Start by marking “Finding Hope” as Want to Read:
Finding Hope

Finding Hope

Kids are disappearing from a small town on the Oregon Coast. Can Grace James learn what is happening before Hope is gone forever?

She’s hiding in her present.
With nothing but her guitar and a few belongings, Hope Flanagan feels safer on the street than at home with her mother’s boyfriend. Hope is lucky enough to find a warm exhaust vent in an alley of her coastal town and
Published November 8th 2019

Start your review of Finding Hope
Susan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a total winner! Just loved the people.... laughed and cried! Highly recommended!
Lost of twists and turns.... multiple story lines...highs and lows...loved it
Cathy
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don’t you just love the cover of this one? It makes me want to walk by the ocean!

I was super excited to get to read this one by Shannon Symonds, the author of Safe House. Safe House was one that really touched me and that I remember, even after the many books I’ve read since I read that one.

Finding Hope touched me as well. I loved that it combined new characters, Hope and those associated with her, with old people, Grace and Hart. The characters were something that really caught me from the firs
Valerie Loveless
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first

I think this one could stand alone. You don't really need the first book to enjoy this one. The first is more of an informative women's fiction novel, this is more of an adventure romance. Both have great lessons about love and violence.
Pauline
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!

This was such an uplifting and positive story even though dealing with difficult subjects that I could not put it down. It really brings home how each and every one of us can make changes to the world with kindness and love, especially for the invisible people we so often overlook. I will be purchasing copies as gifts for family this Christmas. I was given a free copy for an honest and fair review, and I loved it! Although it continues the story from the first book it can certainly be
T.K.
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a drop-everything-and-just-read book! I lost my entire evening to it and I'm not sorry! I loved being caught up in Grace's life, her sweet romance, and in the life of a frightened runaway (Hope). The story is utterly compelling and deals with weighty subjects without dwelling in the ick. I really love this book! ...more
Lisa Rector
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Really compelling and driven read. I loved the characters and how they all come together. Definitely was a page turner.
M Clausen
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It has a lot to recommend it. There is righteous fear, love and acceptance, giving and forgiveness. All the characters were flawed and likable. Definitely recommend.

Louise Pledge
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omigosh, what a great book! It has everything one could want in a story: adventure, romance, mystery, sorrow, happiness, action and, like the title indicates, hope! I found hope, myself, in reading this, and everyone who's part of a family will appreciate them so much more after enjoying this special book. I couldn't put it down but fell asleep and had to finish this morning. An emotional but satisfying read, for sure!

Shannon Symonds has a new fan, and I can't wait to see what else she has writt
Emily Yager
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is such an uplifting and inspirational read, it really shows the characters banding together in tough times. There are a few different storylines throughout each with plenty goin on to keep you turning the page. It touches on themes of violence and love, adventure and a touch of romance.

Apparently this is book two; which I did not know before hand nor have I read the other book. But honestly this book stands on its own. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. Overall it's an enjoyable
oohlalabooks
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I expected this story to be heavy into abuse but the author handled the topic beautifully. Somehow giving the readers a positive message. The characters are well developed, likeable, and very much relatable. I read this before reading book #1. I won this in exchange for my review.
Csimplot Simplot
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!!!
Carlos Rodriquez
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow - "Safe House" in 2017 was quite enjoyable and found myself waiting for Shannon's next book. I was not disappointed! It has taken me 3 months to write this review (savoring "Finding Hope" like a delicious dessert). I fell in love with this story and all its characters. I found so much heart in the relationships that it gives me "Hope" for our humanity. 3 months out and it still lingers strongly in my mind and my heart.

Normally I can anticipate and be 2 steps in front of a storyline - but th
Tracy
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-giveaways
(Won this book on Goodreads) A really good story of family coming together for each other no matter if they are blood related or what. I loved the fact the story had faith in it but not overwhelming. Hope is an orphan who is taken under the wing of Mabel, her daughter Grace, and granddaughters, who are also running from Grace's prison escaped ex-husband. They all come together to support, help, and fight for each other. The trafficking is a part of the story but it is not graphic, or overpowerin ...more
Donna Kale
Oct 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sep-20
I knew when I read her 1sr book she had to have been familiar with domestic abuse, this book was beautifully written regarding teenage runaways and kids living in the street. People hurt children that have two parents, a dog, and a nice home, why are people surprised by trafficking of these children. We live i a broken world and there are mean people living in it. We need to do more about this problem than talking about it. Kudos Shannon 💗💗
Barb
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
When her mother disappears from their trailer, leaving teenager Hope behind with an abusive stepdad, Hope runs away and hides behind a cafe, ultimately making herself indispensible to the inexperienced grandmother who's working as barista. The barista's daughter, a social worker, risks her job to help Hope, while other homeless teens in the area get caught up in a sex-trafficking nighmare. ...more
Molly
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written. I was enthralled, not only was I reeled in to the story, and characters within, I was also reeled in by the societal issues brought to light in this book. None of it felt preachy, yet brought awareness to so many troubling issues hidden in our society.
Shannon Symonds
Dec 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Safe House AND FINDING HOPE- Paperback, Kindle, Kindle Unlimited

Thank you for helping me giveaway over 1,000 copies of Finding Hope for Christmas and my birthday! Read, Safe House, the first Grace James and Joe Hart story.

Amazon Link: my link text

My website for deal and book links! my link text

Amazon Author: my link text

She’s hiding in her present.
With nothing but her guitar and backpack, Hope Flanagan escapes because the streets are safer than home. Hope finds a place to hide in her coastal to
Karen Dimick
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sequel to Safe House, not what I was expecting, more personal about the main character, but good book. I was expecting this book to be more about the main character, Grace’s, professional life. Instead it was her own journey. Enjoyed the characters and the story however.
Summer Kelly
Donna
Jun 04, 2020
Robin Simmons
Feb 16, 2020
What appeals to you more, the setting or the characters? 1 1 Dec 02, 2019 09:24PM

• The Damnation Game
  • What You Wish For
  • Trust No One
  • 10 Ways to Survive Christmas with Your Ex  (27 Ways #3)
  • Last Day
  • Gin (Killer on Call Book 2)
  • Desperately Killing Suzanne
  • The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
  • Name of the Devil (Jessica Blackwood #2)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Ecstasy (Killer on Call Book 1)
  • The Atlas Defect (The NightShade Forensic Files #3)
  • Dead and Buried (Darkwater Cove #0.5)
  • An Oxford Murder (The Catherine Tregowyn Mysteries #1)
  • The Theory of Anything (The Friar's Lantern, #0.5)
  • Academy Assassin - a Prequel to the Shelby Griffin Series
  • Sleepless Night (Shelby Griffin, #1)
Shannon Symonds newest novel, "Finding Hope," is a stand-alone containing the same beloved characters as her first book, “Safe House,” a fiction and Whitney Award Nominee was released by Bonneville/Cedar Fort Publishing and Media.

About the Author

Shannon worked for 15-years as an Advocate serving survivors of abuse alongside law enforcement. Shannon lives in a small coastal town in Oregon where she

News & Interviews