Start by marking “Cold Calculation (Criminal Intentions #16)” as Want to Read:
Cold Calculation (Criminal Intentions #16)

Cold Calculation

(Criminal Intentions #16)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

How do you profile a serial killer who keeps changing his pattern?

A body encased in ice and a cryptic message make Malcolm, Seong-Jae, and Aanga Joshi question everything they thought they'd learned about the Golden Ratio Killer. If their suspect can change his methods and alter his patterns, he could easily disappear...

...along with any chance of c
Published December 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cold Calculation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Calculation

Start your review of Cold Calculation (Criminal Intentions #16)
Simone
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RAWRRRRRRR
Ähnliches Foto

Yeah, I feel you, buddy... I'm pissed at Seong-Jae too. I really love this guy, I do, but... come on! New secrets? Again? Or should I say old secrets trying for resurrection? I mean everyone should have some secrets, but those where it's life or death? Nuh-uh. I have to say that I do understand where he's coming from and that it is hard for him to overcome his emotional damage, but he's hurting my poor Mal and that throws me right into momma-bear mode. *double RAWRRRRRRR*

I'm jo
Lau Novas
Loving someone enough to give them what they needed hurt a hell of a lot more than loving them enough to demand what he wanted.

This horrible case is leaving me helpless and with no clue about what’s going to happen. Also, Seong-Jae should have learned the lesson and t-a-l-k. Thank God, Mal is patient and in love with him, or this would have being a disaster.

Also, I might be the only one who doesn’t hate Aanga. Don’t get me wrong: he’s annoying and sometimes I want to punch him in the face,
MarianR
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
I may have shed a couple of tears. Reading the killer's POV is very hard, it scares me but it also hooks me.
There's drama here, and even though I wanted to shake Seong-Jae, I'm not going to lie, I loved it🤣.
All my girls show up, I love them❤️.

"He tried, catching Malcolm from behind, wrapping his arms around his waist and leaning into him, pressing his cheek against that broad back and just…holding. Holding on to his heat, until it felt like Malcolm was the only warm thing in the world beating t
Ariana
* 4,5 stars*

Is this really only episode 3 in this season, guys?
Cause it seems that Malcolm and Seong-Jae have been in Los Angeles forever. And not that it’s been doing them any good.

The horror of the case, the unrelenting brutality of it, the frustration of getting nowhere fast, if anywhere at all, are starting to impact on both men. On a personal level.

Old insecurities bubble up from deep below, causing a widening rift that bruises each guy in its own way.

For Malcolm it seems like a deja-vu.

Ma
Lisazj1
Holy crap, I am just drained. More secrets, more “oh shit” info come to light and more heartache. With a tiny, tiny light at the end of the tunnel. But which way will it go? 😕

I would rest a lot easier if I knew (view spoiler)?

I got nothing else, really. And now I wait *or stew, but whatever* until next month.

**Edit: I had to come back and note to the author - Cole McCade, I both love you and ha
~✿ Maria ✿~
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: police-crime-mm
This one made me cry!! I really felt for Malcolm, his love and desperation for Seong-Jae was so painful to watch as Seong-Jae pushed him away. His attempts to stay patient and reach out kept being denied and it was so frustrating to watch them return to their old patterns. I completely understand where Seong-Jae was coming from and his trauma response but I still wanted to shake him!! Like SIR pleeaaase not again!!! Communicate for the love of god 😭 I just want them happy and in love. Joshi is ...more
Oshiiy
3.75 stars ⭐️ Oh, damn Seong-Jae, I'm frustrated. This episode made me sad. 😭
🤷‍♀️ Why is SJ always hurting Malcolm?
🤷‍♀️ Isn't he the one who promised Arash to protect Malcolm?
🤷‍♀️ Isn't he the one who told Malcolm that people took advantage of his soft nature?
🤷‍♀️ Why does Mal always think that he is the one who should beg forgiveness, yet Seong-Jae the one who shut down on Malcolm?
🤷‍♀️ How he could keep doing it to Mal?

