Start by marking “All The Letters I’ll Never Send You (Handwritten & Heartbroken Book 1)” as Want to Read:
All The Letters I’ll Never Send You (Handwritten & Heartbroken Book 1)

All The Letters I’ll Never Send You

(Handwritten & Heartbroken Duet #1)

I met my soulmate on July 17th, 2017. He wasn’t my typical type, but the way his ice blue eyes cut through me and his deep honeyed voice warmed me back up made him something new entirely; they were two of the million little things that seemed to make him mine.

Except…I met my fiancé December 22nd, 2012.

I didn’t plan for any of this to happen. Not to meet James Larrabee or
Published January 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about All The Letters I’ll Never Send You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All The Letters I’ll Never Send You

Start your review of All The Letters I’ll Never Send You (Handwritten & Heartbroken Book 1)
Harloe Rae
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When I first read the premise for All the Letters I’ll Never Send You, I knew it would be one to really hit home for me. All it took was the blurb and I was already hooked.

When I dove into the pages, I found my expectations to be blown away. Not that I really predicted any different. Ace Gray knows how to weave a stunning storyline so the reader gets drawn into her words without effort. Her style is engaging and creative, finding new ways to describe even the simplest thing. I was consumed with
Paperback Princess
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
I just really figured out that I’m not a fan of overly angsty books at all!!! I feel emotionally exhausted after reading this book.

I enjoyed the beginning which is a series of letters the FMC is writing because she’s secretly head over heels in love with her coworker James. But as the letters go on it’s very obvious it’s an unrequited love. At one point it became too much...she was creating a world of pain for herself that was starting to feel very unnecessary. Cut to three years later she’s
Book Addicted Shanna
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is unlike anything Ace has written before. Honestly, it is unlike anything I have ever read before. It is really hard to try to put into words what this book is! The only word that really comes to mind is REAL. This book felt so real!

It is emotionally raw, sad, full of heartbreak, insecurities, but also so very beautiful.

The story starts off with a number of letters written by Mina to James. Letters that she never intends on giving to him, but things she needs to get out. The letters
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it
I’ve read a few of this authors stories and I loved them so of course I couldn’t wait to read her newest story. I definitely wasn’t disappointed as it was so so good.

The author starts telling the story through letters, letters Mina wrote to James. It was a different way of telling the story for me but I liked it. The letters certainly gave an insight into her thoughts. The second part of the story we get explanations that we were waiting for.

This is a great read and I’m waiting impatiently for
Kari Davis
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This only my second book by Ace Gray and I remember why I fell in love with her writing. It’s real, it’s truthful and it’s engaging. All the Letters I’ll Never Send a You will have you falling to your knees in agony at times.

Love is complicated, it’s messy, and flawed. It’s about allowing you to show vulnerability to another person. Showing parts of yourself that are beautiful, and ugly at the same time. Love has layers upon layers, some good, some bad. But if you continue to be honest and
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books
Don’t go into this thinking that this is just another love story, because it isn’t. This is all the messiness, hurt and heartache that sometimes can be associated with love and relationships. It is a turbulent and tumultuous love story that is all kinds of complicated, and is powered by genuine vulnerability, apprehension and mistrust.

This book is about a woman who writes letters to her love, her soulmate, while she is struggling through the personal drama of doubt and uncertainty within their
KC Caron
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ace Gray has a heartbreaking hit on her hands with the gorgeous almost desperate people in All the Letters I’ll Never Send You. The story is raw and as real as it gets, yet transporting all at once. A true romance.

*Whispers* Readers, All the Letters is way more than a romance. It’s an exploration of love and anxiety--told with hope and humor--where they intersect and where they separate. It’s a trip into the darkness lurking inside us, the doubt, and the possibility that lies on the other side.
Lisa
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m usually not a fan of books that make me weep, annoyed, or make me want to throw my book up against a wall from too much drama. Clearly, this made me do all of the above. The letters in the beginning had me intrigued and emotional and I was ready to gobble up all the words, but the more I read the more I felt the over-angst and Mina’s relationship with James was too much and I started to disconnect with the characters/story. I do love this author and many other books she has written but if ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ace Gray ripped my heart out, broke it into million pieces and then left me in a complete emotional chaos in All The Letters I'll Never Send You. This is beautiful love in most raw, intense and captivating form.

