Start by marking “Stefan's Promise” as Want to Read:

Stefan's Promise

THE VIETNAM WAR CHANGED AMERICA.
TWO BEST FRIENDS WEREN'T SPARED.
ONLY ONE WAS DRAFTED.

It's 1968. America is rocked by assassinations, war protests and political upheaval. Alan Young, 21, is brooding over having been dumped by his girlfriend. This won't last long. His draft notice is in the mail.
Stefan Kopinski isn't about to let the war get in his way. He spends his
Published September 3rd 2019 by Hugo House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Stefan's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stefan's Promise

Start your review of Stefan's Promise
Jypsy
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you IRead and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Sam Rennick

*REVIEW*

From the beginning, reading Stefan's Promise was no small undertaking. It's heavy, literally and figuratively, and requires attentiveness. I mention this not to intimidate but to encourage you to pick up this book and challenge yourself to read something authentic and moving. In my case, I found the story educational because of
Grace Ann
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An engaging story about truth, ambition, family and betrayals. A story told amidst America's political upheavals and the Vietnam war. Sam has portrayed his characters, Alan Young and Stefan Kopinski with striking awareness and perspectives about the political and social situation of this period causing much drama and uncertainty to their fates. In the end, their lives and their friendship becomes morally enlightening for them.

For me, Alan Young represented many of the Young men who were drafted
Marilyn R.
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stefan's Promise was an interesting book to read. It is actually two books in one, the two stories written many years apart, but presented as a single novel. While both characters are a part of both books, the first half more intimately follows the life journey of Alan Young. The second focuses more on Stefan Kopinski's, as well as bringing them back together.

The early setting is in university during the Vietnam war and the two young men are fast friends. But as each graduates (not the same
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved:
Stefan’s Promise is a book broken into two separate stories. I enjoyed the writer was able to separate the story by so many years and keep me connected and interested in the character’s lives.

How I Felt:
The story of these two character’s lives felt so real. I forgot I was reading fiction at times and would have to remind myself it wasn’t a memoir! Sam Rennick’s writing was beautiful.

The Characters: Alan and Stefan are the two main characters in Stefan’s Promise. I liked and
Amy
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stefan’s Promise is a great debut for Sam Rennick. It begins during the turmoil of 1968 with college best friends, Alan Young and Stefan Kopinski. During that period of time, there are protests all over the United States, assassinations of political and important civil rights leaders, and Vietnam War. The two friends soon find themselves at odds and, sadly, soon lose touch.

Stefan’s Promise is one of those unique novels that reads like a memoir of actual events and what feels like real people. I
Leila
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a different type of read that I am used to, but I am glad that I took the chance and gave this book a try. While it wasn’t what I considered my “norm”; I found it to be an enjoyable read.

Two warnings; one, the book is very long. It’s probably close to one of the longest books I have read in awhile. Two, and the author warns this himself in the beginning, the author has a unique way of writing. It isn’t quite modern, it’s more educated, professional, and “olden” writing. A few areas
Anne C. Rennick
Kim
marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2020

• The Birth Mother
  • The Nutcracker Conspiracy (Thorny Rose #4)
  • The Almanack
  • The Very Last Leaf
  • Super Foods for Super Kids Cookbook: 50 Delicious (and Secretly Healthy) Recipes Kids Will Love to Make
  • Moral Compass
  • Only Lies Remain
  • The Going Back Portal
  • Midnight on Strange Street
  • All The Good Girls
  • Murder by Perfection (A Thorny Rose Mystery Book 3)
  • The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh
  • The Cracking of Monday Egg (Egg World Allegory Book 1)