Start by marking “Roughing (Ottawa Titans Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Roughing (Ottawa Titans Book 1)

Roughing (Ottawa Titans Book 1)

He’s the hotter than sin bad boy of hockey, on and off the ice, but right now Sam Stone is in trouble so deep, it’ll take a miracle to save his career.

A miracle like getting town sweetheart, and everybody’s go-to girl, Elizabeth Rogers to help him polish his tarnished reputation.

Problem is, Elizabeth and Sam grew up together, and she’s not even a little impressed by
Published January 14th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Roughing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roughing

Start your review of Roughing (Ottawa Titans Book 1)
T.M. Cromer
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The dynamic between Sam and Lizzie is fantastic. The enemies-to-lovers storyline never gets old when packed with such delightful humor as Sarah Hegger displays in this book. Sam is the guy you love to hate, then just absolutely love. Lizzie is the pushover who discovers she has backbone after all. It's a fun, flirty read with great emotional depth. I highly recommend this book.
Jessica Alcazar
I hit the jackpot with this new-to-me author!

Okay, so Sam and Elizabeth have been rivals since they were kids. They have history. So of course, we have shenanigans! And oh what fun these two were! Their dynamics between them was spirited, passionate, fiery and so full of spark I could have read them forever. The story was fun and they were fabulous! They both grew from the beginning of the storyline to the end, in their own way, with each other’s guidance and ultimate friendship.

I am very
dlfuller54
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I knew hockey terms so I could say something clever but I don't so just let me say I loved this story and everything about it. There are so many emotions running through me as I just read the last page. Sarah Hegger has the uncanny ability to flesh out her characters to make them living, breathing people we all know. She works out the difficulty of relationships she writes about to make them believable and with emotions we can actually feel deep down. I repeat I love this story and will ...more
Anna M. Sharpe
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ottawa Titans star Sam Stone and office manager Elizabeth Rogers go way back, their mothers are best friends, and sparks fly, not in a good way, when they're together. Unfortunately, Sam's hockey career is looking iffy because of his suspension for antics on the ice. Elizabeth agrees to help Sam polish his image by having him donate his time and money to several community service projects. Meanwhile, Sam decides Elizabeth needs to start living a better life, and he's just the man to guide her.
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
To say that Sam and Elizabeth dislike each other is like saying that the sky is purple. These two have known each other since they were really young and have always rubbed each other the wrong way, Sam hated how Elizabeth always had to be right and was a goody two shoes and Elizabeth hated how Sam had everything easy. When circumstances bring them back together, will they discover it can be more?

People are not always what they seem like and there are layers for both of them, best part of the
Whitney
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing twist on childhood enemies to friends to lovers. The relationship between hockey star Sam Stone and family friend Elizabeth Rogers is so complex and fascinating. Watching the two reconcile who they were as children to who they can be to each other as adults was a wild roller coaster. All the characters felt so relatable; which allowed me to really immerse myself in the storyline and feel like I was apart of the cast. Plus there are hockey hotties, which is never a bad thing. ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
"I try to get my hands on any and all sports romance novels especially if they are about hockey.
Add in that this is an enemies to lovers book and I knew ai needed to read this book.
I am certain this is my first book by Sarah Hegger and after finishing Roughing I know I will be reading more. I just don’t know who I am hoping more that the next book will feature - Craig or Guy?
But I really did enjoy reading bad boy Sam coming into his own and finally admitting the feelings that were always there
Delores Fisher
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! The enemies to lovers story of Lizzie and Sam was awesome! Sarah did a masterful job of writing this story. I follow some hockey and found all the references easy to follow and understand! Sarah is a true storyteller! Love her books! It would be awesome to have a sequel but if not that’s ok!
Wendy Livingstone
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st in a new series and is Elizabeth and Sam’s story. This is a well written story which this talented author had done an amazing job in penning such an emotional and in-depth plot and characters. This story is an enemies/ lovers’ story which is fun, entertaining and humorous read. I was totally hooked throughout this addictive page turner and I highly recommend for all readers.
Sharon Bliss
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My oh my!!! There is just something about Hockey players that gets me...and Sam Stone is hot hot hot!!! I can't wait to read more books in this series! Sarah always makes those secondary characters stand out too! Sam and Lizzie are magic! This book sucked me in and spit me back out. All the feels!
Mhairi
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down and only did so when I absolutely had too. (You know life and all lol) I absolutely adore Sam and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Sarah's characters are so life like they leap off the page. You will laugh with them, cry with them, cheer them on, and you also may want to smack Sam upside the head once or twice. I absolutely love Sarah's books and highly recommend Roughing and I cannot wait until book two.
JoAnna G
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great 4 star read

