Start by marking “Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)” as Want to Read:
Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)

Star Rising

(Coastal Hearts #4)

Star Youngblood has always been a fighter-a necessity after her mother married a monster of a man. Now, she's finally on the path to the stable life she's always wanted. Her employer, Priscilla Kelly, is a sweet woman ravaged by rheumatoid arthritis, and Star will do anything to help her. Even if that means going toe to toe with Mrs. Kelly's neglectful son.

After being
Kindle Edition
Published January 4th 2020 by Southern Sun Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Star Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Rising

Start your review of Star Rising (Coastal Hearts #4)
Beth
I was on Star's team from the very beginning, but Paul, that man was a hard sell. However, Ferguson provides such a heart-tugging transformation for him and spent such careful time on it, that I did come around to his character. Star and Paul both have the wrong idea about each other, and while it is indeed a huge misunderstanding, the way it comes about is actually feasible. Some of their back and forth is actually humorous, and their traveling mishaps had me smiling and also commiserating. I ...more
Brittany
Wow! This story! Star Rising was all at once a novel that had many humorous and lighthearted moments, yet didn’t shy away from difficult topics.

The main character, Paul, was a man who once worked in the mission field but has since rejected God and all things relating to the “myth and fairy tale” that he claims Christianity to be. Paul let betrayal and deep loss tear him away from his beliefs.

Star was first introduced to readers in the previous book, The Art of Rivers. She was a very rough and
MJSH
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I’ve told my daughters this many times—unless a male is wearing a diaper, you can't change him. That’s God’s job.”

Another superb novel in the Coastal Hearts series! This is book 4 but can be read as a stand-alone (though I do highly recommend reading Art of Rivers - book 3 - to get the background on all the wonderful people that Star calls friends). Janet Ferguson’s storytelling is smooth and easy to follow, even when she deals with such tough issues like addiction and abandonment. Star’s life
Staci
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
So heartwarming to see a character come from the depths from which Star was at in the prior Coastal Hearts novel to many months drug and alcohol free and learning to be a Christian. Quite a dramatic and welcome change. I found Star's character to be credible. She sought the wisdom of Christians with more knowledge yet made some mistakes too.

Paul was also a believable character too, but definitely a whole lot less warm and fuzzy. After getting mad at God, he decided to quite believing and
Suzie Waltner
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In her brand new release, Janet Ferguson takes readers on a trip to Ireland. A trip that doesn’t start out very promising for Paul Kelly. There are some fairly humorous moments (as long as they’re not happening to you).

Janet Ferguson delves into Star Youngblood’s difficult upbringing and Paul’s lack of faith while organically moving their relationship of contention to one much, much more amiable.

I adored Star. Her desire to do the right thing and listen to God’s voice in her new life (the one
Misty Beller
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star Rising is an unforgettable story filled with witty humor, characters who come alive, and a deeper meaning that will resonate in readers' hearts. Ferguson has once again outdone herself!
Andrea Boyd
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I admit, I didn't like Paul for most of the book. Honestly, I was pulling for Davis. But redemption does come Paul's way, transforming him to the point of changing my opinion of him. That doesn't usually happen for me. That's good writing for you!
Paula Marie
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story, wish I could have stayed in Ireland a little longer with the characters, Janet brought the people and the place to life so vividly it makes me wish i could see those sites for myself! What an emotional journey Star and Paul go through, amazing story by a terrific authour!
Sarah Monzon
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novel is as gorgeous as it’s cover. Janet Ferguson tackles some tough subject with grace and love. I adored going on a book vacation to Ireland and now wish I had my passport and some cash so I could go for real!
Phyllis
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Star was such an enigma. Her life had been completely transformed when she turned it over to Jesus. No longer an addict, she still bore the scars of her traumatic childhood. Literally and figuratively. I loved watching her struggle with the need for an escape from bad circumstances and then overcoming them. I also appreciated so much how the author imparted the details without making it painful or offensive to read by doling them out a little at a time.

Paul was the guy you hate but then like a
Margaret Nelson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. If you can read The Art of Rivers first, it introduces a lot of the characters you'll meet in this book. I like Ferguson's characters and how they grow and mature through their interactions and adventures.
Pam
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Although Star Rising can easily be read on its own, I would advise reading Ferguson’s previous novel The Art of Rivers to gain a bit of background on Star and her friends. This book takes Star to Ireland with her employer Priscilla Kelly and the last minute addition of her son Paul who intends to protect his mother from Star.

