Start by marking “Spells (Bayou Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Spells (Bayou Magic, #2)

Spells

(Bayou Magic #2)

From New York Times Bestselling Author, Kristen Proby, comes Spells, the next installment in her gripping Bayou Magic series…

As a powerful hedgewitch and psychic, there isn’t much I can’t work to my advantage and finesse with a spell. Love, fortune, and even the perfect cup of coffee are all possible with the snap of my fingers.

But some things are utterly beyond my control
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 300 pages
Published October 27th 2020 by Ampersand Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Spells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spells

Start your review of Spells (Bayou Magic, #2)
Diana
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Spells is book 2 in the Bayou Magic trilogy that is set in New Orleans and revolves around 3 sisters with supernatural powers. Spells focuses on the Millie, an active witch and psychic and her forever love, Lucien.

Even though this is a strong 4 star read, I liked book 1 a little more and I’m not sure why. I adored Millie and Lucien together. Lucien is definitely swoon worthy and his love for Millie is heart melting and never ending. It was fun catching up with the sister’s and their Mom is beco
Penny
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I was very disappointed with this book.

The romance is instant love and as such, I couldn't get invested because we don't get to see their relationship move towards that love. The circumstances behind their relationship might be interesting and as such an improvement from the first book, but the potentiality of it is wasted. The "love story" is already there, it is not one that we see happen and feel with the characters, their love for each other is stablished and accepted immediately.

The fantasy
DJ Sakata
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

Why can’t we be a normal couple? … Just a normal, run-of-the-mill couple, who likes to have sex all the time and watch old eighties movies.

“I love you. No matter what you look like, or what you eat, I love you. I always have. So, eat your sweets. I don’t care.” “If I could find a way to clone and sell you, I could be richer than that dude who owns Amazon. You’re exactly the guy that every woman is looking for.”

My Review:

Paranormal is not my typical jam so I had to work a bit har
Radd Reader
3.5 , rounding up to 4

Is is not a standalone. You need to read book 1 to understand the backstory of this book.

Once again, the girls are together trying conquer the evil spirits. There's not much difference between the first story and this book. Creepy Horace, his nasty deeds and his ability to manipulate people and create havoc is still a major part of the story.

What is diferent in this story is that there is much more focus on the love story between Lucien and Millie. I adored this couple an
Catherine Cowles
The absolutely perfect Halloween read! Spells is spooky and captivating with chemistry that pours off the page and twists and turns that will have you staying up long past your bedtime. I absolutely love this world of sisterhood, magic, and charm that Kristen Proby has created. And I'll be counting down the days until we get the final story! ...more
Jypsy
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Valentine PR and Kristen Proby for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Spells
Bayou Magic #2
By: Kristen Proby

REVIEW ☆☆☆☆

I loved Shadows, so it was no surprise that I equally enjoyed Spells, the second book in Kristen Proby's Bayou Magic series. And, now, I have freaking CCR ( love them!) "Born On The Bayou" stuck in my head!

Three witch sisters. Three different stories with commonalities. This book is the story of Lucien and Millie
Courtney
Oct 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I enjoyed the first book in this series, Shadows. Spells picks up after Shadows, so you must read these books in order. Each book is about one sister, however the main story is intertwined throughout each book.

While I enjoyed Spells, I did not find myself as captivated by this story as I did with the first one. This one felt as the though the romance more pronounced and the paranormal aspects took a backseat to it. I know a lot of Proby's readers will love this one, but a paranormal reader may n
Korrie’s Korner
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 “a stór mo chroí” stars!

“It was no accident, me finding you. Someone had a hand in it. Long before we ever knew..” That song, “Keeper of the stars” remind me of Lucien & Millie, and their love that spans hundreds of years. I want more stories like this of one love that keeps finding its way back to each other in different lifetimes. Swoon!

This book was so creepy. Just what I needed this spooky season, and I definitely don’t want to wait a whole year for book three!

Witches, Warlocks, covens and
Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic
Once again Kristen has delivered a read that's spine-chilling, blood-curdling and goosebump inducing from the evil lurking page after page of this captivating read.

Be prepared...... once you start reading you won't be able to stop because it will intrigue you with the story, enchant you with the characters and seduce you with the love story that unfolds between Millie and Lucien.