I cannot tell you that this story has a definite beginning or ending. This is the endless journey of Mina and James and their feelings. The beauty of the story in the sorcery of words. They have this unique and all consuming friendship that slowly transformed into love. A love that cannot
Zilpha Owens
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-2020
My frame of reference for Ace Gray’s work is dark romance. And while All the Letters I’ll Never Send You is definitely not dark, it is mostly a romance. I say that because, at times, it felt more like an obsession than a romance.

The formatting of the story is a little unusual. It starts off with letters Mina has written that contain her emotions. Her anguish was clear. They are an inside look at everything that can’t or won’t be said, but needs to be.

Mina has her issues. Her insecurities and
Jill
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There's a reason I have sat on writing this review FOR MONTHS! I am having the hardest time figuring out what to say. This is such an original, unbelievably stirring story that took me completely by surprise. So well, here we are. I joked with Ace that I should just copy and paste the direct messages I sent her during and after I read the book and honestly, it's the best I can do. Word for word—in order even—my feelings and ramblings:

1. I’m at 76% (that’s fast for me these days...) and it’s
Marnie
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*Sigh*, I just loved James.

Wow, there is so many pent-up feelings, so much personal heartbreak, and for the first part, I thought they were only one-sided. Author Ace Gray’s approach to the first part of the books was written as the series of letters Mina wrote to someone she’d met and grown to love as her soul mate, but had never sent to him. I’ve never seen this story set up before, and I was intrigued from the start. It was only in Part Two that the relationship behind the letters was rounded
Everything Bookish  Blog
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story earned the love of every bit of my cold dark heart

Ace does something different and utterly unique with this story. It’s not a book I read but a life I experienced and felt every ounce of struggle as each word bleed onto the page. This is a tale of love at its most vulnerable moments when you question even your own sanity. It’s gut wrenching and the most emotional I’ve ever been while reading, Also the most honest I’ve ever seen. I found parts of myself in the words but also left
Tamara Harrington
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, WOW!!!!!!!
It took me way to long to get the words to write this review but only because it is literally all the feels.
If there is ever anything that you can guarantee when you read a book by Ace it is that there is going to be an untold amount of emotions coursing through you, and this book is no exception.
It took me three days to make it through but because there is so much angst and emotion that I spent way too much time with emotions leaking out of my eyes, and I could not be
Anne Milne
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ace Gray is a newly discovered author for me and when I read the premise of this book I was intrigued and knew it was a book I wanted to read. When people say this book is unlike anything I've read before I sometimes roll my eyes but this book truly is different.

The story starts with a series of letters written by Mina to James where she pours out all her feelings and emotions. These are sometimes hard to read because they are so personal, it felt like I was secretly reading someones diary.
2OCC Reviews
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
I loved the start of this story. It was different and gave me an insight to the heroine. Seeing her feelings, her wants, and her dreams helped me connect to her in a way I don’t think I would of it hadn’t been for the letters. I liked the plot and seeing things play out when it came to the characters and why happened in the past. There was a time jump and we get little clues before we find things out and that was a fun little mystery.

While I really liked this story, it was hard to picture
Randi Maroney
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I have never read a book like this before. It literally starts out with letters. I thought that was very unique. This story is very real and raw. This story pulled me in and wrapped its self around me squeezed as hard as possible. This story has amazing highs and lows. You will fall hard for these characters. I can’t wait for the next book!
Thank you so much Ace for giving us your words again
Dirty Little Secret Book Blog
“James Fucking Larrabee is holding out his hand, waiting for me to take it, like he’s my knight in shining armor not the battle axe that split me in two."

Unexpected and original. Ace Gray writes heartache so beautiful and real, you feel your own breaking right along with Mina's & James's.
Rina's Reads
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full disclosure: I found this book quite difficult to get into, all the letters at the beginning were absolutely fabulous but I felt I missed the full effect of them due to no context. However, the more I read, the more I understood.
It was a very different approach to writing a book from what I'm used to, but I did like it.
Longing, loss, heartbreak, love, drama and hella angst wait within these pages.
I'm really looking forward to the next book, I want to see how James and Mina finish their
Maren Lee
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and angst for days. I was emotionally ripped apart and put back together and ripped apart and maybe I’ll be put back together again when part two of the duet comes out?!

