Start by marking “Rhythm of the Road (Lost Kings MC, #16)” as Want to Read:
Rhythm of the Road (Lost Kings MC, #16)

Rhythm of the Road

(Lost Kings MC #16)

The open road has owned my heart for as long as I can remember.

Until a certain sassy little singer stole it.

Hookups don’t lead to happily ever afters.

A couple nights together. Nothing more.

We made no promises.

Our worlds couldn’t be more opposite.

She’s sweet lyrics and sunshine.

I’m danger and destruction.

She’s miles away, but all I see when I close my eyes.

The rhythm of the
Published August 11th 2020 by Ahead of the Pack, LLC

Start your review of Rhythm of the Road (Lost Kings MC, #16)
✰ Liz ✰
"The best nights I have to offer her are around a campfire under the stars."
description

Rhythm of the Road is the 16th book in the Lost Kings MC Series. You would think I would have had my fill of the LOKI men and their women but the truth is, I can never get enough. We met Logan "Rooster" and Shelby in Swagger and Sass and the spark that ignited between the two is destined to burn! Rhythm of the Road picks up directly after Swagger and Sass and Shelby is on tour as the opening act for a talented countr
Grace
It’s family reunion time, Lost Kings edition.

I honestly don’t know if another series has ever made me feel like I’m catching up with family the way this one does.

Shelby is a great addition to the Lost Kings MC sisterhood. I love all of Autumn’s heroines. She has a gift for writing heroines I can actually care about and empathize with. They’re always strong, smart, women with a hint of vulnerability that I can relate to.

While you could read this book as a standalone or as an intro to the series
Sue
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in agony right now because seriously, Lost Kings MC #17 will not come fast enough for me and the way this one ends was so GAH!!!!
When I first read the novella Swagger and Sass, I fell in love with the adorable waitress Shelby and her ability to almost tame the bad boy Rooster from the very first moment they meet. Rooster was her knight in shining chrome at the time, and I knew their insta-love would not be easy to maintain with them being apart. He had his club and she had her music career
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
Not much reading has been happening for me over the last few months but I can never pass on a book by Autumn. She writes such compelling stories with complex, vibrant, and complex characters that any reader wouldn't mind getting lost and forgetting their cares for a few hours.

While Rythm of the Road is the 16th book in the series, you can still pick this up without reading any other book in the series (I do suggest picking up Swagger and Sass (which is free!) a short story that introduces these
Binxcat1
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My advice... RATION yourself and read this one slowly... IF you can. (I couldn’t)

Seriously though... and it’s a big call... I think this is Autumn Jones Lake’s best book yet. Her writing and story telling goes from strength to strength.

The twists and turns of the plot keep getting more intricate... and how she manages to weave the stories in and around and back on themselves is evil genius level at this point.

AJL has given us the most amazing cast and crew... a family of characters to love...
Brittany
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Don't let that number 16 scare you when you see that's where Rhythm of the Road falls in the LOKI series. Autumn Jones Lake doesn't do rinse and repeat words; each book is a new adventure through this outlaw family's world. And what an incredible adventure it is!

I wouldn't say that Rooster and Shelby were an instant favorite LOKI couple of mine. I mean, who are we kidding, there are a lot of them to choose from, but Rhythm of the Road cemented their worthiness. Shelby's sweet southern demeanor w
Heroesinbooks
5 Rooster and Shelby Stars....plus a great big shining star for Jigsaw

I am a long time fan of The Lost Kings. I was hooked from the very first book, Slow Burn and my heart has been lost to these characters and stories ever since. These are books that you pick up and within a paragraph you are back in the LOKI world and it's like meeting up with the best kind of old friends where it doesn't matter how long you've been apart, it's like no time has passed.

I'm a voracious reader of contemporary rom
Poppy1102
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What can I say?....Autumn has once again smashed it!!!

The Lost Kings MC Series is one of my all time favourite reads and it never ever ever, disappoints! Seriously, it takes pure talent and geniusness (is that a word?! 🤷🏻‍♀️) to write so many books in the same world and still leaving you wanting for more!

Rooster and Shelby's story is awesome! There's nothing better than a hard-a** biker bloke falling in love! Unless of course he's a Loki Biker 😘 Man, those guys love hard!!!
Shelby is a sweet coun
AussieMum
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rooster is right up there with my fave leading men in MC’s of all time. Funny, smart, sincere and above all honest about his feelings. Shelby is a perfect counterpoint for him, while maintaining her independence as a touring country singer and having a certain amount of vulnerability yet never being a doormat.

The writing is, as always, top notch. This is a relationship book where we see the relationship grow organically through conversations and actions. And the secondary characters, like Roost
Deborah
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Yet another surprise cliffhanger.

I mean seriously how difficult is it to put “cliffhanger” under the blurb?

