Start by marking “The Trouble In Willow Falls (Willow Falls Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble In Willow Falls (Willow Falls Series Book 2)

The Trouble In Willow Falls

(Willow Falls #2)

After a scathing blogger review and a negative Atlanta television newscast tarnish Willow Falls’ reputation as a secluded North Georgia tourist destination, the town council votes to use the remainder of its annual budget to hire a PR firm to restore the town's image. At a town-hall meeting, angry residents brainstorm ideas to boost Willow Falls’ appeal. When a second Atla ...more
Published November 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble In Willow Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble In Willow Falls

Start your review of The Trouble In Willow Falls (Willow Falls Series Book 2)
Lori
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I seen the cover of this book I knew I had to pick it up. I wasn't disappointed.
Nichols is a new to me author and I am now a forever fan.
I was hooked from page one until the very end!! This book will also leave you thinking about it long after it's done.
Nichols has made this story believable and realistic.
I can relate to a small town feel. I'm from two of them. I didn't care for the last one I was in because everyone knew everyone else's business and I don't like that! In this last town, m
Candy Smith
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very intriguing story of a town trying to recover its tourism after a bad review. Lives are challenged and changed! Through much change, turmoil, hope and dreams and chances for new beginnings, the town must find its way to the semblance they want to partry to its tourists but they must find themselves and heal what's broken within first.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

JMBooher
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrific Book!

I know this is the author second book. It is as good as the first. Ms. Nichols, you as are two for two. I adore this book and hope for more to come!
Erica Diamond
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Southern Hometown Story About Overcoming Bad Odds

Finding true love, fulfillment, community, enduring friendship, home and family in the midst of adversity, this book is about what we all truly want at the end of the day.
Randi Sampson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit that when I started reading The Trouble in Willow Falls, it took me quite some time to get into the story. I believe this was in large part because I had not read the previous book in the series. While this was fine as a standalone, I did find that I had a lot of questions about the characters that I believe would have been answered in book one. As such, it took me longer to really connect with the characters. It wasn't until about halfway through that I found myself truly investing ...more
Ibjoy1953
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

I’ve been watching for this second book since I read and reviewed book 1 in this series. I love the town of Willow Falls with its interesting mix of people who live there. Emily, Rachel, Charlie and Sadie are some of the main characters in this story, and each one brings a different flavor of personality to the town. I even enjoyed the bickering in the story, it makes it more realistic for me. The Trouble in Willow Falls is very well written, and with each vivid scene, i
Julia
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Trouble In Willow Falls by Pat Nichols is a delightful contemporary Christian novel about the ups and downs of small town living. It is the second book in the Willow Falls series.
Once again it is charming to have a return visit to Willow Falls. The characters are warm and welcoming and there is a real community spirit. Willow Falls is the place where love blooms, hearts and bodies heal and dreams do come true.
Seen as a failing town in terms of tourism, the whole town pulls together to reinst
Pam
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Trouble in Willow Falls: Willow Falls Series Book 2 is by Pat Nichols. When you set out to write a series, you must be very careful to make sure that the subsequent books are as good as or even better than your original book. Pat Nichols had done just that. This second books if packed full of lively and lovely community activities and corporation and even Love. This book shows what can be done by a little town to fix their tourist appeal so they can raise money to tun the hotel without them. ...more
Suzie Waltner
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Willow Falls, Georgia a town on the bring of failure. Even so, the residents are passionate about their small piece of the world and when their town is bashed on the internet, there is an uproar (like only small towns can cause).

Long-time resident Emily Hayes and her newly-found twin sister Rachel Streetman are thrust in the middle of a massive town renovation project that includes a theater remodel and putting on a play—this includes the writing, directing, and acting. And, of course, everyone
C Davis
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The second installment in the Willow Falls series is captivating and intense. The town of Willow Falls gets a review saying they are a dying town. This hits the community hard and they battle many obstacles to try and overcome the stigma. The characters are relatable and this story evokes many emotions. This story is mystery mixed with contemporary romance, well-written, and will have you on the edge of your seat, waiting to see what happens next. It may even make you wish for that small town co ...more
Joy B
Nov 24, 2019 added it
Captured me from start to finish

I enjoy this book as much as any book I’ve read in a long time. Although I have not read book one yet, I intend to go back and do that right away. But I pretty well figured out who was who and all the characters captured my interest and held it through the entire book. Living in North Georgia myself, I especially appreciated all the references to Atlanta and Georgia and the north Georgia mountains.
Pamela
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

I enjoyed the first book, but this one was even better! A small towns success is the sum of it's residents. Willow Falls had many people willing to work for its success. Emily and Rachel were great examples of two different type of women juggling their own personal goals and also those of the town. I live in North Georgia and wish it was a real town to visit!!
Alice LaJuett
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A small town dying pulling together to make it

I did not want this book to end! A small town that is dying pulls together to bring tourism to boost their economy. Add abandoned buildings, homeless veterans, a crook, small town gossip, and romance and you have a wonderful story! Don't miss this one!
Marie Price
Trouble with a capital T!

Such a heart warming story of life's various trials and tribulations along with miraculous recoveries . Pat Nichols shows the heart of people who care and want to make a difference in life. Great analogies too.
Laurel
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable read. When I first started reading it, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it. This book was very much like an onion. As you read, you peel off layer after layer of the good, & sometimes bad of small town life. ...more
Mary Payne
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Trouble in Willow Falls

Another amazing story by Pat Nichols. I love the characters and the description of small town life is very romantic
rebecca cox
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love

The characters are well written. I love the town of Willow Falls. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Janet E
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pat Nichils did it again.

