Start by marking “Nearness to You” as Want to Read:
Nearness to You

Nearness to You

Nearness to You is a collection of short essays exploring what it means to journey to God in this life. Written as reflections on the author's travels meeting the seekers of God, these essays are meant to be make readers pause and think about their own journeys, their relationship with the One who has created them, and the path that lies ahead. ...more
Published 2019 by DiDarayn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Nearness to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nearness to You

Start your review of Nearness to You
siso.sofy
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The moment I pick the book from the bookstore shelves and I open directly to page 27. “Truly” is a beautiful piece. I can’t seem to put it down until I finished the book. Alhamdulillah.

If you need to find something to read especially for the new year, this is a great start. The book that helps you to reflect and remind you again and again how beautiful our life is when we have Allah in our life.

The principal of let go and let god echoes throughout the book, and in some chapters it makes me cry.
Emmy Hermina Nathasia
What a beautiful book. Reflections shared by the author pierce through the heart and the soul. Warm and delicious longing birth and beckon our lost, lonely, gentle soul towards God. I don’t usually read this type of book, I always think that I don’t need them. But I’m glad I pick this up; albeit by accident. Sometimes we don’t know what we need. Allah knows best.
Sharmine
Love this so much. Definitely one of my favorites. The words are just so soothing to the heart, inviting contemplation and reflection to this wandering soul. I can see myself grabbing this one time and time again, just to lift my spirit and to remind myself what it feels like to be near to the One and Only.
Fatini Zulkifli
Dec 07, 2020 rated it liked it
A light book to read to unwind during travelling. I liked the presentation - the photos carefully selected by the author adding personal touch and gave her narration more alive. The author tried her best to share her thoughts and knowledge on self-discovery and Godliness thag she obtained from people surrounding her.
Sue Anna
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fatimah Wahidah
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A reflection compilation from the author mainly about how to take a step closer to Allah.
Safa Safwan
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Be patient in waiting for time to pass and His Decree to unfold. Be patient in waiting for the uncontrollable variables to each fall into place. Be patient with the self and its tendency to think the worse of each situation. Because His plans are way better than ours. Because this life is all just a test of our faith, our trust, and our reliance on the One who manages all of our affairs."– Nearness To You (page 197)

This book has been a great accompany since my first day of Ramadan. Reading the
Nurliyana Amirah
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every page makes you reflect and ponder. I had to slow down just so i could process the meaning. One of my fav is on rezeki titled “He gifts whom He wills”
Aina Nadia
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Subhanallah this book is so so beautiful. Already in love with this book from the first page reading it ✨💖

I remember picking this book and started reading it on 2 am ish, and I couldn’t stop. As I know sleep is important, I suppressed my eagerness to continue my reading and sleep. The next morning, I quickly continue reading it and ahhhhhhhhh so so gooddddd. I am hooked.

Each chapters gives insight to me. It’s like giving new perspectives upon life, and soothe the heart. I really admire author’
KakEllereads
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First time reading her masterpiece, I immediately falls in love with her book. Parts of this book is so relatable to my own hijrah journey.

The book is published by Iman Publications (my favourite publisher 😆). Its a hardcover book with 238 pages. Bought it from Iman Shoppee at RM 40.50 after discount (the original price is RM 45.00).

🌹Each chapter is written in short essays and are based on the writer experiences.
🌹I love the way the writer educates reader about deen through simple language usage
Alya Azmi
Oct 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
At first I was a bit sceptical about this book; I mean if this book is another book with the content same as The Art of Letting God/Call Upon Him/You Are Loved then I think I already got the message from those three books, plus generally the book is about the author’s reflection on her journey to seek God, but nevermind maybe I’ll give it a shot lah since it’s quite hype on social medias too.

Baca punya baca rasa nak snap every page uolls, seriously. You know how different MasyaAllah people’s (s
Marissa
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it

🌷I heaved a sigh of relief as i was moving from 1 chapter to another because somehow i felt the burden had been lifted off my shoulder

🌷I wept a couple of time for so many reasons as i read between the lines...

🌷Sometimes my heart pounded with excitement as i felt the breeze of encouragement infiltrated Inside me

🌷There was 1 time i’d to deal with the bitter truth . Though it felt unsettling in the beginning but i choose to be wise by admitting & pray for a better change

🌷But most of times, I felt
Maryam Othman
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It such a solace to have a book like this. Every time i pick up this book, there must be new things to reflect on myself and to realise the fact that it is it.

