Start by marking “Shattered Dreams” as Want to Read:
Shattered Dreams

Shattered Dreams

The day I married the love of my life I was certain it would be forever. It was as easy as breathing, saying our vows in front of family and friends, promising to love each other for the rest of our lives.

But then came the hard part, the part where you realize that nothing in life is simple—not even love.

Drew and I drifted apart, and seven years later the same man who
Published November 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Dreams

Start your review of Shattered Dreams
Debbie DiFiore
Nov 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Lots of unanswered questions

I liked this book very much. Even after reading it, I am still confused about one very important thing. I still don't know why he asked for the divorce. It was never explained at all. I mean there was a blah blah blah answer but it didn't make sense. I just didn't get it. The whole trip to Africa thing was odd. Everything was just off. I didn't understand anything but I do believe this; they lived each other. I loved her Mother and thought she was a hoot. I really lov
Dana
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m wrapping my head around all my feelings right now. This was a beautiful love story about a husband and wife and how life just happens.

We always think that everything in life is guaranteed but what happens when it’s not. I connected with both Maggie and Drew on so many levels. Shattered Dreams hit me so hard in the heart and the head because I’ve experienced the shattered dream.

Thank you Ms. Barber for this beautiful story. It portrayed both sides of the marriage and the troubles that exist
CLiK Books
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Dreams - Rebecca Barber
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Shattered Dreams is a true departure from the stories we’re used to from Rebecca Barber but no less brilliant.

Maggie and Drew have a wonderful life together until their world starts to unravel. They each have such a difficult emotional journey in this story but it’s definitely Maggie who struggles the most with her present and their future together.

So much angst but a very touching and honest story that will strike a chord with many people. A triumph o
Alicia Huxtable
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG

Whenever I read anything by Rebecca Barber, I can guarantee tears, happy and sad. But the best thing is I know they will be worth it!! I felt connected to Maggie in this story, more with her insecurities than her other troubles. But O definitely liked Drews character too
Wendy Livingstone
Maggie and Drew are married, and despite the love they have for each other, when life throws a curve ball into the mix, can these two overcome and deal with their troubles together, or are they on a journey of separate paths? This is a beautifully written story which contains both POV’s, and is an emotional, heartbreaking, raw, gritty, heart-wrenching, and humorous stories, with added angst, thrown into the mix, which had me enthralled throughout this touching tale. I cannot wait to read more fr ...more
Sandra Loves Reading
This was a real surprise of a story. Not at all what I expected. Having read a few of Rebecca Barber's books I thought this would be a straightforward tale. But it's far from that.
Maggie and Drew made me laugh and they sure as hell made me cry.
Told from a dual POV it tells of a marriage - it's highs and it's lows, the love and heartbreak, the guilt and the loss.
My words can't do this tale justice - you really need to read it for yourself...just have some tissues handy...
Marnie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart shattering must-read.

I wish I could come up with a review good enough for this book, but I can’t. Instead you’ll find my usual slurry of words that will tell you that you just have to read this book.

This is a very different story to what I have read from Rebecca Barber before, but the typical wit and humour are as present in this heart shattering book as they are in everything else that she has written. And, I can only say that this book is the spokesperson for so many lives, and may ev
Stacey Broadbent
This was my first taste of a Rebecca Barber story, and let me tell you, I'm hooked! She has a beautiful way of writing, and this story is one I think many will resonate with.
I'm not gonna lie, it made me cry. Such a heartfelt story that made me really feel for the characters. Thankfully, I haven't had to go through anything like that in my life, but I know there will be so many others who have been there, and I think it will be somewhat therapeutic to read. I also think it will perhaps open eye
Janeen
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O.M.G. I'm shattered literally. This is a heartbreaking HEA. Although this is not what I consider the Authors usual domain- its still epic.

This story is the struggle of a real-life couple who face a very emotional journey with life choices. This story is told in such a way that you just can't help becoming involved and living it with them.

Rebecca Barber you are a LEGEND.

Emma (Emlovesreading)
This book is one of those books that truly makes you feel so much. It’s heartbreaking in places and yet there is so much love at other times.
I truly, truly loved Maggie. I think she was so strong, and for me this story is definitely one that needs to be told.
We as a society put so much pressure on married women to create what has been drummed into us that sometimes we forget that, that ‘dream’ is sometimes unattainable to some.
Maggie loves her husband Drew so much, but when he checks out of t
Kari Hansen
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Maggie and Drew fell in love and got married they thought that nothing could penetrate their happy ever after but they are about to realize that not all dreams come true and you must decide what truly makes you happy.