Again this wasn’t my favourite. I found myself skimming in places which isn’t a good sign.
But the next book is out so it’s straight onto that for me now.
Martha Navarrete
Another Home Run

It's a family reunion!! That's what AJL has created with The Lost Kings MC series. Meet Shelby and Rooster, another amazing and sizzling hot couple in the LOKI family!! I never get tired of a sexy alpha caveman that are LOKI men. And Rooster is one sexy beast. And, introducing Shelby Morgan, a sassy, witty country singer. Strong and fierce woman and the perfect match for Rooster. This is one hell of a ride!!! You will not be disappointed with book 16.
Tawni Steiger
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I open a Lost King novel, it's a feeling of family. It takes me back to family dinners around a large table! This book just adds to that feeling. I fell in love with Rooster and Shelby in Swagger and Sass, and I couldn't wait for this book. The up state charter will ALWAYS be my favorite, but the downstate guys are starting to grow on me.

This book picks up a few months after the end of Swagger and Sass, and you get to see Rooster and Shelby try to navigate their "relationship". Roost
Athena Stephenson
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This author is freaking magical at writing! 😍😍 Rhythm of the road starts off a few moths after Swagger and Sass and it’s like no time has passed! It eases in so naturally and brings back all the feels! I adored Rooster after reading it and he does NOT disappoint in this book! Ugh he’s just so bad ass but sweet at the same time. Not to say they both don’t have any flaws but they are perfection together! Shelby is just a doll but a doll that will kick your ass if you need it! Lol She is just so ad ...more
Stephanie Says
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rhythm of the Road is everything a great romance story should be.

I don’t know how AJL manages to make each LOKI book unique and original but she truly does. No Lost King is too similar to another.

After 16 (not including novellas or anthologies) she has created this family of people that you can’t wait to see snippets of in each book but that never deters from the main characters.

Ah Rooster & Shelby. I felt their longing, their excitement, their possessiveness, their maturity, & their uncertai
Staci Blandin
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Autumn knocked it out of the park again. This book was flocking flamazing. I loved how this picked up seamlessly from Rooster and Shelby's HFN ending in Swagger and Sass. The parts with both upstate and downstate LOKI charters felt like a big reunion to me I loved getting to touch base with all my favorites and see where they were. Rooster and Shelby's story is one of my favorites I love how attentive Rooster is to her and even though they have their problems they work through them. Shelby fits ...more
Sophie Ruthven
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to this book after loving them in Swagger and Sass, which is why I found myself surprised by wanting to shake Shelby more than once at the beginning of the book, and don't get me started on her mother...

Jiggy oh Jiggy, I cannot wait till his book comes along and some sassy girl hands him his ass. His inability to hold back or read a room is hilarious but dangerous for his health.

Be careful when reading this captivating book, as I stupidly got lulled into a false sens
Chalice
I loved this book so much! I think that Rooster and Shelby are the closest thing to Rock and Hope in terms of personality (couple-wise) that we've seen in the whole series. Rooster is that same steady protector that Rock was, and Shelby is the sweet and independent woman that Hope was (although a little sassier, which I love!). The level of sweet is so high - Rooster has found the woman he wants, and nothing and nobody (himself included) is going to hurt her. These two together are everything; t ...more
Gigi
Heather
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok... so the first thing I need to say is... if this is your first Autumn Jones Lake book... buy it... but go back and buy the rest of them because you’re missing out!

The second thing I have to say is... have you been living under a rock???

I have found the couple that has replaced Rock and Hope (and Z and Lilly) in my head as best couple ever!

Rooster is just a giant burnt marshmallow (crunchy in the outside, squishy on the inside) and so fiercely protective of his Shelby that, honestly, I’m a li
Suzan
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
👏🏻😆

I love this authors writing. The banter between characters is very entertaining. Revisiting the characters from other books in the LOKI world is all ways a treat.
Highly recommend.
Melissa Machado
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rhythm of the Road is book #16 in the Lost Kings MC Series and focuses on Rooster and Shelby.

I don't know which part of the story line I loved more; the romance between Shelby and Rooster or the bromance between Rooster and Jiggy lol. Their bromance is definitely giving Murphy and Teller a run for their money!

Out of all the Lost Kings book, I think this one was by far the funniest! I was laughing my a$$ off two pages in and there were some really great moments and one liners throughout! Being
Shelby
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a story (and a cliffhanger)!! Autumn Jones Lake has done it AGAIN! I have been so excited for Rhythm of the Road to release since Rooster popped up in Z’s books. Then when I read Swagger and Sass (Book 14.5) I wanted more of both Rooster and Shelby (What a great name for a female character…lol😊). This story shows that a long distance relationship is possible when love is real. Not to say it won’t come with ups and downs and boy were there a few in this book. I love the connection that Shelb ...more
Lindsay Becs
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Rooster!
He's giving my man Murphy a run for his money. Rooster is every bit the scary biker when he needs to be but he's also so freaking sweet! Shelby is awesome and I adore all her country twang and sayings. But mostly I love how she doesn't give a flock about what people think of her and her man. This country music twist added to the MC world is just perfect.
I don't know how Autumn keeps building this world and it never gets old. She continues to do an amazing job at keepin
Nothing but Sexy Books Blog
Reading Rhythm of the Road was like the luxury vacation I desperately need but can’t afford to take!
Being back with the Lost Kings is like a hug and family reunion (only with the "fun" side of the family) all wrapped in one! I loved every word! Rooster and Shelby are flocking amazing together! Rooster is smoking hot! Shelby is so sassy but also sweet. Together they're perfect! Absolutely adored every second of Rhythm of the Road.