What a great way to start the series. I loved the dynamic between these two. This is not the first time I have read Sarah. I liked her books before and this one is no different. I loved the ebb and flow. This was just like a hat trick. The book is engaging and the people are great. I love the premise of enemies to lovers, but not completely enemies.

Sam and Elizabeth (Lizzie) go way back. I mean so far back one wasn’t even born yet and one was in diapers since their moms are
BookAddict
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hey sports romance lovers, I know there are a lot of hockey fans in the contemporary romance world, and you are going to love this book. With an orderly, people-pleaser heroine and a hockey star with too much charm for his own good but a big, soft heart to balance it out, there's just enough action on (and off) the ice to keep you glued to the page.

Sam and Elizabeth basically grew up together, and the last thing Elizabeth would call them is friends. Sam lost that title when he used her beloved
World Of Books 65
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Hegger has another hit series on her hands if Roughing is anything to go by. This isn't an enemy's to lovers story it isn't a 2nd chance romance its about two people who have know each other since diapers and have always rubbed each other the wrong way even before they could talk!

I loved the banter between Lizzie and Sam and I laughed out loud with some of the one liners in this book. I loved Lizzie she spends her time doing everything for everyone and never seems to be able to say no when
Lisa
Rating: 4.5*

Enemies to lovers - pretend lovers - sports romance all bundled into one. This brought has brought some of my favourite elements together into one book.

Sam Stone is home with his tail between his legs after risking his hockey playing career on a bad play. He is sidelined from the sport he loves and may never get a chance to play again. His mother sends Elizabeth to check up on him. Elizabeth has always kind of hated Sam. He wrecked her pink playhouse and her dad was more interested
KL Cassanello
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Elizabeth have known each other their whole lives - their mothers are best friends. They can't stand each other. The moms are in Europe on vacation together when Sam, a hockey star, is suspended for 20 games for an illegal hit. His mom can't get in touch with him to find out how he's doing, so her mom sends her to check up on him. A chance outing together, a picture posted on social media, and he's suddenly popular again. He convinces Lizzie to spend time with him, and she convinces him ...more
Booknerdy77
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Debbie Orazi
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic enemies to lovers sports romantic comedy! The storyline and subplots were well developed and had all the feels ( warning: you will need tissue). The characters were complex, relatable and showed significant growth throughout the book. The secondary characters were engaging and I look forward to reading their stories in the rest of this series.

Elizabeth/Lizzie Rogers and Sam Stone have been pushed together since babyhood by their Mothers who are best friends. Lizzie was
Judith
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Sweet romance between assumed frenemies. This was a very enjoyable romantic tale of feisty Elisabeth and the hunky ice hockey player, Sam. They practically grew up together and become frenemies, more enemies than friends actually, but since their mothers are best of friends they could never really avoid each other. Hard realities of fame create an arrogance that Sam pays dearly for and against her better judgement, Elisabeth, everyone's helping angel, steps reluctantly up to the plate to improve ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sam Stone is the Ottawa Titans star who is about to destroy his career with his antics, on & off the ice, so he needs his image polished by a good girl. This is when Elizabeth Rogers is called in, and frankly, she isn't having any of it. See, she's known Sam since they were small as their mother's were best friends, and they haven't ever gotten along. Not to mention, she's a good girl, and Sam is still a bad boy. She agrees to help the image by getting Sam to donate money & time to ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

Roughing is an enemy to lovers hockey romance and one that I over all enjoyed. I love these types of books, so I was excited to start Roughing. I was pulled into the story quickly and it did not lose my attention throughout, which is something that some books I have read recently haven’t been able to do. Roughing had laugh out loud moments, the sexiness that I craved as well as some emotional family moments, I
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary ARC - early release copy of this book in Kindle format from the author for review purposes.

