Start by marking “God and My Pillow - Learning to Trust Through the Unexpected” as Want to Read:
God and My Pillow -  Learning to Trust Through  the Unexpected

God and My Pillow - Learning to Trust Through the Unexpected

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
God and her pillow are there when Marianne finds herself on a life-changing journey through an unplanned pregnancy at age nineteen. As she and the babys father decide what to do, her faith in Gods love, wisdom, and guidance grows. On the brink of a major life decision, Marianne receives an unexpected phone call alerting her to a shocking secret that will change everything. ...more
Published November 2019 (first published March 30th 2018)

Be the first to ask a question about God and My Pillow - Learning to Trust Through the Unexpected

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of God and My Pillow - Learning to Trust Through the Unexpected
Lacey Michael
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im biased writing this review because I know the author! I grew up with her daughter as my best friend. 😊😊

I loved reading Mariannes story of an unexpected pregnancy and her subsequent journey of reliance on God for just about everything. She struggled with difficult situations but not without hope. I enjoyed learning more about the origin story of a family I happen to love so much.

I think the last couple of chapters are the best because Marianne gets to the heart of a serious fact: God loves
Sarah Bye
Marianne's story is a beautiful, intimate, funny and uplifting account of a young unmarried girl struggling with the life changing providence of an unplanned pregnancy. It's like getting to peek into someone's diary. She is very REAL. There are times when her story is so incredible that it seems like fiction, and yet it actually happened. I believe her struggles will encourage and give hope to anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation.
Trina Wilson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wonderful, honest look into the life of a single mother whos trying to find the path God has chosen for her. Marianne has a witty sense of humor, but also gives a very raw and honest account of how she navigated through the struggles and questions that emerge through pregnancy, and as a new mom. Whether youre experiencing an unplanned pregnancy, or simply want a reminder of how faithful God is, this is a wonderful book filled with hope! ...more
Marianne Petersen
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Erica Yap
Jun 27, 2019
Jan Johnson
is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2019
Marianne Petersen and her husband live in the Seattle area. They have four children, all now adults, and five grandchildren. She is a member of the Northwest Christian Writers Association.
Marianne shares her writings on various websites.
Her second memoir is in the making, with the hope that it, too, will encourage others.

News & Interviews