I’ll admit that I didn’t like Paul at all from the beginning and even enjoyed some of his hilarious mishaps, thinking he was only getting what he deserved. The author
Winnie
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s been a great adventure reading Janet Ferguson’s Coastal Hearts series, and this time it included a trip to Ireland! Star’s story intrigued me, as I was wondering how she was going to overcome such a tragic past and get her happy ending. When Paul Kelly entered the picture, I still wasn’t sure what to think. Ferguson’s characters are always realistic, flawed, and multi-layered, and her stories flow naturally. I enjoyed the humor and banter between the characters.

This story seemed a little
Renate
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
An inspiring romance with diverse characters (age, occupation, and personality), descriptive passages, contemporary issues dealing with abuse, heart disease, aging in place, recovery, travel and lost luggage. As a reader, I appreciate how Janet Ferguson revealed Sky's story slowly throughout the story with a double romance, inspiring quotes, scripture and hymns. Arm chair travel to Ireland no passport, long flight, lost luggage or stolen wallet.
Marsha
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book so much! The characters are so believable, and you can feel their struggles. This was a sweet romance in more ways than one, with a few surprising twists along the way. I hope we get to see these characters again in a future book.
Ann
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story. It's a wonderful story full of hope and redemption. The author brought the book to life with her words, I could see the scenery and feel all of the emotions. This is definitely a "Must Read" book. I received an ARC copy of this book and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Jennifer Rodewald
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With a love for beauty, a hint of adventure, and a firm grip on redemption, Janet Ferguson has penned another beautiful story of hope and healing, joy after hardships, and love that will last. This is a not-to-be-missed trip to Ireland blended with a story that will resonate for readers who love Christian romance.
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Prayer is not telling God what we want like He's our personal vending machine. Prayer is asking God what He wants."

Janet Ferguson is an amazing writer. Her ability to capture the human emotion and write it in a way that you feel what the characters are going through is amazing. After reading The Art Of Rivers last year I knew I would always read what she writes.

Star Rising did not disappoint.

Star got her story! She had a horrible background and childhood but one of the most amazing things
Linda
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Janet Ferguson has turned out another blockbuster in the Christian Romance genre!

When Paul Kelly and Star Youngblood first meet, neither has a good impression of the other. Star thinks Paul is neglecting his mother (who is her employer). Paul thinks Star is a freeloader who is sponging off his aging mother.

It takes a trip to Ireland, and a few mishaps along the way, to open both their eyes. Paul and Star find themselves attracted to each other, but Star's Christian faith is a stumbling-block to
Geneva
Dec 19, 2019
Elizabeth
Dec 20, 2019
Janet Ferguson
Dec 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

• The Wedding Dress Christmas (The Wedding Collection)
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
  • Royally Yours
  • Waiting For You (The Spencer Family #1)
  • Like a Winter Snow (Port Willis)
  • Christmas on Breakers Point (Independence Islands Book 1)
  • Wyatt (The Montana Marshalls, #4)
  • When I Come Home Again (Big Prairie Romance, #1)
  • The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • Ruby Jane (The Montana Marshalls, #5)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • The Hope We Share (Potter's House 2 #1)
  • The Amish Marriage Bargain
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • Deadly Christmas Pretense (Roughwater Ranch Cowboys #2)
  • A Heart Reconsidered (Peacock Hill Romance Book 6)
  • Murder on a Ski Trip (A Ridgeway Rescue Mystery Book 10)
Janet W. Ferguson is a Grace Award winner and a Christy Award finalist. She grew up in Mississippi and received a degree in Banking and Finance from the University of Mississippi. She has served as a children’s minister and a church youth volunteer. An avid reader, she worked as a librarian at a large public high school. She writes humorous inspirational fiction for people with real lives and real ...more

Coastal Hearts (4 books)
  • Magnolia Storms (Coastal Hearts #1)
  • Falling for Grace (Coastal Hearts #2)
  • The Art of Rivers (Coastal Hearts #3)