Book 2 of Willow Falls is just as good as book 1. If you like small towns you will love this book.
E. Gaye
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Want many more

Excellent read. Hope to read more of her work in the future. Could not put the book down. Thank you
Jessica Straker
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whew

This town seems cursed. Everything that could go wrong did and a few things you didn’t think could. And then romance....as it was so sweet. I enjoyed it and recommend it.
Page-Turners
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was such a great read. What an awesome storyline. This book grabs you at page one and doesn't let you go. I really like her writing style. This is an author I will definitely continue to follow. I highly recommend this series. You won't be disappointed. Keep them coming Ms. Nichols. ...more
Patti Whitson Stephenson She Lives to Read
I loved the first book in this Willow Falls series, and I was delighted to have the opportunity to preview this second book. The thing I have loved most about these two books is the town itself. I grew up in a small southern town, and I think Pat Nichols has perfectly captured the heart of small town living: The sense of community; the willingness of neighbors to reach out and help others; the grumblings that sometimes will circulate through the citizens; and the pace of daily life that’s differ ...more
Pam
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Trouble in Willow Falls: Willow Falls Series Book two is by Pat Nichols. Pat Nichols has created Willow Falls, a small town in North Georgia, with such exquisite detail that it makes the reader want to get in his/her car and drive to the town to see it. The desire to meet thee fantastic members of the community would be a wonderful gift.
Rachel Streetman was on the streets of Atlanta heading to an audition. She noticed the homeless on the street and began to study them as her audition involv
Taylor Segen
3.5 which, for me, means definitely above average and that I am super-stingy with 4-5 star ratings.

This is the second in a series but if you didn't read the first you will still be okay (although I recommend you read them in order simply because that's what my obsessive nature drives me to do.)

Willow Falls is one of the quintessential small towns where everyone knows everyone and everyone's business. I can read the characters in Nichols' books and immediately assign the personalities to one of t
Mary
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Return to Willow Falls is even better than the first book in this series. Author Pat Nichols takes us back to this north Georgia community which is struggling for survival. We are reintroduced to the wonderful characters we met in her first novel, The Secret of Willow Inn, and learn even more about them and their lovely town.

Plans have been made to try and revive Willow Falls and turn it into a tourist mecca. However, making plans is easy, but following through with them brings many challenges.
Deena
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How much trouble can one small town handle? The residents show time and again how a town can come together to better itself. As in any town, outsiders are not always embraced, but boy can they make a difference. There are lessons to be learned, and the book addresses some current-day issues, but the book isn’t preachy. It’s just a down-right good read.

Pat Nichols does a fabulous job of weaving the various storylines to a satisfying conclusion. It was a fun read and I enjoyed how the characters
Carole Adams
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the opening paragraph, I was captured by the idea that this novel set in Georgia, would deal with interesting commentary issues of our times. As the main character, Rachel Streetman stands on a sidewalk in downtown Atlanta, she tries to imagine the marginalized, invisible life of the homeless people of the city. The author of this second novel in the series, Pat Nichols, weaves an interesting tale of two sisters who have a promise to fulfill, a dream to be realized. Add a mixture of small t ...more
Robin E. Mason
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so glad to spend time with these characters again. The theatre bit was a bonus for this actress!
Ms. Nichols brings her characters back for another whirlwind ride. One disaster is a fact of life; two disasters a crazy coincidence, but a third disaster is plain suspicious.
As the townspeople rally to recover from the derogatory blog post—disaster #1—they are divided in how best to save their town. The way they come together makes me wish I lived in a small town.
I was happy to see that Rachel
Donna Parcel
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC (I had already read and loved the first book) This author shapes her characters realistically and after the first book, I felt I already knew them and all their good and bad points.
It seems that if anything can go wrong it will and does. But the people of Willow Falls do what all small towns do when something goes wrong, they get upset and then they get to work deciding what to do and doing it.
You have the lady mail-carrier who wouldn't "gossip", but she knows wh
Barbara
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from beginning to end. Problem after problem clobbers this small town that is trying to make their town into a destination town. Like every group, there are always those that resist change mightily, but with love, kindness and some experts thrown into the mix, they help their town (and themselves) to grow and be closer to what they envision.
I enjoyed the relationships and how they grew. I didn't necessarily like all of the characters, but ultimately, they were presented as rea

• The Bridge Between (Low Country #2)
  • A Body on Fitzgerald’s Bluff (Seaview Cottages #1)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner #1)
  • Christmas Jam...boree (The Jelly Shop Mysteries Book 3)
  • Plotting for Murder (Cozy Mystery Bookshop #1)
  • Wrapping Up (A Wayfair Witches' Cozy Mystery #5)
  • Wilde Christmas (Cosset Cove Mystery #3)
  • God Bless the Child
  • Fur-miliar Felines (A Wonder Cats Mystery Book 7)
  • Pastrami Murder (Darling Deli, #1)
  • Still Waters (Low Country #1)
  • Murder at the Arts and Crafts Festival (Cleo Mack #3)
  • The Perfect Brew (Perfect Brew #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Agatha's Amish B&B #1)
  • Murder in the Family
  • The Secret Ingredient
  • Strands of Truth
  • Number's Up (Barrow Bay Mysteries #1)
Award winning author, Pat Nichols is proving it’s never too late to follow your dreams. She draws on a twenty-seven-year corporate career working with amazing women from all walks of life to write emotionally charged contemporary stories about women who face tension-laced challenges and heart-warming triumphs as they pursue their dreams.

The Secret of Willow Inn-book one in the Willow Falls series

Willow Falls (2 books)
  • The Secret of Willow Inn (Willow Falls Series)