Start by marking “Sven the Collector (Dokiri Brides, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Sven the Collector (Dokiri Brides, #0.5)

Sven the Collector

(Dokiri Brides #0.5)

If they don’t kill each other, the forest will.

Willful and daring, Lady Colette dreams of finding true love with a man who can handle her wild nature without dominating her. Those dreams come crashing down when her doting father decides it’s high time she settle down and marry a weakling lord who could never inspire her passion. While enjoying her final hunt as a free woma
Published November 27th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Sven the Collector, please sign up.

Start your review of Sven the Collector (Dokiri Brides, #0.5)
booksNpenguins
"My name is Sven the Collector."
"Collector of what? Women mending their own business?"
He grinned, flashing straight white teeth.
"Among other things."

Okay, friends, here's the thing.

Imagine being gifted a bag of cookies.
Imagine knowing nothing about these cookies except that they look and smell extremely delicious.
Imagine taking a first bite and finding out it doesn't only look and smell delicious, it also tastes good.
Imagine that this first bite tastes good enough that you end up taking
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Really liked it!!

The chemistry between Sven and Colette was amazing!! You could feel their attraction almost from the start. Although Colette at times got on my nerves I admired her bravery and strength. Sven is so sexy and although he’s an alpha he’s sweet and caring too.

I highly recommend this book if you like Fantasy Romance. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

arc
Katherine
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Needed some romance in my lineup and this delivered. 💗 The amazing banter between Sven and Colette is 😚!

4 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 4 stars <3

It was great, interesting story! It was fast paced and I loved the banter between the characters!It has action and I loved the premise of this one.Even though it's a novella the characters were well developed!

description

The heroine was fantastic, she was sassy,strong and fierce.Sven was sexy and smart.Together were great.There was tension between them and intensity!

I can't wait to read more from this author!

Stacie
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, novella
5 "The Death of Me" Stars!

So, so, so good! Fantastic prequel to what is sure to be a fantastic series. Full of action and perilous adventure, with just a bare hint of heat, I thoroughly enjoyed Sven's and Colette's meeting and claiming. I already read Hollen the Soulless and I cannot wait for more. Bring on the battle of wills that the Dokiri Brides series is sure to be! Happy reading!

Find this story here for free! https://storyoriginapp.com/giveaways/...
Baileys Book Babble
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YAS!!! This is just what I needed to break me out of my current reading slump. It was a quick read but was full of everything I love, funny characters, strong female lead, amazing banter and serious chemistry. Can’t wait for the next one 🙃
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if a rugged but incontestably handsome rascal were to suddenly throw you over a shoulder and tell you he wants you for his bride so he's carrying you to his cave?
I personally would tell him to: 'Buzz off Buster!' then try to taekwondo the shite out of him. Regardless of how deliciously hot all those muscles of his are and how undeniably sexy the guy is.

But whatever I'd try to dish him is a piece of cake compared to what Lady Colette did in this particular predicament.
Wilful an
Betül
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Free copy provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

There are some (sub)genres I can't resist reading and the fantasy romance where the hero is a savage/barbarian is high on that list. The thing that convinced me to read this book was that the heroine Colette was fierce and stood up for herself. She definitely made things difficult for Sven, she made him regret that he kidnapped her in the beginning. The banter was great between them, I also really enjoyed seeing them fall for each other. Col
Laura Elizabeth
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Great story. Loved their journey through the forest and them falling in love along the way. Reminded me of the Princess Bride and the fire swamp 🥰
Andreajanel_reads
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book by my friend Bailey - and she has excellent taste. The last 3 romances I've read have been sub par, and I really needed something sweet and snarky to banish my apathy.

Sven gave me Khal Drogo and Griffin Beta Fisa (Amanda Bouchet's Kingmaker Chronicles) vibes... and those two characters are my holy manna of hotness.

I loved the sinister setting and the vividly imagined cast of sinuous monsters that lurked in the forest.

This book was the perfect evening escape. I loved the
Izzie d
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. Seriously one of the best books I read in a while.
Really liked both Hero and heroine.
Seems to be a new author.
Sort of fantasy.
Strong heroine.
Interesting world building.

