Start by marking “The Trouble In Willow Falls (Willow Falls Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble In Willow Falls (Willow Falls Series Book 2)

The Trouble In Willow Falls

(Willow Falls #2)

After a scathing blogger review and a negative Atlanta television newscast tarnish Willow Falls’ reputation as a secluded North Georgia tourist destination, the town council votes to use the remainder of its annual budget to hire a PR firm to restore the town's image. At a town-hall meeting, angry residents brainstorm ideas to boost Willow Falls’ appeal. When a second ...more
Published November 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble In Willow Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble In Willow Falls

Start your review of The Trouble In Willow Falls (Willow Falls Series Book 2)
Lori
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I seen the cover of this book I knew I had to pick it up. I wasn't disappointed.
Nichols is a new to me author and I am now a forever fan.
I was hooked from page one until the very end!! This book will also leave you thinking about it long after it's done.
Nichols has made this story believable and realistic.
I can relate to a small town feel. I'm from two of them. I didn't care for the last one I was in because everyone knew everyone else's business and I don't like that! In this last town,
JMBooher
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrific Book!

I know this is the author second book. It is as good as the first. Ms. Nichols, you as are two for two. I adore this book and hope for more to come!
Erica Diamond
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Southern Hometown Story About Overcoming Bad Odds

Finding true love, fulfillment, community, enduring friendship, home and family in the midst of adversity, this book is about what we all truly want at the end of the day.
Randi Sampson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must admit that when I started reading The Trouble in Willow Falls, it took me quite some time to get into the story. I believe this was in large part because I had not read the previous book in the series. While this was fine as a standalone, I did find that I had a lot of questions about the characters that I believe would have been answered in book one. As such, it took me longer to really connect with the characters. It wasn't until about halfway through that I found myself truly investing ...more
Patti Whitson Stephenson She Lives to Read
I loved the first book in this Willow Falls series, and I was delighted to have the opportunity to preview this second book. The thing I have loved most about these two books is the town itself. I grew up in a small southern town, and I think Pat Nichols has perfectly captured the heart of small town living: The sense of community; the willingness of neighbors to reach out and help others; the grumblings that sometimes will circulate through the citizens; and the pace of daily life that’s ...more
Taylor Segen
3.5 which, for me, means definitely above average and that I am super-stingy with 4-5 star ratings.

This is the second in a series but if you didn't read the first you will still be okay (although I recommend you read them in order simply because that's what my obsessive nature drives me to do.)

Willow Falls is one of the quintessential small towns where everyone knows everyone and everyone's business. I can read the characters in Nichols' books and immediately assign the personalities to one of
Deena
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How much trouble can one small town handle? The residents show time and again how a town can come together to better itself. As in any town, outsiders are not always embraced, but boy can they make a difference. There are lessons to be learned, and the book addresses some current-day issues, but the book isn’t preachy. It’s just a down-right good read.

Pat Nichols does a fabulous job of weaving the various storylines to a satisfying conclusion. It was a fun read and I enjoyed how the characters
Carole Adams
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the opening paragraph, I was captured by the idea that this novel set in Georgia, would deal with interesting commentary issues of our times. As the main character, Rachel Streetman stands on a sidewalk in downtown Atlanta, she tries to imagine the marginalized, invisible life of the homeless people of the city. The author of this second novel in the series, Pat Nichols, weaves an interesting tale of two sisters who have a promise to fulfill, a dream to be realized. Add a mixture of small ...more
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK

