Start by marking “No Place Like Home” as Want to Read:
No Place Like Home

No Place Like Home

Will Oliver get the gift he’s hoping for this Christmas?

Oliver Walker’s Christmas is shaping up to be a quiet one. That is until hunky neighbour Ed Middleton moves in next door.

Attraction is instant, but Ed is only there temporarily and neither wants to start something with an expiration date.

As the festive season approaches, holiday cheer wraps around them, and giving
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 218 pages
Published November 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about No Place Like Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Place Like Home

Start your review of No Place Like Home
Cadiva
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book, read it!

That's the short version of my review which Annabelle said she'd take

My longer version says this book is a beautifully written Christmas romance about remembering that sometimes the thing you're looking for is right under your nose.

Or, in this case, right next door.

Ed and Oliver are totally perfect for each other. They might have had an interesting start, and that has to be one of the most original and amusing meet/cutes I've read, but it soon becomes clear they have a
Susan
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas, mm
Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever read a book character who was this easily offended before. Perhaps offended is a strong word, but Oliver did feel as if Ed should apologize for things I didn’t think were that bad at all.

Ed sees a strange man breaking into the house next door so he calls the police. It turns out the burglar is the neighbor’s nephew and he forgot his keys. Ed apologizes, but feels terribly embarrassed about it.

Later when they see each other again in the back garden, Ed apologizes for
CrabbyPatty
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a romance featuring two real adults ... you know, fully mature intelligent adults who actually seem to like one another, communicate honestly and openly, and have warm and wonderful families. If you do as well, you're going to really enjoy "No Place Like Home."

Prior to starting a new job up north, Ed is getting his aunt's bungelow ready to sell. Oliver lives next door with his elderly nan, assisting her with daily needs while saving money to buy a house. The two men "meet cute" when Ed
michaela ⚘
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m, soft, holiday-rm
This is such a sweet friends to lovers read that has lots of feels and that warm holiday feeling to it!

I am a huge fan of slow burns — especially friends to lovers slow burns — so watching Oliver and Ed develop a friendship and start to slowly navigate towards more was beautiful. Not only do you get the full Christmas romance — you also get plenty of side characters who all add such a special touch to this book. Especially a sweet kitty who is just trying to find his forever home.

This is a
Bev
Lovely slow-burn Christmassy romance between two guys who end up being neighbours, but who can't see the wood for the trees. I think the saying 'the grass isn't always greener' also applies in this instance, ooh and 'better the devil you know'. Sweet. 4.25 stars from me.
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I really enjoyed this holiday story - it may be centred around Christmas, but actually it would be a good read at any time of the year.

Ed and his sisters have inherited their aunt's home, and decide to do it up and sell it. Ed moves in so that he can work on it, and because he has recently sold his house in readiness to moving up North. All his family are local, but after a bad break up he is moving back to work with
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
It was ok. Maybe I wasn’t in the right head space for this one. It took me way to long to read something that should have taken me a day to read and I kept falling asleep on it. I guess it didn’t really hook me was the problem. Decent book I liked the MC’s just wasn’t my thing I guess
ButtonsMom2003
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read, ku
I loved it!

No Place Like Home is such a sweet story, with just a hint of spice towards the end. I've just read the blurb over again… while it is slanted more towards Oliver and his feelings, I felt the book was much more about Ed.

Ed and his sisters inherited a house from their aunt. Ed will live there temporarily while they get it ready to sell. After a bad breakup, that shook his confidence where relationships are concerned, Ed has plans to move north, a couple of hours away from his family.

Charlotte
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-holiday
I absolutely adored this book! I'm not a huge fan of the holidays and this one made me want to rush out and get a damned Christmas tree!!!!

Ed has moved into his deceased Aunt's condo to help get it ready to sell. He loves his family and is happy to be back home, but he feels as though he needs to move on. His last relationship ended with his partner saying that he was too attached to his family and needed to be a man and stand on his own two feet. So once the place is fixed up... he's moving
Didi
3.5 Stars rounded UP

“No Place Like Home” is a sweet and down to earth holidays romance read. The story oozes out closeness and familiarity that warm (readers) heart. The blurb says it all: it’s a heartwarming story of love between neighbors, family and friends, and some rescue cats!

Ed and Oliver were the two charming lead characters with equally delightful friends and family. Other than the occasional exasperation Ed’s way (for his stubbornness) this is a feel good story that lift up the mood.
Devoted♥Reader
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Neighborly love

I'd like to start off by saying how much I adore Betty and Monty. I must say Ed is great at putting his foot in his mouth and a bit stubborn. It’s a good thing Oliver has a wonderful forgiving attitude. Ed’s insecurities sometimes manifest in his curt actions but he is also very sweet and thoughtful. Plus he gets points for being a good neighbor and it will make a funny “how did you meet story” for them. I agree with Oliver about the gnomes and he has great taste in jeans. Ed's
Lauren
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woop! Christmas story season is finally upon us (yes I know it’s only November but I don’t care, christmas is coming!!) and I was super excited to read this one from the moment I read the blurb and saw that GORGEOUS cover on Facebook...

