Start by marking “Forever Nate (Once Upon a Player Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Forever Nate (Once Upon a Player Book 1)

Forever Nate (Once Upon a Player Book 1)

Once upon a time…

A sister told her brothers, “Eventually, a girl is going to come along and flip your worlds upside down.”

She was right…

...and Nate was the first to fall.

After saving Remi from a house fire, Nate’s instantly drawn to her...like a moth to a flame.

He should forget about her, the way he does with everyone else he saves.

However, that’s easier said than done
ebook
Published December 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Forever Nate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Nate

Start your review of Forever Nate (Once Upon a Player Book 1)
Jessica Alcazar
Elena Matthews is (was) a new-to-me author and if I’m being honest here, what attracted me to Forever Nate was the cover (hot) and length of the book. I’m an avid reader and there is a lot of romance fiction being published on the daily and I have a lot of go-to authors so if I’m going to take a few hours away from them …. You feel me, right? Anywho, turns out my time was well invested. Nicely done Ms Matthews!

I don’t have much to say except I enjoyed the heck out of Nate and Remi. They had an
TheSassyNerdBlog
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author. So I went in not sure what to expect. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
From page one, I was hooked.

Nate is content with where his life is at, being single and being able to have endless amounts of flings/one night stands and not having to worry about much, but that all changes when Remi comes into the picture.

Remi and Nate ticked all the right boxes for me. Nate saved Remi from her house when it's on fire, and instantly he can't seem to get her out of his head, so
Elvira
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read I enjoyed the well developed and engaging characters and the storyline flowed smoothly from the beginning to the end.

Jennifer Pierson
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HELL! I couldn't get ENOUGH of Forever Nate, as Elena Matthews penned a fantastic story which ticked all my boxes. Nate is a man whore, there's no other way to explain him at the beginning, as he has no desire to get into a relationship, so he just sleeps with a ton of women, so I wasn't exactly on board with him at the beginning, despite being a mouth watering HOT, fireman. It's at a bad fire when he comes face to face with a woman named Remi, who he saved from her house burning down, and ...more
Within The Pages Book Blog
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In The Fire

Lets talk about Nate, he isn’t just the average man, No he is the sexiest fire fighter in the area.

When a call comes in for a house fire, Nate is on the scene and can’t believe the sight in front of him. There she is trapped in the room and he knows he has to do all he can to save her. Once she is to safety there is something nagging at him and he can’t stop thinking about her.

Erin Lewis
5 star review Forever Nate (Once Upon a Player #1) by Elena Matthews
Elena Matthews is a new author to me and I have no idea why that is. I really enjoyed this story about Nate and Remi. Although not a particularly long book Ms.Matthews certainly managed to pack a lot into it. This book is told from Nate’s point of view and whilst I enjoyed it, I would love to have gotten Remi’s as well.
After saving Remi from a house fire, he goes against his normal behaviour and visits her in the hospital where
Trish
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can’t wait for the next book in the series, Forever Logan. I enjoyed the story from beginning to end. I read about 80 percent of it in just one day, I couldn’t put it down. I was a great start to a new series. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

Nate is perfectly happy as a bachelor. His life is never end string of one-night stands. He swears he’s staying single, but his sister swears that one day her brothers are going to find that one woman who is going to
CS
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Nate was a gorgeous firefighter that collected women way too easily. Very aware of his charm and appeal, he shamelessly used his appeal to get what he wanted from the opposite sex. I was a bit disappointed in him charming a nurse to get info on Remi, who he had valiantly saved from death, only to give her a fake telephone number instead of letting her down honestly.
This sweet slow burn romance between the hero and rescuer Nate and sweet Remi had an adolescent feel to it as their dialogue was
Steph (A Brunette and Her Books)
It was another day on the job as a firefighter for Nate, until he crossed paths with Remi, and knew, without a shadow of a doubt, how his life had just changed for the better.

After being rescued from a fire that took her world and broke it into pieces, Remi thought her life was over. Until Firefighter Nate walks into her life, and proves himself worthy of her heart.

With her past coming back to haunt them, Nate and Remi prove that their love, even in the short amount of time they’ve known each
Rosie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book, although I think it was the insta-love side and the predictability of it that made me rate it at 3.5 stars.

Nate is this super playboy who has threesomes and a different girl every night then all of a sudden is in love with Remi. I would've liked a bit more character development but I suppose as a novella it's only a short read so there isn't much time. It was fairly predictable too but still enjoyable. Would've been good if there was a twist or something to keep the reader
Kari Hansen
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nate is a fireman who has earned his reputation as a playboy but life as he knows it is about to go up in smoke as when he rescues a woman from a fire and takes one look into her beautiful green eyes. He realizes that it is not because he hasn’t been able to commit to a woman but rather that before he met Remi he hadn’t met the right woman.

It is only a matter of time before a relationship ensues but between his reputation and her past things are about to get complicated.

I really enjoyed the
Deb O
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book that I really enjoyed. The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters and watching them grow together, they were well written and went well together. I found this book amazing with great word building making me feel apart of the story and watching it unfold in front of me. A definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more from this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Jessica
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Remi and Nate are great!
He meets her when he saves her from a house fire. He literally saves her. Afterwards, he can’t get her out of his head so he visits her at the hospital where he befriends her.
And here is where these two officially fall in love.
Love at first sight really.
This is a quick insta love romance for sure.

