Start by marking “The Executive Lounge” as Want to Read:
The Executive Lounge

The Executive Lounge

Rob Arvazian just graduated with an engineering Bachelor's and an MBA, and landed a dream job as the personal assistant to a hot Silicon Valley CEO. Emphasis on hot -- personally, as well as in the business world. The tiny financial aid clerk in Rob's brain is telling him to just do his job and start paying down his loans, but other parts of his body are wishing the gaze N ...more
Kindle Edition
Published November 15th 2019 by Rocky Ridge Books (first published September 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Executive Lounge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Executive Lounge

Start your review of The Executive Lounge
Emma Sea
Very, very difficult to rate.

Once Benedetti decided what story she was telling, this was a very nice sugar-kink, slow burn, hot boss & lucky PA fic. However it took some considerable time for the author to decide this was the story she was telling. There are unresolved subplots coming out the wazoo, and it makes it difficult for me to believe she's a published author with an extensive back list.

Like . . . what happened to Julie Kale!!
(view spoiler)
☙ nemo ❧ (pagesandprozac)
dnf @ 39%

there's more talk about his work in his office than anything else and i'm bored and just not feelin it. it's not even very long but i can't finish it.
Sunny
I liked Rob's voice, even though he did tend to ramble on and sometimes he sounded a lot younger than a 25 year old with an MBA. When he started with "It's, like, a rule or something." or "We were naked, like, forty seconds later...", it threw me off a bit. Sometimes the rambling inner thoughts got to be too much and I just wanted him to stop.

The Ds scenes were hot, though, with nice tension. I caught my breath a few times. Those were times I wanted to hear from him because the way he described
Joyfully Jay
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

Rob is an extremely voicey character, and you’ll figure out pretty quickly if you want to follow along with his story since he’s not shy with his either his opinions or his personality. Rob is socially awkward, insecure, and hyper focused, and he’s constantly in his own head. Even when giving head, he’s thinking all manner of thoughts, lost in his own nerves and observations, trapping himself in loops and snarls until Nick breaks him out of it. Rob is more benign
Reader S.
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
Shelves: free-reads, bdsm
10/6/2013

Loved it! Great fun for free! This is one of the stories in the Love Has No Boundaries event of the M/M Romance Group, but this is not a short story like most of the other stories, this is a novella length book. I'd say the writing was very good, the story fresh and interesting, and there were many well crafted characters, characters who felt very real, and were very likable, like someone you'd like to have as a friend. One of the best things was that for most of the book I couldn't be
P.D.
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The material is way out of my usual genre choice, but I read it in one sitting (Thanks a lot, Angie, I'm trying to write a book here ;)). My emotions got yanked around pretty thoroughly, in the best way. The characters were rounded, flawed, sincere, and they made me understand something that usually eludes me, at least for the duration of the story.

This is a novel length story, and it's an incredible gift to readers. Thank you.

MostlyDelores
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, kink
I really enjoyed this. It's chatty and rambly with a slow burn leading to a satisfying payoff. It's set in the world of BDSM but not with a focus on scenes, more about relationships (which I find more interesting anyway), and without the cardboard formality that is so common in this genre. I might have knocked a star off because of the (view spoiler), but I was enjoying myself so much that I let it go. ...more
Syfy
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-bdsm, lhnb-20013
I know this won't be everyone's BDSM cuppa, but *squee* my heart went all marshmallow-y! Just so sweet and satisfying... oh yeah, someone did get their lights put out, I love it when a creep get's popped. Ha!
Ayanna
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
"Sugar kink."

It wasn't bad, but then half-way through, I just wasn't in the mood for sugar kink anymore, and then it was just boring.

The "unresolved subplots" didn't bother me. I just took it in stride and moved on. I didn't even really think of them as such until Emma pointed it out as such.
Camille
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free, m-m-rom-erotica
Some okay moments but generally too dry, too technical, too much mundanity, and way too unrealistic.

Ps: M/m books that create an all gay universe shoot themselves in the feet.
K
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 7.9.13
Very nice D/s based story (no impact play, just restraint and ropework). Rob, the narrator, is a young man with an MBA, a lot of debt and a new job. The man who he thinks is his boss gifts him to Nick, the head of the company, who didn't want a PA. What the two men get though is more than a working relationship as they are both involved in the local BDSM scene. Whilst their relationship builds fairly slowly, once they finally get together there is a bit of a rush to a r
Jade
Sep 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, freebie
3.5-I enjoyed this and it was a nice realistic portray or a relationship, set with some very nice look-sees into the BDSM culture. Thank you!
Love Bytes Reviews
DNF review by Cindy

So, I’m not sure I’ve ever done a DNF review before, but I feel quite strongly that I need to explain why I’m doing it.

The story wasn’t bad. I had a little trouble getting into it, but I love BDSM stories so it got my attention eventually. The characters are interesting and the premise was pretty good.

However I have a major issue with this book. After the third time Rob put himself down with a “like a girl” reference, I had to stop reading because I was so mad. At one point Ro
Eric Westfall
This is a “yes, but” review about a basically well-written story, so let’s get the “but” part of this out of the way first. I enjoyed the story very much (see below), but there were two problems with it that ultimately led me to rate it three stars instead of four. Explaining what my reservations were, here, would lead to spoilers, and so I’m sending a private message to the author to explain.

Yes, I know that there is some technique to include spoilers in a review but hide them unless the reader
Sandra
I liked this chatty, rambly MC (Rob) who just finished his MBA with a BA in Tech Engineering and starts working for Nick Castle.