At the time of writing this review I was able to receive this book free from the author's website.

The premise of the story requires the Hero to steal a bride.
The Hero in this book thinks he will just steal a woman and then get on with his real purpose which is to become chief.
The heroine has several older br
Luna Lovesbooks
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will read as many of these as Denali Day can write! Characters, dialogue and fantasy world just the way I like them.
Full review to come 🙂
Kenny Danewitz raveh
Nice but very short, you don’t get to blink and hate turns into love. I love forest stories and this one had a great potential but was way too short to achieve it.
Jacie Lennon
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella and I can't wait to read more by Denali Day. Her way with words kept me intrigued and flipping pages to see what happens next.

Though it was novella length, this story is packed full of adventure and action, enough to have you cheering them on one page and laughing at their banter the next.

I can't wait to read the next story, Hollen the Soulless. You will meet that character in Sven's story...but I don't want to give anything away!

Overall, I really loved reading Sv
Isla Cristeon
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars

Writing 5 Stars - Whoa ... Where did Denali Day come from?? Historical fiction | fantasy | magical realism folks rejoice, because have I got a fresh, new author for y’all to stalk. This woman must have been hiding away somewhere, quietly perfecting her craft, because she has busted onto the scene with a near perfect debut. Did I mention you can get it for free? Hmm ..

... a blast of wind bent her shoulders downward toward the brittle grass. Though the sun had been hidi
Sonia De Leon
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come! SUCH an amazing debut 👌 by an incredibly talented author.
Hollee Mands
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
This has been such a delectable read! Sven the Collector was filled with hold-your-breath moments, feel-good chuckles and a few toe-curling pages.
Also features everything I could wish for in a novella:
Instalove-NOT? Check.
Sizzling chemistry? Check.
Witty banter? Check.
Fast-moving plot? Check.
A dark, fantasy world with a touch of eerie? Check.
Immersive writing? Check.
A strong-willed heroine with a smart mouth to boot? Check.
A sexy hero who isn't just there to flex his biceps and save the day? Che
Deb O
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book that I really enjoyed. The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters and watching them grow together, they were well written and went well together. I found this book amazing with great word building making me feel apart of the story and watching it unfold in front of me. A definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more from this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am v
Kristin (piecesofourlife)
Oct 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hollen the Soulless had mentioned several things about his parents in his story, so it was amazing to get a novella with all of their little twists and turns! If you think Joselyn was stubborn, Hollen’s mother, Colette is on a whole other level! She’s a spit fire, copper haired, maiden that can throw punches, use a bow, smoke a pipe, and slice and dice her way into Sven’s heart. I loved her! She’s the kind of lady I love to read about! Definitely not a damsel in distress. Sven is similar to his ...more
Lail
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sven the Collector: A Fantasy Romance (Dokiri Brides) by Denali Day
Wonderful writing and character development. I absolutely loved the witty banter dialogue! Made me laugh out loud! The storyline was engaging and well thought out with entertaining characters and creatures who find adventure, danger, survival, and under it all, an undeniable love. This is a novella, but I really would have like to see it a full length novel. I believe this is this author’s first book. I look forward to reading mo
Mary
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very intriguing story that I could not put down. I love the characters and the banter. It's a creative work of fiction wtih and good plot. ...more
Edwina Brown
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sven and Colette. He is a warrior and called the collector. She a rebellious lady who despises weak men. She is betrothed to a mu man she despises. On a hunt with her father and brothers she rides into the twist. A forbidden Forrest that is very dangerous. Sven captures her and the adventure begins. Fast moving action and romance. Enjoyed the story a lot.
Neyjour
What a fantastic debut! I loved every second of it, and my only complaint is that it was too short... I wanted more!

