Start by marking “A Time to Dance” as Want to Read:
A Time to Dance

A Time to Dance

Grace is a smart young girl. She lives out her life doing two things: Going to school and spending time with her mother. She doesn't really need anything else to be happy. But when the unthinkable happens, Grace is faced with a series of changes, and her heart is not prepared for them. As she sinks deeper into a cloud of sadness, relief comes from an unexpected source.

A Ti
Published November 8th 2019 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about A Time to Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time to Dance

Start your review of A Time to Dance
Hayley Yancy
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It had me hooked from the start. It brought me to tears and the ending left me wishing for more. I recommend this book to anyone.
Sarah Dresser
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story by Mira Jeffreys can only be described as beautiful. To be able to draw me in and make me fall in love with the characters so quickly, surprised and delighted me. It is a story of love and loss, and explores the grief and pain of a teenager in a way that made my heart really ache for her. It is also a story of hope though, and of the healing power of friendship. It made me smile and it brought tears to my eyes at the same time. It shows that love and even happiness can be found even a ...more
Ayzha
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
I would highly recommend this book to be seen by both young children and teenagers who are coping with loss. This book is a quick read that can ultimately be completed in less than a hour, however although it is brief, I felt at ease reading the material. It showcases a honest portrait of grief - the line: 'how could she smile when her mother was gone? It was unfair to her memory' spoke volumes to me. However, it is gentle: showing that things will get better, and that you are not the only one g ...more
Selma Writes
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mira Jeffreys’ “A Time to Dance,” is a satisfactory story of finding hope in the most unexpected place. At 17, Grace, the young protagonist, has just be handed a grief like no other when she loses her dear mother. That one incident uproots her from the place she was raised and sends her to live with relatives.
Grace came across to me as introverted and losing her dear mother robbed her of the one true ‘friend’ she had. We meet Grace ‘feeling’ that her life is meaningless; ‘feeling’ bitter and co
Nina Szudzik
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is my second read by Mira Jeffreys and I have to say, I am won over by her developed prose. In this short story ebook, Mira explores the grief a child feels after their mother has died. She doesn't attempt to rush the story or move the pace too quick; she sticks with a simple format but cultivated voice that beautifully tells the tale. I definitely recommend A Time to Dance and will be checking out more of her work soon.
Annika Parker
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love when I can feel the emotions of characters. I am an emotional reader and I want to read books that create an emotion inside of me.

This book did just that. I felt what Grace was going through, even though I don’t know the feeling from experience. I cried at the end because it was a real heart jerker. This short story left me wanting to read more in just a few pages. It’s a great story and was definitely worth the read.
Vicky
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful short story of grief and loss, and of how love and kindness can help us move through difficult times. Wonderful characters and setting, I hope the story will continue soon.
Anita Arce
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very good read, left me wanting for more!
Judy Ferrell
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
An unusual story ina setting from the south. I think if you are looking for a romance you should try this.
Dixon Reuel
May 10, 2020
Susie
Aug 20, 2020

• American Dirt
  • Love In The Capitol (In The Capitol #0.5)
  • Death, Dying, and the Afterlife: Lessons from World Cultures
  • The Anti-Inflammatory Kitchen Cookbook: More Than 100 Healing, Low-Histamine, Gluten-Free Recipes
  • The I Love My Instant Pot Recipe Book: From Trail Mix Oatmeal to Mongolian Beef BBQ, 175 Easy and Delicious Recipes ("I Love My" Series)
  • The Name of Red (Red, #1)
  • Nightmareland
  • The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • Fierce New World: An Irish Sci-Fi Anthology
  • The Artist
  • THE KIRKWOOD SCOTT CHRONICLES: Skelly’s Square
  • Post-Mortem
  • The Shadow Keepers
  • Breaking Protocol (Sapphic Sphere Collection Book 1)
  • Hunted in the Valley (Old Sequoia Valley #1)
  • How To Make Sure Your Life Doesn't Suck: A Different Kind Of Guide To Navigating The Ups And Downs Of Life
  • Hood of Sedna: A Capot Adventure Series
  • Heirs of Vanity (Heirs of Vanity #1, #2, & #3)
I consider myself to be an easygoing individual who desires to find the good in humanity as a whole. That desire is often revealed in my short stories. I believe that good conquers evil and love heals all.

I live in a small town in Kansas. I enjoy writing. Writing is my “happy pill”. From the time I was first published at the age of eight, my passion for writing has been the driving force behind my

News & Interviews