I have to admit, Jigsaw stole the show a few times. His banter and
Andrea Luerkens
There are no words

The best storyteller has the name Autumn Jones Lake. Another unbelievable book. This series spans 16 full length novels now and she is still able to keep the stories fresh. Oh how I love to visit her world. Shelby and Rooster are a couple that I can not wait to read more of. I enjoyed hearing from some of her past characters and learning about new characters as well. What is in store for them is something only Autumn can tell us. I only wish she could write as fast as I can rea
dana getce
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She hit it out of the park....again.

I loved seeing old characters and the new ones blend together. This may be spoilerish so fair warning........................
It does end on a bit of a cliffhanger. But i've read her books before that ended on a bit of a "omg what happens!?" but she always ties it up nicely in the next book. The hardest part about reading her great stories is the waiting in between for the next one to come out.
Can't wait to see what's in store for Logan and Shelby.
Kimberly
So happy to be back!

AJL is a wonderful writer in many ways and her latest book highlights her ability to balance new characters, new locations with familiar faces. Shelby and Rooster are hot and fun and AJL takes us through the beginning of their relationship, something that we haven’t done in the LOKI world in awhile. Rooster is alpha yummy and Shelby is perfect! But of course part of why this book is so great is because we are back in the world of LOKI. The minute one of the guys or ladies sh
Debbie
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg omg omg! Felt like I waited forever to read Rooster & Shelby’s story, god dammit! I have wait until next flocking year, 5 flocking months for their HEA. I need my MC fix or I won’t survive the wait. Maybe I’ll read the series again for the 3rd time....... Autumn writes these books so well it’s easy to picture the story in ya head, there’s no ‘what the hell?’ It’s funny, dreamy romantic, hot, just great reading. Nothing else compares actually :-)
Whitney
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Shelby and Rooster have become my new favorite couple!!! This book is more than what I expected and enjoyed reading it! I always thought that Murphy and Teller had the best friend bromance down but Rooster and Jiggy took it to a whole new level!!!! I can't wait til their next story comes out and I can't wait to see who will capture Jiggy's heart when his book comes out!!!
I❤🐓
Thanks Autumn for another wonderful book in the LOKI Series!!!!
Amber
Rooster and Shelby<3

Autumn Jones Lake has done it again! Words cannot express how much I loved this book. This is one of my Favorite series and my favorite authors I highly recommend! If you have not read any of the books in the Lost Kings MC series definitely check them out each book keeps getting better and better I cannot wait to read the rest of Rooster and Shelby's story!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Gunnar (Storm MC, #8)
  • Bound by Redemption (Ravage MC Bound #8)
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • Bound by Consequences (Ravage MC Bound, #7)
  • Dirty Desires (Devil Kings MC #3)
  • T-Bone (Satan's Fury-Memphis #9)
  • Dirty Deals (Devil Kings MC #2)
  • Bull (Kings of Mayhem MC, #6)
  • Spark (Men of Inked: Heatwave #6)
  • Holding On (Ruthless Sinners MC, #2)
  • Brie's Submission (Brie's Submission, #1-3)
  • Keeping Her (Savage Brothers 2nd Generation, #2)
  • Wilder (Storm MC, #9)
  • Viper (Hell's Handlers MC, #9)
  • Blood & Bones: Cage (Blood Fury MC, #5)
  • Blood & Bones: Judge (Blood Fury MC, #3)
  • Me
  • Thunder (Hell's Handlers MC, #10)
Autumn is the USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the popular Lost Kings MC and Hollywood Demons series. Autumn firmly believes that true love stories never end and that is reflected in the stories she tells.

Her past lives include baking cookies, slinging shoes, and practicing law.

She was born and raised in upstate New York, where most of her books are set. Autumn still enjoy

Lost Kings MC (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Slow Burn (Lost Kings MC, #1)
  • Corrupting Cinderella (Lost Kings MC, #2)
  • Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC, #3)
  • Tattered on My Sleeve (Lost Kings MC, #4)
  • White Heat (Lost Kings MC, #5)
  • More Than Miles (Lost Kings MC, #6)
  • White Knuckles (Lost Kings MC, #7)
  • Beyond Reckless (Lost Kings MC, #8)
  • Beyond Reason (Lost Kings MC, #9)
  • After Burn (Lost Kings MC, #10)