They had their life all planned out but when life threw a wrench into their plans they were left reeling and instead of it bringing them together it tore them apart. Maggie faces a crossroads and the decision she makes causes Drew to reflect on what has happened to their relati
LLS
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such an emotional journey! Maggie and Drew are married and living happily ever after, but are they? What if the one thing you want more than anything else in the world is not meant to be? How do you deal with the cards that you have been dealt? Does it make you stronger together or does it tear you apart? What a journey these two went on! Their story was heartbreaking, frustrating and ultimately uplifting. This story resonated with me and I am sure others on a personal level. It is not ...more
Charli Jeffries
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was refreshing to read. Its a REAL story with all the bumps and turns of a true romance that occurs in real life not in fiction. This book is written with love, its emotional, raw and touches on sensitive issues (the main characters struggle to conceive) but it is handled delicately and most importantly it stays true. This is a tearjerker in places, and the push and pull of the relationship between the characters is realistic. I loved it, very different from the author's other books bu ...more
Tracey Zelukovic
OMG I loved this book, it's a real romance book and it has you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens. ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

We always think that everything in life is guaranteed but what happens when it’s not. I connected with both Maggie and Drew I’m so many levels. Shattered Dreams hit me so hard in the heart and the head because I’ve experienced the shattered dream.

Books and Lyrics Blog
Rebecca Barber delivers a heart felt and angst filled book about married couple Maggie and Drew.
Maggie and Drew have what seems to be the perfect marriage until they are thrown a curve ball neither of them quite know how to navigate their way through.
This a book not only about Maggie finding herself, but finding a way to come to turns with a heart breaking situation and finding away to save her happily ever after.
D.L. Gallie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an emotional amazing rollercoaster
I felt all the emotions while reading Broken Dreams, and everything in between
I alternated between hating each of the leads due to their stupid actions but at the same time, I understood and felt for them
I now really want to go to Africa and to east a gooey ham & cheese croissant
Shaztwirl
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Not What I Hoped

I expected a shed load of angst. I wanted tears. An ugly cry. I mean the book came up on a search on Amazon using just 2 words...Ugly Cry.

What I got was increasingly frustrated at a horrible inability to communicate and 4 hours of conversations with no conclusion.Even the 6 months epilogue was a cop out. Did the author get as far up as me and try to find the quickest exit path?
Paige Whitecotton
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a tough one.

What a tough read. Shattering really. Drew and Maggie just wanted the life they planned but that’s not what they got. Now they just have to filigree out what they want now. Beautiful heart breaking story.
Jazzmin Langman
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet

What an incredibly cute story with a happy ending. I have to say I wasn’t sure if it would have one but I was pleasantly surprised. Not a re read for me but I’m glad i gave this new to me author a try
Heidi Marvin
Ok, this is a 3.5 book for me. It was good but I wouldn’t rave over it. I was well on track to loving this book until the last 15%. I literally looked to see how much more I had to go because I wanted to be done at that point. The first half of the book I loved Maggie and her adventure to Africa was pretty amazing. Then book dragged on and as it went Maggie became annoying to me. I wanted to grab her and shake her if she said “I’m fine” more more time, ugh, I hate that. If the conclusion had wra ...more
R yatsko
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book, it is an incredible read, beautifully written.
This story is an emotional journey that will stay with you for a long time.

The characters are so ethnic, that it could be you, a neighbor, a friend.
It is so realistic, that every emotions consume you, that makes you feel.

Rebecca Barber
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tori
Renee
rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2020

• Forgiven
  • Loves Me Not (Slade Brothers, #4)
  • The Throne of Pain (The Romanos, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Still The One (The Heartbreak Brothers, #2)
  • The Other Woman: Promises Made, Promises Broken
  • The Fabric of Us
  • Tree Climbing for Beginners
  • No Commitment (Capital Kingsmen #1)
  • Flames
  • The Secrets in Forever
  • Rumor Going 'Round (Lyrics and Love, #3)
  • Love, Hate & Us
  • Filthy Dark (Five Points' Mob Collection #3)
  • Tied: A Dark Possession Novel
  • Daddy's Secret Baby
  • Dark Russian Angel
Rebecca is a clumsy, introverted, bubble bath loving, chocoholic who'd rather read a book than go shopping. And don't even mention shoe shopping!

Rebecca is a lucky girl - one of four kids to school teacher parents. Wife to a football obsessed husband. Aunt to the most crazy/adorable little girls. And sister to two very determined sisters and one easy going brother.

Rebecca lives in Canberra Austra