Wonderful writing-style and storytelling. Wonderful characters and relationship development. Wonderful dialogue and banter between the two of them. And damn... that spooky forest setting was awesome! I loved how the writing evoked such a vivid image and atmosphere. And I actually broke out in goosebumps when (view spoiler). I instantl
Justena White
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this Novella! The characters, are interesting and deep and I find myself rooting for them from ch 1! The setting, the plot, the suspense and romance is spot on💕 I couldn't put the story down!
Denali is a phenomenal writer and artist with her story telling. She's created a unique and engaging world that I can't wait to delve into more.
Danyel
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Denali Day for sending me a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review!

This was my first peek into the world of the Dokiri and I am so ready to go move there. I was hooked by the second chapter, which is good since this is just a Novella 😂 but Sven, oh Sven. Where do I get me one of those?! His bluntness and wit were amazing and I never knew I wanted to be a stolen bride before. I didn’t even know I liked this trope. But here I am wishing I was Colette.

Colette was headstrong
Alexandra
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found in *Milky Way of Books*

I have to admire a heroine who not only doesn't lose her wits completely after being taken by a dragon rider, but she also poisons him and ties him up! This was an enjoyable read with Colette as a strong heroine (albeit sometimes annoying) and Sven who though he could claim his 'bride' and instead got her.

The chemistry worked well between them and by the end of the book I was enj
Alex (AlexInariBooks)
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Book: Sven the Collector (Denali Day)⁣
Rating: 5⭐️⁣⁣

Summary: The fierce Lady Colette is doomed to marry a weakling lord who could never satisfy her. Sven the Collector, a wyvern riding beast of a man, is to find a wife. And when their paths meet in one of the most dangerous places in the world - well, let’s just say there are worse enemies to be reckoned with than the lethal beasts in the deadly forest around them...⁣

Favourite character: Sven and his axe (levelling out my breath, the struggle i
Zero
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
The ebook for Sven the Collector is free if you sign up for the author's newsletter on her website.

This is a very cute novella and it was fun to read. It's a prequel and it focuses on the 2 main characters and their immediate location, without going into too much detail about things outside the scope of the story. The world seems interesting and I'm excited to learn more about it in the next book.

The main characters are great. Colette tends to act before she thinks, which is annoying, but she's
Sylvette
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a very nice short intro Dokiri series. I always love female lead that show strength and don't have to be weakened or be made more palpable to be with her man. She met her match and didn't have to settle for less than her equal. He fought her and for her then finally won her over. ...more
Lana
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He was a barbarian, a dokiri barbarian from the mountains, across the forest and he'd set his eyes on his bride. Colette, was a Lord's daughter, doted upon and humoured, wilful and headstrong and a good huntress. She was not used to being prey, so when Sven's wyvern kidnapped her and flew across the sky with her in his talons, she retaliated. Dokiri men were used to getting their way but poor Sven had no idea who he was taking on. Colette had never submitted to anyone and she fought him like a w ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Solace of Sharp Claws (Fae Guardians #2)
  • The Longing of Lone Wolves (Fae Guardians #1)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)
  • Christmas Getaway for Two: A Christmas in Arbor Shores Novella
  • The Alien Reindeer's Christmas Miracle (A Winter Starr, #12)
  • Forbidden Series Bundle: Books #1-6
  • Forbidden Series: Volume One (Forbidden #1-3)
  • Renegade (The Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Enchanted: Council of Seven Shifter Romance Collection
  • Saving Emily: A Fighter's Curvy Prize
  • Enthralled Wolf (Wolf Shifters of Ember Abyss, #2)
  • My Gingerbread Man (Man Card #13)
  • Fractured Flame (Firebird Uncaged, #1)
  • Null Witch (Secondhand Magic #1)
  • Heat of the Night
  • Christmas on Hope Street: A Sweet Romance Anthology
  • Christmas Under the Tuscan Stars
When Denali Day was trying to figure out “what to be when she grew up” she noticed all her written stories featured a scene where the beautiful heroine patched up the wounds of a gallant hero. So she decided to become a nurse. Twelve years and two degrees later, she realized all she ever really wanted was to be a writer.

Now she lives in the midwest with her adoring husband, a real life gallant he

Dokiri Brides (1 books)
  • Hollen the Soulless (Dokiri Brides, #1)

News & Interviews