Start by marking “Break Free (Smart Girl Mafia, #1)” as Want to Read:
Break Free (Smart Girl Mafia, #1)

Break Free

(Smart Girl Mafia #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  58 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Welcome to the world of the Smart Girl Mafia.
Interracial love.
Hot Men.
Nerdy. Geeky. Weirdo. Women.
Stay awhile.

Lynn Scott

You know that super-hot guy from high school? The jock. The popular guy.
The one you fantasized about when you were supposed to be studying.
The ex-Olympic water polo player you expect to be married in his thirties to an ex-beauty queen and
Published November 2019 by AMY Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Break Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break Free

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Break Free (Smart Girl Mafia, #1)
Michaela
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now this was a book written for all those love hopefuls who enjoy down to earth characters with real problems that relate to the ordinary world, and a spicy spicy romance. Although the only thing that was unneeded were parentheses to convey the characters thoughts. Since it was in the first POV, they could have just remained short sentences without their distracting from the flow of the book. But I adored Lynn and Nick's story and I can't wait for more from the Smart Girl Mafia.

Lynn is an
Lesley Sasser
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

Looking forward to reading more in this series and more from this author.

Love when a couple gets together and stays together without too much angst and unnecessary separations.

Loved their interaction and verbal play! Just enough from secondary characters to foretell upcoming story arcs but not overwhelm the reader!
Alexis
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful debut. The beginning sucks you right in. A light, sexy, fun read.
NovelMomma
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Rating - 3.5

Break Free is Amiee Smith’s debut novel. It had a lot of good features. The story was interesting, there were definitely no cookie cutter characters, and I wanted to know what happened with this couple.

Lynn is a quirky writer who has made a good life for herself despite her own personal struggles. After losing a significant amount of weight, she is ready to let go a bit. The perfect opportunity arises when Nick wants to hook up. Nick seems to have it all. The popular ex-Olympian
LaTanya Galloway
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quirky, fun read

This story really touched home for me. I have a daughter(and son) that's ADHD and my sister is one of the leading cannibis advocates in CA. Even with that being said, this story opened up my eyes to the world of cannibis. The story between Lynn and Nick was really sweet and the only thing that made the story not flow as well for me was at times I could determine if Lynn was a recently college grad or actually a 33yr old woman. The whole "holy unicorn" on multiple occasions
Sybil Pun
It was very educative

First time reading MS. Smith and although I was getting annoyed with the amount of ma##### that they were doing, it was not too bad.
It was very educative, from learning about friends support and love, parents, to learning about ADHD and trying to live normally while dealing with everyday life...
LaToya
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Oh My Goddess”

What can I say about this book? The title says it all. This story is smart, sassy, sexy, and liberating. I love how vivid the story is and it mirrors some of my dreams and potential ambitions. The characters just fit and the story was hard to put down. I’m anxiously awaiting the sequel
Manouchka
I was so bored

yeah not for me. I really gave this book an effort. I couldn't finish the book I was do bored. I really want to like this book
Cleo
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goddess!!!!

First read by this author!! Can I say I love her writing? New Author Crush? Lynn is the woman we all see a little of ourselves. I love her strength, it comes off so quiet and mild then Bam! Nick is “EVERYTHING!” a book boyfriend Hubble should be! Love his determination in nailing Lynn down and claiming her. I adored the side characters! Everything this book was... I enjoyed!! Seriously!! Great Job Ms. Aimee!!
Debra Spears
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice

I enjoyed the book and the characters. I love the music and I even picked up her favorite green juice. She made me rethink my food choices. Something I had been already thinking about. I was fascinated by their mutual enjoyment. Never knew there was so much so many to choose from. Looking forward to the next book.
Kel
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I really enjoyed this and will continue the series.
AJS
Dec 06, 2018
Coco
Aug 06, 2018
Pavli St.
rated it did not like it
Dec 09, 2018
mrs_dash1027
Oct 15, 2018
Kim
Mar 24, 2018

• Dirty Kisses (The Lion and the Mouse #1)
  • Dirty Love (The Lion and the Mouse #2)
  • Aaron's Patience (Townsend Series #2)
  • His Sweetest Song
  • Warning: Dangerous Curves Ahead (Dangerously Curvy Book 1)
  • LUCA - Her Ruthless Don (Ruthlessly Obsessed Duet, Book 1): 50 Loving States, New York, Pt. 1 (Ruthless Tycoons 3)
  • Redneck Romeo (The Culture Blind #1)
  • Filthy Lies
  • Always Right
  • Archer: Ex-Bachelor
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Broken Promises
  • Alpha
  • The Swede (Denver Rebels #2)
  • ZAHIR - Her Ruthless Sheikh: 50 Loving States, New Jersey (Ruthless Tycoons, #2)
  • Trent (Across the Aisle #1)
  • Duncan (Across the Aisle #2)
  • Masque of Red Death
Amiee Smith is a contemporary romance author from California.

She writes diverse, west-coast style, sexy stories about smart, successful, strong women and hot, alpha men.

Her current series is The Smart Girl Mafia about a group of thirtysomething girlfriends who find love where they least expect it.

Smart Girl Mafia (3 books)
  • Strangely Amazing (Smart Girl Mafia Series Book 2)
  • Space Between (Smart Girl Mafia Series Book 3)