Having to realise the fact that we are muslim, the need to rely on Him alone. Whatever the situation it is, Allah must be the first that we keep in our heart and our soul. This eventually keeps me going with a firm step. With Fear of him and Hope in him.

The journey of sis fadhilah to Tareem also makes me dream about someday, i wanted to g
Khairina
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Letting Allah deciding everything for you and always remember Him in whatever you're doing.

A beautiful inside out book filled with soothing words and pretty pictures. Written in a simple language, it feels like the author is talking and sharing beside me about her amazing journey in finding the One. She also always ended the chapter with various dua and hoping the for best in this dunya and hereafter.

The author always asks questions that can be related to our lives and situation. We, the readers
Wan Nor Hanifah Hidayah Hanifah Hidayah Wan Kamaruddin
I finished reading this book on a wonderful day, 8 March 2020.

This book is a beautiful book. I started loving this book by its cover.

Then, when i read the whole book. I can say that SubhanAllah what a beautiful and amazing life that Allah give to me.

Thanks to sis Fadhilah because this book helps me a lot in reflecting and “muhasabah” a lot of things in my life.

May my relationship with Allah become closer than before 💕

Saaahmat
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would say Nur Fadhilah Wahid always soothe my uncomfort feeling I have been dealing with life most of the time. The books teach me even a small things in life could be a life changing for me to look for. I thank the writer for her amazing and inspiring stories that she has been shared. This is my second books after Light Upon Light and I always been waiting for her books in future. If you are looking something that can change your view in life, this books can be one of them 😊
Faqihah Hasnizam
Sep 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I picked this book up after reading Light Upon Light and devoured it in a day! I’ve been following Nur Fadhilah Wahid’s Instagram and have loved her anecdotes. I’m truly grateful she published her iman-nourishing stories in book form for us to pick up and read. May Allah grant her the strength and inspiration to keep writing.

However, there were a few publishing errors. I hope the next batch of books will be printed with more care. But all in all, it was a lovely read.
Faraa Musa
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One word ; MasyaAllah beautiful. Every pages make us reflect and ponder upon ourselves. Each chapter gives us hope, and reminds us about the tremendous blessings given by Allah, and the love of our beloved Prophet Muhammad towards us (his ummah). Every words written was meant to bring us flee near to Allah.
Syarafina
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
love the layouts in the pages from the book brings out what the author want to say by the images because pictures speaks a thousand words. Overall, the reflections and stories that the author writes portrays well with how prophet muhammad and Allah describes from hadiths or in Quran. Recommended to read! and can’t wait for the next book by author!
Yantitee
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, islam, 2020
So beautiful. Every single bit of it. It’s a book of reflections and of love for God and
His Beloved salla Allāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam.

If I had to choose, my favourite chapter would be “Witnessing”.

I would read this again and again.
Abdul Muhaimin Suhaimi
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very good book with profound lessons origin
from author personal experiences as a spiritual wayfarer to the Creator. Among all,
we can fell and always the most are His Attributes of The Most Merciful and Most Loving. Beyond words, simply immense lessons
10/10
Wani Hazirah
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good book :)
عدوية اكبر
Each chapter contains the story of the author in her daily life. It’s easy to undertand. There are beautiful words and heart-wrenching stories for those who are truly immerse into this book.
Nur Diyana
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full of reminders and inspiration to become a better Muslim everyday.
RajaFatin
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very good book for reflection of myself. Most of the explanations hit right into the heart.
Ieza
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A highly recommended book for soul reflection. The author was sharing her own experience in finding God. A truly inspiring book, love it very much. Will surely read it again.
Syah H
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
“We do not become by reading, we become by being....to be a better believer, believe.”
Fatinfarzanaa
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this so much. For someone who just starts to learn to take a step forwards to Allah, it gives me much strength and assurance. I will come back to read this again and again
NURULNAZIEFA
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
So what words have you chosen to speak to yourself today.? - Nearness to You.
JihahRazak
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My very first spiritual book,i'm in love,perfect for those who want to start their spiritual journey! ...more

• The Art of Letting God