasty, #1)
  • Liar, Liar
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Tell Me When It's Over
  • All the Little Lies (English Prep #1)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Diamonds in the Dust (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Koyn (Royal Bastards MC: Tulsa, OK, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1)
  • This Man (This Man, #1)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Liarholic

NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLING AUTHOR OF UGLY AND MISTRUST

**Write something worth reading**

I'm Margaret and I'm a self-published author.
Recently I was fortunate in obtaining New York Times best selling status on my YA/NA book - Ugly, and my YA book - Mistrust.

My last three books have been YA and I'm completely in love with the genre. I love being able to communicate with people through my words and