No Place Like Home was absolutely WONDERFUL. It is everything I could ever hope for in a cute holiday romance, and a completely perfect story to curl up on the sofa with, drinking hot chocolate and eating ALL the snacks.

This story was truly heartwarming and just
Karen
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a perfect read for the holiday season! Such a heartwarming feel-good story with a simple message that holds so much truth: there really is no place like home.

This is an incredibly sweet love story, low on heat but utterly enchanting because the MC’s fall into friendship and love in the cutest way. The secondary characters, family and friends of both guys, are loving, supportive and teasing, with Betty undoubtedly one of the most endearing little old ladies ever written and Monty, the
Susana
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You want a fun, sweet, slow burn romance with holiday festivities and family, this is it!!!! Ed is going to spruce up his aunts house which was left to him and his sisters then move north to start over. Never does he expect Oliver, currently staying with his neighbor Betty. Oliver is younger, sexy, a killer smile but Ed is moving after the holiday, why start something for a few weeks?

Oliver likes Ed, but can they do long distance, does he want to? They become friends, helping each other out.
Amy Dufera
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

No Place Like Home is a touching neighbor romance by Annabelle Jacobs.

Oliver and Ed meet during a funny misunderstanding, then strike up a neighborly friendship.

Ed is definitely attracted to Oliver, but their age difference makes him weary. What follows is a super sweet story. Ed and Oliver are only going to be together for a short time, but the relationship they develop during that time is super meaningful. And hot!

Their tale is full of some great secondary characters, with family
Melanie
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-itr

From that Review: My only complaint about No Place Like Home by Annabelle Jacobs? That is wasn't longer! I just adored this story! It was heartwarming. It was adult, that dealt with a number of themes besides the wonderful romance. All of which Annabella Jacobs addressed with sensitivity, folding it gently into the building slow burn romance between Oliver and Ed.

For all our
Victoria Loves Books
No Place Like Home showed me that home is where the heart is in this friends-to-lovers romance between two mature men who know how to communicate.
All of the side characters were so real and honest, I felt such an emotional connection.

What a down to earth cozy holiday romance this turned out to be
French_fry
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a really sweet one. I liked both characters and their friends and family. The secondary characters were well drawn and the love story was lovely. I’m rounding up a 3.5 because the premise of Ed leaving to prove something to his ex wore thin pretty quickly but overall a good bit of Christmas fluff.
Shawna
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, ku, m-m, winter-holiday
I really enjoyed this warm cup of tea in mug form. I loved the fixing up a bungalow, taking care of an elderly lady, let's get an extra Christmas tree vibes. Ed was just grumpy and stubborn enough to be charming and not annoying, and I like how he came to his own conclusion about moving without a big production.
Keith
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well Written

A well written storyline and good character development for a story which just happens to occur over Christmas. Some tension and doubt, but no angst or miscommunication. Ends promising a HEA.
Patricia Nelson
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet, charming, grab-you-by-the-feels, engaging, slow burning, adorable, snarky, hilarious, and delightfully delicious friends-to-lovers story. I wanted to smack some sense into certain characters, but in the end, it all worked out beautifully.
Simera
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Place Like Home is a sweet Holiday read. I loved the way Ed and Oliver meet.. This is a slow burn romance between neighbors.
Overall, enjoyable read with 2 sweet lovable guys and a few cats tossed in.
I voluntarily read a copy of this book for an honest review.
Stephanie
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet and heartwarming Holiday story! I love Ed and Oliver. Their first meet is definitely something I love. A beautiful slow burn and fun story that I just couldn't stop reading. Just a perfect story to get into the Holiday spirit.
Melissa
Super cute holiday story with several tropes I love in my stories :) definitely adored it
Sara
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute!

A nice, cute read. Nothing dramatic or terribly fancy. Sweet characters and a lovely cast. The cats might be the best part. :)
AL
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet story of finding home and changing plans. I liked the characters a lot and while the story was relatively simole, it was a very nice read.
Pjm12
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: angsty, romantic, sweet, xmas
Sweet and cute.
Leni
Nov 27, 2019
Queen Plamo
Nov 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Christmas Deal
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • Life According to Liam
  • Twice Shy (New Milton #3)
  • Rocket Science
  • Tallowwood
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • A Very Terry Christmas
  • Spreadsheets (Ace's Wild #8)
Annabelle Jacobs lives in the South West of England with her three rowdy children, and two cats.

An avid reader of fantasy herself for many years, Annabelle now spends her days writing her own stories. They're usually either fantasy or paranormal fiction, because she loves building worlds filled with magical creatures, and creating stories full of action and adventure. Her characters may have a