I liked the meat of the story, with the sweeter side of BDSM, and how it explored the relationship end of things, with only a few scenes (which were hot!).

What I didn't like were the loose ends - the underpaid Julie Kale, who does all the work and doesn't get the kudos for it. Why wasn't this resolved? And the lack of concern over a bunch of managers all sitting around
Cassie Richards
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-s
Hmm, this was well written, with characters I really cared about, but a couple of points didn't sit right with me:

1) I hated how 'good' management was portrayed - I know that was incidental to the story, but still as a technical manager myself the description of how the company worked made me cringe and pity the workforce and customers.

2) There was no way it should have ended like that (view spoiler). I think if the story had started
Kate
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
There is a lot I love about this book. The writer's voice is irreverent and funny, and the first-person character, Rob, is delightfully insecure on the inside but stays strong and confident on the outside. Rob is no wilting flower, and he can hold his own just about anywhere. Since we see other characters from Rob's filter, we find out a bit less about them, but they still come across as real people with real flaws and real assets. I'd love to find out more about many of the guys and gals I met ...more
Meggie
This is a nice slowly developing BDSM romance between a Dominant NIcolas, who is the CEO at Castle Silicasystems, and Rob, a new employee at Castle. I really liked Rob, especially his mind blabber which was almost to chatty. Overall Rob presented an intelligent new employee with submissive tendency. His attraction to Nick was strong and well written from Submissive side. I liked Nick too, his behaviour as the boss man was professionally and reserved.
Anyway I liked this story. Angela Benedetti w
Melanie~~
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting take. I would have loved to have seen more of the relationship after the Lounge. I would have loved to have seen the scene were Mr. Castle fed Rob in the Lounge and less of the more mundane stuff. Probably more time IN the Lounge.

The ending was good even if the path there was a bit omnidirectional.

[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation.]
La*La
3.75 stars.

I love me an office romance. All those men in suits, yum! Throw in some kink - and I'm a happy reader.

So, overall enjoyable read, but left me with some questions (like what are the odds of most of the head office being into BDSM? O_O) and wishing for a sequel.

BTW, liked that the book wasn't PWP and there were details of the heroes' jobs...but, at times, the author went over the top with all the engineering details...I couldn't understand a word.
Pamela Su
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, the story was enjoyable with some questionable management practices that would not work in real life.

The story was sweet but I found it difficult to accept the idea of an executive lounge for that sort of purpose described in a book. That could be easily abused and also a solid case for making an environment conducive to sexual harassment.
Mimi Tulane
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the story. Ms. Benedetti gives you characters you can relate to. A cute mix of humor and loads of sexy. The dynamic between Rob and his friends, Rob and NICK CASTLE (so sexy...) drew you into a story that keeps you entertained page after page. I could get use to a few more stories *coughs* that feature Rob and his crew. I recommend this goodread to everyone.
Anna.E
I really liked this book, all the way though I was enjoying it, but the last line "because what more do you need", well there are several questions I have that we're unanswered, probably wouldn't have bothered me, except the author asked!
It didn't bother me too much though, cause I would happily read it again!
Harshini
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So i don't normally read BDSM books because i always feel like there is such a thin line between how doms are portrayed & control, abuse and domestic violence. So having said that i actually read this one and it worked, because the main character rationally thought through what was happening, how it made them feel, having a social network which keeps them safe, and it just worked ...more
Victoria
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story, the characters and the romance. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you Angela Benedetti for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Katy Beth Mckee
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
Very storng story. It didn't feel rushed even with them moving fast. You could feel the connection. So glad to see thing work out. ...more
Dan
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really good. I need to check Angelas other work.
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮ by: mammarella
I struggled a little with this book cause I found some parts really boring, but Rob was funny and the ending perfect.
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
rob gets hired and then flown out to his boss's birthday party. as the night goes on, things get more wild, until the core members of the group end up at a bdsm club. there, everyone of the group is drugged, except for two men who stuck with water. when they get back to the office, rob finds out that nick doesn't really want an assistant, which is what he was hired for. he proves himself, though, and becomes indispensible to nick. then rob finds out that nick is big into the bdsm scene,
Eve
Jan 28, 2016 marked it as dnf-did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I think it's yummy as hell, I mean older-younger romances make me go gawd yass, I like the exploration of one's identities & the experience of the older guy (kind of like a teacher, or a street daddy), the discussions of consent & how businesses &or social structures/institutions can be manipulated. however those business elements are what triggers me.

also remembering the names and such because I stopped midway because of excessive trigger experiences because of business school (as business sch

• Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
  • Something Waiting in the Dark (Demon Bonded #1)
  • Mated To The Demon Prince (Hellcat, #1)
  • Can't Touch
  • My Brother's Love
  • Caring for Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Serving Mr. Chamberlain (Different Hearts, #3)
  • The Roommate Situation
  • Almost Strangers
  • Breathing Under the Bed (Demon Bonded #2)
  • The Demon Trainer (Demon Bonded #8)
  • The Fall (Demon Bonded #9)
  • In the Absence of Light (Morgan & Grant, #1)
  • Magnificent Night (Demon Bonded #4)
  • The Twisted Apprentice (Demon Bonded #6)
  • Hell on Earth (Hellhound Champions, #1)
  • The Killer Wardrobe (Demon Bonded #3)
  • Beneath the Darkness (Demon Bonded #5)

News & Interviews