Start by marking “Peter Cratchit's Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
Peter Cratchit's Christmas Carol

Peter Cratchit's Christmas Carol

Peter Cratchit, a young lad preparing to make his way in the world, is the eldest son of Scrooge’s lowly clerk Bob Cratchit. Peter flourishes under the tutelage of his “Uncle” Scrooge and seeks to make his mark as a man of business, like his uncle before him.

One Christmas Eve, as Scrooge lays dying, Peter embarks on a risky ocean voyage that he believes will secure the
ebook
Published November 18th 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Peter Cratchit's Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peter Cratchit's Christmas Carol

Start your review of Peter Cratchit's Christmas Carol
Kazza
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Nice storytelling from the author. It imparts a good sense of time and place. The period world building is strong with good character development in a 36,000 word novella.

It has a gritty feel that's in keeping with the period and the subject.

description

Gay fiction/romance. The publisher have a couple of warning tags that are worth heeding.

Slightly longer written review (with podcast) at-
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
CrabbyPatty
People the world over love Dicken's A Christmas Carol .... I, however, am not one of them. So I'm always pleasantly surprised when a story based on the classic tale of forgiveness and choices captures and holds my (limited) attention. Frayne takes the familiar structure of the story - the three ghosts and the offer of redemption and transformation - and beautifully tailors them for this tale of a young man's missteps and his second chance.

Peter learns business at the knee of his beloved Uncle
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Tiny Tim’s big brother Peter has his own encounter with the sprits of past, present, and future as this tale of a young man who sets out to prove to his family, including Uncle Scrooge, that he is worthy of the lessons taught by the former miser and now benefactor of Peter’s family.

He finds love and fortune but then makes poor decisions which result in his return to England a pauper and only able to earn money for food and shelter by working the streets.

A completely different take on the
tysephine
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an interesting take on a classic! Peter Cratchit is living on the streets after enduring many hardships, and has basically resigned himself to dying, when he has an encounter with 3 familiar Christmas ghosts.

This book tried its damnedest to make me cry, but I managed to pull through. Peter's story was beautifully written, and the scenes with the Ghost of Christmas Past were absolutely heartbreaking. The story is a bit cheesy, but the subject and the season call for it, I think. It's not a
mw138
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a delightful and fresh take on the classic Charles Dickens story, A Christmas Carol. I enjoyed reading a continuation of the story from Peter's point of view and how he navigates through life and love. If you're looking for a quick and interesting Christmas read, this is the one for you!

I received a copy of this book from the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design and voluntarily provided my honest review.

For more m/m romance reviews, visit Slashsessed.
Colin Hardy
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Based some time after the original story, this tale follows one of Bob Cratchit’s sons. Written in the first person it presents a young man that has fallen as low as he can with no hope of anything other than a sad death. How he got to this point forms much of the early part of the book. The author then uses a similar mechanism to Dickens to get the central character to reflect on those circumstances and see them in a different light.

The style of writing is in keeping with novels of the era,
Lena Grey
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
“Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.” ~ Jerry Rice

Peter Cratchit, of ‘Peter Cratchit’s Christmas Carol’ by Drew Marvin Frane, is presently living with past regrets and fears for the future. When what was to be Peter’s great adventure ends in failure, he decides that suffering is preferable to swallowing his pride and going back home.

This Christmas Eve, Peter has given up; he has decided that death is preferable to the
Charlotte
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Peter Cratchitt is the brother of Tiny Tim! He's had a rough life when the reader first meets him. InPeter Cratchit's Christmas Carol, Peter is barely scraping together enough food to survive. In exchange for sexual favors, men give him much-needed scraps of food and some warmth in his otherwise cold existence.

It's been a long road to where Peter Cratchitt is now. This story picks up shortly after the original work left off. Peter sets off on a voyage to make his fortune and take care of his
Susan
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Peter Cratchit’s Christmas Carol by Drew Marvin Frayne via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I’ve read other pastiches of A Christmas Carol, but Frayne’s is the most interesting for following a minor character and giving him a rich life of his own. Peter, unlike his brother Tim, seems to take good fate and turn it into bad. At first, I found him whiny until I knew his backstory, then he became a tragic hero. I enjoyed the author’s intention to ...more
サヘリー
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
(Book provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review — thank you!)

Peter Cratchit, son of Bob from the original story, has fallen on hard times (understatement) due to a combination of bad luck and bad choices. Then, one fateful Christmas Eve, three ghosts visit him to show him what was, is, and will be.

This tribute to A Christmas Carol was exceedingly beautiful in conception and execution. I was a bit :( when I began the story, because it starts on a very dark, cynical note, what with
Becky Schweitzer
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love "A Christmas Carol" so I went into this w high hopes and this book did not disappoint! I cried and I might have yelled at Peter more than once!! But oh the journey was so worth it!! It had some filthy sex and some sweet tender love scenes that made me tear up...and the lessons learned of course made the ending very 'Christmas Carol-y'. I loved every minute!

This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.
Natalie Jaser
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book early thanks to #NetGalley!

This book started out very Dickensian, but then went pretty erotic at points. I didn't see that coming at all. It wasn't really my cup of tea, but I finished it. All of the usual Christmas Carol tropes were there, and that was nice. I guess I just felt like the erotic bits could have been implied instead of fleshed out.
Amy Lynn
Jae Moran
Nov 24, 2019

• The Christmas Deal
  • Irises in the Snow
  • Claiming Marcus (Lords of Discord, #1)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • Hearts of Magic
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Holiday Gridlock (Cruised, #2)
  • Slashed and Mashed: Seven Gayly Subverted Stories
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Manners & Mannerisms
  • Betrothed by Christmas
  • Twice Shy (New Milton #3)
  • Sons of Rome
  • Master of Restless Shadows (Master of Restless Shadows, #1)
  • Deosil (Whyborne & Griffin #11)
  • All or Nothing
Drew Marvin Frayne is the pen name of a long-time author (Lambda Literary Award finalist) who is finally taking the opportunity to indulge his more sentimental and romantic side. When not writing the author lives with his husband of 20+ years and their dog of 10+ years in a brick home in the Northeast.