I enjoyed how this story was all in Nate’s POV. I do wish we could have had a glimpse at her POV, but somehow this worked nicely.

Great story which I highly recommend.
Now bring
Danielle Swainston
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this fast paced story so much i was sad to see it end!

Nate and Remi’s chemistry is as hot as the fire he saves her from, their story is heart warming, sweet, sassy, funny and has just the right amount of drama to keep you hooked and wanting more. The backing characters are great too and i cannot wait for more in this series.

This is a series i will enjoy over and over again!

Debra Richardson
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well written fast pace first book in the Once Upon A Player series! It is a captivating read that is well developed, relatable, and engaging; it is bursting with action, suspense, danger, humour, witty banter, and intrigue. The characters are strong and likeable; their chemistry is intense and off the charts. A Must Read!

Kirsty Turner
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Elena and have been for a few years. Her writing gets better with every book and I think this may be her best yet. Forever Nate has the perfect mix of steam and suspense but also has so much emotion. I adored reading about Remi and Nate and how they came to be together. I also loved that Nate was so protective, he is the definition of superhero. This was such an easy read but is one I thoroughly enjoyed. I cant wait for the next book in the series, Elena better be prepared for ...more
JoAnna Edger
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a first for me from this author but I must tell you that she did not disappoint.Nate is yummy all around and I loved everything from this book. The chemistry between Nate and Remi was off the chain good. While the book may not have been that long it left me satisfied and happy with the ending.

I definitely recommend this book! And I will be reading more from this author

Jody
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start to series. Player finds his soulmate when least expected. Nate rescuers Remi and cant shake her from his thoughts. Full of action, passion, and emotions. Can’t wait to continue reading about Nate’s family.

Kristin MacQueen
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved reading Nate and Remi’s story. They’re adorable together. Elena did a great job talking about the job of a firefighter and really drew you into the story. I couldn’t put this book down, I can’t wait for Logan’s story ...more
Messy Bun Book Blog
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alpha Insta Love at its finest! Whew! Forever Nate is a great story!! Watching Nate and Remi not only fall in love, but overcome all the obstacles to keep that love was beautiful! Cannot wait for more from this author!
Kelly Kemmerly
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Forever Nate...sigh, firefighters, gorgeous characters, best friend drama, and a sinister plot regarding jealousy. What more could a reader want?
I loved this slow burn with exciting plot points, developed emotional characters, and all the smoldering angst. A great read!
Kimberly Chambers
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elena Matthews delivered with “Forever Nate”

On FIRE! I could re-read this and enjoy it like it was the first time all over again! I am so ready for more in this series.
Chelsea
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced read. Nate & Remi fall in insta love after he saves her. This book had me smiling so much! I enjoyed it. Hopefully we get a novella for Logan & Ally *wink, wink* Elena ...more
Crystal George
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Nate just has to know if she is alright, so he goes to check on her and if it wasn’t bad enough when he saw her in
Tara Bryant
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Forever Nate
By Elena Matthews

“I don’t know what hold this woman has over me or why I’m so infatuated with her, but I just know I can’t stop thinking about her.”

Running into fire is what Nate does for a living. It’s his passion. Little did Nate know, he was one save away from love at first sight.
Remi is trying to rebuild her life, as a disastrous breakup. When a tragic fire threatens her life, Remi is rescued in more ways than one. Learning to love and trust agin is hard, but Nate will stop at
Bonny Niswonger
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. This book is about a fireman and a fire woman that work together. Now would be the time to get the book. I will be getting more from this author. Thank You for writing the books for us to read.
Gemma Hodgson
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the relationship between the main characters. Definitely a must read and can't wait to read more from this author
Mary
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I loved this story. It was a quick read. The connection between the main characters was well done. Will definitely read the next book.
Pamela Hepner
Jan 06, 2020
cheryl walker
Dec 24, 2019

• Scandal Queen (Tabloid Princess #2)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Burn (Men of Inked: Heatwave, #2)
  • The Daddy Dilemma (Hot Daddy, #3)
  • Shark's Edge (Shark's Edge #1)
  • Hope In A Time Of War
  • Never Always
  • Christmas on Chaos (Alien Chaos, #4)
  • Matching Bloodlines (The Princeton Allegiant Series Book 3)
  • Mr. December (Calendar Boys, #12)
  • A Picture Perfect Christmas
  • Bound (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #6)
  • The Blind Date Diaries
  • The Big Ohhh: A laugh out loud Romantic Comedy
  • Heartless (Detyen Warriors, #3)
  • Shark's Pride (Shark's Edge #2)
  • Flirty Holidays: A Flirt Club Collection
  • Let's Start Over: A Second Chance Romance
Receptionist by day, author by night, Elena Matthews is from Manchester, United Kingdom, the home of Manchester United, MediaCity, and of course, Coronation Street. When Elena isn’t writing, she can be found with her nose in a book or watching guilty pleasures, such as Grey’s Anatomy. And, when she isn’t doing those things, you can often find her on Facebook, or obsessing over Kellan Kyle, ...more