Start by marking “Sven the Collector” as Want to Read:
Sven the Collector

Sven the Collector

If they don’t kill each other, the forest will.

Willful and daring, Lady Colette dreams of finding true love with a man who can handle her wild nature without dominating her. Those dreams come crashing down when her doting father decides it’s high time she settle down and marry a weakling lord who could never inspire her passion. While enjoying her final hunt as a free
ebook, 1, 102 pages
Published November 27th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Sven the Collector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sven the Collector

Start your review of Sven the Collector
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Really liked it!!

The chemistry between Sven and Colette was amazing!! You could feel their attraction almost from the start. Although Colette at times got on my nerves I admired her bravery and strength. Sven is so sexy and although he’s an alpha he’s sweet and caring too.

I highly recommend this book if you like Fantasy Romance. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

arc
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
<3 4 stars <3

It was great, interesting story! It was fast paced and I loved the banter between the characters!It has action and I loved the premise of this one.Even though it's a novella the characters were well developed!

description

The heroine was fantastic, she was sassy,strong and fierce.Sven was sexy and smart.Together were great.There was tension between them and intensity!

I can't wait to read more from this author!

Betül
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Free copy provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

There are some (sub)genres I can't resist reading and the fantasy romance where the hero is a savage/barbarian is high on that list. The thing that convinced me to read this book was that the heroine Colette was fierce and stood up for herself. She definitely made things difficult for Sven, she made him regret that he kidnapped her in the beginning. The banter was great between them, I also really enjoyed seeing them fall for each other.
Baileys Book Babble
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YAS!!! This is just what I needed to break me out of my current reading slump. It was a quick read but was full of everything I love, funny characters, strong female lead, amazing banter and serious chemistry. Can’t wait for the next one ...more
Luna Lovesbooks
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will read as many of these as Denali Day can write! Characters, dialogue and fantasy world just the way I like them.
Full review to come
Jacie Lennon
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella and I can't wait to read more by Denali Day. Her way with words kept me intrigued and flipping pages to see what happens next.

Though it was novella length, this story is packed full of adventure and action, enough to have you cheering them on one page and laughing at their banter the next.

I can't wait to read the next story, Hollen the Soulless. You will meet that character in Sven's story...but I don't want to give anything away!

Overall, I really loved reading
Sonia De Leon
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come! SUCH an amazing debut by an incredibly talented author. ...more
Isla Cristeon
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect 5 Stars

Writing 5 Stars - Whoa ... Where did Denali Day come from?? Historical fiction | fantasy | magical realism folks rejoice, because have I got a fresh, new author for y’all to stalk. This woman must have been hiding away somewhere, quietly perfecting her craft, because she has busted onto the scene with a near perfect debut. Did I mention you can get it for free? Hmm ..

... a blast of wind bent her shoulders downward toward the brittle grass. Though the sun had been hiding behind
Deb O
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book that I really enjoyed. The story and characters grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading. I loved the characters and watching them grow together, they were well written and went well together. I found this book amazing with great word building making me feel apart of the story and watching it unfold in front of me. A definite must read for any fan and I can't wait to read more from this author!!!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Lail
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sven the Collector: A Fantasy Romance (Dokiri Brides) by Denali Day
Wonderful writing and character development. I absolutely loved the witty banter dialogue! Made me laugh out loud! The storyline was engaging and well thought out with entertaining characters and creatures who find adventure, danger, survival, and under it all, an undeniable love. This is a novella, but I really would have like to see it a full length novel. I believe this is this author’s first book. I look forward to reading
Kenny Danewitz raveh
Nice but very short, you don’t get to blink and hate turns into love. I love forest stories and this one had a great potential but was way too short to achieve it.
Mary
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very intriguing story that I could not put down. I love the characters and the banter. It's a creative work of fiction wtih and good plot.
Justena White
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this Novella! The characters, are interesting and deep and I find myself rooting for them from ch 1! The setting, the plot, the suspense and romance is spot on I couldn't put the story down!
Denali is a phenomenal writer and artist with her story telling. She's created a unique and engaging world that I can't wait to delve into more.
Hollee Mands
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-romance
This has been such a delectable read! Sven the Collector was filled with hold-your-breath moments, feel-good chuckles and a few toe-curling pages.
Also features everything I could wish for in a novella:
Instalove-NOT? Check.
Sizzling chemistry? Check.
Witty banter? Check.
Fast-moving plot? Check.
A dark, fantasy world with a touch of eerie? Check.
Immersive writing? Check.
A strong-willed heroine with a smart mouth to boot? Check.
A sexy hero who isn't just there to flex his biceps and save the day?
4katydid
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good story with a new culture I will keep following. Colette is the unusual daughter of a lord. She loved hunting with her 5 brothers and other manly pursuits which doesn't fit in her culture. She follows prey she is hunting into the Twist (the forbidden forest) where monsters reside. Sven has been watching Colette for a few weeks waiting to capture her and make her his bride which is part of his culture.