If you thought Shadows was creepy, menacing and shocking you haven't seen anything yet; in fact, you may not want to
Stephanie
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5-3 stars. I really enjoyed book 1 of this series. But this one just wasn’t a hit for me. I liked the characters but the book didn’t hold my attention and I felt overall dissatisfied at the end. I’m sure I’ll still read the final book but this was just meh for me.
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 ‘Our Souls Are Linked

Awwww... Who knew a PNR read could make my romantic heart soar to such heights?! SPELLS indeed bewitched me with the best of my favorite trope, fated soulmates, in a way I soaked it up in one sitting. Millie and Lucien - omg, THE best book boyfriend, right here - enchanted me in a way, that even through the suspense and masterfully written creepy moments, I had a warm happy feeling in my heart! Loved it! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Full review to follow...

“There is no magic more powe
Dísir
Kristen Proby brings in all the stops for Halloween with 'Spells' - a book about some latent evil bring that goes around tormenting 3 paranormally-gifted sisters, all of whom find their HEA whilst battling the forces threatening to upend their lives.

But if I was intrigued by Proby's 'Shadows', the first book in the series, 'Spells' fell somewhat flat even though it's a continuation of a narrative that walked the same line about the supernatural being well and alive among us.

There's the seductiv
Nomims
Oct 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal, dnf
Dnf at 30%

I didn't enjoyed the first book but i wanted to try the second one because i was hopeful. I tried to read it without judgement... At first it kinda worked but i was quickly disappointed.
Usually, books when they are a sequel, have a little reminder in the first few chapters. Some books do it too much but in this one there's nothing, not one sentence on the bad guy for example. It took me a bit of time to remember everything which didn't help staying into the story... even a sentence wo
Cassandra Martin
Oct 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Creepy Magical Goodness!

What a great second installment of the Bayou Magic series!

This book picks up around a year after the first book, Shadows. These books should be read in order! I cannot wait until October 2021, to get my grabby hands on the last book! Each book is based on a different sister, but the underlying arc of the three books is what ties them all together.

While this book is beyond creepy and a bit gory, there are these wonderful moments of lightness and laughter between these thr
Julia's Book Haven
*4.5 Stars*

Read this and the first book in about two days. Really loving this series, just wish I’d know that last book won’t be out till next year lol oh well.
Yve
Oct 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Until recently, I've never been much of a paranormal fan, but Kristen Proby has absolutely revolutionized the genre for me. She blew me away with Shadows and now with Spells, she masterfully crafts an intricate thriller, where our serial killer is still on the loose and is set on exacting his revenge.

Her tale of witchcraft & wizardry will cast a magical spell on you, keeping you hanging on to every word to see if the ever-present evil lurking about will finally reveal itself. And if that weren't
Jaime Ryter
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So when KP announced she was going to write a PN romance series, I was a little worried because PN romance is not generally my thing. But, it’s KP, so I HAD to read it. Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! She KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! Like, I’m itching to read it again! (And I’ve read it twice now.)

Add a murder mystery; deranged serial killer; three witch sisters; a dark magic, “dead” father; along with her epic romance stories, and then set all of this in New Orleans, where paranormal
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Spells is the second book in the Bayou Magic series by Kristen Proby. It can be read as standalone but I highly recommend reading Shadows so you have the complete story. Three sister witches. One evil being. Brielle found her love and now it’s time for Millie to give into hers. A man who is her soul mate.

Lucien and Millie have known each other for years. She started seeing him in her dreams and nightmares since childhood. Then, she saw him a decade ago in real life. From that moment she felt so
Ruthie Taylor
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

4.5*s of paranormal frights and romance!

This is the second book in the series, and I would definitely suggest that they need reading in order, as this is an ongoing story involving three very interesting and talented sisters. In this story, Millie is the focus, but Brielle and Daphne are key to the whole plot, so they get plenty of attention too.

Before I say more, and I have no intention of revealing anything very much
Addie Yoder
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been a Kristen Proby fan for years, but this series has me captivated. Put me in a story with witches and evil bad guys, lots of romance and set it in NOLA, please. I am here for it. Spells is the second in the Bayou Magic series and it feels so much like the Nora Roberts trilogies that I read in the early 2000. Spells is filled with strong female friendships and sisterhood, strong lead characters and enough atmospheric suspense to keep me ignoring my kids and the laundry.
If you are looki
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
4.5 stars! If you give soulmates and witches I’m 100% sure I’m going to like the book. We met Millie and Lucian in Shadows and I was so excited for this book. I’m all about the paranormal right now, just in time for Halloween. This was the perfect book for the season. I love that she is releasing these books during this season, but I don’t want to wait till next year for Daphne’s story!

Lucian knows that Millie is his soulmate. They have been meeting in each lifetime and he remembers each time th
Stacie
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 "Love for all times." Stars!

Rtc when more of my TPAM ladies finish. For now, I absolutely love both Lucien and Millie. Their love was timeless.
Crystal
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Speechless

I am sitting here stunned, but so in love with the love story between Millie and Lucian.

