Start by marking “Up in the Air (Winter Games, #1)” as Want to Read:
Up in the Air (Winter Games, #1)

Up in the Air

(Winter Games #1)

NOW A #1 INTERNATIONAL AMAZON BEST SELLER

Channing
They say how far you go is directly correlated to how much you are willing to risk.
As a snowboarder, I was used to risking a lot - specifically life and limb every time I flew down the mountain and into the air.
This time though, I was risking it all. I’d already lost so much. Winning was all I had left.
The truth? I hadn’t
Kindle Edition
Published November 2019

To ask other readers questions about Up in the Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up in the Air

Start your review of Up in the Air (Winter Games, #1)
Stacy Kirkpatrick-Marlton
*ARC*
I received this book at the perfect time! We got a little snowstorm and it just helped set the scene for me, I love when that happens.
I couldn't put this one down, The alpha in this one was just alpha, he was so sweet and really hot, sometimes we get way too many alphas who are all rough edges, but Wyatt was everything and more. I think I may have swooned a little.
If you want something to melt away some of your winter blues this is the book for you, it has an amazing storyline and so much
Vanessa Serrano
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "Milk Frothing" stars!

I didn't know what to expect from this book since I actually don't read a lot of sport romance and I actually have never read a winter sport romance book before, but I have to say, Up in the Air was an amazing surprise and I couldn't put it down.

Up in the air follows the story of Channing - I freaking loved her- she's amazing, badass but above all she's true to herself, she's also awkward and afraid, but she stands her ground and I always love that about a character.

Tracy- OMGReads
Up In The Air is a great story to get lost in. It’s long, making it hard to read in one sitting. I loved the story, it’s a well written book with a very engaging plot.

Channing and Wyatt light up the pages and the slopes in Up In The Air. They each have secrets, but the tension and chemistry between them is to die for. It’s electric and can be felt by the reader. Everything about this book is vivid, the characters and the setting. It was unique, my first read about snowboarders. I am so
Kat J
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I am a sucker for stories where the 2 MCs meet on opposing sides and they have to figure what's more important - winning the game or winning in life. I do like to see healthy competition between the couple has they duke out their differences (and similarities) in their chosen field.

So Channing has a chip on her shoulder coz her brother seems to be better than her and he has recently abandoned her due to his injuries. So she does what any normal sane competitive twin sister will do - she
Aly
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
First of all, I love sports books, especially when the girl is an athlete. Channing was a fun character, though a little frustrating at times haha. She knew how to work hard and was a really good sister. I loved the immediate chemistry between her and Wyatt. He was a great guy and I'm jealous of Channing. The side characters made the story great. Emmett and Nick were interesting to watch and I'm really looking forward to seeing more inside their heads. Ally is so spunky and sweet and I love how ...more
Becky Rendon
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I genuinely had an absolute blast reading this book. Everything was on point. It was cute, sweet, and naughty. It had a good back story, tension, and some feels. It has an interesting conflict and tons more potential stories to follow.

I stumbled upon this story and look forward to reading more. Up in the Air was smart, fun, and the best part of my day. Even if I personally prefer the lodge...I loved the time on the mountain.

reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
Leslie Ooten
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a new author to me, but this won't be the last book I pick up from her! The writing flowed well, and the characters are developed fully. The only thing that knocked this down for me was I felt like it could have been sped up a little. It just seemed like not everything was crucial to telling the story, so it could have been left out. I don't know if anyone remembers the movie Motocrossed, but this reminded me a lot of that, but with snowboarding. Wyatt and Channing were great together, ...more
Lula Pantoofle
This book was given to me free in exchange for an honest review

The story of snowboarding twin Channing and reigning champion gold medalist snowboarder Wyatt. This book was right up my alley. I love a sports romance and I particularly like ones about snowboarding or surfing so it gets a high rating purely for having all the trophes I personally love.

The characters
Channing is a local who has boarded every day for most of her life and you really felt that. She was strong and athletic; a tomboy
Ally Vance
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I flew through the pages of this book. An engaging story with relatable and well rounded characters, a plot that had me rubbing my hands together with anticipation, drama, humour and some scenes so hot snow would melt!