Things don't go as he plans and he finds out Colette is strong willed and
Barbara
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A New Author to me and it looks like this is her debut book. I know I want to read her next book, a well written story that I was not putting down until I finished reading. Lady Colette and Wyvern-rider Sven's story, had me laughing from the start, she could not stay out of trouble if she tried hard to do so. Their first meeting and she stabbed him and the wound put him to sleep and then she realized she needed him to keep her safe. I think I have just found another Author I will be reading when ...more
Holly
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was good. It was short and sweet and a one-sit read. Sven and Colette are both warriors in their own right and know what they want. I liked Colette's attitude and her stance. Sven is a tough guy, following the ways his people in the process he gets more than he bargain for. After just finishing "The Witcher", this is what I am picturing, a dark long-haired Henry Cavill with a beard, fight some
Terry garcia
Jan 02, 2020 added it
Shelves: done
I love the leading lady. I love strong women characters. Sven is interesting in the way that every day people don.t know that his kind exist just beyond their lands and are protecting them. The action is great and revealing as to Sven and his people are and what they do. I hope to read the next and more from this author,

Urszula
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written fantasy reality plus romance. A strong independent woman and even stronger man. Both set in having their own way. Who will win in the power struggle? Who would submit? And really good reality full of monsters and action. Really good read.

Liz
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lady Colette is wild and is determined not to be tamed by any man who can not love her completely. Sven is determined to to capture the beautiful huntress and make her his bride. Stranded in the most dangerous place there is they are being hunted. If the forest does not kill them then they might kill each other. This is a great story can not wait for more from this author.

Alexandra
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review can also be found in *Milky Way of Books*

I have to admire a heroine who not only doesn't lose her wits completely after being taken by a dragon rider, but she also poisons him and ties him up! This was an enjoyable read with Colette as a strong heroine (albeit sometimes annoying) and Sven who though he could claim his 'bride' and instead got her.

The chemistry worked well between them and by the end of the book I was
Lori
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a good book. I was hooked from the first page of Sven the Collector. I liked the storyline and enjoyed the book. Such an interesting idea.

Janelle Chapman
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore Colette! Denali Day is an author to watch!
Dawn Milligan
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read! I really enjoyed the story and it's a first for me by Denali and I enjoyed her style will for sure check out more works from her!
cassie
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
was a good book to read
Elizabeth Carleton
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good story with excellent writing and great verbal jousting in a fantasy setting. Anticipating the next book.
Elizabeth McDaniel
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Colette flees from her father after he tell her sh is to be married. She chases a fox into a forbidden forest. Sven has been watching Colette and he and his wyvern take her. But she retaliates. The journey that Sven and Colette take through to get through the dangerous forest only brings them to their final HEA. Exciting and interesting story

Lynda
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kait Rogers
Jan 13, 2020
Marg
Jan 19, 2020

• Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Eat You Up (A Shifter's Claim, #2)
  • Stone Cold (Gods & Monsters, #1)
  • Gilded Rose (Celestials #1)
  • Warrior's Wrath (The Pict Wars, #3)
  • Alien Mate
  • Rise Of The Alphas; Collection (Rise Of The Alphas, #1 To #11)
  • Christmas Getaway for Two: A Christmas in Arbor Shores Novella
  • The Alien Reindeer's Christmas Miracle (A Winter Starr Book 12)
  • Enthralled Wolf (Wolf Shifters of Ember Abyss, #2)
  • Forbidden Series Bundle: Books #1-6
  • Forbidden Series: Volume One (Forbidden #1-3)
  • Renegade (The Mercenaries #1)
  • Fractured Flame (Firebird Uncaged Book 1)
  • Saving Emily: A Fighter's Curvy Prize
  • My Gingerbread Man (Man Card #13)
  • An Alien For Christmas (Zerconian Warriors #16)
When Denali Day was trying to figure out “what to be when she grew up” she noticed all her written stories featured a scene where the beautiful heroine patched up the wounds of a gallant hero. So she decided to become a nurse. Twelve years and two degrees later, she realized all she ever really wanted was to be a writer.

Now she lives in the midwest with her adoring husband, a real life gallant