The paranormal factor, holy cow. Kristen Proby has that part nailed. I felt like I was watching a movie. The serial killer and suspense, absolutely nailed it.

I honestly wasn’t sure how I would feel when reading a paranormal romance series, but it’s a Kristen Proby book, so an automatic one click. I fell in love with this story. Yes, it has a serial killer in it with some crazy good suspense. But a
Heather
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Oh my goddess! This book was amazing and kept me interested to know what was coming next.
So many unknown twists get revealed. I had some theories while reading and they were proven wrong. I was gasping and in shock at some of the things we find out. I totally wasn't expecting them.
Lucien stole my heart with how big his love and devotion are. Millie's love is just as intense as Lucien's.
Layla Rathbone
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spells is book 2 in the Bayou Magic series, and the book I had been patiently waiting a whole year for! Was it worth it? 1000% HELL YES!!!

Spells focusses on Millie, one of the 3 sisters who is a powerful practicing witch who adds kooky little spells to her drinks in her coffee shop, Witches Brew. Dreams plague Millies sleep and have done so for years, each one bringing her a part of the past long, long ago which she cannot decipher.

Lucien is a Warlock, who’s many lives span over centuries, each
Katie Salt
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-read
‘That's the same look you gave me when you told me you couldn’t go home with me. In 1692, Lucien.’

‘You were remembering a past life.’

This series is just getting better and better! I really enjoyed Shadows and I can promise you that Spells did not disappoint! It was a wonderful addition to the Bayou Magic trilogy and the paranormal and the dark undertones of this novel just bleed so well into one another.

I absolutely adored Millie and Lucien and I love that the two of them are each other'
Vania Nunes
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How about returning to New Orleans? 👻☠🧛‍♀️🧝‍♀️🧟‍♂️
In this contemporary romance, drenched in magic, the author takes us to the magical world of the three witch sisters: Brielle, Millie and Daphne who, despite leading their lives normally (Brielle is a tour guide in the city, in "ghostly" places; Mille is owner of a Café, and Daphne owns an antiquary), also suffer from persecution beyond this world.
This time, men with similar physical characteristics are being kidnapped and left to pieces in parts
Ann
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
Spells is the next installment in this PNR trilogy and is the story of Millie and Lucien who we met in Shadows and I was very excited to know their story. Another heartstopping rollercoaster that will leave you on the edge of your seat. Really can't wait to read the next one!

Millie is the owner of Witches Brew and also has magical powers since she can remember. Being a hedgewitch she's learned a lot over the years but being near Lucien always had her confused. With everything going ar
Susan
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am usually not much for paranormal romance, but this series- Bayou Magic- by Kristen Proby is absolutely fantastic! I can't believe how drawn I am to it!

Millie, a hedgewitch and psychic, loves her life with the local coven, her sisters, and her little coffee shop Witches Brew. But after things went down with Brielle the previous year, they're waiting for more. Lucien, another witch in the coven, is determined for Millie to realize that they're meant to be forever. Horace is back to taunt them,
Michelle
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goddess! Spells is the second book in the Bayou Magic series and phenomenal! This is Millie and Lucien’s book. Millie is a Hedgewitch and Psychic. She is one of three sisters who didn’t have the best childhood. There dad was mean, their mama was mean and the shadows were even meaner. But possession can do that to a person. But possession can also make you do things you don’t want to do. Evil things. As Miss Sophia had predicted, they hadn’t seen the last of Horace. But he changes things up ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Spells (Bayou Magic #2) by Kristen Proby 115 24 Nov 04, 2020 06:10AM

• Playing with Fire
  • Loathe Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #1)
  • The Sleeping Arrangement
  • When You Kiss Me (Maine Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #21)
  • Syler McKnight: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romantic Comedy
  • Tristan (The Ruins of Emblem #1)
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • El Diablo II
  • Code Name: Rook (Jameson Force Security, #6)
  • Appealed (The Legal Briefs, #3)
  • More Than Paper
  • Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)
  • The Wrong Game
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • When the Time Is Right
  • Hold You Close
  • Stealing It (Bronze Bay SEALS, #3)
  • Tossing It (Bronze Bay SEALS, #2)
Kristen Proby has published more than fifty titles, many of which have hit the USA Today, New York Times and Wall Street Journal Bestsellers lists. She continues to self publish, best known for her With Me In Seattle and Boudreaux series, The Big Sky Series, as well as others.

Kristen and her husband, John, make their home in her hometown of Whitefish, Montana with their two cats and dog.

Bayou Magic (3 books)
  • Shadows (Bayou Magic, #1)
  • Serendipity (Bayou Magic #3)