Start by marking “The Night King (Captive Mates #1)” as Want to Read:
The Night King (Captive Mates #1)

The Night King

(Captive Mates #1)

Monsters are real.

And one of them says I’m his mate.

One second I was a perfectly normal college student out with my friends. The next thing I knew, I was in the Faerie Realm. A place that’s not supposed to exist. I have no idea how I got here and no idea how I’m going to get home. All I know is that I was sold to the Night King as a slave and the delusional (but sexy

Published January 20th 2020 by Illaria Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Night King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night King

Start your review of The Night King (Captive Mates #1)
Caroline Doig
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story but it does end on a cliffhanger so I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book and I will buy that one too when it comes out. Skylar is abducted and taken to the Fae Kingdom where she is sold to the Night King who’s never had anyone ever say no to him until this sassy, stubborn woman named Skylar comes along. I loved this story there is so much more going on in this story that I’m not going to give any spoilers I will let you find that out for yourself what this book is abo ...more
Amanda
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Night King is a fun new beginning of a series. I love stories of magic and Fae, so this was an exciting new world to dive into. Rayth is king of a cursed court and has learned from a powerful shadow witch that he needs to find his mate to break it. Skylar is from earth and was kidnapped after standing up to some idiots in her bar. She finds herself in another world and being sold as a slave. Rayth instantly knows there is something about this human he is drawn to, but doesn't know what at fi ...more
Maloma
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it

I’ve never read anything from this author before but this book was really good. Fair warning that it does end with a cliffhanger. I was so engrossed in the story telling that when the end came it felt abrupt and was totally unexpected. More world building could be done along with descriptive wording but as it’s a short story maybe there’s a reason for that. Characters could still be fleshed out but this beginning will draw you in and keep you entertained. Genius way to keep readers wanting to se
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Night King by Dyan Chick is a wonderful story that I have read. This is book number one in this wonderful start to a brand new series to read and I can not wait to read the next book in this wonderful series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

Philleys Peters
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this, the first book of a new romantic fae fantasy series. The Night King and his fae kingdom are slowly dying under a dark curse while awaiting the prophetic coming of his fated mate and savior. With dissention and war lurking on the horizon, will Rayth recognize his mate in time? An amusing and intriguing storyline that ends in a cliffhanger. Until the next installment...

L.A. Johnson
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you love fae romance this is a must read. The story is beautifully written and haunting. I loved the romance and the world building. Every page is dripping with danger and intrigue and sizzling chemistry. A cursed kingdom and a woman sold into slavery to the fae. A sexy fae king who will do anything to break the curse. Their stories collide and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Can't wait for book 2.
Michelle
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc, booksprout-arc
King Rayth court is cursed and finds out that in order to break the curse he needs to find his mate. Skylar was just living life trying to survive when she's kidnapped and sold into slavery in another world. The Night King is book one of the Captive Mates series and has an interesting storyline. The writing is good, the characters are intriguing and that ending that left me with so many questions. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
I normally don't like cliffhangers and will only read them from well known authors for me. I loved previous stories by Dyan Chick and wasn't disappointed in this even though it does end on a cliffhanger. The world built here is intriguing and I couldn't help but fall in love. There is danger, attraction, some mystery and the fated mates pull that's hard to deny.

Suzanne Irving
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WARNING this book ends on a cliffhanger. I was so into this book that I powered through it in one sitting. It’s a very compelling story about a woman from earth who gets caught up in the fae world and their politics on the eve of war. If that sounds thrilling to you then you will probably enjoy this book as much as I did. Although you will definitely then be chomping at the bit for the next one like I am.

Katie Hoffman
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very good start to a new series. Skylar is from earth and now she is in a fae kingdom. That also is cursed. Overall storyline is really good. Good characters. Book ends on a cliffhanger but I really am looking forward to reading the next book.

Andrea LeCras
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
On the worst night of Skylar's life, she breaks up a bar fight and lose her job. Then the assholes from the bar follows her home and kidnaps her. This was a good start. Interesting story. Lots of twists and turns. Ready for book 2.

Barbara
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book one in a new series called Captive Mates, by an Author I have not read before. Skylar and Rayth's story of suspense,drama, kidnapping, a shadow witch, twists, turns, and romance. This book ends on a cliff-hanger, I want to read the next one. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Suzanne Lapham
Jan 22, 2020 rated it liked it
When does the next book come out

Not really a cliffhanger, but it does leave you hanging. Every thing is in flux, the kingdom, the relationship, the shadow realm. I want to see where this goes. My first book by this author but I will read others.
Amber Maggard
Apr 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read for fans of Fae!

Dyan never disappoints and this book is proof. The story line is exciting and full of plenty of mystery. I finished this book in one sitting because I couldn't pull myself away. I will be waiting very impatiently to see where this journey takes Skylar!
Suzanne Gandolfi-lapham
When does the next book come out! Not really a cliffhanger, but it does leave you hanging. Every thing is in flux, the kingdom, the relationship, the shadow realm. I will read this author again and hopefully the next book in the series is out soon.
Heather Bane
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. The story drew me in and kept my interest. I enjoyed the characters and found them well developed. The story is well written and I would recommend reading.

Elvira
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read with characters that are well developed and engaging and have chemistry. The storyline is well written and flows smoothly from page to page.

Kathleen Shanahan
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!

Loved this book. Read it in one sitting. Only disappointment is having to wait on the next book in the series.
Jane Elizabeth
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
KU Edition reader

This is an amazing story and great start to the series. So much deception woven throughout, with plenty of intrigue and excitement
Dawn Milligan
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off I love the cover!!😍 Caught my attention! This is well written with great characters I enjoyed the story flow!
Allison Thornton
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!

Everything Dyan Chick writes is amazing. I need more of this story and can't wait for the next book to come out.
Rachel
Feb 09, 2020
Aileen M Boren
Feb 07, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fever Fae (Dark Fae Kings #1)
  • Four Mercenaries - The Complete Collection
  • Tears of the Dragon (Drake's Street #3)
  • Honeypot Babies Omnibus (Honeypot Babies, #1-3)
  • Detective Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #8)
  • Their Bounty (Four Mercenaries, #1)
  • Tamed
  • Captive Vampire (Unchained Hearts)
  • A Billionaire Gentleman (The Holden Brothers #1)
  • Seized by the Dragon
  • Wolf Quest: Temptation of the Wolf (Wolf Quest, #1)
  • Darke
  • The Earl's Acceptance: Collection (The Earl's Acceptance, #1-3)
  • Save Me (Gothic Omegaverse #2)
  • Bite Me (Gothic Omegaverse #1)
  • Chaotic (Arcane Mage, #1)
  • Becoming (Mountain Magic, #1)
  • First Blood (Diablo Falls)