Start by marking “Twelve Spirits of Christmas (Tessa Lamar #2)” as Want to Read:
Twelve Spirits of Christmas (Tessa Lamar #2)

Twelve Spirits of Christmas

(Tess Lamar #2)

Two amazing men. A serial killer. A Christmas to remember.

Tessa Lamar is dreading her first Christmas without her beloved grandfather. They say the holiday season brings out the best and the worst in people. This year, it’s brought out a serial killer, who chooses his victims based on the carol, “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”

As Tessa comes to terms with her life as a Nu
Published November 2019 by Wyndham House

To ask other readers questions about Twelve Spirits of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twelve Spirits of Christmas

Start your review of Twelve Spirits of Christmas (Tessa Lamar #2)
Kasia Burlakoff
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as much as the first one. The mystery, magic, shapeshifting, ghosts and a serial killer made a powerful mix. I loved all the characters from book one and their interactions, though I was a bit confused that Tessa's romantic entanglements still continued. The plot was very good, with many twists and turns.

Highly recommended
Lisa
Dec 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The main character is ridiculous & the love triangle feels forced, with the want to be shocking....instead it’s just dumb. I couldn’t even finish this book. Disappointing.
Ken
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great, wonderful, freaking Sexy too

Another interesting book in the Tessa series. Tessa, while investigating a series of Christmas themes murders continues to tangle with her two hunky boyfriends.

It was a pleasure to read, a very Gay friendly book in many ways. Oh my, just thinking about the three of them in bed experimenting makes me, well never mind

The Cherokee council (or is it counsel wink-wink) appears again. They still don't treat Tessa as equals.

Any who, it's a fun book with shades of Ar
Patricia H. Phelps
A Mystery/Comedy/Romance/Paranormal

Good magic, bad magic. Tessa and Bryson have known and loved each other a very long time. She is having trouble learning to control her firebird. Bryson is working with her to learn that control. Aaron is. a police detective. When he was shot, his friend Bryson gave him a part of his soul.. It healed him and allowed him to live. Bryson is Tessa's mate, and she and Aaron are also drawn together.. Gavin Partridge is murdered, hung in an orange tree. And so begins
Patricia Hamill
This is a solid sequel to The Spirit Tree. Not exactly a Christmas story, though it’s definitely caught up in that holiday by nature of the killer’s theme.

I think what I liked best was the romance. It’s one of those where you can’t figure out who should end with whom, and it plays out in a way I didn’t expect.

Besides that, the thrilleresque vibe tickled my fancy. I enjoyed the paranormal edge and the race against the killer’s progress through the song. Very well done.

Overall, I really enjoyed
Brooke Ashleigh
Patricia West
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have me a new author! Tessa i is so fun! It turned out to be a mfm book. I usually don't like them, but i enjoyed this one. Not a lot of sexual action Included though. But, the magic and shape shifting is awesome. Tessa works for the police department as a victims advocate in addition to the magic, mixing the whole psychic thing in with it. The story line was really good. I actually listened to this on Audible and the narrator was wonderful, even using a southern accent. I can't wait to read t ...more
Louise Atwood
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want more, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like to give reviews. So to be giving one, says that something had to really get to me and it did. The way she writes and brings you in. I have read both Spirit Tree and Twelve Spirits of Christmas. I want more of the same. Maybe for them to find more of their people. PLEASE ? Thank you so much for writing these books. I'm going to read your other books now.
Emmy
Feb 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
•audiobook•

More of a romance, sex starved main character than the paranormal cozy mystery-thriller as advertised on audible ... not my cup of tea and it did spoil my anticipation going into the book.
I think she was more interested in getting into the pants of her “boyfriend” than solving the mysteries. And perhaps because I didn’t read book 1, I was a bit in the dark about the steadfast rejection....
Terri West
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this second book in the series and the further development of the relationship between Tessa, Bryson and Aaron. This is not a Christmas story but a murder mystery is which Tessa has to learn to control her abilities , solve a series of murders and get to know both her mates, so she has a lot on her plate.
Great series with wonderful world building and believable characters that I am looking forward to continuing.
T.M. Payne
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Twelve Spirits of Christmas (Tess Lamar #2)
Author: Kathryn M. Hearst
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewed by: Tammy - Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
In this story, we find Tessa with her hands and life beyond full.
Christmas is upon them and Tessa gets thrown literally into the Twelve Days of Christmas. Spirits are yelling, both Aaron and Bryson are at their wits end with her, and her family is driving her even battier.
Can they save others as well as themselves? Well grab a copy and find out in this mys
Bertha Alicia
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Like it! I think I envy Tessa's luck!
Well done, Miss Hearst! This story begins where the first one ended, however both books can be readed as stand alones.
I highly recommend the Tessa Lamar Novels.
Monique
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

A really good follow up or second book in the series. I was really looking forward to seeing how Tessa’s skills develop and I also really enjoyed the fact that she ended up with her love(s!)
Loved it!
Becky
With polyamory, magic, and mayhem, this is not your typical Christmas story. It was fine, but not really my kind of story. I'm not sorry I read it, but I'm not interested in reading any more in the series. ...more
Elane Duncan
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! Talk about twists and turns

I have to say I really enjoyed the first book Spirit Tree. This book took some twists and turns I didnt see coming but it was written in such a sweet loving manner that tells the story that love conquers everything!
Arvi
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

Great read! Anyone who loves adventure, surprise, intrigue and romance will love this book. Can't wait for the next Lamar novel.
Susan H Garris
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twelve Spirits

Tessa, Aaron and Bryson solve the murders of the twelve days of Christmas and the three become mated. They also get rid of a shaman of dark magic.
Deb Pruitt
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOWWWWWW!