I was on the edge of my seat early into this as it was so much waiting to see IF the penny would drop, but WHEN it would drop. My god I thought my stomach had fallen out, you know that feeling when you make the plummet on a rollercoaster. It was just like that.

The characters were
Cassie May
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
This book had me in tears from page One. Not because the plot was particularly sad, but because the overall mood of the book was so SAD. The characters were so beautifully broken and sad and lonely. Each of them in their own way giving glimpses of stories and what’s about to come in later books.
This book was about Channing and Wyatt, two snowboarders with their own demons to fight and secrets to hide. I fell in love with them immediately. I don’t
Ariadna Basulto
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sports romance novels are totally my jam! But this is only the second book where the story is centered around snowboarding. To top it off the heroine is the jock. All the yes!! I flew through this book because I couldn’t put it down.

I’m a Southern California girl who prefers books to the great outdoors so I know squat about the sport, but the blow-by-blow description is so vivid I felt like I was right there on the mountain.

Wyatt and Channing as a couple weren’t the obvious pairing yet they
Lisa Hill
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to diving in to this book. I really rate this author and the setting for this book was unusual - snowboarding isn’t the most obvious sport to use as a backdrop.

I know very little about snowboarding but the detail in this book seemed impressive. That’s without the love story going on. Oh my! Channing and Wyatt are not the most obvious couple either - a poster boy for the Abercrombie & Fitch lifestyle and a tomboy. But they were totally believable and it worked so
T.L. Clark
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Well, it can sure get hot in the snow! Phew!!

This book is genuinely riveting. Plenty of action and drama.
The characters are well developed, and have the right amount of angst to contend with.

It's set on a snowy mountain where snowboarders roam.
Channing is a female snowboarder who's more like one of the guys, thanks to the influence of her twin brother and his mates.

There's a great deal of personal growth in this tale. Inner battles as much as the battle for gold on the slopes.

Oh, and a
Kailyn Everitt
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I absolutely loved this book! I'm from Texas so I've never experienced enough snow to do anything other than build a mini snowman, but this book was so detailed I could imagine being on the mountain with them. (I totally want to go to Colorado now) I loved the atmosphere and the rivalry that comes along with sports.
My girl Channing is fabulous! Her ability to keep everything together, and her faithfulness to her brother and the sport was so beautiful. I often feel girls in books tend to lose
Katie Silvi of BBKA
Fan-Freaking-Tastic!!! 5 Stars!!

HOLY CANOLI! THIS IS A FANFREAKINGTASTIC BOOK!

Up In The Air, is the first book that I have read of Dr. Rebecca Sharp, and let me tell you she made me a fan for life.

Up In The Air, is such a great, adventurous and thrilling read. I love the characters, the world they live in, and the turmoil that surround Channing.

Channing Ryder is a freaking warrior on a snowboard. Her life is turned upside down when her twin brother disappears. Not wanting to waste and
Reva Coomer
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steamy in the snow! Wyatt is Amazing with a capital A! He is a sweetheart, with enough Alpha male to make you swoon. Channing is not your typical girl, more tomboy, but I love her all the more for it. No one has ever really made her feel girly and sexy before Wyatt, and of course he has to be the competition. But even knowing that, Channing can't stay away. The attraction between them is hott enough to melt the Mountain slopes. The "date" night they have is soooo dreamy...swoon! Can't wait for ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new author to me, and I was unsure what to expect, but I need not have worried. Channing is a female snowboarder, who is more of a tomboy, and Wyatt is the sexy alpha, who is her competition. The chemistry between these two is steamy. This story is filled with angst, drama, action, and love. I look forward to reading more of this authors’ work, and I will certainly be adding her to my favourites and 1-click lists!

Ian D.
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Steamy enough to thaw the mountainsides!

