Start by marking “Rising Heat Anthology” as Want to Read:
Rising Heat Anthology

Rising Heat Anthology

Dreaming of summer lovin’?
Take your mind on a summer vacation with seven standalone, contemporary romance, short stories from these new authors.
Sweets come first (like every good meal!) and the hottest are saved for last.
There’s a little something for everyone with MF, MM and MMF pairings – and guides at the start of each story to let you know what’s coming.
No cliff
294 pages
Published November 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Rising Heat Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rising Heat Anthology

Start your review of Rising Heat Anthology
Angela Oliver
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Rising Heat' lives up to its name, starting sweet and romantic with the tales escalating in heat to a grand polyamorous finale. Each story is distinctly different, showcasing the diversity of romantic styles - from the tongue-in-cheek playful humor of "hair & now", to (my favorite) the emotionally charged "starlit shores". These stories will transport you from an English beach, to a "hot weekend" in Amsterdam - but the settings I love the best are New Zealand: the wild alpine landscape of ...more
Deniz
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A sweet -- and steamy -- book of microromances, featuring great settings (New Zealand! Amsterdam!) and fun and witty characters. Just right for reading at the beach or, if it's winter where you are, on a snowy vacation day as you dream of summer.

The first few stories are sweet, and the last two quite steamy. The final story was my favourite of the bunch. It leaves you with a warm glow that's just the sort of HEA you want to walk away with.

Ancolie Bodart
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading romance, particularly stories featuring women who are fully formed individuals. I like some heat, although before this anthology hadn't read LGTB or threesome.

What I absolutely love about this anthology is that it exposed me to subgenres I wouldn't have sought out on my own. I usually roll my eyes at romance very little heat, but was blown away by Laura Wolf's 'Happy Trails', I have never read anything homosexual, but was moved by Grace Lawler's 'Barrier BNB', and I never read
Jo Hulatt
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rising Heat?? Yes it certainly did...
I really enjoyed all the stories and how the Heat rose. Would definitely recommend this book to romance readers and would really love to read more from Emmy Lou especially.
Kathleen Woodford
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rising Heat? Certainly was, every story bringing romance from different and diverse situations. Something for everyone and a chance to widen your reading horizons as well.

When you go on holiday you don’t always want to bury yourself in a tome and the same goes if you have a very busy life, these stories are just right.

Loved Happy Trails a lovely descriptive journey with no blisters at the end of it and also Starlit Shores, a dramatic story with a back story too and a perfect leading man.

If
Kylie Dumble
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great anthology! I enjoyed all the stories but LOVED One Chance. I'm really hoping to be able to read more Mata Bay stories in the future! This book has a little of everything from heartfelt to the hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the chilly peppers at the beginning of each story to let you know the heat level! Definitely worth a read.
Marie
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great boxset to warm you up on these cold winter months!

A great mixed bag with something for everyone, each book clearly shows at the beginning a heat level and M/F, M/M or M/F/M, so you can read them all or just those that appeal to you:
Happy Trails by Laura Wolf
How hard can it be?

Will Katherine find herself? Or when she finds Grayson does she find something she wasn't even searching for? A sweet romance full of self discovery with a little humour and sass thrown in too.

Starlit Shores by
Kathy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Isn't Romance Wonderful!

I loved this anthology of short romances, from the sweet romance with the climax of a loving kiss and a promise, through to stories of love lost and found again, and ending with the full-on, no-holds-bar ultimate MMF wedding sex. But throughout the increasingly hotter stories, the uniting theme of love that the characters all find, gives the audience those feel-good endings we look for when choosing to read romance.
Ellie Wood
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC copy of this and was pleasantly surprised.
It has seven separate stories by seven new authors.
Each is very different and the rising heat title is telling in that the stories literally get hotter and hotter as you go along.
Each was a summer romance and each told a story that had a happy ending.
The majority of the stories were set in New Zealand which give the book quite an exotic feel. Whilst there were also stories in Europe.
I loved the tongue in cheek humour in Hair and Now
S. Miller
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This anthology is a veritable mixed bag of romance. I love the flow all the stories, slowly building up to the last 'big bang' as it were. The characters and storylines felt like they could be real, there was nothing 'over dramatised' for the sake of story. The characters were all believable, and the plots were sound.
The anthology features stories that vary in length and 'heat', stretching from the fluffy romance to the smutty and everything in between. If you're looking for a nice read that you
Stephanie
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read. I’m not really one for reading romance but this book had a good variety that works for everyone! Different countries, different romance styles, etc. A nice, easy read especially for the summer!
Emmy-Lou James
Nov 28, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Working on this anthology has been an incredible learning experience.
It was daunting to submit a story amongst six such talented authors - but I'm glad I did.
I've loved watching the way each story developed, and reading the final submissions are a testament to the work and commitment that has been put in.

From Laura Wolf's South Island trails, to Amy Blythe's fun and frolics in Amsterdam, and Grace Lawler's 'Barrier BnB's' exotic North Island location to the Mediterannean cruise in Stephanie
Jill Mccaw
Alexa Rivers
marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2019

• Santa Claws: A Christmas novella
  • Jeremiah's Bogus Bride: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 4)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Zeke: Heroes at Heart
  • Bright Horizon (Pine Cove #4)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Delicious (Camos and Cupcakes, #1)
  • The Lonesome Cowboy’s Abducted Bride
  • Holy Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #3)
  • The Police Chief's Bride: Clean Beach Romance in Getaway Bay (Brides & Beaches Romance Book 7)
  • Straight and Level
  • Boxed Set: The Claire Hardcastle Mysteries: The Claire Hardcastle Trilogy
  • All He Wants For Christmas : A Sweet Christmas Romance (Christmas On Palmar Island Book 3)
  • After the Flood
  • Gregory (Hathaway House #7)
  • Caught in the Crossfire (Otter Creek Book 15)
  • My French Affair: How a Kiwi Woman Found Her Joie de Vivre in the South of France
  • Not Until Christmas