I’ve been watching for this second book since I read and reviewed book 1 in this series. I love the town of Willow Falls with its interesting mix of people who live there. Emily, Rachel, Charlie and Sadie are some of the main characters in this story, and each one brings a different flavor of personality to the town. I even enjoyed the bickering in the story, it makes it more realistic for me. The Trouble in Willow Falls is very well written, and with each vivid scene, it
Robin E. Mason
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so glad to spend time with these characters again. The theatre bit was a bonus for this actress!
Ms. Nichols brings her characters back for another whirlwind ride. One disaster is a fact of life; two disasters a crazy coincidence, but a third disaster is plain suspicious.
As the townspeople rally to recover from the derogatory blog post—disaster #1—they are divided in how best to save their town. The way they come together makes me wish I lived in a small town.
I was happy to see that Rachel
Donna Parcel
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC (I had already read and loved the first book) This author shapes her characters realistically and after the first book, I felt I already knew them and all their good and bad points.
It seems that if anything can go wrong it will and does. But the people of Willow Falls do what all small towns do when something goes wrong, they get upset and then they get to work deciding what to do and doing it.
You have the lady mail-carrier who wouldn't "gossip", but she knows
Barbara
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from beginning to end. Problem after problem clobbers this small town that is trying to make their town into a destination town. Like every group, there are always those that resist change mightily, but with love, kindness and some experts thrown into the mix, they help their town (and themselves) to grow and be closer to what they envision.
I enjoyed the relationships and how they grew. I didn't necessarily like all of the characters, but ultimately, they were presented as
Judy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, my goodness, what an awesome book. Willow Falls can seem to catch a break. Will the good folks there be able to overcome all that is thrown at them? I love the characters. Add in some veterans to the mix and my heart just filled with emotions. We’ve also added some folks that you may think haven’t had the best past lives. Thank goodness for the love and generosity of some in this small town. Rachel is having to deal with mixed emotions and opportunities. What decisions will she make? I love ...more
Meagan
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read a bulk of this during a road trip to small-town Oregon, so found it all too easy to imagine Willow Falls in my mind’s eye. I’ve also been to Georgia enough, that lent depth to the experience as well! And Peachtree everything..so true! The author did a great job at infusing life into each setting.

I enjoyed book 1 so very much, and loved getting to revisit familiar characters and meet new ones!

The books don’t have to be read in order, but it’s definitely more enjoyable if they are, as
Carlene Dunn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a fan of small town stories woven with some big city events, then this is the book for you. Although it is set in Georgia, the happenings in Willow Falls could take place anywhere. Pat weaves a lovely page-turner with beautiful descriptions. It's so nice to be transported in a book like this. I want to go searching in the North Georgia mountains for Willow Falls - it seems that real to me!
I enjoyed the first book by Pat Nichols, The Secret of Willow Falls, and couldn't wait for the
Janet
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't always finish books; about half the time I lose interest and put it away. By the time I got to the 60th page of this book I knew I would be finishing it. The character development was really good and there were several surprises in the plot that kept the hook appeal and had me talking out loud to the imaginary author in the room. I work two jobs and still I finished this in a few weeks!
I didn't like how it ended quickly, but I suppose that is because there are more books coming which I
jancoledabalcom
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Willows Falls is a town I would like to be a resident of. The story has multi faceted characters. There is a surprise who done it. The plot has a positive message for all. As I read the book there were concerns. Mrs. Nicholls answered all these questions beautifully by the end of the book. I am looking forward to the next book to find out what the great people of Willow Falls are up to. I received a copy of the book to read and review. I was not required to write a postoperative. All thoughts ...more
Laura Nagy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I took a few days to review the characters from The Secret of Willow Inn before I started The Trouble in Willow Falls. I was glad I did because reading the second book was like continuing the story with friends. Pat Nichols has continued to showcase life in a small Georgia town and develop depth to the main characters. I found myself cheering as the town came together with support to overcome new obstacles. Pat Nichols has done a great job in the novel. I look forward to more books to come.
Kat (caveat.lectors)
Another scandal has come to town and I am here for it! This drama filled read is just what you need if you love gossip in a small town. I enjoyed getting to watch Rachel & Emily grow more as sisters than before and how the new characters were brought in by the author. I can’t wait to continue this delightful journey that brings me back to lovely north Georgia that I miss!