I'm always down for a Native American story, but this one topped them all! Good on you, KMH! I want more!!!
lesley
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Can't wait for the next one in the series.. So funny Tessa has two lovers
It a well put together story..
Janet Swiftbird
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebirth

Follow Tessa, Bryson and Aaron on another adventure to save folks from the evils of Christmas. Great storyline with good characters and lots of HEA to keep you hooked.
Sallie Page
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Wow

This was an intense read, so much happening. Finally the mating, and the strengthening of their bonds. Then they sorted out the council as well.
Emmy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
•audiobook•

CL Runchey
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your normal Christmas story

Not your normal Christmas story. I was a little worried, sometimes the seasonal books fall flat. This was a great story that drew you in. The fact that it takes place around the holiday doesn't change that. This is one you can pick up anytime and enjoy. Looking forward to more in this world.
D.L. Osment
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I raced through this book Twelve Spirits of Christmas as fast as I could with a needy cat climbing all over the computer. I love Tessa Lamar. I wish I could grow up and be her. She's vulnerable, real, loving, and loved. Smart. Magic. Relatable. She has not one but two irresistible men in her life and she's trying to juggle them, two jobs, her crazy mother, her darling great-grandmother, and an obstreperous ghost. Can't go much into the plot, unfortunately, because this is a murder mystery, but M ...more
Teresa
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First I liked the fact that this book takes place in a real place and real close to where I live, it takes place in the Orlando area. I can relate to the I-4 corridor, and the construction there. I live about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando.

This is my first book written by Kathryn Hearst, and my first Tessa Lamar book. I do wish while reading this book I had read the first book as well since there were a few spots I was wondering what or who they were talking about. I did make it through without the f
Sara
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book even more than Spirit Tree. In this one we get to experience Tessa learning much more about her power and the struggles that come with it. My only reason for not giving this 5 stars is the quagmire relationship between Tessa, Bryson, and Aaron. While I love all the characters, the arguments and confusion at the beginning of the book really made it feel overly heavy. It smoothed out toward the end, but I felt like the first book had already gone through some of the relationshi ...more
Debra
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's Christmas time so I'm reading Christmas books. This book is set during the holidays, but the focus is totally on the murders taking place and the relationships between the characters.

***Spoiler alert:
Some may consider this a spoiler, but I didn't get a warning or an inkling that this story would contain a situation that some might find uncomfortable. It's hinted at in book one, but in that book, you are led to believe that Tessa will have to choose between Aaron and Bryson. Nope, she gets t
Epiphany
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kathryn-m-hearst
This is the first book I have read by Ms Hearst. I must say I did enjoy this book. The story line was very interesting and I had no difficultly follow even though I had not read the first book in this series. The fact that the killer used the Tweleve Days Of Christmas to choose who will be killed I found really intreguing. Who would have thunk it? I look forward to reading more by Ms Hearst. I recommend this book. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Lyn Mckenzie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's official, i definitely have a new favourite author!! I completely and utterly adored this book and i really hope that there will be another book in this series as i love reading about this world, the characters and all their adventures together!!! I really can't rate this book highly enough, it's just amazing!!! There is so much that i want to rave about regarding this book but if i do i would give away key things that happen in this book and trust me you want the surprises and the plot twi ...more
Rose
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn M. Hearst!! WOW!! The book said .. "is a Southern girl with a love of the dark and strange"...True that!! :) OMG....I was stunned, laughed, cried....needed some Kleenex.....Oh my... I am so sorry I'm finished with this book. I could of read more adventures with this cast of characters. Loved the descriptions of different things. Both books were such page turners! ...more

• Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files #3)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Fireborne (Raven Cursed #1)
  • Knights Magica (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #5)
  • Once Upon a Midnight Drow (Goth Drow, #1)
  • Quote The Drow Nevermore (Goth Drow #2)
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • The Drow There and Nothing More (Goth Drow, #3)
  • Delivering Evil for Experts (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #4)
  • The Drow Grew Stronger (Goth Drow, #4)
  • Once Bitten (Shadow Guild: The Rebel #1)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Deceiving the Duke (Scandals and Spies, #2)
  • The Passion of Hades (The Hades Trials, #2)
  • Midlife Bounty Hunter (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Magic Born (The Elustria Chronicles: Magic Born #1)
Kathryn M. Hearst is a southern girl with a love of the dark and strange. She has been a story teller her entire life, as a child she took people watching to new heights by creating back stories of complete strangers. Kate lives in North Carolina with her chocolate lab, Jolene; and two rescue pups, Jagger and Roxanne. She is a self-proclaimed nerd, raising a nerdling.

Tess Lamar (4 books)
  • The Spirit Tree (Tessa Lamar #1)
  • The Spirit Child (Tessa Lamar #3)
  • The Spirit Walker (Tessa Lamar #4)