Start by marking “Between (Tory's School for the Troubled #1)” as Want to Read:
Between (Tory's School for the Troubled #1)

Between

(Tory's School for the Troubled #1)

They say I’m troubled.

They tell me I’m damaged.

They ridicule me, point fingers at me, and send me away.

Tory’s School for the Troubled is supposed to be my redemption.

Instead, it’s my new hell.

In this school, I’m surrounded by the broken and the hurt. The liars and the psychopaths.

Everybody at the school is hiding behind a mask, including the professors.

They say monsters

Published November 29th 2019 by Covey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Between, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between

Start your review of Between (Tory's School for the Troubled #1)
Heather Gilbert
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Becomes clear

I love Katie May, but this book took me far too long to get in to. It just felt all over the place and confusing, both action and emotion wise. However, that starts to clear when you start figuring out what is REALLY going on - and you will, long before Biananca hears the truth. The revelation starts slow, weaving through the disjointed narrative, then suddenly, you just know - and everything else makes sense. It is supposed to be confusing. I won’t spoil it, but trust me, it’s
Paula
Nov 29, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: reverseharem
DNF

I don't like the h
My Literary Romance
A mystery wrapped in a nightmare!

Well, well, that was one deliciously confusing book.. At first. But the more you read, the more things start clicking into place, however slowly. And yes, there are several unanswered issues and mysteries by the end of the book, but at least the name of the school will finally make sense, if nothing else.

I don't think I could describe the plot even if I wanted to.. The only clue I can give you, without spoiling anything, is that even though things won't make
Jennifer G
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bianaca was sent away; sent to a school for troubled teens. Except she doesn't remember how she got there or what she did. And nothing at the school is as it seems. The professors, the classes, even the other students. Something is wrong. Her best friend, the one she's secretly in love with is there. So is her tormentor, her step-brother. Then there are the Three Horsemen. They target her, accuse her of crimes she couldn't possibly have committed, destroy her belongings, lie to her. Even her ...more
Anne
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
The plot is actually pretty exceptional. It's twisted - probably the most twisted I've read from Katie May (to the extent that everything will only make sense at the end). Imo, it definitely has more potential. I really think it even deserves 5 stars.

The execution, though...let's just say readers who didn't finish are not exactly to be blamed. Personally, I went through the end out of the fact that I love most of the author's works.

My biggest problem is the characters. I know, I know. It's just
Michelle Sutton
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Interesting story but fell flat and drug out

I actually enjoyed the story concept at the end. I felt it was drug out while nothing happened. Felt that it got interesting only on the last words and then it was over. Do not like the lead female and it annoyed me on the "teasing" romantic concept. I do plan on reading the next one and hoping the intro to this story was just that, an intro into this world. The story is set up, now I'm hoping it gets better. So far, the lead female is just irritating
Aimee
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall I found this story fascinating! The plot keeps enough mystery and flow to keep me interested without boring me. The characters all have their own secrets that we get little hints of but not enough to reveal everything as of yet. The cliffhanger I liked and does have me excited for the next book. My only issues came from at times being a bit confused on the story jumping around but that may be on purpose for the plot. Also I found the use of the word succinct too frequent for a ...more
Simone
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another amazing horror/rh/mystery thriller from Katie May that left me wanting more!

Between is one of those mystery set-up novels that poses a lot of questions and questionable scenarios. I loved the intrigue set up scene by scene, and how the little elements of the genre mix poked through unexpectedly.

However, this book felt too brief and quick for me. I finished before I was done, and that left me a bit frustrated. I felt the pacing and movements were perfect when reading it, but the ending
Rebecca ellis
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She did it again

Katie May obviously hates me because she keeps putting out these amazing books but ending them with cliffhangers!!!
I have a love/hate relationship with her.
Between blew my mind. This was such a creepy book and super hot. I loved it.
Just when I started to think I knew what was going on something else would happen and I was left scratching my head in confusion.
Read this book.
It is so amazing!
Erin
Love!