A nice romance story with lots of sources of “will-they-won’t-they” tension, two engaging main characters, enough details of the settings and sports for it all to seem plausible, and some very steamy intimate scenes. Saucy chick-lit and I enjoyed it from start to end.
Emma
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

I loved this book. Channing and Wyatt' s story draws you in and holds you captivated. I cant wait for the chance to get to know more about the other characters and find out their stories as well. I will be watching out for the next instalment. A must read.
Corinne Akers
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Up in the Air

Wyatt & Channing heat up the pages of this book!! Even though I read book 2 before book 1, I still enjoyed reading their story! They are so freakin cute together and I loved the storyline of this book!! I really enjoyed this book!!
Cari
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Channing and Wyatt's story. There chemistry was undeniable. Channing was reeling from her brother deciding to go off the grid for a bit after a serious injury in a snowboarding competition. Channing wanting to win for her brother Chance, and prove herself in the winter X games. Then she meets Wyatt who changes her outlook on what's important. This book is a definite must read for romance lovers.
Victoria Raven
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Channing and Wyatt. I loved that straight from the outset they lusted for each other so strongly.
Wyatt was like a storm, he came out of nowhere and just swept Channing straight up. He can tell she is keeping something/s from him but he doesn't push her. He helps her and cares for her and protects her. He is very loving and she equally falls for him, straight over that mountain.
They are so good for one another and you can see that what they have is special and hot.
Yes, Channing is
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
"When Channing decides to enter the snowboarding competition as her twin brother Chance, she never expected to fall for her competition Wyatt. Can Channing win the competition for her brother and still keep Wyatt?

I really enjoyed the background of the story and that it was centered around snowboarding. Even if you had no clue about snowboarding, the Author explained the terminology enough that you would understand how it works.

There were many twists and turns in this book and the chemistry
Michelle Krystel
Ride of your life

I read chances book first I knew I after it that I had to read the first two. Now I'm doing that, and wow this was so much better then I thought it was gonna be. I'm truly in awe of these boys riders they are incredible. On to Emmett next
Chrystal
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness I loved this book. Such a great story of Wyatt and Channing. The love that Channing had for her twin brother. I definitely recommend this book.
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I loved this book! It started a bit slow for me but it didn't take long to pick up. I loved the story and the characters. I can't wait for the next book!
Sparklin
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, bmbb-rev
This author is new to me. Once I started, I could not put the book down. The book was so good. It had a good storyline. The story had a little bit of everything suspense, romance and angst. I can't wait to see what's up next.
Rmederios
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a cute story about what's more important, winning in the games or winning in love. Channing singularity focus is winning the X games. She's already going under the guise of her twin brother Chance. So she doesn't need the extra distraction of Wyatt Olsen.
Wyatt is just trying to figure out what he wants to do after the games. After his first encounter with Channing, hes more confused then ever.
Im not normally a sports romance reader but this is a really cute story. Thank goodness the
Denise Woodruff
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted a copy of this..
I love it. It left me wanting more
Jessica
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read a sports romance before and had no idea how much I would love it! Dr. Rebecca Sharp was also a new to me author that I will definitely be reading more of. I completely devoured this book. I loved the way the characters developed. I love an alpha male, but I love a strong and feisty female character even more! The chemistry and tension between Chan and Wyatt was amazing.

There were so many great things in this book - passion, naughtiness, romance, angst. I almost didn’t pick it
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine books/editions 7 41 May 17, 2019 04:05PM
New Adult Book Club: #24/18 Up In the Air by Dr. Rebecca Sharp 55 77 Apr 30, 2018 11:27PM

• A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It Book 1)
  • The Fake (Smart Jocks #4)
  • Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet Book 2)
  • Lip Smacker
  • Like You Want It
  • The Exiled Prince (Royal Secrets, #1)
  • Like You Mean It
  • Unexpected Surprise
  • The Plus Ones
  • Dreams of 18
  • I Knead You Tonight
  • Marcus (Signature Sweethearts, #6)
  • What We Do in the Light (Day to Night, #2)
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Only the Positive (Only You, #1)
  • Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • Intersect (Parallel Duet, #2)
  • Famous
**Healing Heartaches One Alpha at a Time**
I’m a dentist by day and author by night!

Want to know more? Connect with me (#stalkme) at one or all of the links below!

Mailing List: http://bit.ly/StaySharpSignUp

Facebook: www.facebook.com/drrebeccasharp

Facebook Reader Group (My Sexy Sharpies): https://goo.gl/RrNZvT

Amazon Author Page: https://goo.gl/6wGFyV

Instagram: www.instagram.com/drrebeccasharp

Winter Games (5 books)
  • On the Edge (Winter Games, #2)
  • Enjoy the Ride (Winter Games, #3)
  • In Too Deep (Winter Games, #4)
  • Over the Top (Winter Games, #5)