Start by marking “A Critical Tangent (Moonlight and Murder, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Critical Tangent (Moonlight and Murder, #1)

A Critical Tangent

(Moonlight and Murder #1)

Enter a world where ignorance and darkness mask chaos and deceit.

Keiki’s focus on designing drones shatters one morning when her prototype records the murder of her friend. Captured video detailed the masked killer’s promise to find his witness and finish the job.
Experience has given her good reason to not trust cops, especially when they come knocking on her door. Their
Published December 29th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Critical Tangent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Critical Tangent

Start your review of A Critical Tangent (Moonlight and Murder, #1)
Siobhan
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Critical Tangent is the first book in Reily Garrett’s new series, Moonlight and Murder, and it sets up the series well. It contains all the things Reily Garrett does well, ensuring you’ll be happy to devour it in no time at all and will be desperate for book two.

As is regularly the case with a Reily Garrett book, before I go any further, I just wished to make a quick note. I’m fortunate enough to beta read for Reily Garrett, lucky enough to get an insight in how these books develop. However,
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
A Critical Tangent is the first book in the Moonlight and Murder series by the badass, Reily Garrett. I have read most of her books and they are always full of suspense, love, and badass characters. I was excited when I found out she was starting a new series.

Keiki is a mechanical prodigy who is going into the drone business. She has been building and perfecting them for years and during her college years she has been working for a PI and Harock Industries. But once she graduates she is opening
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The brilliant Reily Garrett has done it again with the start of her new series, Moonlight and Murder. Her stories are at the top of my list as best suspense which lets me drop the most f-bombs since the twists are all turned out, with the turns quite twisted up, so it's rare that I do figure out, "who dun it" before it's revealed. This is the story of Keiki Tallerman, a genius when it comes to building her drones, which she's been perfecting for some time now. During one of her drone runs, she ...more
Ron Mac
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~Non-stop Action
~First, I’ll state that I received this book as a gift from the author to read and review.
~I have read several other books by the author, Reily Garrett. So, within the first few pages I had to stop and remember that this was a new series…and there are differences. This is a good thing. And this worked well for me.
~This book has different characters, which we get to see develop. The police detectives, Nolan Garnett and Coyote Waylin, are portrayed as the good guys. Both are driven
Pat Eroh
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is an intense super riveting story with an awesomely intelligent woman Keiki and a dedicated detective Garnett. Be prepared for an awesomely written story with lots of action that you will have difficulty putting down. I am looking forward to book 2.

melanie allen
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh WOW what a great story. A real intriguing mystery story, full of so much suspense it keeps you hooked. An enjoyable read from the start to the finish. I’ve read a few books by Reily Garrett and I just love how complex and intriguing they are with murder, mystery, passion and romance what a great combination to keep you coming back for more.
Denise Van plew
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read this author once before I was not hesitant to venture into this one. Since I am on a suspense bing this fit right in. Bonus is it is the beginning of a series. We follow Keiki in that she draws us in with the story as it unfolds. I would say too that she might also be a target along with the dead. The suspense will start slowly but soon have you climbing as things at times speed up. We have to rely on Garnett to not go wrong and get this cleared up. Remember she is a witness. This ...more
Karla Andrew
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Drones, Murder, and Romance.... Add to that some kidnapping thrown into the mix.

Three friends and two partners and the interactions that go on between the main characters. Murder and kidnapping, romance are all included. Add in technology which I include. Is the main heroine the suspect or the target? As a first in a series it was a good book for setting up the partners and a love interest to move on to future books.

In our own house we have several drones and have played with them a lot, and
Romaine Heart
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Critical Tangent blew me out of the waters!!
Critical Tangent sucked me in from the first page. It will have your heart racing in this action packed, suspenseful mystery with unexpected twists at every corner. A range of emotions that touches your heart.
After the tragedies Keiki has endured she is a strong survivor with a good heart. She trusts no one. Keiki does have a charming, brutal side to her though. Her banter will have you in stitches.
'Keiki groaned and repeatedly punched one key
Rosie Amber
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Critical Tangent is a romantic suspense story and book one of the Moonlight and Murder series.

Keiki witnesses the brutal murder of her student friend via a camera on a drone―but the two-way communication gave the killer a full view of Keiki and now he’s coming after her.

When a second student goes missing and a third is attacked, Detective Garrett and his partner Coyote’s usual quiet life begins to get complicated. The killer’s evidence all leads to Keiki, except Garrett believes that she is a
Donna West
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
May Have Spoilers!

I was absolutely captivated with this book and felt like I became one with the story and characters. It is a realistic story with very interesting characters. Reily Gerrett always keeps things relevant and this modern-day storyline is dominated by the use of drones. Ms. Gerrett did a fantastic job of keeping the story moving and building the suspense. One point became increasingly clear in our data driven world; our freedoms are teetering on the edge of extinction. It is
Jemimah Peñaredonda
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heather Wamboldt
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Critical Tangent is the first book in the Moonlight and Murder series and is a great start to this new series.

The characters are well developed, intelligent, and likable. The storyline is well written and compelling, with murder, lies, betrayal, humour, danger, drama, and some romance.

This is the first book I have read from the author and I am looking forward to reading more.

Christine Woinich
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wicked ride. Lots of action with some soft moments. Keiki was caught in the middle of something she could not see. Death began to surround her. Nolan became her protector whether she wanted him to be or not. He had his own demons to fight but found his way to accept Keiki and his feelings for her. I recommend this story.