*I received a copy from the author for review. All statements above are my opinion only.*
Joy B
Nov 24, 2019 added it
Captured me from start to finish

I enjoy this book as much as any book I’ve read in a long time. Although I have not read book one yet, I intend to go back and do that right away. But I pretty well figured out who was who and all the characters captured my interest and held it through the entire book. Living in North Georgia myself, I especially appreciated all the references to Atlanta and Georgia and the north Georgia mountains.
Ann
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! This is book two in the Willow Falls series and it was wonderful to visit the town again and see old friends and meet the new people. The story grabs you on the first page and keeps you turning the pages to see what happens next. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. If you like small town stories you will love this series. I received an ARC copy of this book and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Sandy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoyed book two in the Willow Falls series. The characters are like old friends and you feel like you want to be right there cheering them on. I especially like this series since it takes place in the North Georgia mtns and also around Atlanta at places I’m very familiar with. The town has to come together to survive or go under. With help from some outsiders that are welcomed (a few ex cons and some war vets) to help with the town, this book really shows how acceptance and pulling ...more
Cele LeBlanc
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Trouble in Willow Falls by Pat Nichols
Having recently moved from a large city to a small town, I can attest that Pat Nichols accurately describes life in a small town. Residents understand sacrifice and change are necessary, but naysayers abound. Will it be enough? And will the changes destroy their best “small town” qualities? I received an advanced copy and was under no obligation to give a positive review. The opinion above is my own.
Candy Smith
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very intriguing story of a town trying to recover its tourism after a bad review. Lives are challenged and changed! Through much change, turmoil, hope and dreams and chances for new beginnings, the town must find its way to the semblance they want to partry to its tourists but they must find themselves and heal what's broken within first.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Kathy
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a beautiful, heartwarming story. Willow Falls is a character in itself. A lovely little town with a HUGE heart. The townspeople are all characters too. They range from gossipy, self-centered people to wonderful artists to ex-cons. They all come together to make Willow Falls a mecca for tourists with a restored inn and hotel with an excellent, original play performed by the locals. Hope we get to see more of this charming town and all of its inhabitants.
Jill Willis
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Jan Karon's Mitford Series and am delighted to find a similar atmosphere in Willow Falls. The characters work together, for the most part, for the good of their town. There are some hilarious moments, a few heart wrenching scenes, and a surprising twist at the end. As I turned the last page (with my shoes off, like the main character), I wished for the launch of #3.
Robin
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book for this author and it is equally, if not better, than the first in this series. Chuck full of lots of trouble for this town and how all rise to the occasion to help out. Truly a surprise ending. Can't wait for another visit to this town. Loved it!!!!! Highly recommend.
Janet Bunbuc
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book. It's a moving story of a small town and it's inhabitants that pull together to try to survive after an internet attack on it's reputation. The town is beautifully described and the characters are well developed. The story pulled me in immediately and I grew to love this town. I would love to visit it! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Pamela
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

I enjoyed the first book, but this one was even better! A small towns success is the sum of it's residents. Willow Falls had many people willing to work for its success. Emily and Rachel were great examples of two different type of women juggling their own personal goals and also those of the town. I live in North Georgia and wish it was a real town to visit!!
Caroline
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was such a great read. What an awesome storyline. This book grabs you at page one and doesn't let you go. I really like her writing style. This is an author I will definitely continue to follow. I highly recommend this series. You won't be disappointed. Keep them coming Ms. Nichols.

• Practically Married
  • God Bless the Child
  • The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • A Beautiful Mess
  • Comfort Crossing Holiday Collection
  • Never Mess with Mistletoe (Leigh Koslow Mystery #10)
  • The Bridge Between
  • Decker and Joy (North Pole Unlimited, #1)
  • All in Good Time
  • Pooches, Pumpkins, and Poison: A Pooch Party Cozy Mystery
  • Fashioning the Future (Aspiring Hearts #3)
  • Touched by Fate (A Brides of the Low Country Short Story)
  • Murder at the Courthouse (Grace Pointe Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Still Life in Shadows
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • Christmas Jam...boree (The Jelly Shop Mysteries Book 3)
  • Murder in the Family
  • Smothered in Onions: A Breezy Spoon Diner Cozy Mystery (The Breezy Spoon Diner Mysteries Book 3)
Pat Nichols is proving it’s never too late to follow your dreams. She draws on a twenty-seven-year corporate career working with amazing women from all walks of life to write emotionally charged stories about women who face tension-laced challenges and heart-warming triumphs as they pursue their dreams.

The Secret of Willow Inn introduces readers to Willow Falls, a small southern town on the brink

Willow Falls (2 books)
  • The Secret of Willow Inn (Willow Falls, #1)