Malcolm is hurting. 🤕

I'm really pissed off. Seong-Jae’s whole life is
Elisa Glendenning
4.5 Stars

What did I say about the last episode because I take it all back. This was by far, the hardest. How I got through Chapter 0, I’ll never know. Why Cole McCade? Why? 😩

Too tired to write a review right now as Seong-Jae’s antics have left me exhausted. I just wanted to shake some sense into that jot! There had best be some grovelling/ILY’s in the near future because I’m not a happy bunny 🐰🪓🩸🤣

Onto the next one then so I can get tortured some more. Just joking - I LOVE IT 😜
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

Whew, what a third installment to season 2.

One thing that was clear throughout this, is that Malcolm and Seong-Jae's issues from season 1 are very much there. And very much should be addressed and worked through.

I, personally, don't feel like a break up is coming - not only because of a slightly hopeful end to this installment - but because I feel like both Malcolm and Seong-Jae want their relationship too much to give up this easily.

Not to say that things are easy, but I would just ra
Deborah
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it

I found this book exhausting.
I hated that Seong-Jae is pulling away. Keeping secrets. And upsetting Malcolm.
The case is frustrating enough as it is. Without my two guys struggling as well.
And it’s still gruesome. But that will continue I know.
I’m annoyed with myself for starting this series when I know it isn’t finished. It’s going to drive me crazy.
Chris
4.5 stars ... thus is intense, emotionally draining and extremely clever ...I love Malcolm & Seong Jae bit this angst “arrgghhh” it’s killing me !
Karen
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
and once again sh*ts getting real here....holy cow!!! What a freakin' series this is turning into...full review to follow...

I give up...I keep thinking this series can't possibly get better and then...

I read the next book only to discover that I'm wrong again...

For me the challenge is quickly becoming the fact that once I've read the next book what do I say? What words do I use to explain how amazing this series is. If we count last season we're 17 stories into this series and it's not loosi
Gerbera_Reads
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cole McCade certainly knows how to ramp up the tension and make me start biting my nails! Wow, this was just more everything - more vicious, more complicated and more emotionally charged. I always liked that the books started with the POV of the victim giving me a unique first row view of the murder that became the catalyst of the coming story. This time with the same killer, it was a bit more disturbing in a good kind of way, especially knowing what kind of havoc one person can wreak.

While lif
☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆
Think it's got to be another 4.5 stars. So many secrets, so little trust, a few more dropped hints...this series is making me crazy!! 🤯🤯🤯

Seong-Jae and Malcolm have hit a rough patch, mainly due to things Seong-Jae has discovered and is deliberately keeping from Malcolm [and driving Malcolm mad in the process] to a) protect him and b) not frighten him away when he learns of what happened in SJ's teenage years, BUT Seong-Jae has manned up, put two and two together on something in the Golden Ratio
♥Sharon♥
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Okay so you know I love these guys I really do but dear lord they are testing my patience!!!! I am so frustrated with what is happening. It's the secrets that are testing Malcolm and Seong-Jae and honestly I haven't a f'ing clue what will happen.

This psycho has taken them and Joshi on this wild goose chase leaving death and so many questions in his wake. But as some of the pieces of the puzzle come together it is Seong-Jae that feels the weight of it all. He is being sucked back into the darkest
Athira
Jul 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome-series, lgbtq
Seong-Jae!!!!! Damn it, his secrets are like those layered boxes, where you keep opening one to find a new one! While I understand his reasons, he's hurting Mal! And that just breaks my heart.

Still not a fan of Joshi. Gah, I really don't care about him! Adelaide with a crush is adorable. Sade and Huang made me sad. Anjulie and Gabi also made me sad. This is a sad episode for all the relationships I guess.

The case is very intriguing because we are only getting pieces here and there. I'm really i
Kelsie ♡
May 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved, angst-fest
Phew! This was a difficult one.

The murders - horrifying.
The investigation - slow moving.
The relationship - FRUSTRATING.