I received a copy of this book through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Tammy
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keiki witnesses her roommate being murdered and the murder plans to come after her as well. She doesn’t trust the police as they didn’t help when her parents were killed. As the police investigate everything seems to circle back to Keiki. Detective Nolan knows Keiki is hiding something, will he discover the truth? Fast-paced read with loads of drama, lots of twists and turns and steamy chemistry. I was hooked from beginning to end and I can’t wait for more!
Barbara Tobey
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exciting page turner. There is suspense, heart-warming and heart-breaking moments, even a little humor to ease the tension. I am eager to read the next one. I look forward to getting to know all the characters even better. Thanks to the author for providing a copy for my voluntary review. Delighted to discover this new series.
Kristina Simkins
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This action-packed page turner is phenomenally written with amazing characters and a wild roller coaster ride that was highly entertaining and NEVER boring!

Highly recommend!
Donadee's Corner
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone of this genre
Recommended to Donadee's Corner by: Author
Reily Garrett – Moonlight and Murder Bk 1 – A Critical Tangent – Reviewed 12/3/19
Alone - Murder – Drones – College and no trust in the Cops makes it hard to move forward!!

In this first book of the Moonlight and Murder series, it begins with Keiki Tallerman watching her roommate being murdered on a drone that she had built. Even though she can’t identify him as he was wearing a mask, he taunts her by threatening to find her and kill her. Her world slowly falls apart.

Years before Keiki’s parents
Mary Martin
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this new book by Reily Garret. She tells a good story, and I have liked all of her books that I have read. However, I only gave it 4 stars because I didn’t really like the ending. I think it would have been better as a ‘stand alone’ book.
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Amount of sex 1 / 5
How explicit are the sex scenes 1 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

A Critical Tangent is a suspenseful story written by author Reily Garrett. It is the first book in the Moonlight and Murder series, and it’s full of action, drama, and suspense. I was quickly sucked into the storyline and read it in one day.

A Critical Tangent tells the story of Keiki, who’s best friends with Shelly and Gabby. Keiki designs drones, and while she’s flying a new prototype, she witnesses her friend’s
Katie Phillips
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first book! Such an entertaining read. How interesting that this young college student has so much going for her, despite tragedy. Very smart and very cool that she flies drones ;) Loved the doggy and I cannot wait for book two. I received this ARC for an honest review.
Jolie
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it

When I read the blurb for A Critical Tangent, my attention was caught. I have read very few books where drones have been made part of the plotline. Add in that the drones were part of a murder mystery, and I knew I needed to read the book. Add that it is romantic suspense, and I would have been a fool to turn this book down.

A Critical Tangent had a fast-moving plotline. I like the fast-moving plotline in these genres. My only fault with a fast-moving plotline is that sometimes there are
Grady
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
‘Dead girls don’t need educating’

Bicoastal author Reily Garrett has been employed as an ICU nurse, a private investigator, and in the military police – all of which supplies her with the intricate and detailed knowledge from which she forges her books. She addresses issues such as man's cruelty and ingenuity for torment and torture, having witnessed the after-effects of a teenager mugged at knife point for a pair of tennis shoes, or an elderly woman stabbed repeatedly with a screwdriver for no
Rhonda Holle
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Katherine aka Keiki is a head-strong college student who specializes is building drones for the Franklin Harock Corporation. The drones have 2-way audio and visual. Harocks daughter Shelly and Keiki look amazingly alike and now Shelly is dead. Another friend is kidnapped after a party, and a professor is killed. Is there a connection? What would that connection be? Keiki is looking for answers with the help of Detective Nolan Garnett. One is head-strong and fearless and the other is just trying ...more
Jody
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reily Garrett is one of my favorite authors and the McAlister‘s series this one of the best I’ve ever read. With that being said I’m was super excited to get a copy of Critical Tangent, the first book in her new series. Riley has a way of combining murder, intrigue, twist and turns just the right amount of romance and this one is no exception. Her writing draws you in and keeps you wanting more. Keiki is a college student who makes drones. But why are her friends ending up dead and bad men ...more
Teresa Reitnauer
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A story filled with lies, betrayals, murders, rescues, and a little attraction mixed together. Keiki Tallerman, college student, designs drones and witnessed her friends murder. Nolan Garnett, a police detective, needs solve two murders while protecting a key witness. Keiki suffers many betrayals and Nolan fights his attraction. A well-written plot that flows throughout the book, and the characters develop throughout. I recommend this story.
Joni Fenn
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really good!

I really liked this story. Keiki watched her friend's murder and then her other friend went missing. That's enough to screw anybody up, but she was determined to find the killer on her own. Thank goodness Nolan came around at the right time to help her! This story was packed with action and really a good read overall.
Jeanne Richardson
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Reily Garrett; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

Karen Hoolahan
Jan 03, 2020
Brenda F Schumacher
Jan 20, 2020

• Stolen Choices (Glacial Blood Book 6)
  • Focused
  • Getting Down to Business
  • Andorra Sector (X-Clan #1)
  • Rider (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #7)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Cherishing His Forever (Forever #3)
  • Christmas in the City
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • Wolf (Reed Security, #19)
  • The Note
  • Dangerous Game: An Armed & Dangerous/Circle of Justice Crossover Novel
  • Murmur of Love (Texas Solace #1)
  • Baby Daddy
  • Seducing Kaden (The Kennedy Boys, #6)
  • If I Return (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Hot for the Holidays: Thirteen Naughty & Nice Novellas
Though her kids are her life, writing is the life after. You know, the one you also enjoy…AFTER the kids are in bed or AFTER they’re in school and the house is quiet. This is the time she kicks back with laptop and lapdog to give her imagination free reign.
In life, hobbies can come and go according to our physical abilities, but you can always enjoy a good book. Life isn’t perfect, but our