This book feels like real life messy romance. Can’t wait for book two!
Chayo
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My heart was literally touched from the very first page! Mina’s letters, oh my, those heartfelt deeply emotional words on the pages were so utterly fascinating and captivating! Heartfelt and true, my heart was palpitating at times and tears sprang from my eyes and I could feel what Mina was conveying. It built my intrigue and curiosity to learn more about Mina her insecurities and raw emotions and her feelings for James. James was an enigma until he appears three years later. We then learn more ...more
Cassandra Magnussen
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There are two types of authors: ones that write wonderful stories and make a great book. Then there are authors who write a work more than that, ones who create a work of art, it’s much more than simple letters strung together, they’re not just words, or, sentences, or, paragraphs or pages.... they paint a picture with their work.

My favorite type of author is the latter. The kind of author who writes a book and when you read it, it feels as if they wrote it specifically for you. It feels as if
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Mina is in love with her soulmate. Sounds good right? Except not because her soulmate is not the man she's engaged to. Yikes.

This is such a wonderful take on a love story. The first part is just all the letters Mina wrote her soulmate. The second part is the actual relationship between Mina and James. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It is heartbreaking and messy and seriously complicated and I can't wait for the conclusion, which is coming soon, thank God!

This is such a wonderful take on a love
Brit
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here we go...Ace I have been a reader of yours for awhile now and think I have managed to read as many of your books as I can find. Each one always get me in the feels but also makes me come back for more. There are no words for the excitement I had to find out this series was going to be published! THIS BOOK IS FILLED WITH SO MUCH ANGST, LOVE, LIFE, AND REALNESS. THIS IS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER OF THE BEST KIND! BE PREPARED THIS IS NOT A COOKIE CUTTER LOVER STORY! The book just jumps right ...more
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
An angsty and often painful love story

Have you ever loved someone with all your heart but couldn’t get past your insecurities to let them all the way in?
Welcome to Mina’s world.
******
Overall rating:
Kindle unlimited: Yes
******
This is not your typical love story. This is a story of love that happens at the wrong time. This is a love story that hurts. This is a love story filled with regrets and insecurities.

What do you do when you are engaged to one man but love another obsessively. You watch
Tyi
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 Rating

Angst and Heartbreak… Those words were playing in my head on repeat. The angst was in full effect and the heartbreak was not only felt by Mina but by me as well. Her heart and soul was within each letter she wrote. Oh Mina… I wanted her to express herself. Not just within her letters. Well, I wanted both characters to express themselves better. James… it seemed like an okay character but I wanted a little bit more out of him. It was all about the communication. I’m hoping for more
Mandy Munholland
This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I was intrigued when I read the blurb for it so I knew I had to read it and I am really glad I did. This author starts telling this story through letters and it was a unique and intriguing way to tell a story . It immediately sucked me in and I really enjoyed it ! Can’t wait to find out what’s in store for Mina and James ! Will they be able to find there way back to each other ? Start this intriguing story of love loss and heartache in All The ...more
Nicolette Eyssen
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I survived!

That was emotional and pulled at a place in me that I haven’t felt in a very long time.

There is a part of this book that pulls at every broken heart that has happened in life. The doubt one bad relationship can give is the driving force in this book.... at least it was for me. It just hurt sometimes.

Then she delivers this hope. You know, that hope we all felt at one time in our life. Gosh, there was so much of the back in forth that I feel emotionally exhausted.

The story was unique
Marley Valentine
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolute Perfection.

Detailed review to come.

All The Letters I'll Never Send You is available NOW and FREE with #KindleUnlimited: https://amzn.to/2vgpcLX
Katryna
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was wonderful. This book was so REAL!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Keeper
  • Dear Ava
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Hearts and Thorns (Magnolia Cove, #3)
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Rebel Soul
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • Fallen Son (A Fallen Men Christmas Story)
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Between Now and Always (Forever Trilogy, #3)
  • When Life Happened
  • When I Was You
Ace Gray is a self-proclaimed troublemaker and connoisseur of both the good life and fairy tales. After a life-long love affair with books, she undertook writing the novel she wanted to read, which culminated in her first release STRICTLY BUSINESS. When she’s not writing, she owns her own business teaching Pilates. She loves rainy days, shellac manicures, coffee shops and bourbon—all of which are ...more

Handwritten & Heartbroken Duet (2 books)
  • All The Letters I’ve Ever Read  (Handwritten & Heartbroken Book 2)