Start by marking “The Stone Song” as Want to Read:
The Stone Song

The Stone Song

On a sweltering summer’s night, teenage siblings Jack and Lily witness a helicopter crash on the main road between Brighton and London. The next morning they wake to find their village has been sealed off from the entire world. A terrorist cell is holed up in Stenhurst - or at least that’s the official story, put out by sinister government agent Wynter and his vicious side ...more
Audiobook
Published November 7th 2019 by Audible Studios

To ask other readers questions about The Stone Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stone Song

Start your review of The Stone Song
Meggy Chocolate'n'Waffles
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tom Bale is famous for his intense thrillers. I have most of them on my TBR, but you know what it is like… When I first heard of The Stone Song, I was curious. I love it when authors venture into different genres and prove us their talent has many faces. When Tom asked me if I wanted to listen to his newest book, I didn’t hesitate. Call it instinct? I don’t know what it was, but I was on the lookout for my next audiobook, hoping for something different and captivating. Well, I found it.

Two sib
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
3.5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I’m a huge fan of Tom Bale’s thrillers, so I was delighted to see he had a new book coming out!

I really enjoyed The Stone Song. It’s got a lot going on, but it’s quite easy to follow. Lily and Jack essentially see something they shouldn’t one summer night, and what follows a game of cat and mouse between these kids and the authorities who have decided to seal off their sleepy village from the rest of the world.

The characters in this book are well-drawn, and I found myself rooting for
Gordon Mcghie
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
First review of 2020 and I get to chat about the audiobook which kept me company through what was a challenging festive period. Apologies to Tom Bale for taking slightly longer than anticipated to listen to this Audible Exclusive story – I had to take a few unexpected breaks from bookish things.

Now the New Year is in full flow and I am able to give my focus back on the stories (a very welcome treat) and I can share my thoughts on this delicious science fiction thriller. Delicious? A strange choi
Trever
Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
So, you want Stranger Things in an English village? Ya got Stranger Things in an English village. Which is not to say that this is bad, because I enjoyed it right through, but it's pretty straightforward and derivative. Young, bicycling teens = Misunderstood but good, Weirdo alien = Misunderstood but good, Adults = Clueless, British military = Bad, American military = Full-on Chaotic Evil, just like every other representation of same on the BBC.

An alien weirdo thing escapes transport and hides
Squeak
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! This was the first Tom Bale book I read and when I finished I went and looked to see if there was a second book in this series. Although the book was a complete story (No Cliffhangers), the author did leave an opening for another book. When (and if) another in this series comes out, I will definitely get it!

I listened to the audio version of this book and the narrator did a great job with different voices for the cast of characters.

Thanks for writing a great story!
Jessica Green
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant thriller that I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a book that I couldn’t wait to listen to more. Trying to sneak in as much time as I could reading/listening to it. I found myself transported to Stenhurst and following the kids as they try and help CatX and I really hated the “baddies’ - they were so well written.

The narration from Raza Jaffrey was perfect for this. I can see this being a really good TV show or film. It’s written perfectly for film.

My first time coming across Tom Bale and
Sharon Evans
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was curious about the premise of this book for a while before reading it. It had major echoes of "Five Children and It" for me. Some of the violence felt a bit overblown. The tendency towards violence of one character in particular felt jarring but I see it was necessary to add the tension, I think that aspect could have been explained better. What makes him be like that?

I loved the cat-x and her new friends by the end and it was certainly very interesting to read a book set in my local area.
Ghengis
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-up
This book was pushed hard by audible so I thought I would give it a try. I got bored and gave up very quickly. Audible suggests it is for fans of Stephen King and Stranger Things: sorry but it doesn't even come close. It really should be marketed as YA fiction. ...more
Finfeature
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Modernised E.T. meets Stranger Things. Excellent, but not entirely original, can't wait for the sequel. ...more
Ben Ellison
Emily
Feb 02, 2020

• Three Things About Elsie
  • Year of Wonders
  • The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Outland
  • Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Unzipped (Lucky in Love #4)
  • Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7)
  • The Plan Commences (The Rising #2)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #2)
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
Tom Bale is the author of nine thrillers, published between 2006 and 2018.