Start by marking “500 Miles from You” as Want to Read:
500 Miles from You

500 Miles from You

(Scottish Bookshop #3)

New York Timesbestselling author Jenny Colgan returns to the beloved Scottish Highland town of Kirrinfief, which readers first met inThe Bookshop on the Shore, and adds a dash of London’s bustling urban landscape.

Lissie, is a nurse in a gritty, hectic London neighborhood. Always terribly competent and good at keeping it all together, she’s been suffering quietly with

Expected publication: June 9th 2020 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about 500 Miles from You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Miles from You

Start your review of 500 Miles from You
Bethany
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
Lissa is a tough homecare nurse living and working in South London. Cormac is an ex-army homecare nurse in a small town in Scotland. When they switch lives for three months, a romance blossoms despite their pen-pal-like relationship.

Pros:
- As a fan of Outlander, the Outlander reference made me giggle. And the colloquialisms are fun.
- I like reading books with settings that are not in the United States, and there are /two/ here: London and Scotland.
- Yay for semi-positive depictions of therapy.
Amy
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Lissa, after witnessing a terrible accident, is sent for a 3 month job switch with Cormac, who lives in a small town in Scotland. They are both nurses, and Cormac will get to experience nursing in the big city of London, while Lissa is asked to take this job away by her employers as a sort of break from the city which reminds her so much of the accident.

They both assume they won’t like the other’s home, but readers get to spend much of the novel experiencing their swapped lives and how their
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book - almost as much as Colgan's previous story set in Kierenfief, The Bookshop on the Shore. I thought that Lissa and Cormac's relationship got short shrift, being wrapped up so quickly as it was in the end. Otherwise, it was great spending time with the characters (even the supporting characters, who are generally delightful) and "touring" about Scotland and London through the pages of a book.
Chermaine
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was on par with the caliber that I expect from this author, even though the end I felt was a big rush. It was everything I expected & more. Catching up with past characters was great and I'm glad that another trip to Scotland through the author's eyes was well worth it.
Kristen
A cute quick read. There were some bumpy spots, but overall I enjoyed it.
Emily Matthys bennett
I could not put this one down! Jenny Colgan knows just what I need to beat the winter blahs. We are revisiting some old haunts that we found in The Bookshop on the Corner and The Bookshop on the Shore, but this is not Nina's story or Zoe's story. They do appear, but minimally, and serve as reminders that things can change and they surely will! Lissa is struggling and her struggle is well written and believable. Why not send her to Scotland on a nurse's exchange? I loved the characters, both new ...more
Chermaine
Feb 20, 2020
Jen
Jan 31, 2020
Rebbekka P
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2020

• All the Ways We Said Goodbye
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Fast Girls: A Novel of the 1936 Women's Olympic Team
  • Four Days of You and Me
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Ålevangeliet
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Paris Never Leaves You
  • A Sweet Mess
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Lincoln's Grave Robbers
  • From Alaska With Love
  • Dance Away with Me
Jenny Colgan is the author of numerous bestselling novels, including 'The Little Shop of Happy Ever After' and 'Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery', which are also published by Sphere.' Meet Me at the Cupcake Café' won the 2012 Melissa Nathan Award for Comedy Romance and was a Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller, as was 'Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams', which won the RNA Romantic ...more

Scottish Bookshop (3 books)
  • The Bookshop on the Corner