Especially Seong-Jae. He’s usually my baby but omg I wanted to strangle him in this book.

Glad someone is up to speed with what I’ve been thinking about Sila. But gosh that’s horrifying to think about. How do you become something so horrid after living through it and knowing what it does to people? Depressing af.

Also, the first chapter being from a victim’s POV don’t normal
Mariah
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I. Fucking. Knew. It.
Rheo
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cover, m-m, crime, dark, cold
Ugh, I'm staring to hate Seong-Jae just a little bit. Isn't he the one who promised Malcolm he would protect him from people who would take advantage of his soft nature? Now he's the one taking advantage of Malcolm. Their relationship is starting to sound toxic and honestly, I hate it.

And I think I've read way too many Gregory Ashes' books 'cause I'm almost expecting Seong-Jae to get together with Joshi.

Where did Sade go by the way? I thought maybe he'd go and see Malcolm but, he's all the way
Rosabel
Sep 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Donna
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
Lorraine Lesar
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
See my review for Book 26.
**Kaycee**
**4.5 stars**

I rarely round up to a 5. But I couldn't give this book a 4.

I don't know how Cole McCade puts out either a full novel or long novella of quality every month. This book, like most in this series, features another victim of the "Golden Ratio Killer." (well two, but one on page). This murder was different because there were two witnesses. And while Seong-Jae and Malcolm are hard on the case, they both are feeling frustrated. Frustrated because they haven't solved this case yet, frustr
ReadingAllNite
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read, author-site, m-m
4.5 stars only because I didn’t buy into a few details and Seong Jae is an idiot. Why do he and Malcolm always make me teary? This one is only slightly less gruesome but you should know by now what chapter one is like. This is one long, convoluted plot/story arc and I am awed over and over by the fluid narrative Cole McCade produces in book after book. With the pace of writing he manages I seriously wonder sometimes if he’s really human.

*An ARC was provided by the author, publisher or a promoti
Lori¸¸¸.•*❀Ɍɛɑɗs̱LɪƙɛIʈs̱H̱ɛɍJɔɓ  유❤유
All I have to say is that I hate seeing Malcom and Seong-Jae suffer. I don't like the way Seong-Jae treats Mal and I understand that he's flawed and has his reasons but that doesn't make it right.

It's reaching a level of high frustration in the series that is a little scary because this is only the third book and since this season follows the same killer, it is only going to get worse.
Ivka_s_knihou
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, cops
Everything is falling apart and I'm slowly dying, but these to have to stay together through thick and thin. ...more
Claire
3.5 stars rounded up ... missing some action in this one
Caipi
Ugh, talk!!
You need to trust and talk!

Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Wrecked, shattered, is there any more words I could add to this? That’s where I am right now. I don’t know where it even start. Yoon. Yoon..... why? Why?! I love you but I want to kick you in your behind right now. You are suppose to learn from your mistakes. That’s a part of growing up. Sigh. I ugly cried with this one. Silently because It was late night. But when that little girl lost it... I even teared up with Sade. And they aren’t my favorite. I’m still a little miffed from last season but ...more
alexhenryfirst
May 26, 2020 rated it really liked it

This episode was all about heartbreak. All relationships were messed up and I'm just here trying to hold my shit together.

Only for the case to be the end of their relationship.
It wouldn’t be the case and you know it.
It would be the fact that deep down, you don’t trust him anymore.
trust fucking issues, here we go *sigh*

Relationships aside, I really liked how 3 episodes in, our dutiful detectives still have got no clue who TGKR is. And it just makes it all the more satisfying once Mal
« previous 1 3 next »

• When Death Frees the Devil (Death and the Devil, #3)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Police Brutality (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #2)
  • The Night Of
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • The Rational Faculty (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #1)
  • Conspiracy Theory (Veiled Intentions #1)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • The Murder Between Us (A Noah & Cole Thriller, #1)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Transactional Dynamics (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #3)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds, #8)
  • Long Shadow (Veiled Intentions #2)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Stars (Executive Power #2)
See top shelves…
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions #10)