This is the first time I have read this author and I LOVED it. Every character and every second of this story was so much fun. Its a Friends from the cradle or enemies who end up years later all grown up falling for each other.

Sam and Lizzie's moms are best friend but they HATE each other and I mean HATE. But Sam is in big trouble and the thing he has always loved is Hockey and
Jill Kerich
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to what I hope is a series about the Ottawa hockey team. Sam Stone lays a vicious hit on another player and finds himself suspended from the league and holes himself up at his mother’s home to drink his worries away. His mother is traveling Europe with her best girlfriend, who happens to be Elizabeth’s mother. Sam and Elizabeth grew up together and it’s safe to say they were ever good friends. When the mothers ask Elizabeth to check in in Sam, it starts his journey back to ...more
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Be still my beating heart, Sarah Hegger, I love this series! “Roughing” Book 1 of the Ottawa Titans Series, is a deliciously witty, sexy, well written hockey romance. It is a romance lovers dream. Where do I even begin. The characters are well rounded, funny and real. You can relate to them on a cellular level, they’re that good. Elizabeth and Sam are childhood frenemies. Their mother’s are best friends and they are not. It’s a beautiful love to hate relationship, except it’s really not. Sam has ...more
Diane McConnell
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Childhood frenemies falling love!

Hockey player Sam Stone is in trouble, he’s been suspended by the league and his team wants him to straighten up but Sam doesn’t know anything other than hockey so he drowned his sorrows at his mom’s house while she’s in Europe on vacation. The only person that can get him out of his funk is Elizabeth (Lizzy) Rogers who is his childhood nemesis and the girl next door. But when Lizzy dragged him out of the house with a little help, he found out that he liked it
Sharon
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author butI love hockey romance so I was all in. What an awesome hockey romance with a frenemies to lovers.
Sam is in trouble with his new team and needs a polished redemption. Enter go to good girl Elizabeth. Sam figures she is a surefire way to being back in everyone’s good graces.
Problem is that Elizabeth has known Sam since they were kids and she is not a fan.
She is also a girl that can’t say no but uses the situation to help causes that are near and dear to her heart.
As
Kari Hansen
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is no doubting the skill and love that Sam has for the game of hockey but he has a reputation at times for taking it too far. He now finds himself suspended and in danger of losing the career he loves so desperate times call for desperate measures.

Elizabeth is the person that everyone depends on and she will do anything for anyone. When Sam asks her for a favor she would like to tell her childhood nemesis no but she could never turn her back on someone needing help.

Sam and Elizabeth couldn
Sharon Jones
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hockey a rough, exciting and sexy sport. Rough being the key word and Sam, Sam loves that part until he gets suspended. Lizzie loves to hate on Sam, he pulled her fathers affection and attention from her, now she has to help him and hope that her anger overrides her attraction.
Sam loves to hate on Lizzie, just like the little boys that pulled the girls hair to get her attention. Sam riles her up to get her attention, falling for her was the easy part, the hard part is keeping her.
Their romance
Night Owl Book Blog
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This enemies to lovers tale is an absolute gem. Lizzie has hated Sam as long as she has known him. There was definitely no love lost between the two of them. Lizzie has spent her life putting everyone first and building her life around that... settling for whatever she got really. A forced meeting with Sam who is now a down on his luck hockey star stirs something between them and Lizzie starts to question her choices in life.
Sarah Hegger has written a wonderful book that is full of feeling and

• Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • Almost Perfect
  • The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Focused
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Saving Sara (Alaska Blizzard Book 5)
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Biker Beauties Volume 1
  • Syler McKnight
  • Treacherous
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers, #1)
  • Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy, #1)
  • Bourbon Love Notes (The Barrel House Series, #1)
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • Breakout (Gold Hockey, #6)
  • The Best Chance
Born British and raised in South Africa, Sarah Hegger suffers from an incurable case of wanderlust. Her match? A hot Canadian engineer, whose marriage proposal she accepted six short weeks after they first met. Together they’ve made homes in seven different cities across three different continents (and back again once or twice). If only it made her multilingual, but the best she can manage is ...more