Start by marking “Deathly Desires” as Want to Read:
Deathly Desires

Deathly Desires

I know what you did last spring…

When his friend Veronica accidentally kills Mason, Cody’s unrequited crush, 17-year-old Cody successfully helps to cover it up. That is until the start of their Junior Year, when everyone involved receives a menacing note from someone who knows what they did.

The blackmail about Mason’s death quickly escalates to stalking, arson, and atte
Kindle Edition
Published November 14th 2019 by Deep Hearts YA

To ask other readers questions about Deathly Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deathly Desires

Start your review of Deathly Desires
Joyfully Jay
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

2 stars

Author Chris Bedell has released a paranormal mystery that has multiple twists and turns. Deathly Desires is a murder mystery, a first love romance, and a supernatural relationship all rolled into one. There were several elements to Deathly Desires that I felt were either underplayed or intrinsically wrong in this novel. Without giving too much away plot-wise, I want to begin with the language. Given the premise that Noah became a grim reaper in 1770 and did so when
J.P. Jackson
This is the first book I've read from Chris Bedell. I'll admit Young Adult is not normally my jam, but the concepts in this novel intrigued me. After all, how can you possibly pass up a story where the main character ends up with a Grim Reaper boyfriend!

There were lots of twists and turns in this read, sometimes at a dizzying pace, but certainly, enough to make this a quick and fun romp.

Not everything in this book gelled well with me, and that might be because of the audience it's targeted for.
Shara Godwinson
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, enjoyable
I really liked this story. It was a great mystery/thriller with magical elements. The characters were fun and the drama was real. All in all, a really fun and enjoyable read.
Tom Wilinsky
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
High school students, a missing body and a hot grim reaper combine to make Chris Bedell’s Deathly Desires a roller coaster of a read. The twists and turns don’t stop, the risks mount and you’re never sure if it’s safe to step off. Engaging and fun!
PortlandAvidReader
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A young adult paranormal romance thriller

A budding romance as Noah and Cody try to figure out how to negotiate their attraction. The paranormal problem is that Noah is a reaper, essentially immortal. How to establish a relation with a mortal? And what is up with the missing body and the threatening notes? How do you fall in love when bad things start happening to your loved ones and you are under threat of murder? An engaging read that ends on a cliffhanger.

I received a free copy of this book vi
Kkhmonrai
Sep 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This was my first read from this author, and I found the plot unique and intriguing, with mystery, murder, blackmail, romance, and the supernatural. I liked the story and the relationship forming between Cody and Noah.

Denise and Mark Yurkofsky
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed Chris Bedell's other works but Deathly Desires was the best so far. Very good character development and a fast moving plot. Really gets into the teenage brain and emotions. Relationships ricochet off each other leaving you a bit breathless trying to catch up.
Looking forward to reading more for this upcoming and prolific author.
Molly
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Psychological thriller fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
Crazy things happen with Cody and his bestie Veronica and her beau Brandon

A twisted blackmail scam turns to assault and a missing person

Threats and violence ala I Know What You Did Last Summer takes a few paranormal twists

Intense paranormal drama and psychological thriller
Reading_With_Cec
Sep 11, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I DNFd this after 8 pages and I don't even care- I'm still rating it. I was in awe by how terrible the writing was, paragraph after paragraph of complete nonsense. I am shooketh. ...more
Denise
rated it did not like it
Sep 27, 2020

• The Roadcut
  • The Bright Lands
  • Solutions and Other Problems
  • Spellhacker
  • The Essence (The Pledge, #2)
  • Into the Gray (The Color of Love #1)
  • The Violet Skies of Morning (The Color of Love #3)
  • A Lighter Shade of Blue (The Color of Love, #2)
  • A Touch of Magic (Fae-Touched, #1)
  • Mr. Nobody
  • The Ghost of Hillcomb Hall (Darkly Enchanted Romance, #2)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • The Female of the Species
  • Stolen: A Letter to My Captor
  • The Mysterious World Of Professor Darkk And Miss Shadow: The Short Story Collection ( Book #0)
  • Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy, #2)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound, #5)
  • Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1)

News & Interviews