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in this book and I am totally ok with that. I loved it! It sucks you in from the very beginning and doesn't let go. The characters are all likeable and there is just enough steam to make you fan your face. Can't wait for the next one!
Claudia Coenen
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I admit when starting this book I thought it was going to be another academy book, dont get me wrong I love academy books, but this one is different, the start will keep you questioning the whole book, and as soon as you think you got it or some part of it, the rules change, it also has something of a bully romance but not really.

Cant wait for the next installment because I need answers!
Michelle
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brittany Devlin
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was extremely intriguing. I love the guys. Its so mysterious though. I dont want to give away any spoilera but the book kept me guessing the while time till the very last page. Then wow! I cannot wait to read more on this. What happened to the sister? I have so many questions I cant wait to get answers to.
⭐Barbara S⭐
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bully, mystery, harem
Between (Tory's School for the Troubled #1)

What the Hell 4 stars

What was it I was just read?
I didn't understand this book anything
It was so complicated dark Mystery bulling and hot scenes !!!
Hot guys there were a lot of them
Some kind of strange things happened there

And that's the end of the book even more crazier

Thank you!
Sara
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a little iffy about this book in the beginning. I'm so glad I decided to read this book it was amazing. I love B she is so sassy and refuses to show weakness and back down more main females need to be like this. I cant wait for book two I have to know what happens next. I definitely recommend this book!
MB-GIBEAULT
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Soooo GOOD!

This book definitely had me confused for most it. Questioning what was going on. But eventually lost of it came together. A very interesting concept and storyline. If you are not into dark stories, I suggest you do not read this because it is pretty dark. Also, there are lots of triggers so beware of that. Loved this and cant wait to read the next one!
Jackie
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very hectic. So much going on in one setting. There are so many open questions. It's a bully RH with a mystery thriller, and supernatural horror added in. As someone who only a fan of two of these things it was hard to get into. IT was a lot. I still want to read the next book, but like after I read something less heavy.
Nicole
Shook

Holy crap. I’m not even surprised anymore by the wonderful stories Katie produces. The mystery and horror was EVERYTHING. And Beau my sweet sweet child I love him so much :’) Dying for the next one!!
Melissa Hickman
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!!!

Bianaca is a kickass heroine who gives as good as she gets!!! This book is full of mystery and intrigue and a unique storyline. I can’t wait to see what happens next!
Ashley Lilly
Loved this book

This book was so good but I already knew it would be anything Katie May writes is amazing..I kinda figured out early on what was going on but I can't wait to read more to find out what happens next
Susanne
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book! Sometimes I felt it was a little rushed, and other times I felt the author just filled the Pages with fluff! But overall a very good book that keeps you on your toes to the very end- and you just need more!
Angela James
Holy Smokes!

Well, I wasn't expecting that! Holy Smokes. This book is all kinds of suspenseful and mysterious with dark undertones. I loved it. I was completely sucked in and got lost in this world. Give me more!
Katie Jane
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind screw

This book is excellent. I feel like my brains been turned inside out. As always with Katie May, it is excellently written and holds your attention from the first page. I’m super excited to see where it’s going.
Michelle
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sorry I just couldn’t get into it.
Judelmy
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jennifer Paulet
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good book

Good book but confusing I always enjoy this author for her unique approach to writing and was not disappointed at all!
Amber
Spooky!

This was a spooky, what the heck is going on kind of book. The story was fascinating and I am looking forward to finding out more.
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The book was interesting, but was a little too short. It just started to get good when it ended. I will definitely read the next one just to try and figure out what is going on.
Robin
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a must read

Not going to lie, it is a slightly dark story but a really good read. Cant wait to continue the series .
Connie Hawley
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it

The book like other of Katie mays has dark areas. The main character is strong and soft, has flows but is relatable too. Keep it up katie

• Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Savage Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #2)
  • Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • Consequence (Holly Oak Academy #1)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #3)
  • Hateful Heroes (Gifted Academy #3)
  • Wicked Blaze Correctional (The Wronged, #1)
  • Smoke and Mistletoe (Best Wishes #3)
  • Boys and Burlesque
  • Sins: A Dark High School Bully Romance
  • Powerless (Steel Demons MC #2)
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Friends With The Monsters
  • Fated Magic (Academy of the Elites, #3)
  • Delinquent (Academy of Misfits #1)