Start by marking “On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock” as Want to Read:
On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock

On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock

(On the Trail #1)

Fantasy -

What is a journey? To some, it might involve simply travelling from place to place. But a true journey includes a search into one's own heart, to find what lies inside.

Destruction has been found close -- too close -- to the city. The city sorcerers and sorceresses consult the Great Seer, whose vision states that 'No man can defeat the warlock. But there is a One.
Published October 31st 2019 by Tellwell

To ask other readers questions about On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock

Start your review of On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock
Laura Pyka
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Not my typical choice of genre to read but I couldn't put it down. The characters and adventure kept me wanting to read more. I can't wait to read her next book! ...more
Mrs Rj
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A simpler (and shorter!) Lord of the Rings, On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock, follows a mixed band of travellers seeking to destroy the Warlock before he destroys all that they know. As the story unfolds through the eyes of Creda, a young sorceress, it is hard to put down. The author does a great job of creating characters who you connect with and find yourself willing them on in their quest.

The quest is not without danger and trials, with many twists along the way. I found myself second gu
BooksCoffee
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An unlikely band of travelers seeking to destroy a deadly Warlock sets on a dangerous quest in Armstrong-Jones’s engrossing latest fantasy.

There are concerns about an evil force on the rise, but when destruction hits next to home, Creda, a young sorceress, and Superior Veras from the Tower are assigned to consult the Witch of the Great East Wood and find a way to destroy the Warlock. The sorceresses set on a journey with a group of escorts hoping to find some answers to their questions.

The sto
Samantha
Jul 09, 2020 rated it liked it
-I received this book in a giveaway-
The first thing that struck me as a little odd in this book was the narration, the perspective would jump between characters subtly so I would often have to re-read paragraphs, much to my confusion. I definitely recommend reading the books preview to get an idea if this book is one that suits your reading style. I found this book difficult to pick up personally, but you may find the opposite.

There were a lot of characters to keep track of and there wasn't a lo
Nony
Sep 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
On The Trail of The Ruthless Warlock is a fantasy novel by the author Lynne Armstrong Jones. The story starts with sorceress Creda who had completed her studies in Tower of Giefan. When she was going to the Hidden Caves of Abufan, she planned to visit her sister Carlida. When Creda reached her sister's place, she found that her sister and the tribe is not there. Using a magical spell, she found out that the raiders had attacked and took all of the prisoners.

Creda have to reach the Tower but her
Ankita
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
𝑻𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆: On The Trail Of The Ruthless Warlock
𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓: Lynne Armstrong Jones

𝑴𝒚 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘:
I enjoy reading fantasy stories. Recently I picked "On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock", a debut novel of the author Lynne Armstrong-Jones. The protagonist of the story is a sorceress Creda. She went to meet her sister Carlida but found out that the village is attacked by the raiders and they have taken the prisoners as well with them. She went to the Tower and met four Superiors there and the great Seer. From S
Donnafaye Milton
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the elements that make fantasy both insightful and exciting run through 'On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock'. Quest fantasy is among my favorites in the genre and the strong women warriors, resourceful wielders of magic and mythical creatures kept me turning pages and staying up (too) late!
I recommend this book for the life lessons within the creative problem solving, the ‘never give up’ attitudes of the cast of interesting characters, and ultimately their dedication to justice and each ot
T.S.
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
This was an interesting fantasy book. The pacing is slow but consistent and it takes a bit to get into. The voice is a bit dry and the character development isn't very deep. More of the character development was forced due to the quest so plot-based rather than being character-based and driven by deeper emotions and core wounds. This is a quest book and it's done fairly well. The twists don't come as a complete surprise. Overall, it just didn't hit me but it wasn't too bad.   ...more
Chris devine
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I didn't think I would like this based on the generic fantasy cover, but it's actually pretty good! It took me a couple chapters to really get into it, but after that it's a pretty good adventure story. The Nico character is well written and stands out to me, he just seems the most "real" I guess. Anyway, if you like fantasy give this book a shot.

I won this from a Goodreads giveaway.
Jennifer Markham
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Overall a great fantasy read, I liked the storyline and character progression. The characters were relateable enough, I just felt there was a bit of character explosion at the beginning, I had trouble keeping track of everyone. Other than that it was a good book.
Deklyn Jessen
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story about adventure and loyalty.

Very entertaining to read, and a very well thought out story! There were a couple of sections that seemed really important to the storyline but didn’t have much detail and seemed a bit rushed. The characters in the story were very creative and described with great detail, which I enjoyed. I especially enjoyed Nico’s style and personality. I thought that the ending did not do justice for the work the sisters, and the group of characters helping them, put
Megan Armstrong-Jones
Apr 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great read! Keeps you in suspense. Hoping there will be a sequel!
Connie Lukey
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fantastical journey into an imaginative world.

Satisfying and hard to put down.
Erin Hatt
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A well-written fantasy journey that left me craving another book in the series. I have to admit that it's been a few books since I read this and I don't remember specifics. That will teach me to write reviews right after I finish reading the book!

I received this book in a giveaway, but that in no way influences this review.
Rachelle

• Snapshots
  • Percivious Insomnia
  • Barry Bear's Very Best: Learning to Say No to Negative Influences

On the Trail (2 books)
  • On the Trail of the Wind's Tears: a sequel to On the Trail of the Ruthless Warlock

News & Interviews